• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,605 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,605

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9: Tiger Lily's Dance Paradise

The night has come and the gala will be starting too. Everypony are making their way to the castle to the Grand Galloping Gala.

Twilight and her friends are getting ready for the dance tonight while Rarity is helping Tiger Lily get ready for the dance. Tiger Lily is excited yet very nervous about being in the gala. She may love to dance, but still feeling nervous about being in a big crowd, but she remember that her new friends will be there with her the whole time, so she has not much to worry about.

Rarity puts Tiger Lily's mane in a braid and happily says, "There you go. Now you're all ready for the gala tonight."

"Sure, I guess," Tiger Lily nervously replies.

The girls can tell that Tiger Lily is still a little scared of being in public with other ponies.

Twilight sadly asks, "Still a little nervous?"

"Yes," Tiger Lily sadly answers.

Fluttershy comes over to Tiger Lily with a calm smile and says, "Don't worry, we'll be there with you the whole night."

"But I never danced with anypony, just by myself and with my parents and animal friends," Tiger Lily nervously replies.

The Twilight says, "I understand that changes can be stressful, even scarey, but standing up to those fears will help you meet new ponies and discover more about yourself."

"I guess so," Tiger Lily calmly replies.

Then Rarity says, "And you're danced elegantly. I'm sure you will do great at the gala."

Tiger Lily is kind of surprised to hear the girls talking about her. In fact, Tiger Lily has no idea what she's missing in her life with other ponies other than her parents. She starting to see what it like to have other ponies for friends.

Tiger Lily smile and happily says, "Thank you."

After some time, The girls including Tiger Lily are now ready for the gala and they are all very excited about having fun at the gala.

Just then they hear a knock on the door.

Twilight says, "Come in."

The door opens and Princess Cadence and Shining Armor comes into the room.

Twilight happily says, "Hi Cadence. Hi Shining Armor."

"Hi girls, how are you doing?" Cadence happily says.

"We're fine Princess Cadence," Fluttershy answers.

Then Shining Armor says, "That's good. How is your friend doing?"

"A little nervous still, but she'll do fine," Rarity answers.

"I hope," Tiger Lily replies still feeling a bit scared.

Applejack comes up to Tiger Lily and says, "You have nothing to fret, everything is going to be fine."

"And you're going to be at the biggest and best party of the year!" Pinkie screams happily.

"I guess," Tiger Lily answers with a small smiles.

Then Rarity opens the door and says, "Now that you're dressed up and looking fabulous, It's time for you to shine!"

With that everyone is heading for the gala including Tiger Lily. Tiger Lily is glad that the ponies are helping her with her socializing with her own kind and she is kind of starting to get excited unit…

She sees the crowd at the bottom of the stairs. She can see so many ponies in one room and starting to get nervous again and hides behind Twilight.

"Wow! It's a full house!" Pinkie loudly says.

"And look there's the Wonderbolts," Rainbow says.

"And there's Discord and the Smooze," Fluttershy replies happily.

Rainbow hears it and bluntly says, "Great."

"Yippie!" Pinkie cheers.

The girls are too busy about the wonderful night that they are not noticing Tiger Lily is hiding behind Twilight right now.

Spike comes over and pats her on the head to calm her down.

Spike says, "Don't worry Tiger Lily, you'll be fine."

"Thanks Spike," Tiger Lily says with a small smile.

The Twilight says, "Tiger Lily. It's time for you to come with me and the princesses."

"Okay," Tiger Lily answers feeling glad to have Twilight with her.

Tiger Lily then starts to follow Twilight to where the other princesses. Tiger Lily looks down as she walk to see all the ponies she's going to meet. She feels nervous, but she is curious to see all the ponies waiting for her.

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence are glad to see Twilight coming with her new friend and are just about to ready to make their announcement. Everypony stop what they're doing in order to listen to the princess announcement.

Princess Celestia comes up to the microphone and says, "Mares and Gentlecolts. Welcome to the Grand Galloping Gala. we are very happy you all can make it tonight."

