• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 935 Views, 191 Comments

Space Horse - TheMajorTechie



Gadget has finally completed her portal back to Equestria. Except... that's not where the portal leads.

  • ...
4
 191
 935

Log 4103: Space

The HUD in my helmet tells that around a day has passed since we arrived. I still feel like we're floating... somewhere...

Slowly, with a groan, I opened an eye. It was just as I feared... the portal led us to the wrong location, and from the looks of it, that wrong location is a freakin' space station.

Ugh.

From the corner of my eye, I can see that Delmar's also quite awake as well-- and clearly panicking. I highly doubt that he expected to wake up floating upside-down with a book on his head, anyways. I'd panic too, if I were him.

I turned back around to take a look from the viewfinder on the controls.

OOoooooh crap.

So, y'know how we were ejected from the portal at a high velocity? And how the portal misled us into a space station? Those mice survived because they were small enough to not disturb the portal, and also able to breathe in the space station... whatever it's called. As for our capsule thingy, that was apparently a bit too big. I'm rotating the viewfinder all around, but I see no signs of any portal. On top of that, we apparently accidentally crushed a large portion of this particular room in the station from the velocity of our capsule.

I have a feeling that we've just screwed ourselves over. Hold on, I'm pretty sure that if we're in space... wouldn't it still be possible to contact satellites?

Lemme check... disable airplane mode, re-enable network connections, and... connected!

Um... Ranell?

Hey. Wait, I thought that you'd be disconnected when you reached Equestria!

Yeah... about that.

Please don't tell me that you exited in the Everfree Forest.

Nope! We collided with a space station!

Okay the--WHAT?!

I highly doubt that it's the ISS though. I don't really see anyone onboard either, so this is either an under-construction model, or it's a derelict old thing. Idunno. I don't see any sort of labeling or branding here.

Here... just turn on your video feed for a moment. I don't feel like snooping into your tablet's controls right now to do it myself.

Sure.

Okay then. Just point the camera at the viewfinder's screen now. I don't need to see Delmar there doing the chicken dance of crazy.

Heh. Okay.

Wow... yeah, most of this room is just gone.

Let's just ignore the destruction for now and focus on HOW THE CRAP I'M GONNA GET HOME.

Well... the portal collapsed on itself back here, but we could try to reopen a smaller one in the meantime to send supplies.

Yeah, do that, I guess. It's two-way, if I remember correctly. Right?

Yes, I can probably get a cleanroom cleared out to send and receive items using the portal.

Good, 'cause I'm feeling hungry, and I'm pretty sure that Delmar needs, like, a tranquilizer or something.

Also Gadget, you may want to repair the damage in the meantime.You'll be up there until we can either send a shuttle, or until we're able to create a more stabilized portal.

Ain't that obvious.

Yup. I'ma go get the team rounded up to go over plans and stuff, since you're not exactly here anymore to direct anyone.

I turned to Delmar, who had somehow went from freaking out back to being perfectly chill, reading the same book. That man clearly has had problems ever since the whole me-on-the-news fiasco practically jump-started him a mid-life crisis.

Well... I guess that I could try welding our capsule to the remaining intact pieces of the space station, considering as to how the portion we apparently crushed is literally shattered, into millions of pieces.

So yeah. Delmar and I are probably gonna be trapped up here for a little while. I'd might as well take a look around the place, considering how I've already got an airtight suit on anyways. Obviously, it's still gonna be dangerous though. Which is exactly the reason why I've got a force-field up and running already. It's actually pretty easy to make one, anyways. All you have to do is levitate and hold the material of the force field in a static position, or at least relative to the position of what the field is meant to protect, and--

"Alright... Gadget? How the f*** did we get here?"

Huh. Delmar finally realized what was going on without freaking. That's always nice.

Now then, on to the work I've gotta do now.

I unclasped the seat belts, and slowly tumbled/floated towards the exit hatch. My space-suit was already on anyways, and just for good measure, when the airlock releases, I'm gonna be trapping a bubble of air inside my force-field for good measure. Delmar worriedly watched as I entered the air-lock. I turned around, staring straight into his face.

I proceeded to shrug, and cram my hoof onto the airlock button, and careened out the back of the capsule.

It's kinda relaxing, in quite a weird way, to just slowly float away from it all. Nothing dramatic, mind you. Just slowly, slowly, drifting away.

Oh yeah, rope. Eh. I can levitate myself. Kinda like how Starlight Glimmer did it in the episodes, too. From what I can tell, she just pretty much formed a solidified shell of air around herself, using it as a moldable pocket to carry herself in. Though, in my case, it was literally just harvesting nearby bits of destroyed space station, and creating a hardened shell that I could bounce myself off of. 'Cause with such a small amount of air available in my bubble, solidifying and holding that in place would be disastrous.


Okay, so I've now come over onto the space station side, and holy freakin' geez, is this thing big. Now that I think about it, this might actually be a section of the decommissioned old ISS, from before they built and launched the new and improved model. Sweet!

Now then, onto the welding.

Author's Note:

Do y'all think that I should continue color-coding messages between Gadget and Ranell from now on?

Gadget's text is normal black, while Ranell will be this blueish-purple.