• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 5,783 Views, 124 Comments

The Nightmare Blessing - PixelMoon

  • ...
16
 124
 5,783

XI: Effects on the Mind

The Nightmare Blessing (Rewritten)

Chapter 11: Effects on the Mind

Written by PixelMoon


Rarity smiled at me while awaiting what I would say. I just stood there in shock, unable to form words. When I didn't respond, she frowned and looked sad.

"Are you okay, Mistress? You seem to be in shock. Could I help somehow?"

My eye twitched as I tried to comprehend what was happening. "Rarity, don't call me Mistress! Are you okay?"

Rarity only smiled apologetically. "I am perfectly fine. I'm sorry Mistress did not fit you. What would you like to be called instead?"

Pinkie glanced at me with a confused stare. I shrugged in response and looked at Rarity. This had to be a joke. She was joking! Right? I chuckled weakly. "Hahaha, Rarity. Very funny joke of yours, ha. I'd appreciate it if you stopped now, though."

Rarity tilted her head to the side. "I'm sorry, but I do not know what you mean. There is no joke."

"Yeah, we're loyal to your will!" Spike chimed in.

I gaped in disbelief. What the heck happened to my friends?

"Pinkie, get Luna. Now."

"Oh, I could do it!" Spike exclaimed.

"No!" I shouted, causing him to flinch. Clearing my throat, I added calmly, "No, that won't be necessary. Pinkie can find my mom just fine."

Spike nodded, and with that, Pinkie left in a hurry. I sighed and looked at the fate of my friends.

"What in Celestia's flaming tits happened to you two?" I questioned out loud.

Rarity was about to speak, but I spoke before she could.

"It was a rhetorical question, don't answer it." I muttered.

I sat down on my bed with a heaving sigh. Rarity and Spike stood at the end of my bed, their eyes filled with love and admiration. What cruel incident could have happened to make them this way?

I thought back to the events earlier. My friends found me, I got hurt, Luna got all motherly on me, and Spike and Rarity volunteered to donate blood to me.

The only reasonable thing to explain what had happened is when I drank their blood. However, Luna never mentioned that this would happen! Why did this happen?!

...And why is the memory of feeding from Rarity so fuzzy? It's as if some memories are missing...

Trying to remember me, are you? Tsk, tsk, Twilight. Some things are better left untouched.

What? Who are y-

Memories are now unlocked, but only for when we talk.

W-what the hell?! I can suddenly remember...

Oh, hey, it's my so called anxiety! You know, I don't really think you are my anxiety. You seem more like a mysterious mentor of some sort.

Well bravo, Twilight. Unfortunately, Luna is near, and so I have leave. Remember, nopony can know of our little chats!

...

Huh? Did I daze out or something? I can't remember...

Oh well.

I was startled from my thoughts when the door swung open. Luna burst through the door with a concerned look on her face. Pinkie was following close behind.

"Twilight! Pinkie told me what happened! I am unfortunate to tell you why, however."

I looked at my mother with a confused stare. "What?"

Luna turned to Pinkie. "I'm afraid you need to leave. This is rather personal."

Pinkie was about to complain, but Luna had shut the door. I snorted momentarily so hard that all I could see was black.

Luna frowned and sat down on my bed next to me. She sighed and glanced at Spike.

"Twilight, how much do you know about vampires?"

I was not expecting her to ask that, but answered. "Well, we drink blood, can go in the sun, can turn into a bat, and have extreme senses."

" Do you know anything else? " Luna asked quietly.

I shook my head. "No, not really."

Luna turned towards me. "Long ago, there was a curse that ran throughout vampires. Most newly born vampires were born with this curse."

"The curse made any creature, from ponies to dragons, that a vampony fed on be loyal to them, as of they were the most important thing in the world. However, it depended on how much blood was drank. if it was only a few ounces, their feelings might be a bit more loving. However, if they drank several pints of blood from the victim, their feelings were severely changed."

"This curse was known as the Curse of the Mind. It could make anyone be loyal to you, given that you drank their blood. I stumbled upon this curse centuries ago. I had luckily removed the curse from our kind, and had killed the vampires who slaved ponies with the curse. But, it seems it wasn't all gone."

Luna looked me in the eyes. "Twilight, you have been cursed with The Curse of the Mind."

I blinked. And blinked again. And then again. And once more for good measure.

"What? Is there a way to get rid of the curse from me?"

Luna shook her head sadly. "The only way I was able to get rid of it was by killing those effected. I'm sorry . I had talked to Celestia about it when several vampires had it, and she had suggested getting rid of our kind all together."

I clenched my teeth together. Of course Celestia wanted to kill us all. Why was I surprised?

But there was no fucking cure! Of course there wasn't one! There never is a cure to things like this!

I sighed, which made Rarity come over and rub my back sympathetically. "It'll be okay, Mistress."

I suddenly thought of an idea. If I could technically make Rarity and Spike do what I want, I could make them act normally around everypony!

...Or, I could keep Rarity and Spike the way they are, and have them call me Mistress...

Ooh, yeah, that could work...

Wait! No! Urgh! Maybe I should just hold off on doing anything for now... Yeah, that sounded good.

