• Published 4th Jul 2017
  • 2,708 Views, 9 Comments

Unknown soldier - Lieral



Bored in the hospital Sunset make a new and short friendship.

  • ...
5
 9
 2,708

Unknown demon.

Author's Note:

This is my second fic, and again I need to say I'm sorry about the mistakes.
Anyway I intend to make some 'one shots' focusing on romance and comedy before make a bigger and serious fics.
Wish you all enjoy the story.
P.S: The state the unknown soldier is, was inspired in the music 'ONE' from Metallica.

Unknown Soldier.

Sunset awake in an almost completely white room... Again.

After one week she was already irritated with this room, her previous wounds from her last 'adventure' were a lot better, but she was getting really bored in this room.

All her friends came to see her all the days, but until there, the day just stays there in an uncomfortable bed, watch TV, a lot of bad movies and wait for the day that she will be free from this.

After another bad movie Sunset gave up, she waited until the nurse left and walk away from her bed, ready to walk out of that door, but In the second she got up she heard voices from outside, and after some seconds her friends and the now principal Cadence walk inside the room.

"Hey, lucky girl! Today was pretty awful on the school, I would give anything to gain 2 weeks off, seriously... Anything!" Rainbow Dash said and gives a loud yawn.

"Well, the next time I face two amazingly powerful monsters I will let you do it alone, ok?" Sunset said somehow already in her bed.

"We know you won't do it. You know why? Maybe because we agreed that WE will help you, and let me remember what happened... Oh I remember... You 'fought against two amazingly powerful monsters' alone just because you're too stubborn to ask for help!" Twilight said looking straight to the girl in the bed that was avoiding eye contact.

".... Sorry again...?" Sunset said.

"Well, we shouldn't talk about it, we should talk about THIS!" Pinkie Pie said and show a great cake. "Happy 'One week in the hospital' to you Sunset!"

"... I'm not sure we should celebrate this..." Applejack said.

"Well... Thanks anyway Pinkie... At least this is definitely better than hospital food!" Sunset takes one piece of the cake that Pinkie offered.

"You're welcome! Now let's eat and talk about your last night's! I ask first: Did you have any nightmare?" Pinkie asked and bite a big piece of the cake.

Sunset is using her full mouth as an excuse, she told everything about the first part of her nightmare, but let a great part of herself.

"That's a fair question... So...?" Rarity asked and walk to close to Fluttershy, and for some reason, the girl blushes hardly.

"No, actually I always have a hard time to dream, in Equestria the princess has a great influence on everypony's dreams, so since I came here I don't have any good dream at all... But still better than has nightmares!" Sunset said and finished her cake.

"... That's horrible! You really can't dream?" This time Cadence was the one that asked.

"I don't know if I can't... I just don't have dreams!" Sunset reply simply.

"That must be awful... But I suppose you can handle it, you're here there's a good time now and you still sane... Point to Sunset Shimmer!" Cadence said.

The talk follow that way, after some time the subject become less serious and Sunset finally relax, it's really good just be there and talk with people she cares, but the time don't stop.

"I'm sorry but the visitation time will be over in five minutes, please say goodbye and let the patient rest." An old nurse entered the room just to say that and walk away.

"And again the old woman destroy our happiness..." Rainbow Dash said. "But I still have practice today, so, until tomorrow Sunset!"

"Thanks, I say the same," Sunset said.

"Well we all should go away, I will let you too, I still have some work to do on the Crystal Prep. Bye Sunset!" Cadence said and waved.

"Well... I will go too, I'm with her and I don't want to be left behind!" Twilight said and gives an awkward hug on Sunset, those two are officially girlfriends now, but they didn't even kiss yet, looks like it's just a title.

"Don't worry about me, and bye to all of you too!" Sunset said while the other girls were going away too.

And again Sunset was left behind only with her thoughts.

"I really should have kissed her when I confessed my feelings... Now I have no courage to do nothing. Hehe, that's actually even funny... None of us gives a step ahead, I'm feeling like we still just friends... And here I am talking alone again... I need a hobby!" Sunset said to herself and looked through the window. It isn't even night yet...

"Well miss Shimmer you seems good for now, I will watch some other patients and probably will be back in one hour, until there just rest!" The old nurse said exactly like she does every day... This is really pissing Sunset off.

"Ok, don't worry about me, I'm fine!" Sunset said and the nurse goes away. "and I will find something else to do!" She lifts from her bed and waited until she couldn't hear steps anymore.

Sunset get out of the room and observe the hallway, to a hospital it is strange, it's empty, well Sunset wasn't complaining it's easier that way.

But most of all, Sunset simply does not want to think again ... She finally realized that she had a guilty complex or something like that... Every time she was alone, she could only think of everything bad she already has done in her life. Man ... this list should not be so big ...

She was passing through the corridor and looking to the doors, nothing caught her attention until she heard the voice of the old nurse in a room.

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't a nurse... I become this because I always was a dreamer child!" The nurse said with a cracked voice, and this takes Sunset in surprise. The nurse was confessing this to a patient... That's something uncommon. "But... See a person like you... And I can't do anything... That's a horrible feeling. Sometimes I wish you could simply die... This would be a lot better! But I can't do anything... And again you're hearing this old woman's complaining about her life! Well, I need to check others patients... At least I wish you can take a good rest." Sunset hide and the old woman go away without even look in Sunset's direction.

Sunset couldn't support her own curiosity... What could make a nurse wish she wouldn't be a nurse? Sunset open silently the door and entered the room.

There are only one bed and a lot of machines.

On top of the bed, there's a huge bed sheet, covering something. Sunset looked to the hospital file, for some reason there's no name, but the infirmity was pretty clear... Explosion victim, arms and legs completely unrecoverable, several amounts of damage on the neck, face, head and cerebral damage making impossible to talk.

"Wow, I'll stop complaining about me!" Sunset looked at the bed, it said facial damage, so naturally, the face was covered by the sheets.

Sunset put her hand in her pocket... She took an orange pendant and looked at the bed... Sunset closed the door, put the pendant around her neck and put a chair close to the bed... His arms and legs were ripped out surgically, so Sunset put her hand on his shoulder.

..........................................................

It was a completely white place, not like her hospital room... Everywhere she looked she could just see white.

Sunset gives one step.

"What? Who's there?" A masculine voice said, echoed from everywhere. "What could be here? Directly in my mind?".

"A demon!" Sunset answered without think... Geez, she needs to do something about this guilty complex... That's becoming ridiculous.

"A demon? Hahaha... Well sir Demon, what brings you here? If you want to possess me I need to tell you, you cannot do anything in my body right now... Actually probably never, considering this stupid suffering!" The voice said with humor.

"No, I just want to talk actually!"

"Wow, what a surprise... A gentleman demon!"

Where did I hear this before?

"Don't misunderstand... It's my pleasure know my victims before I do anything... Actually, it's just me, the others demons I know where a bit different!" Sunset said in the middle of a giggle.

"Well, I'm a lucky guy, but let me correct myself... What brings you here 'lady' demon? Wants my soul and heart? I'm sorry but you can't have neither one too!" The man said sarcastically.

"Well, I'll try anyway! What's your name mister 'heart already taken'?" Now it's Sunset that answered sarcastically.

"You don't tell me your name, so neither do I!" The man said with his characteristic humored voice.

"Sounds fair to me, mister unknown! Why you're here?" Sunset asked even if she already knows the answer.

The man laughed without much humor.

"And now I'm talking with a demon in my mind, hahaha... It's the pit bottom... I don't know even if you do exist or if you're just the crazy part of my brain, why I should answer you?" He said.

"I can tell you this, you're not crazy, at the same time I'm here I'm also in the real world, your body is in a hospital bed right now! Need any more proof?" Sunset crossed her arms and asked.

"Not exactly, but if you know my actual state you should know why I'm here won't you think?"

"I know your state, not how you end like that! Besides... I'm bored, maybe you can free me from my boredom!" Sunset said now with confidence.

"Hehehe... And even after all I still just a tool to others peoples sake aren't I?" The man asked now with a more serious voice.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Sunset asked.

"The reason why I'm in that state is that I'm a soldier... My life was just used to fight in the war... And now that I'm in this pathetic state... A 'lady' demon wants me just to free her from boredom... I think I may be a horrible person in some other life, because... This is not live... I can't say this is even 'survive... This is my earthly hell!" The man answered now with an obvious rage in his voice.

"Now calm down, we don't need to talk about it, mister unknown soldier! Let's just talk about others thing's, for sample... What did you mean when you said you heart where already taken?" Sunset asked to change the subject and calm the man.

"Hehe... I like it... Unknown soldier... Sounds perfect to me... Someone that fought and died in vain... Someone like me... I actually liked that name!"

"Well... That's not my original intention but... Glad you liked it!" Sunset said and sit on the white ground.

"I don't think we need to be so polite to each other... What may I call you?"

"I also like that thing of 'miss demon' let's continue like that!"

"Well, 'miss demon'... Answering your question I'm an engaged man... That's why I said that. Because doesn't matter what you do, all my heart belongs to her!"

"Wow... So much confidence in your wife... And here I am trying to gain my first kiss... Well, the first I really want... You won this round unknown soldier!"

"Wow... The miss demon don't even kiss? I'm better than I thought!" The man said and laugh hard.

"... Ok... You won this round too, but I still on the game. Did you have a son or something like that?"

"Did a dog count? Kidding, hehe... My wife was pregnant when... This... Happened! She should be around nine months right now."

"Understood... And, what exactly is 'this'? A hand grenade?" Sunset asked about his condition cautiously.

"Actually yes... Someone attacked my group with a grenade... I take the grenade off the ground and tried to send it back... But then... I understand, there's no time... It will kill all of us... So I... I... I jump on the ground... At least... I think I finally was... Really capable to protect what I cared..." The man said, his voice really was sad, but also really confident. He doesn't regret it.

"..." Sunset was thinking in his words... "But, isn't this price too expensive? I mean... If you have died I think you wouldn't have to endure all this! Don't you regret it?" She asked.

He went in silence for almost a minute.

"... Hey. Miss demon, did you know what is really important to a human?" The man asked, his voice unnaturally serious.

"I think that every human has something important, so this definition isn't solid!"

"How long did you live, miss demon? I would say you have around 16 or 18 years, am I correct?" He asked.

"You're pretty good, but I think my age is somehow... Inconstant!" That's not a lie, there are some differences on each side of the mirror.

"I think you should think about it a little... Let's talk about it on another occasion."

"Sure, I really think it's my time to go... I'll be back tomorrow!" Sunset said and lift up from the ground.

"Wow, you'll really come back here? Like this place?"

"Well... You're an air head, but it's fun talk with you, I'll give you the honor to know me better!" Ok... Now I'm Rainbow Dash...

"Hahaha, ok... It was a good talk miss demon... The next time let's talk about your... Romantic problems, maybe I can give some tips!" The man said with a laugh and Sunset finally go away from his mind.

..........................................................

Sunset open her eyes in the same place she was, in a chair, in another patient's room, she put the chair where she was and quietly goes back to her room.

She was in her bed for almost five minutes and the old nurse came back to check her state.

"I'm back, miss Shimmer." The nurse said and does exactly like every day, the same questions, exam's and when she was going out.

"Hey," Sunset called. "Did you take care of everybody on this floor?"

"Actually, yes, why you ask?"