Everypony starts to cheer happily at the announcement. Of course, the princesses are going to introduce them to Tiger Lily.

"Before we get started we want to introduce you to a very special pony. Around a week ago, Princess Twilight and her friends meet an alicorn that none of us are aware of," Princess Celestia adds to her announcement.

Everyone in the crowd are kind of confused when they hear about an alicorn that no one is aware of. Twilight and Twilight comes over so that they can get a closer look at her new friend.

Twilight happily announces, "Everyone we would like to introduce you to our new friend, Tiger Lily."

When Tiger Lily shows up next to Twilight, everyone gasp in surprised to see her. They never know that she existed. Tiger Lily is more surprised to see so many ponies in one room. The problem is that it's starting to overwhelm her a bit. She starts to shake nervously and hides behind Twilight. The princesses see it and should have known that how she is going to react. Her friends notice this too and can see that she is getting stage fright.

Applejack worriedly says, "I don't think she like being stared at like that."

"I don't blame her for being so nervous," Fluttershy replies.

"Glad that Twilight and the other princesses are with her," Rarity adds.

Twilight turns behind her and hoping to calm Tiger Lily down. The princesses come to Twilight aid in order to comfort their friend. Tiger Lily look to see them with her and can see she isn't alone. Tiger Lily finally has the courage to get up and face everyone in the room, but still showing a nervous look on her face.

Then Princess Celestia says, "Yes I understand that a new alicorn is a surprise, but I want you all to make her feel welcome."

Everyone agree with the princesses about trying to make sure Tiger Lily feels at home and hope they get a chance to know her too.

The Twilight says, "Then let's get started on this magical evening!"

With that, everyone start to enjoy themselves at the gala. Twilight and her friends can't wait to have a good time with Tiger Lily.

Twilight turns to Tiger Lily and says, "Come on Tiger Lily."

"Let's go have some fun!" Pinkie cheerfully says.

With that Twilight and her friends, along with Tiger Lily walk down stairs to enjoy the part. To her, it's almost like she in a whole different world like a fairy tale.

Then Pinkie cheerfully asks, "So what do you want to do first? You want to head to the dining room, the dance floor, the garden, or maybe..."

Before Pinkie can ask some more, Applejack covers her mouth and says, "Simmer down Pinkie. You don't want to scare her."

"Oops! Sorry," Pinkie replies with an apologizing smile.

Then Rainbow asks, "So where do you want to go?"

Tiger lily starts to think about what she wants to do for the gala. There are so many things to do that she can't think of anything to do there.

Tiger Lily blushes when she starts to hear and feel her stomach grown.

She sheepishly says, "I am a little hungry."

Spike laugh a little and says, "I guess it's about time for us to have some dinner."

"Well, let's get something to eat!" Pinkie says with excitement.

Everyone start to look at Pinkie looking a bit confused. Then again they can't seem to tell what goes on with Pinkie sometimes.

Pinkie shrugs her shoulders and says, "What?! I'm hungry!"

Then Rainbow says with excitement, "Let's grab some grub!"

With that, the group of friends decide to go get something to eat. After getting their food and finding a seat. They are enjoying their food. Tiger Lily is a little better, but still a little shy seeing so many ponies here.

Rarity starts to notice Tiger Lily is getting a little scared and says, "Don't worry darling, everypony here is very nice."

"If you say so," Tiger Lily replies softly.

The girls and Spike are glad Tiger Lily is feeling a little better from time to time. They also know that Tiger Lily still needs time in order to used to being around others.

As they are having their dinner, a familiar voice calls out, "Hey Rainbow Dash!"

The others turn to see Spitfire and the other Wonderbolt and see they are heading towards the group of friends.

Rainbow happily says, "Hey Spitfire!"

Twilight turns to Rainbow and whispers to her ear, "This is the good opportunity for Tiger Lily to meet the Wonderbolts."

Rainbow nods her head agreeing to Twilight's idea.

