• Published 3rd Aug 2017
  • 931 Views, 8 Comments

The Changeling Civil War - ShadowGear



Thorax had become the new king of the Changelings and the other Hives are not happy about his alliance with Equestria. Will Equestria survive against the upcoming Changeling invasion? How will they fight against a technologically advanced enemy?

  • ...
 8
 931

Chapter 4: Devastation

Flash Sentry followed the guards outside Shining Armor's protective shield. The army marched through the snow covered land in the direction of the enemy camp. The only sounds that could be heard were the hooves of ponies hitting the snow. Suddenly, a loud screeching sound echoed through the air. This caused the army to stop marching and look up in confusion. Even Flash Sentry wasn't expecting anything like this. A moment later, the Equestrian army was covered with explosions. It was as if a volcano had erupted and sent fireballs down from the sky. Nopony had any time to react before they were blown to pieces. Some had even survived losing a limb and were screaming in agonizing pain. Flash looked around to see the ponies panic. Some began to run back to the safety of the shield while others tried to rush towards the still far away enemy position.

The explosions were bright enough for Princess Cadence to see from one of the palace windows. Shining Armor himself stood at the edge of the shield and watched as the explosion killed the stallions. Those who were brave enough to keep moving had been killed by another set of explosions, while many who retreated barely made it back in one piece.

When the smoke cleared, much of the snow was melted, and the field was littered with the bodies of ponies. Other than coat color, there was no way to distinguish any of the bodies.

Shining Armor had never seen destruction and violence on this scale. They had destroyed an entire army without getting scratched. There was no way they can be stopped. He then noticed one particular pony rushing back.

"Flash! It's good to see that you've survived that!" Shining Armor said.

Flash stopped in front of Shining Armor, "I'm sorry sir."

"Don't be, there was nothing you could've done to change what just happened. For now, be glad that you survived and we'll decide what to do next," Shining Armor reassured, trying not to panic.

"Yes sir," Flash said before trotting off.

"Luna is going to have a lot of work tonight," Shining Armor mumbled as he looked back at the hill, the enemy occupied. "There has to be some way up there," he thought to himself.


"Sir! The Equestrian forces are in full retreat. Should we pursue?" asked one of the soldiers.

"No! Let them run," Sclerite said. He was barely able to stand now. The warmth of the tank protected him from the snow but he had pulled an all-nighter to get here and it was already sunset. That mistake was beginning to catch up to him as he collapsed on top of the tank.

"Hey sir, are you alright?" asked one of his soldiers rushing over to him. She placed her head towards Sclerite's heart and noticed that he still had a pulse and was breathing. "I'm getting you inside," she said as she began to drag him into the cave.