"Nothing special. But... It seems like a lot of work! Are you alright? Maybe sometimes if you want, we can talk a bit! Maybe just to complaining about the life or the job y'know... For sample... Why did you become a nurse?" Sunset asked, she heard this nurse when she was going out of the soldier's room, and she was worried, maybe some talk can sheer the nurse up.

"Why this all of sudden?" She asked confused.

"Well..." Think Sunset, think. "Actually I finally realized that you take care of me there's a week now, and we never talked about anything... So I decided to begin a conversation!"

"Well... That's true, I usually take care of some cases that aren't as serious as yours, so I never talk about it with anyone... Well... Maybe one! But I always think about becoming someone that can help the others... Those were the dreams of a child, but it just... Seems right to me! Can you understand that? Or I'm just talking nonsenses?" The nurse said and seems pretty happy to talk about it.

"Cool. I have no idea of what I will do actually!" Sunset said honestly and the nurse sits on her bed.

"Well, when you're a child did you dream of becoming something? That's always a good start!"

"Actually... I have a dream before... But like you said it was just a children's dream..." Sunset said with her head low.

"Well, why you don't tell me? Like you said we know each other there's a week now and I also know nothing about you! Even a children's dream can become true... Even if sometimes not like we expected!" The nurse said with a gentle smile.

"I... I always, y'know... Want to be a powerful princess." Sunset said and blush furiously.

"A powerful princess... That's the first time I've heard that choice of words... Sometimes I heard a beautiful or a gentle princess, but powerful is new... Not bad at all! But I think that a good person like you should be an amazing princess, I've seen your friends, even after years and years here I hardly saw something like that." The nurse said gently.

'A good person'?

"If I said... That I was a horrible person... Actually... A person capable to manipulate and destroy peoples feelings just to gain what I wanted? And once... Almost killed the people that now... Are the most important thing to me now?" Sunset asked she doesn't care about any guilty complex, she just wanted that her past disappears.

"I think you said exactly what is important... It was in the past, and now you regret it, I don't know what you've done, but after years here I can say: The regret is a horrible feeling, and you feel it, doesn't matter if your friends already forgive you, I know you won't stop feeling it. But take my advice miss Shimmer, this regret will be with you until the day you die if you let it... you'll suffer because of it and... In the end... You cannot change the past, you need to live, use that to learn and never do anything like that again, and mainly... Live well, if not for you, for your friends that care about you!" The nurse lifts from the bed and walked away.

"Sunset!"

"What?" The nurse asked.

And with a great smile, Sunset said: "Call me Sunset!"

..........................................................

Sunset awake really early this time, when she looked around she saw nothing new... Again.

"Sweet Celestia, this is really boring!" Sunset said.

"Wow, I don't know you used to talk like that, I'm flattered!" Celestia said while entering the room with her sister.

"What? What you two are doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?" Sunset said while blushing because of the last comment.

"We can take a break time or other. I just came to see one of my best students, some problem?" Celestia said with a smile.

"Best students? Since when?" Sunset asked.

"Well, talking about grades since the first day you've come. Even when you were mean, your grades were always on top." Luna answered and put her sister in the chair by force.

"Hey! I can sit by myself!" Celestia said with a giggle.

"Yes you can, but you won't sit to let ME sit, and you will be even sicker than now!" Luna said.

"Maaaybe?" Celestia said avoiding eye contact.

"You're always like that, trying to let everyone happy even if you won't... You should think more of yourself or you will end like... Like... Um..."

"Like me!" Sunset said with a giggle.

"Sure... Good point. Anyway, we just came to see you, feeling better? The only news we have about you was the ones that those girls bring to us." Luna said.

"Yes, I'm really better. Actually, the doctor thinks I am some kind of aberration, I am recovering WAY faster than I should. I can go out in six days from now." Sunset said, she was already sit on the bed sometime now.

"We also agreed in give you another week off after you receive high. For a better recovery." Luna said.

"We do? Oh! Of course, we do! The teachers already know about your conditions and you can take care of everything later!" Celestia said. "Luna, I'm going to drink some water and buy something for the three of us to eat okay? Sunset did you want something?"

"I won't refuse a pizza! Oh! But please without any meat... My body really isn't compatible with meat!" Sunset said and Celestia go away.

"She's always like that," Luna said with a heavy sight "She never thinkabout herself... After the last's events it was getting worse. She tries to carry the burden alone. When I tried to help she always say she's fine, but I'm her sister, I know when she's lying, that's why I've taking initiatives in a lot of things... Maybe this can help... I just wished I could help her, even if she don't know. Even if there's a high price with it."

"You're a great sister! What thing's you're doing to help her? You should take care of yourself too, or the situation will be the same, the only change will be the roles in the drama." Sunset said to her vice-principal.

"Don't worry with that," Luna said with a giggle "anyway did you has any nightmare last days?"

"How did you know about it?" Sunset asked.

"You told me remember? In my office just a few seconds before the Princess Twilight appeared and carried you away!"

"Oh, that's right. I actually forgot it." Sunset make a serious face now. "Hey, Luna..."

"What?"

"You talked about Celestia and I remember something... What did you think that is the most important thing to a human?"

"Honestly?"

"Yes, please!" Sunset said.

"Considering your question... I think... The most important thing to a human... Is something to protect!"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Something or someone, it doesn't really matter, what is precious, to most people that means I'm asking about something material, but not. A person can fight against the world, just to protect what really matters, for some it means his pride or integrity, to others that means protect his family, or to others it's just about protect a single person. But one thing there's no doubt... To protect what is important, a person has no fear to dirty his hand or even paint her with blood. That's what I think it's really important." Luna said honestly.

Sunset's mouth wide open.

"I will search for you the next time I has a homework about an inspiring person!" Sunset said, and Luna laugh hard with it.

"I don't think like that. Answer me Sunset. Why did you keep fighting everyday in those nightmares of yours?" Luna asked while crossing her arms.

"Well... I think I wanted to survive?" Sunset said but don't really trust in her own words.

"Really? I don't think so! I remember pretty well what you've said to me, and I could tell, the thing you most fear isn't the fear of the death is it?" Luna get closer to Sunset looked in her eyes and put a hand in her shoulders. "What you really fear is become evil, become that monster you've become, and mainly you fear that somehow you will kill the ones you care about! That's what I mean, you suffer alone for months just to protect them from danger, THIS means you has something to protect!"

"Definitely I'll make my homework about you!" Sunset said.

"Well, you don't need to wait too much, today that's exactly the homework your friends need to do!" And both of them laugh really high.

"Well, looks like I missed something!" Celestia was back with some snacks.

"Nothing really important, we're just talking about homework!" Luna said.

"I think that not even Twilight would laugh like that from homework but looks like I was wrong!" Celestia sit in the chair and the three of them just enjoy the rest of the day.

..........................................................

After the class.

"Hey, Sunset you don't guess what is our homework... C'mon, why I need to write about a inspiring person? Seriously... I will never do it!" Rainbow Dash said while entering in the hospital room but stopped when she saw Celestia and Luna.

"You really won!" Celestia said to Sunset and give to the young girl five dollars.

"What?" Rainbow asked.

"We all gamble about your homework! Celestia said you will do about some rock band, I said you will do about yourself and Sunset said you won't even do your homework... And looks like she won... Goodbye, my five dollars!" Luna said and give the money to Sunset too with a sigh.

"We can gamble with the students? I think I'm in the wrong school!" Cadence said and walk inside the room with the others.

"Well, this is kinda our day off. We just agreed in coming here and relax." Celestia said to the pink woman.

"So, we spend our entire day studying in a school, and the Principal wasn't even in the school?" Rainbow asked and looks really bad because of this fact.

"We won't let yah do anything bad anyway! So there's no difference." Applejack said while putting a hand on Rainbow's shoulder.

"Is good to know that our presence in the school has so much effect in you and on the students!" Luna said with a smile.

"Anyway, how you're going darling? Has a good day?" Rarity asked.

"Yes! Most of my days are really boring... But has company is really different. Actually, we has a lot of funny talks and even some games and as you know a gamble or two!" Sunset said with a bright smile.

"It's really good to hear it! Most of the students hate to be close with their Principals'. We also has a pretty good day, right Luna?" Celestia said with a smile and Luna nodded to her sister's words.

"Look's like a really good day, I would like to be here!" Fluttershy said with one of her rare attempts to enter in the conversation.

"How long you've been here?" Twilight asked to Celestia and Luna.

"Actually I think we've been here enough, it's time to go sister." Luna said and Celestia nodded sadly.

"You're right. Well, Sunset, today was a really good day, but we're going now! I wish you the best recovery!" Celestia said and stand up.

"I'll drive!" Luna said and take the car's key from her sister's pocket.

"What? Why?" Celestia said and tried to take the key back.

"Because I'm the only one here that sleep last night!" Celestia tried to find a answer but she couldn't. "Good! Now goodbye Sunset, we're going!" Luna said and go away with the older sister following her steps.

"Why she didn't sleep last night?" Twilight asked.

"She'd've been really busy last months... Well, I can understand! Did you remember camp everfree? What if a student has been wounded? She's trying to make everything better in the school, but is really hard when every month has a different magic causing chaos!" Sunset explain and watched all her friends sitting on chairs and in her bed.

"Good point!" Applejack said and gives a apple to Sunset. "Here. I take this one today!".

"Oh thanks!" Sunset bite the apple "But what's really bad is that she never ask for help, Luna is really sad with it and she is doing even more than Celestia to help her, I'm starting to be really worried!".

"Where did I hear this thing before? Y'know? That thing of never ask for help?" Twilight said with a fixed eye.

"I don't know? Where?" Sunset asked with a genuinely confused face.

"Tell me that she doesn't said that!" Rarity said.

"No, I'm pretty sure she does!" Applejack said with a ferocious stare, and all the surround girls put equally scary stares to Sunset.

"It's colder here or it's just my imagination?" Sunset asked with cold sweat running through her face

"Hello, Sunset. Here's your medicine!" The old nurse said while entering in the room.

"Maria! You has no idea how good is to see your face!" Sunset said as fast as she could.

"Well, it's good to see you too. But how do you know my name?" She asked now in doubt.

"I have no idea, it just appeared in my mind, so how you've been?" Sunset asked fast and desperately.

"I'm fine. But you will drink those medicines, and I will go away from your scary friends. Bye and good luck!" Maria let the medicines and go away as fast as she could.

"Congratulations! You scares my nurse! Happy now?"

The fierce stares continue.

"I should stop talking now right?" Sunset said and bow her head.

"Yes, you should!"

The group started to talk again and the rest of the day was as good as always was with them.

"I'm sorry, but the visitation time will be over in ten minutes!" A different nurse come to say.

"This would be really better if we has more time. But the school always is so hard!" Fluttershy said timidly.

"Well, there's nothing we can do. We just need to enjoy the time we has!" Sunset said.

"And the sage spoke!" Pinkie Pie said with a joke tone.

"Hahaha. Very funny!" Sunset answered.

Rarity and Cadence looked at each other and nodded.

"We will go first. Right girls?" Rarity said and take most of the girls to the door.

"Yes, see you tomorrow Sunset. Oh almost forgot! Tomorrow I will talk with you for one of that favors we talked about!" Cadence said and take the rest of the girls away.

"They're sooo discreet!" Sunset said.

"Sure... I'm not a expert in friendship, but this is way too obvious!" Twilight smile.

"Hey! Say it again! Y'know, that part you said you're not a expert!" Sunset jokes.

