• Published 31st Mar 2017
  • 990 Views, 14 Comments

Old Records and Spray Paint - Dunglord



All he does is stay inside all day, there has to be something that could get him out, right?

  • ...
5
 14
 990

Chapter 4

Ponies stared at me as I walked down the street reading the newspaper. The sun had barely risen, and Celestia was still asleep, probably. That didn't stop many ponies from making their morning commute to work.

Human Pardoned For Vandalism

The Human known as Maxwell has been pardoned by Princess Celestia for over 200 counts of vandalism under the condition that he continues produces art in a legal fashion instead. Starting with creating a mural on a wall just outside of the Royal Castle. When asked why he chose to vandalism the city with the help of Princess Luna, he replied by saying that he did it as a prank on Celestia.

I sighed as I dumped the paper in a passing garbage bin. More ponies were staring, absolutely fan-fucking-tastic. I approached a blank wall that was being guarded by two guards. As soon as I came near they approached me and started speaking.

"Maxwell, we will leave everything in your hands." The guards said before walking away. Well I guess it was time. I wrapped my bandanna around my face and took off my sweatshirt before getting to work.

[Listening Material] - [Rock] [Rap]

I picked up the spray paint can and shoot it vigorously while staring at the wall wondering where to start. I finally stopped shaking the can and walked over to the wall and started at the bottom, I drew the outline of a human bust shot and an arm extending from the left, with the hand leading into a water gun pointed at the head. By this point, I had drawn a larger crowd. walking over to the right of the mural, I started drawing jagged clouds that spread out the further it got from the head. Satisfied with the outline, I filled a paint pan with black paint and started filling in the body and hand.

At this point there were at least five news crews around, including one from Equestia daily, I could barely make out that they were talking into the camera, bingo. I walked over to the news reporter and listened in.

"This creature may have been pardoned by Princess Celestia, but is he really safe? Will he plan something like this in the Future?" I tapped her on the shoulder. Visibly startled she turned around. "Oh, yes?" She asked.

"May I borrow the mic for a second." I asked. She extended it towards me, surprised that I could speak. I grabbed the mic and prepared myself to speak, making sure that I would not laugh while I did it. "Alright, hey Kids! Don't do School, Eat your drugs, and stay in vegetables!" I said into the mic. The camera pony was laughing at the absurdity of what I had just said while the news pony just facehoofed. I handed the mic back towards the camera pony who was still in stitches and walked back over to my work.

"I guess that answered our first question." The news pony said into the mic.

About halfway through the day, Luna came to visit me. I watched as she glided down to the ground.

"You made Tia spit out her morning coffee with your little prank." She said with a smirk on her face I just grinned.

"I'll take that as a compliment, now are you gonna help or just stare?"

"Stare." She replied before gliding up to top of the wall

"Of course you are." I muttered as I picked up the roller and went back to work. "So how was your day miss night sky?"

"Miss night sky?"

"Miss Sunshine is reserved for sun butt." She snickered at that.

"Sweet Faust, you really are immature." She giggled while sitting on top of the wall in a very un-princess like fashion. "Why are you wearing that bandanna anyways?"

"Because I always wear it whenever I do street art." She just rolled her eyes.

At the end of the day when the sun was set and the moon was in full blast, I saw Celestia fly down from they sky, A frown planted on her face.

"Evening Celly! How you doin'?" I asked, knowing the answer.

"You can't go one day without making trouble, can you." She replied, landing down onto the ground.

"Evening sister." Luna said from the top of the wall.

"Evening Lulu," Celestia replied before turning back to me. "Take that silly bandanna off your face, you're not a criminal, so why are you wearing it?"

I started packing up all my gear as I began to speak, "Because it's a tradition to hide who you are when you do shit like this without the permission of other people. Even though what I do now is legal, I keep it as a reminder of where I started." I loaded up my things into the cart that the guard ponies had left earlier. "Even then, I'm making it a tradition to wear this whenever I paint in public because it obviously pisses you off." I looked towards her with a cheeky smile which was useless because of the bandana I wore. This just caused her to facehoof, much to the pleasure of her currently chuckling sister. I hooked myself to the wagon and started walking towards the castle.

[The Next Day]

I had swapped my paint roller and spray paint for a paint brush. There were more ponies standing around the wall when I first arrived than yesterday. The staring was still very unnerving.

"Alright, Alright, I get it, I'm a mysterious fuckin' creature, That doesn't mean you guys should stare the whole damn time." I yelled, they looked towards the ground sheepishly and I went back to work.

I added the finishing touched to the project and stepped back from it. It was a human silhouette holding a water gun to his head, but instead of blood coming out of the other side, the blood splatters had been replaced with flowers. I could hear luna land behind me as I stared at my work.

"Breaking rule 1, are we?" She said.

"That was different, what we were doing was illegal, this is legal, no need for that here." I spoke underneath my bandanna. Still staring at my work.

"What are you going call it?"

"Censorship."

"You are so dramatic." She replied while I loaded everything onto my cart.

"Too bad, that's it's name." I replied while walking away.

Author's Note:

Songs used.
Chicago - Listen
Critical Madness & Joell Ortiz - To The Top