When the Wonderbolts come to the table where Twilight and the others are, Spitfire says, "Hi Rainbow."

"Hey Spitfire, how it hanging?" Rainbow asks happily.

"Doing good," Spitfire answers happily.

Rainbow notice that someone is missing from the group of ponies.

Rainbow Dash asks, "Where's Soarin?"

"Take a wild guess," Spitfire says as she rolls her eyes with a smile.

Rainbow turns to see Soarin at one of the tables eating an apple pie. Rainbow laughs because she and the others know that he loves apple pie very much.

"Eating apple pie, huh," Rainbow bluntly says.

Spitfire laughs and says, "You know it."

Everyone in the group starts to laugh after seeing Soarin eating the pie and loving it too. Just then, Spitfire notice Tiger Lily and wants to meet her.

Spitfire says, "Hello."

Tiger Lily flinches after hearing Spitfire calling her. The girls can tell that her is still nervous, but it's a good way for her to make new friends.

Spitfire suspects, "Now, I'm guessing she's the new alicorn everypony is talking about at the party."

"She sure is," Rainbow answers.

Rainbow turns to Tiger Lily with a smile on her face, but can see Tiger Lily is still feeling a bit skeptic about meeting others.

Rainbow says, "Tiger Lily this is Spitfire."

She then takes Tiger Lily in order to introduce her to Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts.

Then Rainbow calmly says to Tiger Lily, "She's a friend of mine."

Tiger Lily nervously says, "Um... hello my name is… Tiger Lily,"

"Hello Tiger Lily. Name's Spitfire, nice to meet ya," Spitfire says with a smile.

Tiger Lily can tell that Spitfire is very nice. Then she shyly says, "Nice to meet you too."

The girls can tell that Tiger Lily is feeling a bit more confident about meeting new ponies. She then starts to blush a little and step back a little after introducing herself.

Spitfire turns to Rainbow and says, "She seems a bit shy."

"Yeah. She's still getting used to being around other ponies," Rainbow answers.

"I see. Well, I need to get back to the other. I'll see you around," Spitfire says.

Then she and the other Wonderbolts leave to do their own thing like talking to other ponies or fans of theirs.

"Bye," the girls and Spike says.

"Don't worry Tiger Lily, you're doing good so far," Twilight replies.

"Okay," Tiger Lily says with a smile.

Just then Discord and the smooze come to the table with smiles on their faces. The girls and Spike are feeling a bit skeptic on introducing Tiger Lily to Discord's slimy friend, especially of what happened the last time the smooze he's been to the gala.

"Hey girls, how are you enjoying the gala?" Discord asks happily.

"We're doing fine and I can see the smooze is joining you too," Fluttershy answers with a smile.

Tiger Lily is a bit curious about the green creature that is with Discord. She decides to take a closer look at him and can tell the smooze isn't something she seen before. The girls and Spike are surprised that Tiger Lily is actually getting close to the smooze with out being scared at all.

Tiger Lily is in front of the smooze and says, "Hello. My name is Tiger Lily."

The smooze isn't saying anything. Instead, the smooze smiles and give Tiger Lily a big kiss. Everyone gasp with a shock seeing that the smooze kiss her and covers her cheek in slime, but Tiger Lily starts to giggle after being kissed. They sigh with relief and can tell that the smooze isn't scaring her at all.

Twilight surprisingly say, "Wow! She seems so calm around the smooze."

"I wonder why?" Spike asks while scratching his head.

"Maybe it's because the smooze is a creature she never seen before," Rarity suggests.

"Reminds me how I felt when I first met creature I never seen before," Fluttershy replies smiling at Tiger Lily.

"Either way our dear new friend is comfortable around Tiger Lily," Discord adds.

Then Rarity suggest, "Maybe we should go to the dance floor and let everypony see that Tiger Lily is a great dancer."

"That a good idea Rarity," Twilight says liking the idea.

"That sounds wonderful, mind if we join you?" Discord ask sounding excited.

The smooze smiles and eagerly shakes his body with excitement.