"Hahaha, very funny! You know that this whole friendship thing is way harder than physics and chemistry!" Twilight said and cross her arms.

"Say that to my grades!"

"They will agreed with me, your grades are always on top!"

"Right... Oh, I know! Say that to Rainbow's grades!"

"You just repeat yourself, just changed your name for Rainbow's!"

"Still works! Anyway, and about you Twi? How you're going? We always talk so much about me or school but never about you!" Sunset said.

"And is it important?"

"Of course!"

"Well, I'm fine... The school is a bit easier than Crystal Prep. But the people there is thousands of times better and is always fun with the girls. But is a bit lonesome without my girlfriend there!" Twilight said looking to Sunset, and Sunset blushed hardly to Twilight's comment.

"Gotcha!" Twilight said and give a tap in Sunset's nose with a finger. "Now I know why you do this, it's pretty cute see your reactions!"

"Twilight Sparkle, are you flirting with me?" Sunset said and Twilight blush harder than Sunset. "Gotcha!" Sunset said and gives a small pat with a finger in Twilight's nose.

"Ok, now we're ok?"

"Of course. We weren't mad at each other... Wait, are you mad at me?"

"No, I'm not," Twilight said with a giggle. "But I was right when I said this whole thing is hard!"

"Yeah, I think you're right. Oh, now I remember, you never told what you've done to know a 'doctor that don't make questions', I'm curious." Sunset asked, her smile was imploring to Twilight to tell the story.

"Weeeeell... It was... Kinda... EMP device!" Twilight said avoiding eye contact.

"Wait... You've made a EMP bomb by yourself?" Sunset said with her mouth wide open looking to Twilight, and the girl nodded with a heavy blush. "That's soo awesome!"

"Really? That's all you will say about it?"

"No, you need to teach me this!"

"SUNSET, that's not even legal!"

"I know! But you has no idea how awesome is this!"

"You say that because isn't you that run away from drug dealers!" Twilight said blushing.

"OH PLEASE TWILIGHT, YOU NEED TO TELL ME THAT STORY!" Sunset said excitedly.

"I'm sorry but the visitation time is over, please say goodbye to the patient and come back tomorrow!" A nurse said to the girls.

"WHAT? No! You can't go now! You will tell me that story!" Sunset said sadly.

"There's nothing we can do! Well, I'm leaving... Good night Sunset, see you tomorrow!" Twilight said while giving a hug to Sunset and the girl hugged back, she don't want to stop, she wanted to stay like that forever, but Twilight was the first to stop the hug, she was already on the door when she stopped.

"What?" Sunset asked, Twilight goes to the bed, gives a quick kiss in Sunset's cheek and go away blushing furiously.

Sunset touched her cheek with a hand and just after some seconds her brain understand the situation, making the girl blush furiously.

"Ah... And I don't kissed her again," Sunset finally realized that a great opportunity was lost. "C'mon... I should be smart... Why this is so hard?" She said and fall on the bed.

..........................................................

It was a completely white place again.

Sunset gives a step and talked to the nothingness.

"Hey air head, I'm back!"

And the nothingness answer.

"Wow, you really came back miss demon? Why? Outside is really that boring?" He said with his joke tone as always.

"Of course I'm back. You won't be free from me so easily!"

"Lucky, a demon with relationship problems is talking with me, I can't wish anything else!" He said with sarcasm.

"Oh, you're welcome!" She said happily, and become even more happy when there's no sarcastically answer. "And point to me! We're tied now!"

"What? We are 2x1! We're not tied!"

"Yes we are, you still don't answer the whole 'air head' thing!"

"I'll let it pass, but just because I know I'll win anyway! The heavens will be waiting for the arrival of my won!"

"When you're up there, use that opportunity to try to make your ego a bit more shiny, I think they can't see it in the China!"

... Silence...

"And point to me again!" Sunset said and finally sit on the ground.

"Ok but the night is a child! I have time to play with you yet!"

"I'm waiting!" Sunset said smiling.

"Ok, so it's my turn... Oh, I know! What happened to you? Did you already had your first kiss miss demon?"

"Do you always bring a gun to a knife fight?"

"Oh, I hit the spot! So what happened?"

"Actually nothing yet... We were on my room but I think I lost a good opportunity... Just before she go home she come to me and kissed my cheek... I think she wants me to give the first step! But I never has a real relationship before, just once with Flash but I don't really liked him like that!"

"And now you don't know what to do. You're too nervous to give the step she wants and that's making you crazy!"

"Basically yes... I'm just so stupid... She wants it! Why is this so hard?"

"Did you want it?"

"More than anything... But it's so hard... And about you? When you first kiss your wife?" Sunset asked the man to find something useful to her.

"It was on our first date... After some... Disastrous events... I finally kissed her! Well... I was going to kiss her cheek but she turned to me and I kissed her lips." He said with nostalgia in his voice.

"Um, got it... That would be pretty good if it happens to me, but I don't think will be that easy!"

"What a shame! My heart is broken for you!" He said with sarcasm.

"Hahaha, very funny... What 'Disastrous events' you were talking about?" Sunset asked.

"Weeeeell... Some falls on the ground, bad singers, drunk guys and a nun bite me... That was a strange day!"

"..." Sunset's face was priceless... "What have you done?"

"Leeets not talk about it!"

"......"

"Anyway... What about you? Some cases that you're not proud of yourself?" He said to change the subject.

"Did become a enraged she-demon and try to kill every one of my friends, brainwash a lot of teenagers and try to conquer two worlds count?" She said.

"..... Now I would like an explanation! Y'know... To that 'Two worlds' thing." He said.

"Well none of us gain the explanation we want, soooo... Nah, I'm not gonna tell you!"

"Sure, fair enough... Oh, now let's change to a more serious subject! Did you thought about what I said before?"

"Actually yes... I also asked to a person and I think she is right. I think that what is really important is: Has something to protect!" She said, her voice part calm and part proud.

"Well, looks like we agreed in something miss demon!"

"But I still have a question... Did you regret it?"

Silence.

"No... I don't!" He said, his voice abnormally serious.

"Didn't you have a child coming, or a wife?"

"And about my friends?"

"Huh? I don't get it!"

"Didn't my friends had children too? Or a family? Ten men or just one... That's not a hard choice!" He said.

"Ok... Point to you this time air head!"

"Sure, I'm a winding head, but and about you? What's your name? If you tell me I'll give your name to the Ivory Tower!"

Mental note: Search what is the Ivory tower! "Hahaha, I'm not gonna give my name so easily!"

"Oh no! My evil plan failed!" He said sarcastically.

"C'mon, none of us can't be serious for too long can we?" She said with a smile.

"And why is the sky blue?" He asked dramatically

"Oh, I know that! The sunlight is made of various different colors, and the atmosphere of the earth act as a prism, shattering those colors and thanks to the the fact that the blue is the most present color, the sky become blue thanks to the refraction of the light in the atmosphere! And this helps in the sunset too, it become red because between all the colors the red is the one that goes the greatest distances!"

Silence.

"... Ok... Point to you!" He said.

..........................................................

The rest of the day was pretty calm, and Sunset was happy, her day was actually pretty good, she almost can't wait until morning, but she was already falling asleep, but she was thinking in ask to one of her friends to bring her computer, but her notebook was in her old house, and she won't ask that to her friends, in the end, she just fell asleep thinking that would be really good to listen a music now.

..........................................................

She doesn't remember this place, it's all black.

"Oh C'mon! I don't need any more nightmares, it's too hard to let someone have a completely good day?" Sunset asked to the nothingness.

And in front of Sunset a form appeared, it was a woman, completely dressed in white, a hair and eyes with the iridescent colors of the rainbow.

"YOU! I DON'T..." Sunset screamed but the woman put a finger in her own lips to quiet Sunset.

And suddenly Sunset was in a place somehow familiar, she looked around and she saw what she already saw in others nightmares.

The war. She looked around and just saw blood, corpses, despair, and screams of terror. And a particular person caught her attention, a tall man, it's impossible to see his face, but his skin has a beautiful pale blue tone.

Sunset don't need any more tips, she already know who's that man. The unknown soldier was already bleeding, his shoulder was hit by a bullet, and behind, him, there are also at least nine others men. She was already waiting for what will eventually happen.

A hand grenade was send to his side. But Sunset wasn't expecting what happened, the unknown soldier take the grenade and send her away... But he said that there's no time... But she understand, a grenade fall in his feet, he surely think that it was his fault, maybe he make a mistake and the grenade somehow get back to him and the man take the grenade and jump away from his friends.

Suddenly Sunset fell fear, she was really close to him, and if somehow she was close to the explosion and she was burned again? She doesn't want to feel it again.

The woman snaped her fingers and the world become black again right before the explosion.

Now she was really furious, she saw what the unknown soldier don't... He really send the grenade away... There were two grenades... One of them sent purposely by one of the men he was protecting.

By one of his friends!

.........................................................

Sunset was awake now, the day will be really hard to support with the last events in her head.

"Oh, already awake Sunset?" Maria said entering in the room.

"Oh, yes... I has a bad dream, so I'm awake there's some time now,"

"Sorry to hear it, are you feeling at least a bit better? Or think that there's something wrong?"

"Yes, I'm better, but I think I'm forgetting something... What could it be?" Sunset said with a finger in her forehead.

"I don't know, but here are the morning medicines!" She said and gives a lot of painkillers to Sunset.

"HEY, I remember now! You run away and left me behind to be eat by the wolves!" Sunset said referring to her friends.

She looked to where Maria was... It was empty...

"Ok... She's fast!" Sunset said to herself impressed.

The day was pretty slow, but in the lunch time, she had a surprise.

"Hello! May I in?" Cadence said with just her head inside the room.

"Sure, come in!" Sunset said fast.

"First, good morning. Did you sleep well?" Cadence sit in the chair and asked to Sunset.

"Yes, I do!" Sunset said with a smile.

"Sunset," Cadence sigh "There's one thing I'm proud of myself! I can know a person really well after just a few time with this person... And I can say, you lied to me right now! But I need to say, your fake smile is the best I've seen, you almost tricked me!"

"Well, what did you want? I thought you will come with the girls!" Sunset said with a smile.

"You won't even try to make a reply? Will simply change the subject?" Cadence asked surprised.

"Yeap!"

"Ok... I'll let it pass, actually I've come here to talk with you alone,"

Shit, now I'm scared.

"Did you remember that you agree to do some 'favors' to me?"

Ok... Now I'm really scared...

"Well, I want one of them now!"

Oh, sweet Celestia, I've made a pact with a demon and I didn't know!

"Sure... If I can do it in the hospital I'm in!" Sunset said.

"Well... Let's began slowly... How much did you know Twilight?" Cadence asked without her usual smile.

"What do you mean? We know each other there's some time now! Actually... Since the friendship games. Why did you ask?" Sunset asked confused.

"That's not what I'm talking about... Well... You know that Twilight is a very good girl, and I know her there's a long time now,"

Sunset nodded.

"And I am... Kinda... Dating her older brother, and she doesn't know about it yet too..."

"And?"

"He also doesn't know about you and her cute little sister..."

"Oh, crap... I'm not liking where this is going!" Sunset said sweating.

"Don't worry, the problem is: I spend a lot of time with her brother, and that means I can by accident talk something and we will be in a delicate situation,"

Sunset nodded again.

"And here's the thing... I want to know what you want with Twilight!"

"WHAT? What do you mean?" Sunset said blushing.

