• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 569 Views, 2 Comments

The Untold History of Equis - macbow333



What if we only knew part of the truth from what we see in Equestria? Care to find out more with me?

  • ...
 2
 569

Portals and Parasprites

As I travel Equis, I map it out from the sky and mark from where these creatures and demons come. I am beginning to see a pattern that indicates that the Rebel is using thirteen dimensional rifts, which I shall call Warped Zones, between Tartarus and this normal world. There are six on both continents and one on a floating island on the seas. I also see a lack of parallel timelines, because he can send his demonic servants back into battle after they lick their wounds from our previous encounters, which happens at infrequent, sometimes brief intervals.

My most recent bout with evil involved some very hungry little creatures. These parasitic sprites, Parasprites for the sake of brevity, were consuming the food in the forest surrounding this Warped Zone, which would make it quite difficult for the native species to live in the Pony-less area. I knew that I had to stop them.

The demon noticed me as soon as I entered the area, because he forced the Parasprites to form a disgusting pastel form of a rotund, three-headed demon. I did pick up a stray thought though. It was something about this world being far easier to conquer than the other one the Rebel was trying to overcome. With a raspy voice of many he said, “Who are you to come to this place, Pony of red and mane of orange? Your kind is incapable of overcoming us.”

To which I responded, “I am unlike all those who live. I was created to defend this world from you and those like you from covering this world in evil as you almost did before. You shall not overcome me.”

“I think you are just a foal. You may think you can beat me back into Tartarus,” he proclaimed, “but let me tell you, you cannot strike that which is intangible.” At that, he scattered the Parasprites and they attacked, biting and gnawing at me. At the time, I did not consider whether he spoke the truth or not about being intangible in this world, but now, with time to reflect, I have obvious reasons to doubt the demon’s honesty. He was trying to conquer this world with the rest of his kind, so why would he tell one who stood against him about any weakness his kind may have had.

Back to the action though, I quickly sent out a repulsing and disorienting blast and took to the sky. I realized that, even with the speed and skill I had so far acquired, I could not eliminate them one at a time with targeted spells. I needed to keep the demon focused on catching up to and attacking me while I figured out how to stop all of the Parasprites at once along with the demon controlling them. I let him close the distance a little ways but always pulled ahead when he got close to keep him after me.

I then heard my Creator question me, “Why do you focus on the enemy behind you when you should be focused on the Lord who loves you?”

This confession of love by my Creator made me want to praise Him with my whole being. So, as I flew, I began to sing a song of praise, and, as I banked, I saw that the Parasprites had slowed considerably and were trying to dance to the tune I sang, but the demon’s roar was heard over my song. I kept singing though, seeing that, for some odd reason, it seemed to make him lose control over the Parasprites. I called out to nearby creatures to sing along with me if they could. As they did, the Parasprites went down to the ground and started to smile and hop around in a sort of dance, to the fury of the demon.

I discovered that all of the Rebel’s fallen allies have at least one fatal flaw in their plans, and that it is always there, no matter how much it is protected. These Parasprites have a weakness for music of any kind, with or without lyrics. Their demonic controller cried out for it to stop. While keeping the song going, I convinced him that the only way to escape the music was to release control of the dancing Parasprites and go back to Tartarus through the Warped Zone. I saw that the Parasprites did not need to be destroyed, and in some way, had a purpose designed by the Creator. They might even be used as part of an object lesson some day in the future.

It also interests me that, sometimes, the simplest solutions can solve the most complex problems. Though it was my normal way of emerging victorious over these monsters and demons, I did not need increasingly complex spells, or to out maneuver, or even out think my enemy. All I needed to do was praise my Creator for his greatness and righteous love.

I sense evil rising somewhere else. This must be taken care of immediately. I am glad that, through the providence of my loving Creator, I had time enough to write this down for you. When I get the opportunity, more of this secret war shall be revealed to you. Farewell for now my little ones.

-Paladin