• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 810 Views, 11 Comments

A New Perspective - kharne34231



What if, everything you knew was gone? What if you awoke in a world you did not recognize? What if you yourself had changed? I did, and this

  • ...
 11
 810

someone new

Chapter 11 someone new

Celestia and I were going to leave for Ponyville at 9 pm. We were to meet Twilight and the others and then go to meet our guest in the forest. By Celestia’s prediction he was going to arrive anywhere between 10 pm and 12 pm, which gave me plenty of time to see the choir perform. Celestia even decided to come watch it with me. Something told me that she was just trying to make sure I didn’t run off somewhere.

The choir was performing at the hotel I had stayed at when I originally came to Canterlot. They had cleared up a large portion of the ground floor and even added a stand for them to sing from and a large group of chairs around it for the band. A lot of ponies had gathered for the event, but none of them had expected to see the princess herself. It was a little bit awkward for me to walk past all of the ponies that were bowing to her.

Eventually all the people calmed down though and I was free from the crowd of ponies desperate to say hello to Celestia. After all of that though it became rather easy for me to go around and have some discussion with the other ponies. Apparently this event had been looked forward to by a lot of ponies in Canterlot and the coir was fairly well known.

From the corner of my eye I could see the band taking their positions in front of the stands where the choir would be singing. As they began to tune I took my seat. Soon enough the choir arrived, Songjay was in the middle row she wore a plain golden dress and a beaded necklace. It fit her very well.

The lights began to dim and the crowd got quiet. A spotlight shone on the singers and the orchestra started up. The music was a breed all its own. In no way had I ever heard anything like it before. Just hearing it made me feel elated and happy as if the orchastra was weaving magic into each note. Then came the choir.

The sound was elegant, peaceful, and saddening all at the same time. Nothing I had ever heard on earth could even compare to what I heard that night. I wish it would have gone on longer. I was there for and hour but it felt like only half that, I had no complaints. Celestia though was telling me we were pressed for time and had only a few minutes until we had to leave.

I was hoping to see Songjay after the show but I had to agree we didn’t have much time. So we made haiste to the chariot that would take us to Ponyville, which was apparently much faster than the train for whatever reason. To pegasi in armor waited for us at the chariot and as soon as we arrived and got on took off for Ponyville.

Most of the ride to Ponyville was made in silence so I spent most of the time looking over towards the Everfree forest. The clouds above it were swirling around maddeningly fast, it easily resmbled that of a hurricane made of thunderheads. It spun around the forest in a tight and orderly manner. Far too orderly to be natural.

Soon we had arrived at Ponyville. I jumped off the chariot to great my friends. They were quite happy to see me and me them. But the meeting didn’t last long and soon Celestia had us gathered together on the edge of the forest.

“alright everypony we are about to be a part of a momentus occation. The first humans will be arriving in equestrian soon. We all need to be ready for the best and prepaired for the worst understood.” We all nodded in agreement, well besides fluttershy anyway.

“fair enough then. Lets head out.” She guestured to the forest and we began walking. I noticed early on Fluttershy was lagging behind so I slowed my pace and caught up with her.

“hey Fluttershy, whats wronge?” she held her head down, I could tell she was bugged about this whole thing.

“Cameron, what are humans like?” I raised my eyes a bit. “well I mean…Celestia seems really apprehensive about all this. Are humans dangerous?”

“hmm…im not going to lie. Humans can be well, violent.” That didn’t help Fluttershys case much. “but they are usually very nice. After all I was a human once and im not that bad right.”

“well…no but Celestia said to be prepaired for the worst. What is the worse that could happen.” I remembered my dream. It wouldn’t help us or anypony, or anyone if they all knew what I saw.

“just be cautious ok.” She nodded faintly.

We soon arrived at the spot where I originally arrived. This was the suspected spot because if the humans were going to come here they would need a point of reference and the place where I arrived was likely lit up for them like a airport.

Directly above us was the eye of the storm, it wasn’t at all natural. Purple energy swirled around in a chaotic manner and lightening struck around in the sky. Not only that but beyond it being unnatural it didn’t feel right. Magic felt correct, I had spells cast on me while I was here but this was just out of place. It felt like a halfway mix between both magic and technology, it didn’t fit.