"I mean, Twilight is a great and smart girl, but this is the first time she fells what she felt about you... And not just Shining Armor, I also am a bit overprotective... I want to know that you won't hurt that girls feelings!" Cadence said with a serious face, actually to a woman know as ' Princess of love' in two different worlds she can be pretty scary.

"You think I'm not as serious as she is, or that what I felt is just passenger... But I can say this, that's the first time I felt like this as well! I don't want to leave her... All I want... I want to make Twilight happy! Because I love her smile, I love everything about her, and if this will make she happy... I won't mind even leave her alone!" Sunset said confidently, but she was blushing anyway.

"What do you mean with this last part?" Cadence asked asked surprised.

"I mean that if somehow the best thing to Twilight, be it for her security, for her wish or for her smile, I don't care if I need to go away and continue with my feelings alone! If it's for her... I don't care about my security or what will happen with me!" Sunset said looking to Cadence's eyes, every word a truth, she felt like Cadence was somehow testing her, and she was completely honest.

Cadence was just looking to Sunset, surprised with that answer, she basically said that all her life belongs to Twilight and even if she was blushing furiously she won't even looked away.

"Like I said," Cadence smiled "I'm proud of my talent to know a person... And I can say that you aren't lying..." Cadence now make a serious face. "But now answer me... And about your friends?"

Sunset's face become pale.

"W... What do you mean?"

"For sample... It was all of you seven, but you need to sacrifice one of you to the rest live... What will you do?"

"I would die!" Sunset said without hesitation.

"What? You won't even think about it?" Cadence asked surprised.

"There's not what to think! If there's no option," Sunset felt a bit strange, a familiar glow in her body appeared, together with equine ears and a ponytail. "If I need to sacrifice one of us this one will be me, I won't let anything bad happen with anyone, and I know that they can be fine without me too! That's why this question don't needed even to be think... My answer will never change!"

Cadence's eyes were wide open, a surprised expression was on her face, but soon she faded in a warm smile.

"That's a wonderful answer Sunset, I'm really calm now, because this is the first time I've saw that! All that you've said... I trust in your words... And now we're back to my favor!"

Sunset's pony form vanished away the girl gulped.

"Please.. Make my Twilight happy!" Cadence said with a bright smile.

"Yes... I promise!" Sunset said with her own smile.

..........................................................

The girls come earlier today, and much to Sunset's surprise, they're carrying a familiar equipment.

"Hey, that's my computer! But he was still in my old house! How did you..." Sunset asked surprised but was interrupted by Pinkie.

"Of course we take it from your old... House, c'mon that should be obvious!" Pinkie said with her everyday smile.

"Yes, but I thought you don't like that place!"

"Yes, we don't like it!" Fluttershy said with a voice abnormally serious and not timidly, and this brings bad memories... Really bad memories.

"What Fluttershy want to say is, yes we don't like that place but this won't stop us from going there for you!" Rarity said fast to make the room a calm place again.

"Ok... But how did you know I wanted it? I don't asked for it!" Sunset asked confused but she smile at the end. "Well, I'm happy anyway, thanks girls!"

"Well, it's not a surprise that the hospital is boring," Applejack said.

"And we know that this would help to save you from the boredom in those last's days!" Rainbow Dash complete her friend's talk.

"And it was Fluttershy's idea!" Pinkie said.

"Really?" Sunset asked and looked to the girl that just blushed and hide behind Rarity.

"When she give us the idea the classroom become a little... Tense... I must admit, but it was a good idea so we agreed!" Twilight said.

"I'm sorry!" Fluttershy said to nobody's surprise.

"C'mon, Fluttershy it is all on the past, we will just follow with the life and pretend that nothing happened!" Sunset said with a smile.

"So... You're not mad at me?" Fluttershy asked timidly.

"Not even a little... Honestly, I needed that... But... Now that I think about it... How did you guys discover where I lived?" Sunset asked now curious.

Silence...

"Okay... When all of you make that face is not a good sign..." Sunset said while looking to the suddenly quiets guests.

"Well... You see... It just... You know... Ummm? What did you ask?" Rarity said.

"I asked..." But Sunset couldn't finish her phrase because of Pinkie.

"WHO WANT PIZZA?" She screamed with three pizza's boxes in her arms.

Twilight's eyes wide open.

"But how... Did you make it appear... There's nothing here one second ago... Y'know, let's just forget it and eat!" Twilight gave up.

"Sure..." Sunset agreed not completely convinced.

"Well, anyway, and you darling? something interesting happened today?" Rarity asked.

"Not really... Cadence came here and we talked for some time... But nothing really interesting," Sunset said and eat a piece of pizza.

"Wait, Cadence said she can't come here today because she's busy... But she don't mention that she already came here... What did she talk about?" Twilight asked, and adjust her glasses.

"Umm... You see..." Sunset said, she thought that maybe she could tell the truth, but it's harder with the others watching. "Nothing really important, the same as always!"

"If you say so! And you? What plans did you has, y'know, when you get out of this boring place?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Actually, I has no plans yet." Sunset said, and at the same time Twilight's face become really disappointed, and Sunset noticed. "But this can change." Twilight's face gets a lot better when she hears it.

"If you want to just spend time when you're here I can show you a good game, you can play it on the computer!" Twilight offered.

"And who will show YOU a good game?" Rainbow said in the middle of giggles.

"Hey! I can like good games!"

"Outside chess sugarcube!" Applejack said.

"I still can like it!" Twilight said, her checks puffed and red.

"Ok let Twilight show me the game before anything, okay?" Sunset said between her own giggles.

"You're gonna love it," Twilight said excitedly while sitting on the bed. "If you want I can download it now!"

"Sure, why not?" Sunset said, she doesn't even care about the game anymore, just Twilight's reaction was enough.

"Well darling, please do it later, now we has something more important to talk!" Rarity said.

"Really? What's so important?" Sunset asked.

"Well, obviously we won't let you get out of this hospital without some kind of celebration!" Rarity said and suddenly Pinkie's eyes shiny.

"Leave. This. To. Me." She said really serious and exit the hospital room walking, all the girls stand in silence.

"Okay. Now I'm afraid!" Sunset said and the laughs fill the room, they just stopped when they hear a new voice.

"Looks like I missed something!" A masculine voice spoke.

"SHINING," Twilight said surprised but with a great smile. "What you're doing here?"

Sunset froze, and most of the girls turn their heads to Sunset and has a mischievous grin on their faces, except Fluttershy and Twilight.

"Cadence asked me to take you home after the hospital. And I thought it's a good idea finally meet your friends." Shining Armor said, he was wearing a cop uniform, and have a smile that could compete with his name.

"Good idea, well those are Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy and Sunset Shimmer," Twilight said pointing to each one of her friends. "There's Pinkie Pie too, but she goes out just a few before you came in."

"Good to meet you all! And you're... Sunset Shimmer right? I don't know how you end like that, but I suppose it was another... Magic incident?" Shining asked without bad intentions, but Sunset was already sweating.

"Y-yes, you can say that, you're a cop I see, you're gonna work after here?" Sunset said fast, and her friends were looking from Sunset to Shining like it was a great tennis match.

"Yes, I'll take Twilight home and go straight from there... Hmmm... Shimmer... You're sweating a lot, are you ok?" Shining armor asked, his face was really worried.

"S-s-sure, why I won't be okay? It's hot here isn't it?" Sunset asked, she was staring at Shining Armor intensely with a nervous smile, and her friends heads don't stop.

"If you say so... You looks nervous, did has a problem with my uniform?" He asked looking to his uniform, looking for something wrong.

"No problem at all, and Cadence? Everything okay?" Sunset asked.

"Didn't you saw her today?" Rainbow Dash asked, her mischievous grin don't disappear even during one second.

"Yes, but it seems so long ago!" Sunset said and looked to Twilight's face, but Twilight seems just confused by Sunset's reaction.

"She's fine, she just call me a while ago... Seeing you acting like that with a cop makes me wander if you've done something wrong! I would like to see you meeting your boyfriend's parents, that would be fun!"

Five heads turn to Sunset, Twilight finally understand the situation and both Applejack and Rainbow Dash were using all their strength to hold their laughter, Rarity and Fluttershy has understanding looks in their faces.

"Wait... How Cadence called you? Did she have your number?" Twilight asked and Shining's face pale.

"Humm... She took my number... When she brought you home and we thought that it was a good idea to communicate with her somehow! Y'know, now you're not in Crystal prep. And she wanted to has news about you!" Shining said proud of his own lie.

"She could just ask me." Twilight said.

"You know the adults Twilight, maybe you skip the call and she will be worried, he's just a second plan!" Sunset said, now working with Shining, and he looked at her relieved.

"Hmm... If you say so... Well shall we go?" Twilight said just to take Shining away.

"Sure, let's go. Goodbye, you all." He waved to the girls and walk away with Twilight.

All girls were waving back, and soon after they go away they turned to Sunset.

"Good job Sunset, but maybe next time you can be juuussst a bit more nervous!" Rainbow Dash finally laugh.

"Yeah sugarcube, maybe next time yah can say something without sweat a river." Applejack join the laughter, and when Sunset started blushing she suddenly felt a friendly hand in her shoulder, when she looked above she saw Fluttershy giving a encouraging smile and Rarity sit at her side and put a hand on her lap.

"Well darling... This could be better, but it wasn't the worst I've saw! And more, he don't know about you and Twilight, so for him you're just a nervous friend. You need to look at the good side!" Rarity said.

"What good side?" Sunset asked ignoring the laughter behind her.

"At least he don't see you as bad! Your first impression was neutral. It's a lot better than bad won't you think?"

Sunset sigh heavily.

"Thanks you two... AND YOU TWO SCREW YOURSELF!"

..........................................................

"Yo, are you bored without me here?" Sunset asked to the nothingness.

"You're back again? What are you? A masochistic?" The unknown soldier asked back.

"No, it's just fun to irritate you!"

"Oh, my god help me! A terrible demon is torturing me! Oh the horror!" He said sarcastically... Like always.

"You can't be serious can you?" Sunset asked while sitting on the ground.

"And can you?" He asked.

"Fair enough!"

"And you? Interesting news?"

"Nothing worth to be mentioned." She said neutral.

"You're lying."

"And how can you say that?" Sunset asked without real interest.

"Psychic powers!" He said with a murmuring voice, pretending to be mystical.

"Yeah, sure like I will believe in you,"

"Well, let's play a little game so. I would say... That the older brother of your girlfriend appeared today in your room and you act as a completely idiot! But luckily he don't know about you and his precious little sister yet, but you still need some time to regain your breath!"

Silence....

"It's so good to hear the sound of silence again," His voice was certainly holding back a great laugh.

"If you want I can go out now..." Sunset said rising from the ground.

"C'mon miss demon, can't take a little joke? Or you don't want to understand how I know all this?"

Sunset sit again and cross her arms.

"Hearing!"

"Well... Shining Armor came here a while ago, he said he was going to take his sister home, and because of that I also know that your girlfriend is Twilight Sparkle of course..."

"First question, how you know Shining Armor and Twilight?" Sunset asked.

"I was a cop too and worked with Shining Armor, and that guy talk more about his sister than he drinks water, every cop in the city know that no one mess with the captain sister!"

"Should I worry with that?" Sunset asked already worried.

"Of course, if you do anything bad to Twilight every cop in the city will go after you, and Twilight always brings cookies to everyone in the delegacy... Believe in me girl, you mess with Twilight, and the entire policy mess with you!"

Mental note: Never, and I mean NEVER break with Twilight.

"But still don't explain how you know the rest."

"That nurse came to talk about how hard she laughed today because of the 'Handsome cop' that come to take his sister and about the reaction of the 'Poor patient' that was really nervous about meeting the brother of her girlfriend!"

"I'm gonna has a serious talk with Maria later!"

The unknown soldier couldn't hold his laughter anymore and laugh for a long time before he finally calm down.

"Let's stop with the jokes just a bit ok?" He asked.

"Can you do this?" Sunset asked sarcastically.

"Very funny... Anyway, when you will get out of the hospital?"

Sunset was surprised by the suddenly question.

"Three or four days... Why?" She asked.

"When you go out... Can you go in a certain address for me?"

"Maybe..."

"When you get there... Search for a envelope... Probably behind a fake safe!"

"You hide something BEHIND a safe instead inside?"

"Hey, everyone search inside a safe, but nobody search BEHIND the safe!"

"Sure... Amazingly... This makes sense!"

They continue the talk for a lot more about those useless things the man so much liked, until he change the subject.

"Well, miss demon, you should go now."

"And since when you're the one that decide this?"

"Since I'm older than you! Go home brat!"

"Oh, and why won't you die already?"

"Who knows? Maybe because now I has a motive to live!"

"And what motive is this?"

"I'll go to the light just when I see your first kiss!"

"Haha, very funny,"

"I know it is!"

"Die already!" Sunset said and lift from the ground. "Until tomorrow, sucker!"

"Sure... Goodbye miss demon!"

Sunset opened her eyes in the real world, and looked to the hallway, were there's no one there, and she finally goes to her room.

..........................................................

Sunset ha a good night of sleep, after the 'Stressing' day she just wanted to sleep until midday, and surprisingly she did it.

"Finally awake?" A voice asked.

Sunset look around and saw her nurse.

"I let you sleep until now because your morning medicines aren't necessary anymore." She said, but Sunset noticed that there's something wrong, the nurse had a sad face and her eyes were red, obviously, she had been crying.

"Hey, what's wrong Maria? You seems really bad!" Sunset asked.

"I'm gonna ignore the last part, but don't worry, in the end it was expected..."

"Expected? What do you mean?"

"A certain... Patient... Finally passed away... But I think it is better that way, so there's nothing to... Sunset?" Maria couldn't finish her phrase, Sunset avoid the nurse and start running through the corridor.

She run as fast as she could, until find a specific door. She tried to open it, but it was stuck, she used her shoulder to hit the door, ignoring the screams from her nurse, and after two strikes the door finally open.

The room was completely empty. No machines, no identification... No patient. Sunset knee on the ground, her mouth open and remembering her lasts words to the unknown soldier.

'Die already'

'Goodbye miss demon'

Sunset simply stare to the empty bed, until a panting hand stopped in her shoulder.

"H... How... How you know... About this room?" Maria asked panting, to a old woman she's actually pretty fast.

"I... Don't think this is important..." Sunset stood up and walk away, the nurse walking together to her room.

"Well... It seems you know him somehow, but I can say, he's better that way." Her voice cracked, and Sunset sit in her bed.

"Yeah... I agree... But when did it happen...?" Sunset asked, she was sad but wasn't crying.

"Around the midnight, I got here this morning and a friend told me,"

"... Got it... Well, there's nothing we can do, right? Can you give me my computer?" Sunset said consoling the old nurse.

"People like you are rare, Sunset. Can keep the calm even in times like that... I never was one of those..." Maria said and give the notebook to Sunset.

"Thanks, but I don't know him that well... Besides... I need to check a address!" Sunset said already writing something on the computer.

The nurse smiled and exit the room. After checking the address and discover that it's not far away from the hospital, the next step is wait for her friends, and she thought there's nothing wrong with a small nap.

..........................................................

Sunset opened her eyes, she was in a place familiar to her, the coverture of Canterlot high, she looked to the statue of the school below and thought.

"Another Nightmare? That's really getting old!" She said to herself.

"Seriously? What a shame, I thought you would like my small presents!"

Sunset turned around and saw a familiar white monster. He was sitting on the ground and still taller than Sunset herself, and his three draconian heads still fearsome as always with eyes as red as rubys.

"Why don't you go piss off the elements of harmony? I thought you two got along really well that time."

"We do not get along well, even if I must admit we have a lot more in common than most people think. But I'm not here to talk about it," The monster said unhurried, actually, he seems pretty confortable there.

"So why are you here?" Sunset asked crossing her arms.

"Like I said, I am here just to see if you enjoyied my small present!" He said calmly as always.

"What present?" She asked trying to don't show too much curiosity.

"Well, I grant you something you wished, I just wanted to see your reactions, looks like your girlfriend like to see your reactions, why would not I like it too??" He said completely unaltered.

"What wish? You never grant me anythin... No... No, you don't!" She said, her voice showing traces of suspecting what he's talking about.

"You already know the answer, do you not?" All the three heads said in at once, and now were smiling sadistically.

"You... You killed him!" Sunset said, her voice finally cracking.

"Huh? What's wrong, kid? You asked for this do you not?" His voice seems deeper and deeper. "Besides, he wanted it too, have I done something wrong?" Now a fake worry in his voice, he wanted to push her to the limit, and she knows it.

"You killed a good person just to hurt me? Why would you do that?" She asked angrily, her fists ready to give a punch, not that she could really do something to hurt him in his domain.

"For the same reason I haveve done everything up to now, I was bored! I'm pretty sure you understand that!" He said tranquilly.

"How could I understand such ridiculous logic?" She asked angrily.

"Well, that's a easy question... I see a lot of me in you!" He said calmly, but all three heads were smiling with a sadistic gleam.

"W-What do you mean?" Sunset's voice finally showed weakness, the simple idea of understanding is just too scary to her.

"Is that a rhetoric question? The answer is too obvious!" He said without smiling, maybe he was genuinely confused.

"How could this be rhetoric?" Sunset said loudly but not screaming.

"I am the evil itself, and as you know, the evil do not need to simply destroy everything with power. The true evil can destroy everything without this power, the evil comes from the darkness in peoples hearts. And you... You brings more darkness to peoples hearts than anyone!" He started to explain.

"SHUT UP! DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ELSE!" Sunset screamed, but he don't stop.

"The evil can destroy just by lying, talking and acting. You lied to people, destroyed friendships and relationships with just a few words, you manipulate, lied and maked everyone around you suffer with his own darkness. That's a natural talent to you. Actually I originally wanted you to be one of my children's of the darkness, but those girls changed everything. Not that I can complain, it is funnier this way, I do not need to act right now,"

"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP!" Sunset screamed again, both hands holding her head strongly, the memories from everything she did to make the others suffer, every lie, scream or honest words she said coming back to hunt her thoughts.

"What's wrong? Don't you like the truth?" He asked triumphantly, and laugh with all three heads.

When Sunset tried to answer the demon, suddenly the ground faded, all the world started to disappear, she tried to hold on anything, but her hands couldn't reach nothing and the last thing she saw was the triumphant smile of the evil itself when she fell on the darkness.

..........................................................

Sunset felt something hard hitting her hand, followed by a soft and warm touch, she opened her eyes and saw her arm is stretched up, like trying to hold onto something, Fluttershy was holding her hand and has a calming smile. Sunset was looking to her friend trying to understand everything, but there's a strange mark in Fluttershy's check that don't let the girl concentrate.

"Shhh, calm down Sunset, everything is fine!" Fluttershy said holding Sunset's hand and passing her other hand in Sunset's hair.

"Fluttershy... What... What happened?" Sunset sit in the bed and looked to Fluttershy.

"I ask the same... Did you has a nightmare?" Fluttershy asked with a soft voice.

"Y-yes... But don't worry... It's the first time since... Wait... Fluttershy... Your face!" Sunset looked to her own hand and again to Fluttershy. "Don't tell me... I... I punched you?" Now her voice was completely choked, the simple idea was enough to make her stomach sick.

"N-n-no, you've done nothing wrong okay? It's all right, it don't hurt!" Fluttershy said hiding one side of her face with her hair.

But Sunset heard enough, a lonely tear drop falling from her left eye. "I-I-I-I'm so sorry, please Fluttershy I'm so sorry, please forgive me..." She was panicking, she hurt her friend... Again, like she did so many times before, and exactly like the demon said, but her thoughts were interrupted by a soft embrace.

"I don't need to forgive you, because you've done nothing wrong! Now calm down, I'm here to you..." Fluttershy said passing her hand through Sunset's hair, and Sunset hugged back strongly. "Good... Now breath, and tell me everything!" Her voice is exactly like always, like the anthem of the angels.

Sunset calm herself before look around and see that they're alone.

"Where's the girls?" She asked and interrupted her hug.

"They're coming, they just need to solve some things, but don't worry, it's all right, ok?"

Sunset nodded, she used one hand to clean Fluttershy's face looking for the wound she did, and when her hand touched the young girl's face Fluttershy tremble and recoil herself, but when she noticed what she did she said fast.

"It's alright Sunset, it don't hurt!" She let Sunset pass her hand in her own face, her kindly smile never disappear. "But now, if you want to talk alone, I can hear you!"

Sunset can't handle anymore, she just want to be free from the feelings she knows that never will really disappear.

"I... Well, this will be a long story, but first, promise you won't tell this to the girls." She has a decided expression.

"... Is that serious?"

"Yes!"

"Well... Okay, I promise!" Fluttershy said nervously.

"Okay... Well... Did you remember when I told you all, about my last nightmare?" Sunset asked passing her hand in the back of her neck.

Fluttershy nodded.

"Well, the thing is... I kinda... Let the sequel out," Sunset said avoiding Fluttershy's eyes, and now the girl was listening genuinely surprised by the news. "And the main point is... A certain... Thing? I don't know how I may call him! Anyway, he said I remember himself a lot... And that kinda... Scary me, because what he said... Make sense to me." She said and felt a hug, she didn't notice she was trembling.

"That's a good start Sunset, but why you be like him is so bad?" Fluttershy asked with a hand on Sunset's back.

"Well... Maybe... Because... He'sabrutalandevilmonster!" Sunset said so fast that Fluttershy needed some time to understand this new information.

"What exactly he said?" Fluttershy has a serious face, not furious, but she wasn't smiling neither.

"He said... Said he gives me a present, because he saw a lot of himself in me. He said the true evil don't need to destroy everything... The evil comes from the darkness in peoples hearts... And I have a natural talent to make everyone around me suffer..." Sunset began trembling again in Fluttershy's arms.

"Sunset, you know this is not true..."

"WHAT IS NOT TRUE?" Sunset screamed and pushed Fluttershy's hug away. "You know better than anyone... The horrible person I am... I destroyed friendships with just a few lies... I destroyed your friendship with the girls... I don't know why you're even my friend..." But she stopped when she saw a familiar shadow in Fluttershy's face.

But Fluttershy simply hugged Sunset again. "You was! You're a wonderful person... Or pony... Whatever! You're sweet, comprehensive, brave and you're our best friend! And doesn't matter who say you don't! If we need to fight against a monster for you, we will without think twice!" She take Sunset's face with a hand and obligate Sunset to look at her eyes. "And... You WAS a horrible person, Sunset... But now... You're the person with the biggest and brightest heart anyone of us ever saw in our lives!"

