• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 667 Views, 2 Comments

Strawberries - decembuary

  • ...
 2
 667

Chapter 1

“Hi Pinkie” Twilight Sparkle said “Do you want some more books on cupcakes?”
“Nopey Dopey! Do you have any books on growing strawberries?”
“Strawberries? Why do you want to grow strawberries?” Asked Twilight while crossing over to the ‘S’ section in her library.
“ Well you see, I found this super yummy looking recipe for pavlova in the cook book you lent me, but it needs strawberries but I can’t find them anywhere. So I thought, how else am I going to get strawberries? And then I thought, I could grow some!” Said Pinkie, who was bouncing up and down, clearly excited by the thought of growing strawberries.
“Here it is! I knew it was here somewhere!” Announced Twilight. “Here’s your book”
“Thanks Twilight, I knew you would have a book on strawberries!”
“Well have fun planting them”

------------------------------------------------

Pinkie Pie bounced along the worn dirt track. She’d never been to the garden shop, but she knew the pony who owned it was pretty cool. She’d seen Strawberry at last months Nightmare night party, but never really talked to her.

Pinkie turned left onto another path then turned right into the garden shop. It was a small cottage, a lot like Fluttershy’s. In fact it was exactly the same, the only difference was that instead of animal houses and shelves covered with packets of birdseed, the house had lots of plants everywhere. The walls were hidden by rows of half grown apple trees, ferns hung from a ceiling that had flowering vines stretched across it and a small cabinet filled with little pots of brightly colored flowers. But none of this mattered to Pinkie. She trotted right up to a tiny table in the middle of the room that had packets of seeds sitting on it.
“Can I help you?” Pinkie pie looked up to see Strawberry.

Strawberry had looked very different last time Pinkie saw her. The last time Pinkie had seen Strawberry, she was dressed up as a Ninja. This time she was pretty normal looking. At the Nightmare night party, she had died her hair with black die and was wearing a black outfit that made her look as if she was a black pony. This time though, her black hair had been replaced by green, yellow and red mane and tail. She was a pink pony, the same color as Fluttershy’s mane. Her cutie mark was a green watering can, indicating that she loved growing plants.

“Hi Strawberry!” Pinkie Pie chirped.
“Oh hello Pinkie, I would never expect to find you in a garden shop, I didn’t know you liked gardening!”
“I don’t know if like gardening yet, I haven’t tried it. Do you have any strawberry seeds?”
“Of course I have strawberry seeds! Why wouldn’t I?”
“Yay” said Pinkie Pie “ can I have some?”
“Of course”
“Yippee! Now all I need to is find somewhere to grow my strawberries!” Announced Pinkie while handing 2 bits over to Strawberry.

------------------------------------------------

Back at SugarCube Corner, Pinkie Pie had just finished reading the book Twilight lent her. On the table next to her was an assortment of gardening tools. In the middle of the table was a small pot, full of soil. The pink filly stood up and trotted over to the table. She picked up the packet of seeds and carefully tipped a couple of seeds into the pot. She picked up a bright red watering can and poured water over the place where the tiny seeds were buried.
“Now off to see Twilight again!” Pinkie happily announced to herself.

------------------------------------------------

When she reached the library, only Spike was there.
“Hi Pink, why are you at the library”
“Hi Spike, have you seen Twilight?”
“She’s just down in the basement, I’ll go get her”
Spike ran off. A few minutes later he was back with Twilight.
“Hello again Pinkie” The purple unicorn said when she was Pinkie.
“Hi Twilight! What you up to”
“I’ve been researching poison joke. Ever since our little incident with the stuff, I have been wondering how it works”
“Oooh sounds interesting. Do you think you could spare a minute to cast a spell on my strawberries to make them grow faster?”
“Of course! It’s only a simple plantgrowfaster spell”
“Yay! Thanks Twilight you’re the best!”

------------------------------------------------

“All done!” announced Twilight.
The strawberry plant had indeed grown. It already had a few ripe berries growing on it.
“Have fun making pavlova” Said Twilight, then she teleported out.

------------------------------------------------

A few hours later there wasn’t just a pavlova made. There was fruit salad, berry muffins, strawberry icecream and berry pie. But that wasn’t all, the decorations in the room had changed. Now there were streamers and balloons and party games everywhere. In the middle of the room there was a big banner saying ‘Happy birthday Fluttershy’.

Pinkie pie had sent out invitations to all of her friends except Fluttershy that morning. They were all going to be here any moment. The doorbell rang, then Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight, Spike and Applejack came in. Soon they were all wearing party hats. The doorbell rang again.
“Hello”
It was Fluttershy.
“Strawberry said you were looking for me, she didn’t say why”
As soon as she came in, Pinkie Pie and all of her friends yelled “Surprise!”

After Fluttershy had got over the shock of being surprised, she enjoyed the party. She loved all of the strawberry themed food, especially since strawberries were her favourite food. Everyone at Pinkies party stayed up all night dancing, eating and playing party games. It was a truly brilliant party.

Comments ( 2 )

I found this simple and charming.

It made me happy.

:twilightsmile: I like it. True to the characters, good descriptions of setting, and it isn't yet another grimdark or sad fic.

This needs to be longer. Other then a few infinitesimally small errors, the only thing that this is suffering from is length. I'd love to read more.

Cheers,
Havoc

Login or register to comment