• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 3,897 Views, 67 Comments

A Displaced Chaos - Prince_Zodiac

  • ...
14
 67
 3,897

Chapter Seven: Alduin, the World Eater (Alduin)


Chapter Seven: Alduin, the World Eater


Ponyville was a peaceful town, full of friendly residents, and interesting individuals. Though the ponies that lived here weren't the bravest, or the toughest, they could generally stand pretty much anything, what with them living right outside the Everfree Forest.

Still though, they’ve never had to deal with something like this.

Twilight and her friends crashed to the ground, their power completely drained. The princess of friendship could just barely lift herself up as she wondered how she could be so stupid.

In front of her, standing taller than any building or tree, was the centaur Tirek, a monstrosity of power that had just robbed the world of its only chance.

How could she be so stupid?

“Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!” Tirek laughed, feeling the incredible amount of magical power coursing through his veins. “This is more power than I could have ever hoped for! I thank you Princess Twilight!”

Twilight didn't have the strength to speak. She could only wonder how things had gotten so bad.

The box, a crystal chest that had sprouted from the tree of harmony, had six locks. Six keys. Twilight and her friends had found those keys, and had opened up the magical container. Within it, was an incredible power, one so immense, it dwarfed Tirek’s in comparison. It made Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity all hope that they could finally defeat the centaur.

But the power they received was still power, and that brought their downfall.

The moment they tried to unleash their new power upon Tirek, he simply opened his mouth and absorbed it. Instead of being destroyed by the power, he was draining it, and getting stronger. Growing larger in size, Tirek could only grin as his power grew, and his opponent's weakened. The girls tried to stop him, tried to relinquish their power from his grasp, but it was useless. He took everything from them, and left them powerless.

And so they had fallen to the ground, drained, defeated, no chance of victory in sight. And now Twilight could only watch as Tirek lifted a hoof.

“Guess I should reward you for the power boost, so I'll make it quick.”

She wanted to stop him, to save her friends, but there was nothing Twilight could do to stop him. And so, she closed her eyes, and tried to hold on to the last bit of her pride as she waited for the end.

But the end didn't come.

Whereas Twilight expected to feel the massive hoof crashing down onto her, instead she heard a distant roar, echoing amongst the clouds. Tirek’s hoof came down, but not on top of her. Instead, he had drawn his hoof back, his attention now on the sky.

“What was that?” Tirek questioned, before another roar rumbled through the air, like the booming thunder of a storm. Now a little panicked, Tirek looked this way and that, trying to find the source of the cries, but the clouds above blocked his view.

Wait, clouds?

The sky had been clear just a few moments ago. And yet now, storm clouds completely covered the sky, and, although she didn't have any proof, Twilight knew something was being kept hidden within them.

The roar sounded off again, closer this time. Whatever was making that noise was coming, and Twilight wasn't sure if she should be hopeful, or afraid.

The roar came again, even closer now, and Twilight swore she could hear the flapping of large wings.

“Whoever is out there, show yourself!” Tirek shouted. This was getting annoying. Whoever it was that decided to interrupt him was going to pay the price.

“No, it couldn't be.” Twilight turned around, surprised to see Discord. She thought he had fled.

“Discord?” she questioned, both curious and worried at the draconcus' worried expression. But the spirit of chaos didn't answer. He just kept on looking up. And so, she too looked up.

And she saw a legend, descend from the clouds.

The beast hidden within the sky finally dipped below the cloud cover. It was quite possibly the most terrifying thing she had ever laid eyes upon. A beast, only rumored to exist in legend. A monstrosity, that was the embodiment of destruction itself. A creature, that devoured all, even time.

It stopped its descent and landed atop a house. Raising its head, its ferocious red eye glared at Tirek. Twilight could hardly find the strength to speak in the presence of the black scaled beast.

“I-Its… its…” Twilight began.

“Alduin, the World Eater.” Discord finished.

The black dragon of legend straighten upon hearing his name. His crimson pupils shifted to the other present members of the battle, and Twilight wasn't sure if he was tallying casualties, or searching for his next meal.

“T-Twilight?” Rainbow Dash barely managed to say. “W-what is that?”

“T-that's Alduin,” she answered, “a dragon rumored to exist three thousand years ago. According to legend, he was the king of dragons, and lead his subjects in a war with Equestria. But in the end… he w-was too powerful to be defeated, so instead he was sealed away.”

“Well, at least one person here recalls my legend.” The deep voice of the dragon made everyone involuntarily shiver. This was bad. This was really bad. Tirek may have been a threat, but Alduin was infinitely worse. If the legends were true, Alduin could control time and space with nothing but his voice! Power like that was something that shouldn't be messed with.

“So I see the legends are true, you do exist,” Tirek remarked. “Heh, taking your power will be a welcome bonus to my strength.”

Alduin looked at the red centaur, unimpressed.

“What, you think yourself to be powerful? Well then, allow me to show you just how truly weak you are.” With a single leap, Alduin was in the air. His wings carried him up, higher and higher as he flew around his opponent. Tirek attempted to blast him with beams of magic, but Alduin dodged them easily. Getting above Tirek, Alduin smirked and opened his mouth.

“Krii, lun aus!” From his jaws came a bullet of purple energy. It slammed into Tirek, and immediately the centaur went down. He collapsed to his knees, his breathing suddenly labored, and his strength quickly fading.

“What… What did you do to me?” Alduin landed in front of him, chuckling at the weakened state of his foe.

“I used a shout, known as marked for death. It weakens whoever is unlucky enough to be touched by its power, to the point where they can barely stand.” Alduin approached Tirek, leaning down so he was eye level with him. “Terrifying how weak you've become, isn't it?”

“You… bastard.”

“You're the one who messed with the wrong dragon.” Alduin straightened again, and shouted, “Gol, hah dov!”

This time, a golden colored burst of energy emitted from Alduin's mouth, and swarmed itself around Tirek. The villain struggled a bit, crying out in sudden pain as he held his head. But soon, his cries stopped, and he stood, a blank stare adorning his face.

“How may I serve you, my master?” Twilight blinked. Did he say master? Weren't they just fighting? Why was Tirek now regarding Alduin as his master?

‘It must have something to do with that strange language he spoke in,’ Twilight thought. ‘Did he maybe cast some sort of spell?’

“Tirek,” Alduin said, interrupting the mare’s thoughts, “return all of the energy you have stolen, and return to Tartarus.”

“Yes master.” With his arms outstretched, and palms to the sky, Tirek opened his mouth, and a trail of magical energy snaked its way from his lips. The magic first came at Twilight and her friends, returning to them their strength. Discord was next on the list to retrieve his power, and afterwards the magic began to make its way to the other residents of Ponyville, and then the rest of Equestria. Soon, all of the magic was returned, and Tirek was back in his weakened state. Without a word, the small centaur left, returning to his prison in Tartarus just as he was commanded to do.

Alduin watched the defeated villain go, an indifferent expression on his face. His vision turned skyward, and he roared in triumph, claiming victory over the battle.

Author's Note:

And here we have Alduin's second chapter. Hope you enjoyed it!