Sunset felt like she could melt in Fluttershy's arms, her fears were fading and the natural scent of her friend has a amazing calming effect.

"Fluttershy... I don't know how you forgive me... But thanks for doing it!"

"Always!"

"huumm... Ah think ah shouldn't tell this to Twilight or Rarity... Should ah?" A third voice spoke and the two girls finally got apart.

"Applejack! You scare us!" Sunset said with a small giggle.

"And there's nothing between Rarity and me!" Fluttershy said so fast and her face was so red that is basically a confession of guilt.

"Sure, sorry'bout the 'misunderstand'! Anyway ah think we all agreed that we will tell EVERYTHING is bothering us... Right Sunset? Yah'know, that whole friendship stuffs and all that?" Applejack said crossing her arms and leaning in the wall.

"Hehehe... How long you've been hearing?" Sunset asked with a nervous giggle.

"Long enough, sugarcube... Long enough! Ah just can't help but think... Sunset, you're absurdly smart! How come yah don't know when to throw the towel?"

"I think I'm not as good as I thought in this whole friendship thing," Sunset said nervously again.

"Well... At least everything is alright! Anyway, Applejack, did you know what Rainbow want so much to talk with all of us?" Fluttershy asked.

"No idea!" Applejack sat on the chair.

"I'm sorry, do I lose something?" Sunset asked.

"Not that we know!" Applejack said. "She send a message to us all, saying she want to tell us some great news!" Applejack answered.

"She must be here soon," Fluttershy said.

And in fact, no time pass before the rest of the girls finally came in, and after the everyday wave and compliments they take some chairs and the conversation began again.

"Well, now we're all here. Rainbow Dash, you can tell now those 'great news', please?" Rarity said to the other girl.

"Well... I know I'm awesome..." was interrupted by Applejack.

"And reeeealy modest!" Applejack said sarcastically.

"Sure, that too!" Applejack facepalm. "Anyway, the great news are... Soarin ask me out to a date!" Rainbow Dash said with a great smile, and a great commotion happened in the room, Cadence asked for the details with Rarity at her side, there's just two girls quiets, Applejack's face become suddenly pale, her voice can't go out until she felt a hand in her shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Sunset was looking at her eyes, and has the look of someone that knows more than she tells.

"S-sure... Ah just... Hum... Bathroom!" Applejack said and walk away from the room fast, leaving a worried Sunset behind.

She certainly isn't a expert in friendship, but she understand enough to know Applejack need more her company than the others.

"I'm going to the bathroom too!" Sunset go out of the room, without hearing Twilight saying that she's going after her.

Sunset enter in the hospital's bathroom, and easily saw Applejack backed in a sink, her face was completely wet by water, and Sunset can easily say that just a small part comes from the opened sink.

Putting a hand in Applejack's shoulder again she asked. "Are you okay?"

"Sure, why not? Hey, you should be in the bed!" Applejack answered fast.

"No, I has permission to come in the bathroom alone! And don't avoid the subject. How are you?" Sunset said calmly, but just after a minute of silence Applejack said something.

"... ... How long you know?" Just a few words, but it still hard to the cowgirl's pride.

"Long enough, AJ... Long enough," She took her hand from Applejack's shoulder. "Wanna talk?"

Another minute of silence.

"It's just... When ah saw you and Twilight... It just gives me some hope ah shouldn't have..."

"I don't think this is true. I actually believe that Rainbow likes you that way too! But exactly like you, she's just too stubborn to admit."

"So that makes you the queen of the stubbornness, besides... She already accepted Soarin's invitation! Ah think this is proof enough!"

"Actually... No! Did you remember some time ago, just a few after camp everfree?"

"What happened back then?"

"When Twilight started dating Timber... There's sometimes you and the girls ask me to go out and I refuse..."

"Ah remember, yah never explain it, suddenly you has a compromise and can't go!"

"Yes, actually... I was in some dates with some guys,"

Applejack looked to Sunset with surprise, and they hear a strange sound, like something falling in the water.

"That's new to me!"

"Yeah, I think it is," Sunset giggle. "The question is, I thought that I definitely never will has Twilight with me... So... I thought, hey, I can try get back to the origins, and I even had some real dates with Flash Sentry!"

Again a sound of something falling in the water.

"Your origins shouldn't be a stallion or something?"

"Yes it should, but the ponies here and in Equestria are different in first place, and honestly saying... I'm not a hundred percent attracted to the form, or let's say, species... I mean even in Equestria I never felt something for anypony... And in the beginning the humans are just too strange to me, but I understood that the form isn't really important, what really matters is the mind, the heart and the soul!"

"But what can ah do? Just wait for her to get hurt? You know better than anyone that this Soarin go out with more girls than ah can count."

"Yeah, I know... But maybe the things can go different, but you probably can't let it be too, try something, flirting or... I don't know, but I am pretty sure you still has chances, a lot of them actually, you're her best friend! That count for something."

They hear some steps and turn around, but it must be their imagination.

"Thanks Sunset, you're really a good friend!"

"Thank you! You have no idea of how much this means to me now! But I think we should get back, someone told me that the patient is outside of the room for too long!" Sunset said with humor.

"Sure, let's go." Applejack said as they head to the room again.

"You two finally came back, you lost all the important details!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Maybe later Rainbow, for now I has a request to you," Sunset said while sitting in the bed.

"Well, I don't know what could be more important than me, but go on!"

"First of all, I need to say... I'm sorry Pinkie, but my good recovery party will need to wait some time!"

"WHAAAAAAT?" A great scream was heard.

"I'm really sorry, maybe we can make it one day later, anyway, Rainbow I need you to bring my motorcycle when I finally get out of here!"

"Hum... Sure, but why you..."

"I'm sorry but the visitation time is over!"

"WHAT? I swear, we have less time everyday!" Rainbow said to nobody's surprise.

The customary waves and goodbyes was really fast this time, when everyone was already outside, except for Twilight, Sunset noticed something strange.

"Hey, Twilight, why are your feet's wet?"

Twilight's body was already outside, except for her head, and she answer fast.

"NO! THEY'RE NOT! ILOVEYOUBYE!"

"... Ok?... ... ..."

..........................................................

Finally the day has come, the rest of the week was so slow that Sunset thought she will get crazy. After the lasts exams she heard the finals recommendations and advices.

Sunset can say she's lucky, thanks to Equestrian magic, the big scar on her back was completely vanished, but unfortunately the six scars in her thigh don't, even with some high level magic's, the wounds made by that black dagger still there, and everytime the weather is cold she remember the existence of this hurt with a even colder pain.

She told her friends to don't come take her, except for Rainbow Dash, which is bringing her motorcycle, and with a bag in her shoulder she just wait for a little time until she saw a orange bike coming in her direction.

"Yo, here's what you asked!" Rainbow took of the helmet and gives to Sunset, her hair was beautifully arranged, even after using the helmet.

"Thanks, but why you're so... Hum... Well dressed?"

"I'm gonna find Soarin after here!" Rainbow has a great smile in her face.

"I'm happy for you and your date but... You're Rainbow Dash! I just ask for you don't get too... Gooey, and please let's not talk too much about it close to the others, okay?"

"What? And you and Twilight? Aren't we at the same situation?"

"Yes, we are! And you don't see Twilight and I making out or talking about it everytime!"

"Of course not. That's what Rarity would do!"

"Exactly! Just don't be like Rarity, ok?"

"Well, I don't think you should control MY relationship, but I can do this. Well, bye, Sunset!" Rainbow waved and go away.

Sunset sigh, sometimes she wonder about how someone can be so blind, including herself of course, but she really want to believe that her friend won't be like those cheesy movies and forget her friends for the boyfriend, but like Rainbow said there's nothing she can do except watch where this will end.

She put the bag in her back, put the helmet in her head, climbed on the motorcycle, and finally goes street away. She felt the wind, the emotion of finally drive again, and that's a feeling she will never get sick of. The human world gain some good points with her thanks to the invention she was actually driving. After 30 minutes Sunset finally come to her destination, the address the unknown soldier asked for.

It's a abandoned house, a small part of the ceiling fall, but luckily the front door isn't clogged, she goes to the door and pushed it, but it don't move.

"Believe in me, you won't get in my way!" Sunset take distance, she looked to the door 20 feet's away and start running, she used her shoulder to give the strongest strike she could, the door tremble a little, and her shoulder hurt a lot. "Ouch... The doctor said to don't make big efforts... Hum... And since when I care about what the others say?" She asked to herself with a small smile and run away from the door, stop at the same point she was and run as fast as she could against the door.

With this second strike the door finally opened allowing the girl in, and of course, she tripped and fell on the dirty ground. Lifting her head she looked around, the place is abandoned, but there's signs she was being used around a month ago. Lifting from the ground she stand up and clean her clothes.

"Step one: Complete... I really should stop talking with myself!" She resumed the gathering of information, he probably lived here, but the house was well cared... Probably his wife lived here too... But why she isn't here anymore? She walk around in the great house, there's a stair leading to the second floor, the ceiling isn't falling, it's just outside, actually it's a pretty comfortable house, there's a kitchen, a bathroom and a living room in the first floor, but nothing caught her attention.

"Maybe the second floor..." She headed upstairs and observed the new ambient, it's a small corridor with just three doors, she opened the first door and looked inside, there's a double bed, a table, a big wardrobe and a book shelf filled with books, there's a painting in the wall, it has the image of a big open field, the sky was orange and purple, thanks to the twilight. Sunset make a mental note she would come back after she look the rest of the house.

The second door is basically a library, Sunset walk in with a surprised face, there's at least a half-hundred of books in the shelf's, a table and chair and a ceiling fan, but again nothing caught her attention.

The third door is just a common bathroom. She goes back to the other room and search for suspects places, bellow the bed and the table, back the door and everywhere she could think, except for the painting.

"That would be seriously cheesy..." She put her hands around the big painting and took her from the wall... There's nothing. She looked in the back of the painting and saw a small piece of paper, she takes it and read.

'You seriously thought I would put something here? Better luck next time sucker!'

"It's amazing how much you can irritate me even after death!" Sunset said with a clear vain pulsing in her forehead, she reduced the paper to small pieces and stomp every single one of them.

She goes downstairs and looked in the living room a bit more, but she finds nothing.

Kitchen... Nothing.

Office... A lot of half made violins... But nothing. (And Sunset refuse to believe that such beautiful things were made by the unknown soldier's hands).

She goes back to the 'library' and searches there too.

"Well... I underestimate you... You know how to hide something!" Sunset said to the nothing and sit in the chair to think a little, she's already there for more than a hour, and the sun is going down for now. "Where could it be? Huumm... Books?" She observe the room.

Four big shelf's... One in each wall... Three of them has a small quantities of books... One of them is completely full...

She walk until the shelf with more books and observe, she take out some books and looked to the wall through two books... She pressed her hand in the wall and easily felt that it is fake.

"Bingo!" She said with a sinister smile. She take one side of the big shelf and pulled out with strength, after a lot of effort she put the shelf full of heavy books away from the wall, and to her surprise there's a iron vault inside a hole in the wall, there's just a small space in one side where she could put her hands to pulled it out of the wall. Sunset took a deep breath, put her hands on the side of the iron vault, and...

"Ahem... May I help you?"

When she heard the new voice Sunset jumped with a scare, she turned around and saw... Shining Armor, using his cop uniform, leaning on the wall, his arms where firmly crossed and have the face of someone that want an explanation.

