• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 569 Views, 2 Comments

The Untold History of Equis - macbow333



What if we only knew part of the truth from what we see in Equestria? Care to find out more with me?

  • ...
 2
 569

Dragons and Demons

Dragons existed before I was made, but their lifespans are still limited to a few hundred years or a millennium at maximum, so says my Creator. The Creator made them about twenty-five years before me as guardians and warriors to protect everypony from the Fallen Ones, but He realized that as the Fallen Ones grew in number, not even his dragons could keep up with suppressing them. That is why he created me and caused the Cataclysm. He still had a purpose for the dragons, but it would still be too much for them if the Creator did not make me. If any demon came through the Warped Zones, the dragons would attempt to detain them until I arrived.

The dragons were hit the hardest by the initial surges of evil from the crossing over of the demons into the normal world. Over time, this weakened their focus on the Master’s purpose. I have become very wary around the now temperamental dragons. I keep offering to restore them, but only few have accepted my offer. The demons have now also become aware of the dragons’ weakness of mind and have started to target them on some of their forays into this world. For they sometimes fall back through the Warped Zones by the time I arrive. Most of the dragons do not trust me anymore, or feel unfounded shame for not holding them off until I arrive, even after I remind them that if the demons return to Tartarus that is success as well. I hope that the dragon race may be redeemed to their original faithful state someday.

It seems the Evil One has chosen to afflict dragons with demons of avarice. It is very difficult to exorcise these types of demons for dragons, who do have a nature that drives them to acquire. They only seek gems in their natural state, for gems are their nutrients and the power for their fire. However, under demonic oppression, they take things they do not need, but are not satisfied after they get what they chose to take.

Even after weakening the afflicted dragon, the demons would rather destroy their “toy” than give it back to the Creator. After so many battles with these demons in the realm of the mind it is becoming difficult to find their weak points and send them out of the dragons and back through the Warped Zone. Thankfully, by the grace of the Creator, before I am completely exhausted, He provides a way for me to succeed in sending the demons away to Tartarus. I am growing stronger overtime, but so are they, or so it seems to me.

Before one battle, I picked up some other stray thoughts. These were about the “foolish creatures” of this world letting the Rebel come to it from Tartarus. I also heard more about this “other world,” in a simple comparison. Though the demons believed that all creatures were bugs to be squashed, the ponies of this world were altogether different from and weaker than the “humans” – whatever those are – from the other world. The demon was also disgruntled about being trapped in the assault on this world once he came to Tartarus. I am frightened that there could be a worse place than Tartarus in any reality, if there really was more than one. The demons might be trying to distract me from my defense of this world against them.

I am beginning to think that the restoration spell simply moves their madness and fears to me and the mental duels with the demons exacerbate it. For doing so leaves me in immobile agony for a few brief hours after each battle. I think that I feel this pain because the thought patterns are not something that I allow myself to think and my body is rejecting, yet unable to purge those thoughts. Even so, I shall bear this burden and many more besides for the sake of the call of my Creator for this planet he made me to defend.

I feel anxious for the next battle, now that I have finally recuperated from my most recent battle. It may be another few centuries before I remember to write in these journals once again, but nevertheless, I will write of this secret war, my little ones. Farewell.

-Paladin