"Of course you can come with us," Fluttershy adds with a smile.

Then Pinkie happily screams, "Come on everypony, let's dance!"

With that, Pinkie, Discord, the smooze, and the others decide to go to the dance floor and are happy to go dancing.

Then Rarity grabs Tiger Lily with the hoof and happily says, "Come on Tiger Lily, it's time for you to dance like you're the bell of the ball."

"You are going to love it," Pinkie says with a smile.

Tiger Lily is excited that she is able to dance, but she doesn't know the kind of dancing ponies do in the gala. She can see ponies are talking, dancing, and having food on her way to the ballroom.

Right now, the girls, Spike, Discord, the Smooze and Tiger Lily are at the dance floor and can some ponies are dancing and hearing beautiful music.

Right now everyone are starting to dance to the music that is playing. Tiger Lily dance with the smooze and she is having a good time. The girls, Spike and Discord, even the princesses can see that Tiger Lily is very happy. They wish there is a way for her to show everyone her elegant dancing. Just then the music stops after they finish with the song.

Octavia comes up to the microphone and announces, "Alright everypony it's time for our partners rotation dance. Mares make an inner circle, and stallions make an outer circle."

Everyone does what Octavia says and begin to make two circles over each other. Tiger Lily is kind of confused at first, but then follow to where the mares are and position herself where the other mares are.

"Ready?" Octavia asks with the microphone close to her.

Everypony are ready to dance through the night. Then on cue, Octavia and her band starts to play music. The ponies also begins to dance. The stallions use their hoof to help the mares twirl in a circle then the stallions move to the next mare. During the dance the girls are having a grand time dancing.

Rarity asks in her thoughts while dancing, "I wonder if Tiger Lily is alright dancing with somepony else?"

"Rarity turns to see Tiger Lily is dancing with a stallion named Neon Light and she doesn't seem to be scared at all. In fact she seems to be having a good time.

Rarity smile and says in her thoughts, "She's really having a good time. I'm so glad."

Thought out the time everypony are having a grand time at the gala, especially Tiger Lily she is glad that she get's to do something that she really loves. As they are dancing Discord has come up with a great idea. He remember Fluttershy telling him about Tiger Lily's special gift beside animals, but dancing and magic too, and he wants to make the night extra special for her. Then the band memoirs finish playing the music.

Discord comes up to the band members and create a steel box around himself and the pony band members. Everyone is kind of confused and wondering what is going on.

The girls, Spike, and the smooze are wonder what is Discord doing with Octavia and her group. They are beginning to think that Discord is up to something.

Twilight questionably asks," What is he doing?"

"I have no idea," Rainbow says sounding confused.

Then the princesses and Shining Armor also enter the dance floor wondering what Discord is doing.

Shining Armor says, "Whatever he's doing, I hope he doesn't do thing that will cause problems like last time."

"We certainly don't want to go through something like that again," Princess Luna says firmly.

"I'm sure Discord won't do anything that will give ponies grief," Princess Cadence replies.

After sometime discussing, Discord make the box disappear. Now everypony is going to find out what is going on.

Discord brings out a microphone and announces, "Good evening everypony. I'm sure everypony is having a great time at the gala."

Everyone are still not understanding what is going on. They are having a good time, but they are wondering what Discord is up to.

Then Discord says, "Since we're close to end the gala, I thought it will be marvelous idea that we have a little something extra."

Rainbow suspiciously says," Why do I get the feeling he's going to something weird."

"You can say that again," Twilight replies.

"Oh, I'm sure Discord means well and hope it isn't anything to chaotic," Fluttershy says sounding so sure of Discord behavior.

Then Discord announce, "Tonight, I will like my dear new friend Tiger Lily to end a gala with a little dance."

Everyone are surprised and are confused to the idea Discord has in mind for a special extra to the gala. Twilight and the others are shocked that Discord wants Tiger Lily to end the gala with her dancing. Tiger Lily on is rather shocked that Discord wants her to dance in front of everypony at the gala, but Discord seems that she really want to do Lily decides to make her way to the stage to see Discord.

When she does, Discord notice her walking on the stage.

He comes up to her and says, "And here she is our special guest will be performing for this evening."

Everypony starts to clap and can't wait to see what Tiger Lily has to show for tonight. The girls and the others are kind of worried about Tiger Lily and hope she will be alright.

Tiger Lily turns to Discord and asks, "Discord, are you sure you want me to dance. I… I haven't prepare anything and what if nopony likes me.

Discord says, "Everypony will love you. Fluttershy wrote to me on how you're a great dancer and don't worry I told them what song will be perfect for you. Also…"

Discord conjures up a small box in his lion paw. Tiger Lily is curious to wonder what Discord has in the box.

Discord opens the box and says, "Here's a little something you can use as well and you need to use your magic for this."

Tiger Lily looks in the box to see 6 small jeweled berries. There's one in orange, cyan blue, light yellow, pink, purple, and white. Tiger Lily is amazed to see the jewels and use her magic to levitates them. She can tell there is something special about them and decides to use them in the show.

Discord leaves the stage and cue the lights. The lights shines on Tiger Lily and she can see that everypony is waiting for her to start. On cue the music starts to play. When Tiger Lily use her magic to light up the jewels they make a beautiful melody sound.

watch?v=ZZ69Cs0zazI the song used for the performance.

At the moment Tiger Lily hears the song that is playing and for some reason the music feels so beautiful and elegant. The songs feels so connected to her and she use her magic along with the jewels to glow. She then starts to fly. She then use her magic to create the color streams from the jewels fly all over the room. Tiger Lily starts to sing like she is an angel.

Tiger Lily starts to fly up in the air. During the time, Tiger Lily feels the the song flowing through her mind and dancing in the air like a beautiful bird in the wind. Everyone is in awed seeing Tiger Lily having special talent. Then, at the ending of the song the magical stream disappear and the jewels are now circling around Tiger Lily. Then Tiger Lily lowers herself down to the ground and feels like there's nopony else but her in her dream.

Just then Tiger Lily opens her eyes to see everypony is staring at her. She isn't sure that everypony like her performance. Just then everypony starts to clap and cheer for Tiger Lily for putting on a great and elegant performance. Her friends are even cheering for her. Tiger Lily is very glad that everypony loves her dance and the way she use her magic for it.

After The gala and Tiger Lily's performance."

Everypony are leaving the gala and are tired from the great time that they all have. Twilight and her friends, along with Tiger Lily are staying at the castle tonight and hopefully to show Tiger Lily Canterlot tomorrow.

In one of the guest rooms:

Tiger Lily is getting ready for bed. She can't seem to stop think about how wonderful the dance is and Discord is able to make it even more special for her.

Just then Fluttershy, Rarity and Twilight comes into the room to see how Tiger Lily is doing.

Twilight says, "Hi Tiger Lily, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, just feeling a tired from the dance," Tiger Lily answers.

"Well, I must say, you did elegantly tonight. Everypony can't stop talking about you," Rarity says with a smile.

"You… really think so?" Tiger Lily asks nervously.

"Of course darling, you might be the next big thing in Canterlot," Rarity adds with pride.

Then Fluttershy says, "And tomorrow we'll be showing you all of canterlot, but this time you'll be with us."

Tiger Lily starts to smile that she has just great friends.

Then she says, "Thank you girls, for everything."

"It's no problem darling," Rarity replied happily.

"But now it's time for you to sleep we going to show you Canterlot tomorrow." Fluttershy adds.

"Good night girls," Tiger Lily says.

"Good night," The girls says.

Tiger Lily starts to head to bead while the girls leave the room. When the girls leave Tiger Lily turns off the light and starts to fall asleep. She think that this is one of the best days of her life and can't wait to see what will go on tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Song used from Pokemon Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade, Melloeta's song.

watch?v=ZZ69Cs0zazI the song used for the performance.

PreviousChapters Next