"Celest... Heavens... You scared me!" Sunset said with a hand on her chest. "What you're doing here?"

"I will ask you the same thing Sunset Shimmer," He called me by my full name... That's never good! "In the first day you got out of the hospital I caught you: Invading a private property, acting as a thief and messing with the vault of someone else... I will give you a chance to explain, but JUST... Because you're one of Twilight's friends!"

And here goes the neutral impression...

"Look, I can explain it... More or less!" Sunset said with her hands up.

"Hearing!"

Where did I heard it before?

"I kinda... Meet the owner of this house once or twice, ok?"

"Still a weak defense... Continue!"

"Look," She sigh. "The question is... He asked me to come here, in this address and take something for him!"

"Really?" He asked with a nothing convinced expression. "And where he was? During one of his trainings for the Olympiad?"

"You're kidding right? He was a cop like you! And somehow ended up in battlefield, and jumped on a grenade to save his comrades!"

The skeptical grin disappear from Shining's face. "Okay... Now I'm really listening!"

"Look... The big question is, he asked me to come here, and take a envelope. The envelope is right here, behind this iron vault!" Sunset finally put her arms down. "I just want to keep a promise I've made to a friend! And if you excuse me..." She turned to the wall, put her hands in the small space between the iron vault and the wall and used all her strength to pull it outside, but it didn't move. "Man... This... Is... Heavy!"

When Sunset finally thought it's a good idea take a break, a second pair of hands started to try to take the safe out of the wall, and she used all the remaining strength, together with Shining Armor to pull it out, and just after almost a minute they finally did it, the extremely heavy metal fall on the ground, and both of them also were sitting and breathing heavily.

"T-Thanks... But... Why do you... Helped me...?"

"Hehe... Because... Put a secret... 'BEHIND' a safe... It sounds a lot like him! Hehe..."

"So... You believe in... Me..."

"Yes..."

"And you won't arrest me!"

"I'll think in your case!" He said and both of them laugh. "Anyway... Let's look..." And behind the iron vault there's a envelope, Sunset took it and read the name.

"Selena Baggins... You know this name?" Sunset asked.

"Yes... That's the name of his wife,"

"Why I'm not surprised?" She smiled. "But how I'm gonna find her?"

"... Promise you won't tell anyone" Shining lift up and walk outside.

"What... Tell what?" Sunset follow him to his car, and it's obviously a police car.

Shining Armor sit in the driver sit and tell Sunset to come closer, he take a small computer and open a program she don't know, he digit the name and search.

"Well... Here says she's... Humm... Last month she moved outside of the town, the scripture of this house belongs to her after the death of his husband... Aha... She's in... The same hospital you were!"

"Seriously? I can't get out of that place for one day?"

"Want a ride?"

"No, I'm with my motorcycle," Sunset has a idea. "Hey... Armor? I don't know how I can call you, anyway, can you do me a last favor?"

"Tell me and I'll think in your case,"

She asked what was in her mind, and Shining Armor accept doing this last favor.

"Thank you!"

"Okay, I'm gonna take Twilight from the library, please don't make anything illegal!"

"C'mon, what I could do? Anyway, say Twilight I send a hello."

"Sure, okay... Goodbye!" Shining Armor said and drive away.

"Okay... The Neutral impression is back... And I need to find a woman!" Sunset put her helmet, sit in her bike and drive back to where she was just two hours ago.

..........................................................

Arriving in the hospital Sunset went in the parking and put her motorcycle. She enter in the hospital and search for a familiar face, and soon she saw.

"MARIA! Please, I need to talk with you!" Sunset run in the nurse's direction.

"Sunset? Already back? What have you done now?" The nurse asked in surprise.

"Nothing bad I swear, but I need a immense favor from you," Sunset take the envelope from her pocket and pointed to the nurse. "Where's that woman?"

"... Come with me," the nurse said and turned away, and Sunset almost can't believe in how easy it was. The nurse take a road Sunset knows really well, and just after some time they change their way, but when she finally stopped she couldn't believe.

"Here we are... But don't tell anyone, okay? That person asked for don't be interrupted!" She said and walk away.

Meanwhile, Sunset was trying to remember the hospital's plant... And now she's sure, this room is exactly bellow the room of the unknown soldier. Or better unknown Baggins. She took a deep breath, and open the door.

It's a common hospital room, in the bed there's a pregnant woman, she certainly was crying before Sunset came in, she was dressed in a white hospital dress, and her skin has a pale yellow color, but her hair is not too long, stopping above her shoulders.

"What...? Who are you? I said I don't want visitations today!"

"I know, and I'm sorry, but I think this is important!"

"Oh, of course, it's important, I'm pregnant, receive the notice that I may lost my leg and you're more important than that!" She said with a familiar sarcasm.

"Lose your leg? I know about the pregnancy, but the leg is new..."

The woman become less aggressive and talked, "They discover just some time ago, I has cancer in my leg bone..."

"The can't take it out surgically?"

"They can... But it's to expensive to me..."

"I understand... I almost don't know you, but... Well if you need me, I'm here,"

The woman seems like she don't trust in the fiery hair girl yet, and Sunset can't blame her.

"And how you know about my pregnancy?"

And we finally get in the dangerous field, passing a hand through her own hair Sunset asked, "May I sit?" The woman nodded and she sit in a chair.

"Look... I really don't know how I can explain it, but the important is, your husband asked me to bring this to you!" Sunset take the envelope and give it to the woman. She take the envelope and open it, her eyes wide open, and she looked to Sunset.

"What is it?" Sunset asked, maybe she shouldn't ask, but she almost was arrested for this envelope... Maybe she deserves a explanation.

But when the woman started crying she really don't know what to do.

"Humm... Want some water? I can bring it to you!" Look's like she really has a natural talent to make peoples cry, even when she don't want to, even Twilight now that she think about it.

"W-Where did... You... F-find it?" The woman asked.

"In... Your old house. It was behind the iron vault in the library,"

"That's surely something he would do," the woman giggle, and seems a lot calmer now. "When I receive the... News about him, I looked everywhere in the house for something he said I needed to know, and surely is this... I don't know how I can thank you,"

"First of all what is this? I almost was arrested because of it, I would like to know!"

"You almost was arrested? How?" The woman asked surprised.

"Well, I enter in a house that isn't mine... Mainly because I haven't one... Anyway, I has lucky because some days ago I meet that guy, and he let me out."

"Well... At least you has a history to tell to your kids someday!" She said passing a hand in her own pregnant belly. "But this... This will save me! Not just me, also this child!" Tears fall from her eyes again.

Sunset looked and saw a life insurance, and from the big ones.

"That bastard... He could be a idiot, but that was pretty cool." Sunset smiled, and when the woman looked at her she finally noticed. "Did I say this loud?"

"Yes, you do!" She giggle. "But now I ask... How you know my husband?"

Sunset pass a hand through her hair. "Look... I don't know how I can explain it! But he asked to bring this to you and I do, isn't enough?"

"Looks like you don't want to talk about it! But what are you talking about before... You really don't has somewhere to live?"

"Oh... Well, I'm living with a friend for now, so don't worry about me,"

"Don't worry about you? With this, you saved my and my son's lifes! How I can not worry about you?" The woman gives Sunset a hug that would make Pinkie Pie proud. "I really wish you like it!"

"Like what?"

"You will know!" Tears where falling from her eyes.

"Humm... I think I should go now... When you has this child... May I visit you sometime?" Sunset asked embarrassed, actually, she don't know why she asked in first place.

"Of course, actually, I think will be today or tomorrow. Here this is my number! Call me when you want!" She gives sunset a card, it's a propaganda about someone that make violins... That explain something.

"Thank you... Well goodbye then!" Sunset waved and walk to the door, when she was closing the door she heard some lasts words that make her blood froze with surprise.

"Thank you, our angel!" The woman said and Sunset closed the door.

..........................................................

Twilight was inside the library, searching for another book. She 'only' took 23 books, she need at least a few more. She looked to the highest shelf and saw the new Daring Doo book, she promptly stretched her hand... And she could not reach it, she jumped and jumped trying to take the book but yet, she couldn't, she stretched herself at maximum and when her hand finally was going to reach the target a second hand took the book.

"Searching for something, short one?"

"Hey," she turned to the voice. "I'm not THAT short... Shining?" Twilight almost screamed in surprise, since that day in the hospital she was being really cautious around Shining Armor, and looks like he always appear when she lowered her guard.

"Hahaha... If you want that book, thou shall bow to me!" He said with a fake evil voice.

"Or I can do THIS! Hahaha!" Twilight tried to take the book from her brother's hand, but he stretched his arm up. "Wait," she tried again, but couldn't reach it again, so she started jumping trying to take the book. "T-that's... Not... Fair!"

"The evil is not fair young one!" Shining Armor laugh a bit. "Here it is. Ready to go?" He gave the book to Twilight.

"That was playing dirty!" She said with her checks puffed. "Anyway yes, I am. But you just should come at seven,"

"It's seven and a half!"

"So you're late, what's your excuse?" Twilight smile thinking that finally has won the game.

"I was responding to a complain of home invasion! And guess who I find there!" He asked with a mischievous grin.

"Humm... You ask me, so it must be someone I know... No, I don't know, who?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Sunset Shimmer! Oh, she send you a hello."

Twilight's heart almost stopped, her blood froze and she's sweating.

"W-w-w-what you're talking about? Sunset won't do something like that without a good reason!"

"Yes... I agree, we talked for some time and we settle this misunderstanding, but I give her a advice,"

Twilight breathed relieved, Sunset isn't in trouble.

"Well, shall we go?"

"Sure!"

They finally went into the car, Twilight is worried with Shining Armor, her relationship with Sunset isn't so advanced, but when he appeared in the hospital Sunset acted so strange that maybe he notice that there's something more about the red-haired girl than his sister tell... And she rather avoid it.

"Huh? Hey Shining, this is not the way home!" She said to her brother, it was raining a really lot, the sky is black and she wasn't heading home.

"I... Think you should pass in some place before we go home, there's a umbrella here,"

"That's not something common for you to do! Are you coming too?"

"No, I'll be waiting outside,"

"Why?"

"Because... You're kinda new with friendship and I know it, but when a friend is in need... A friend should be there to give a shoulder!"

"Something happened with one of the girls?" Twilight asked worried.

"You will see..." Shining Armor stopped the car and wait while Twilight take the umbrella and looked horrified to the
destination and started to run inside.

..........................................................

Some time ago.

Sunset was going out of the hospital, she looked at the sky, it's totally black and there's a heavy rain falling. She don't complain about the rain, every drop felt like a cold touch, with every drop the burden in her shoulders seems to become lighter, for some time she closed her eyes and looked above.

"Now... One last stop right?" She asked to herself and climbed in the motorcycle, but something fall from her pocket. "Huh? What is this?"

She took the now a just a little wet paper, she went in the hospital again and dry her hands to read.

It was a official document: The scripture of a house.

"What? What on Celestia's name is this... No, no, no, no!" Sunset run in the direction of the woman's room, but was stopped by the same nurse once helped her.

"You can't go there!" She said firmly.

"You don't understand, I need to talk with her!" Sunset was desperately trying to find the woman.

"She's having a baby now! You can't go!"

"What? I just go out for five minutes!" Sunset was really surprised now.

"She's having contractions with spaces of two minutes, there's nothing you can do!" Sunset finally stopped, she looked to the paper in her hand and thought about what happened, after the hug the woman said ' I wish you like it ' certainly it was that time.

"There's nothing I can do... I hate this feeling... I'm sorry for bothering you!" Sunset said and walk away from the hospital.

The rain fall in her shoulders again, she put the paper in the inner pocket and jump in her bike, she will talk with Selena later, for now, she's going to one last place. Driving on the streets she felt a bit of her worries going away with the rain, she drive for almost 40 minutes, it must pass the seven and a half now. Finally, she saw her destination, stopping the bike in the parking she dismounted and walked to the entrance where she could clearly read.

Carterlot's Graveyard.

It's a plain terrain, most of it covered with grass, except the places that were recently carved, at each few meters there's a big memorial stone or a beautiful wood cross.

Sunset entered without hesitate, walking through the graves were nothing to her, but probably because of her magical nature she could easily feel presences that shouldn't be there, she walked and hearded the whispers of the death in her ears, and in this place full of dead bodies she can almost feel three pairs of red eyes staring at her.

But nothing of this really bothered the girl, the only thing that matters right now is to find a specific grave, after some time she found the familiar last name she was looking.

Baggins.

"Finally I found you," Sunset wears a weak smile, the rain gets even stronger and her hair were completely wet by now covering her leather jacket. "I had a problem or two because of you, y'know?" She looked at the sky. "I like it... The rain! I never asked if you like it too... I also never asked your birthday... Or the name you would like to you child... And I will never know, right?"

Obviously, there's no answer, she looked to the ground, where there's already some small grass rising. She kneeled on the grass and just stared to the grave for some time.

"Man... You was insupportable, sarcastic, a big idiot... But... You had a great wife, a kid coming... Why do I care about you so much?" Sunset asked to the nothingness.

"Oh, you do not really care about him!" A monstrous and familiar voice spoke. "You just care about your own sense of guilty,"

"What do you want?" Sunset asked the voice back disinterestedly. "And more importantly, HOW are you here?"

"This place is the lair of the injustice! People here were killed for nothing, people here killed for nothing. I have a great influence here!" The monster is almost invisible, he's not more than an hologram, but he have at least three meters and vicious and unafraid eyes.

"Interesting... Now I would like to be alone!" She answered without looking at him.

"I am afraid this will not be possible," Azi Dahaka said with only two heads observing the girl, the remaining one watched the sky as if it was something he often does.

"And why not?" She asked yet uninterestedly.

"I am not done with you yet, besides, I like the rain..." He said and lifted all the heads toward the sky as her eyes instantly twitched with his phrase. "And your egoism is pretty interesting to watch!"

"My egoism?" A sinister smile appeared in Sunset's face. "That's the best you can do to torture me?"

"You know that it is not! You're right above the the proof!"

Sunset's smile faded, and in its place a violent pair of eyes sparkled.

"Yes, that's what I wanted to see... This spirit slept for long enough don't you think?" The middle head said.

"No, I don't! This spirit can go with you straight to the depths of Tartarus!" Sunset said with a voice colder than the falling rain.

Azi Dahaka smiled.

"Well, actually I could do this, but where's the fun in this?"

"When you finally get there send me a letter!"

"Maybe I will, but for now, I think I'll stay here talking with you." He said finally lowering all of his heads to see the smaller girl. "Do you know the best part of killing a person?"

"How in the world would I know something like that?" She sighed and then asked calmly.

"The better part is always when you can see the eyes," He made a pause, enjoying old memories. "When you see the life leaving the body and the oblivion taking the life with him!"

"You're crazy..." She said emotionless.

"Am I? Are you sure of it? The weight of a life is light Sunset," That's the first time he really called her by her name. "But the burden of taking a life is not! But I think you should know it by now!"

"I would not need to know if it was not for you." She said lifting up and immediatelly tried to look the monster in its eyes.

"Indeed! I can not deny it," He said, but his smile were not sadistic like before, instead, he seems like someone watching an interesting TV show. His calmness actually seemed to ignite Sunset's anger, she narrowed her eyes as the rain was still falling upon her, but unlike her, Azi Dahaka doesn't show any trace of being there, actually, the rain passed through him without problems. "But it was an necessary sacrifice."

"For what?" She asked, but already suspected his answer.

"To kill my boredom, of course!" He answered just like she suspected he would, and her anger increased. "Breath deeply kid, I do not want you to lose control now."

"Oh, really? Because I am thinking that this is very tempting!" She said back to him.

"I know it does," For some reason his voice seems colder and more vivid than before. "But if you want to have a small chance to stop me, then you HAVE to calm down!" He said that phrase in a way that let no space for discussion, it seems more like a warning.

She did not avoid their eye contact during a single second, but something was bothering her.

"You... Don't want JUST to kill your boredom, do you?" She asked. "There's something more you're not telling me!"

For the first time he did not answered her at all, instead, he inhaled the icy air of the rain deeply. but to her surprise his face changed to a smile she never saw before, he simply seems sad.

"I was afraid you were so simmilar to me..." He said quietly.

"What are you talking about?" She asked a little lauder than before. "We are not alike in any way!"

"As I am right now, It would be simply impossible to kill that man like I have done," He said as her eyes widened. "This was only possible because I had a really firm bridge."

"I-I'm not understanding!" She said firmly, but her voice was shaking.

"If was not for you, then I could have not any contact with him," Azi Dahaka closed his eyes. "You did a magnificent job taking me to him."

"But I did not..."

"You did. You used your magic to befriend with him, and that makes it easy for me give the final blow he needed." Sunset's heart was aching like it weight a ton, and at each passing second the monster seems to become more real, to the point were the rain wasn't passing through him anymore.

"He did not deserve this!"

"Indeed, but that was the price he paid!" He said without opening any of his eyes.

"He paid it FOR WHAT?" She yelled, what the monster was talking was simply too absurd.

"The price for beeing your friend." All of his eyes slowly opened, but Sunset didn't noticed it. Suddenly the worst of the ideas appeared on her mind. She kneeled again as he continued. "This is a price that must be paid, and eventually, everyone you know will just be the same as him."

"S-stop..." She begged with a voice so weak that Fluttershy would be proud.

"This is simply what you are,"

"Stop..."

"And this is what you will always harvest,"

"PLEASE STOP!" She implored

The monster closed his eyes and sighed again. "The time does not stop, and neither do the suffering, but you will learn to deal with it... And to accept it as part of you! Until that day, accept my farewells." Those were his last words before he desappeared without a trace.

Sunset was looking to the grave, her eyes tearing up.

"I'm sorry... If you never meet me... You won't be there!" She finally cryied, she just could fell the heavy rain on her body as her only company. "I'm sorry..."

That's what Azi Dahaka was talking about, if that man had never meet her, he would still be alive... Considering his state the death isn't so cruel, but it still her fault. Sunset gives a punch on the ground, trying to make this rage of herself go away, the softness don't hurt her hand, but when she tried to give a second punch...

"Stop it," Sunset felt a pair of hands around her in a soft embrace. "I don't want to see more!"

Sunset turned to the familiar voice, Twilight is there hugging her girlfriend, for some reason her eyes were holding back tears.

"Twilight?" Sunset tried to keep her voice calm. "What are you doing here? And how long you've been here?" She asked worried now, considering what was there just a minute ago she can be worried.

"Shining Armor brings me here..." Twilight answered still hugging Sunset. "... I just don't want to see you hurting herself anymore,"

"You worry too much Twi, the ground is soft here!"

"... I'm... Not talking about the ground..." Twilight hugged stronger, and Sunset's eyes widened open with surprise.

"You saw him?" She asked still in Twilight's arms.

She denyied with her head.

"But... I heard!" Twilight said, "And you can't listen to him!"

"And why not?" Sunset screamed again, the tears falling through her checks, but it could easily be just the rain. "He's right! If I never meet him he wouldn't have died! C'mon if all of you never meet me..." Sunset couldn't finish her phrase, Twilight turned Sunset in her direction and the next thing she remember were Twilight's lips meeting her owns. Suddenly her worries faded away, she closed her eyes and put a hand gently on Twilight's check, her lips were wet and cold because of the rain, but Sunset won't change a thing.

They finally parted and breathing hard Sunset said.

"Oh... Wow... Twilight... That was..."

"I'm sorry, I don't know what happened, I just don't know what to do, and you know that I don't like don't knowing what to do and then..." She couldn't finish her phrase now thanks to Sunset's lips touching her owns in a quick kiss, making the slightly shorter girl give a tiny scream of surprise and blush furiously.

"I just wanted to say that was a amazing first kiss, my Sparky," Sunset giggle.

"Your..." Twilight blushed even more, "Sparky?"

"Don't you like it?" She smiled even more.

"That's not it, you just caught me off guard!" She said adjusting the completely wet glasses.

"So do you! Now let's get out of here... I think we had enough of that place,"

"S-sure, Shining Armor is waiting for me!"

"Really? That would explain a lot... Anyway, thanks Twilight... For everything!"

Twilight leaned in Sunset's arm and said, "Whenever you want... I'll be there for you!" She said with a small blush.

Sunset turned to Twilight with a smile, but something else caught her attention, behind them a man, dressed as a soldier, his skin has a pale blue tone and wear a sarcastic smile somehow so familiar to her.

"Congratulations, miss demon! Now I can finally keep my promise... Please, keep one eye in my child. Goodbye, Sunset Shimmer." He said with a wave to Sunset, just before disappearing in the nothingness.

"Okay, unknown soldier!" Sunset smiled and follow her way with a confused Twilight at her side. "C'mon Twi, let's find your brother!"

Sunset walked away without looking behind.

Comments ( 8 )

8288220
Actually, not yet, but soon after I posted this story a person called me on my previous story and I'm waiting for a answer.
But you're someone that called my attention last time, and I want to make a question, this story was better written?
But also don't worry, I'm gonna find someone eventually.

"We can gamble with the students? I think I'm in the wrong school!" Cadence said and walk inside the room with the others.

That wax the best line I've ever read!

You keep playing with emotions and that ending actually made me cry a little bit.

8656508
I'm really glad that you liked it and were thrilled.
I was actually kind of discouraged to write again, but knowing that someone really liked my "job" really feels refreshing.
So I have to thank you for that!

I don't understand why people don't like this story! This was my second read through and it was fantastic. I'm going to share this story over my social media cause seriously!

8760418
Well, everyone has their preferences, and I can't blame them for expressing it.
But again, I'm deeply happy that you like it that much!

Sooo.... did Sunset just forgot she could use magic or was that just plot hole?

Also was Soldier's full name "Sam Baggins"?

8760418
Few plot holes, some miscaracterization, the hole "we are ashamed of being in love and the one we love" thing anf lastly Sunset refusal to understand what is in front of her could be a few reasons for it.

I like the story but I also can see the shortcommings and have gonne over disliking fanfic level writting as often the potential of the idea is enough to excuse any writting problem.

10108922
This one is the worst written one I ever did, I assume that. At that time I had almost zero understanding in English, and unlike I Need Help, I could not gather the courage to edit this one.

I really was inexperienced at the time, my writing was bad and even the story makes much more sense inside my head than outside of it.

I am really sorry about that. I just ask you to trust me a little more, I know I am not perfect even now, far from it, but I study really hard by myself after that.

I edited This Will Be A Good Day and despite the first few chapters I think that I worked really hard to make My Immortal Phoenix be the best as it can.

And more importantly, thank you for giving a chance to my fics, even the old ones.

Login or register to comment