I sighed and looked at Luna. "I think I'm just going to turn in for the night. It's almost day anyway."

"May I help you to bed, Mistress?" Spike asked gleefully.

I frowned. "No thanks. And please, just call me Twilight."

Spike nodded. "Okay... Twilight."

I climbed into the covers of my bed and snuggled into my pillow. "Goodnight, mom."

Luna walked to the door. "Goodnight, my star." She was about to leave, but hesitated. After a moment she added, "Twilight? You might want to tell your friends our story."

I closed my eyes to start to go to sleep. "Mmhmm. Okay mom. And please make sure Spike and Rarity have... Somewhere... To sleep..."

And with that, I had fallen asleep.

Comments ( 10 )

Pinkie glanced at me with a confused stare. I shrugged in response and looked at Rarity. This had to be a joke. She was joking! Right? I chuckled weakly. "Hahaha, Rarity. Very funny joke of yours, ha. I'd appreciate it if you stopped now, though."

I don't think this is a joke Twi...:twilightoops:.

I sat down on my bed with a heaving sigh. Rarity and Spike stood at the end of my bed, their eyes filled with love and admiration. What cruel incident could have happened to make them this way?

It may have something to do with you feeding off of her...:applejackunsure:.

"The curse made any creature, from ponies to dragons, that a vampony fed on be loyal to them, as of they were the most important thing in the world. However, it depended on how much blood was drank. if it was only a few ounces, their feelings might be a bit more loving. However, if they drank several pints of blood from the victim, their feelings were severely changed."

Oh my...:rainbowderp:.

Luna shook her head sadly. "The only way I was able to get rid of it was by killing those effected. I'm sorry . I had talked to Celestia about it when several vampires had it, and she had suggested getting rid of our kind all together."

Celestia...:applecry:.

I clenched my teeth together. Of course Celestia wanted to kill us all. Why was I surprised?

That's the thing, you really shouldn't be at this point:facehoof:. Still...did Celestia really have to kill all of them:applecry:?!

But there was no fucking cure! Of course there wasn't one! There never is a cure to things like this!

Eenope:ajsleepy:.

"May I help you to bed, Mistress?" Spike asked gleefully.

Oh not Spike too:facehoof:!!!

I climbed into the covers of my bed and snuggled into my pillow. "Goodnight, mom."

:rainbowkiss::heart:!

I closed my eyes to start to go to sleep. "Mmhmm. Okay mom. And please make sure Spike and Rarity have... Somewhere... To sleep..."

So Twilight does not have to wake up to them calling her Mistress again:rainbowlaugh:!!!

..... I had to put my face in my hands here. These two have to be some of the most irresponsible vampires I have ever seen lol. I mean Twilight feels so much like she doesn't care, like at all about her friends. She has stripped their free will away. Everything that made them who they are seems to now be gone in favor of them serving her and she doesn't seem to really care at all. I mean she found all this out and she just goes to bed, really? Not to mention the whole thing of making Celestia look like the big bad guy in this. .... Ooookkkaayy Twi you just, without even knowing, made two people your slaves, SLAVES, and it was said by Luna that your kind kept doing this and infected more and more ponies back then. Of course she would want to stop it. It was a virus that spread and ruined countless lives and families. LIKE SHE JUST DID TO TWO OF HER BEST FRIENDS. Luna also doesn't seem to care that her daughter now has this cures on her. One that will make her a target of ever race because she is a danger to every race. How could anyone trust her again when she could force herself on them and make them her slave. She is willing to hide what she has done instead of own up to it.

Idk it just seem like Twi isn't the intelligent bright mare she was in the canon anymore and now she is just a brat that can't control herself and only care about herself and her mother over everyone else. It is making her really unlikable to me and I can't help but wonder how many more lives is she going to ruin. Seriously are the girls just going to be okay with what happen, Hell if Luna going to encourage Twi to keep doing this even tho knowing how horrible this could go from seeing it first hand in the past? So many questions but I just want to see some redeeming quality to his Twi and Luna since I feel I haven't seen her do ANYTHING to make her likable in a long time.

9275377

Guess the vampony effects are kinda slow on Dragons then...... :trixieshiftright:

9400615
MOOOAAAARRRR!!!!:flutterrage: Please:fluttercry: Thank you in advance:yay:

Please update this!

Lol twi thralled them by accident.

This is a great story I hope for more updat soon

"What in Celestia's flaming tits happened to you two?" I questioned out loud.

Out of anything Twilight could say, she has to say that? The things I've seen on this site are deeply concerning but I'm not going to be able to be the image out anytime soon.




To be honest, knowing Twilight, she would probably be able to find a cure with how intelligent she is, also again, the voice is concerning.


Also what the fuck is up with Celestia in this story? Why is she evil? I mean seriously, they don't have control over how they look or what they do, they only have control over how they act.

To resort to killing an entire species just because of a few? Ya that's fucked up. That's like saying if 1 guy murders someone, then every guy on the entire planet goes to jail, it's not fair.


I hope this story gets continued and for the love of the stars, please don't make Twilight into some kind of vampire monster that goes on a rampage and starts forming an army of slaves and invades Equestria.

Login or register to comment