“Cameron, I want to know how are the humans doing this in the first place.” Twilight was yelling at me from close up, trying to get her voice over the wind.

“what do you mean?”

“humans cant use magic, so how are they doing this?”

“I have no idea. If your nice enough to them they may tell you about it a bit but I can tell it has a technological feel to it.”

Just then the winds picked up considerably. Where as before the heavy wind was moving at maybe 30 miles per hour now it had at least doubled. It kept getting stronger too, in a short time the gale had reached hurricane speed and we were, at times, almost flung off the ground.

“everypony come to me!” Celestia called out. We all ran over to her vicinity then she covered us with a magical shield. “is everypony ok?”

“yepity yep yep yep!” Pinky pie jumped in with. There was a calm for a moment but then… “WAIT!” pinky yelled out.

“what is it Pinks?” Rainbow asked. Then Pinky’s tail twitched. From a distance I could hear the sound of a tree falling, it was a big one.

“EVERYPONY SCATTER!” the tree fell with a surprisingly large amount of force on the shield and was able to shatter the spell. The wind was throwing around a lot of junk, including dirt and sticks which made it impossible to see. At least two of them had been thrown away by a sudden gust of wind and the others were struggling to stay upright.

“this is crazy! Were in the eye of the storm shouldn’t it be calm!” Rainbow yelled from some direction.

“its not natural Rainbowdash!” Twilight yelled. “you have to stay on the ground!”

“easy for you to say!” rainbow was already being flung around like a ragdoll. She was trying to get some control but it was no use, and now she was flying right towards a tree, at hurricane speed.

“I gotcha Rainbow!” Applejack tackled her out of the air not ten feet from the tree only to be caut up in the wind herself. She planted her hooves into the ground and managed to slow them down considerably “Tiligh vould mind elping us ou o’er ere.” She said as she help onto Rainbows tail with her teeth.

“I gotcha!” twilight jumped right over to them and created a shield. Granted it wasn’t big but it did stop the wind.

And where was I? I was hanging onto a tree for dear life with Rarity screaming her lungs out the whole time. Fluttershy was lucky though and managed to keep with Celestia who had gotten her shield back. Then the winds just stopped.

Me and Rarity fell to the ground, we were flying a bit from the wind, and Tilight and Celestia dropped their shields. We gathered around the center of the clearing and looked up. The purple energy had coalest into what looked like a portal.

“huh…so then…what now?” Applejack asked.

“I guess we see if we truly have guests or not.” Rarity replied.

Then, in the distant portal I was able to make out some figures. They were far away but I could tell that they were human. I looked over to Celestia.

“I believe you should go and say hello.” I nodded and flew up. It wasn’t very high, maybe 30 meters or so. I was excited to see a human face again, it had been too long.

Then right before I had reached the portal a streak of fire flew out of it. Smoke trailed a oddly shaped device that quickly made a turn and started observing the area. It was a UAV, the ponies bellow me were freaking out. They probably thought they were underattack.

“its ok! It’s a reconnaissance device! It can’t hurt you!” I yelled down. They all eased up a bit, minus Fluttershy who ran into a bush the moment it came through.

I continued flying upwards to the portal, I was almost there when a rope flew out of it. The portal itself was like looking through a thick fog. You could see what was there just not very clearly. One of the figures on the other side had fallen backwards when he, or she probably saw me.

It pulled something from its side and pointed it at me. It was a gun! Right before I panicked and flew away though another figure stopped the one with the gun and slowly walked towards the portal. Then it stuck its head out, he was a human.

“um…hello there. Thanks for stopping him from shooting me.” The man was stunned with silence. “um well anyway. Welcome to Equestria!” I gestured to what was behind me.

“no…way.” His jaw dropped in shock. I nodded slowly. “I have to. Talk to some people. Ill be right back.”

“alright then ill…” he pulled his head back through. “wait here then.” I finished.

Comments ( 1 )

please CONTINUE MY FRIEND,
PLEASE :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment