• Published 27th May 2017
  • 773 Views, 56 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Short Stories - SweetAI Belle



A small collection of drabbles, flash fics, and short stories.

  • ...
3
 56
 773

Defying Gravity

"Follow the Yellow Brick Road?"

The Wizard of Oz was a great musical, and Sweetie Belle was always happy to see it. Lots of spin-offs, too.

She couldn't help to think there'd be certain practical issues with some of the things in it, though.


"Dumb costume. I knew I should have triple-checked everything..."

"Missing something?" A dark and mysterious stranger held out a broom.

She grabbed it with both hands. "Yes. How did you know? It was the most important—"

*Poof*

She blinked. Had it been too convenient? Her costume was perfect with the broom, though. Maybe too perfect. Somehow the green on her hands didn't seem like makeup. Still, what did it matter? She started to laugh.

"EeHeHeHeHe! I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog Toto, too!"

She jumped on her broom, which sent her soaring upwards, unlike any normal broom. She zipped and dashed and whirled through the air with ease.

A blue figure joined her. "Hey, you're pretty good. Want to race?"

A torrent of water suddenly hit her.

"Thunderlane, next Tuesday is rain! Sorry about that," the figure continued. "Hey! Where'd she go?"

Author's Note:

This was from the Flashfic contest for August 2018, with a prompt of "The Most Important Things".

It's obviously also my own silly take on the Displaced genre.