• Published 31st Mar 2017
  • 989 Views, 14 Comments

Old Records and Spray Paint - Dunglord



All he does is stay inside all day, there has to be something that could get him out, right?

  • ...
5
 14
 989

Chapter 3

[The Next Week]

I breathed in and out rapidly, nervous as fuck. Tonight was the night. I was sitting down on the couch in my jeans and sweatshirt with a bandanna tied underneath my sweatshirts collar. A flat cap was firmly planted on top of my head. I looked around the room, the stencils were lined up against the wall. Next thing I know my vision was replaced with blue and I was momentarily falling towards the ground. I crashed with a thud.

"Ow."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I heard Luna say, I got up and noticed that I was in her bedchambers. "Are you OK?"

"I've been better." I groaned out. I stood up, it may have been a Wednesday, but we weren't listening to music today. I turned to face. She was no longer wearing her royal regalia, instead, she was wearing a hoodie. Her mane a tail, instead of being ethereal, looked like a normal ponies hair, which was sky blue. "Nice look, it really suits what we are about to do." She smiled at me.

"Thanks!" She replied.

"Alright, before we start, we need to set a few ground rules. Rule one, don't stay to admire your work, we have all day tomorrow to do that." She nodded. "Rule two, if you see the authorities, run. Run and don't stop. In this case, teleport me and you back to the castle. Worst come to worst, just bail me out of jail later and make sure that I only have to do community service." She spoke up this time.

"I should be able to teleport both of us back here." She responded.

"Ok that good, now let me ask you one la-"

"Yes, I know that we are doing something illegal. now can we go?" She said with a scowl on her face.

"Fine, let's do this." I said pulling up my bandanna so it covered my mouth and nose, she nodded her head and levitated the paint cans and templates and started walking out towards the balcony. She also levitated me up in the air and onto her back. "Luna, please don't tell me you're planning what I think you're planning." I squeaked out in fear. She just giggled and took off. I held onto her neck for dear life and started yelling. "LUUUUUUNAAAAAAAA PUTMEDOWNPUTMEDOWNPUTMEDOWNRIGHTNOW!" Mere seconds later we landed at our first spot. I fell off her the moment we touched down and started dry heaving. She trotted towards me and put her hoof on my shoulder.

"Maxwell, are you alright?" She asked. I dry heaved for a few seconds more before sitting up.

"Don't, Don't ever do that again." I panted. She just smiled as I got up and started levitating a spray paint can towards me. I grabbed them both. "ready to begin?" I asked her. She just nodded.

[Listening material] - [Something Upbeat] [Something Darker]

We walked towards the wall, looking around and making sure that no one was watching us. Once we felt safe, we started spraying over the stencil. She was able to reach much higher than I was able to and use more stencils and cans that I was able to, making the process much faster. The darkness of night helped to cover us. Once I felt that we had accomplished our goal, I whistled causing her head to turn towards me.

"Next Stop." I said. She nodded and picked me up with her magic. "Don't go as fast this time."

"Wimp." She replied as I preemptively grabbed her neck for dear life. To be fair, she did make an effort to be slower this time.

The rest of the night was like that, along with a few close encounters. At the very last wall, we broke rule one and stared in wonder at our work before hoof bumping each other.

"I guess that's a job well done." I said, she just laughed.

"Tia is going to be so angry tomorrow." She giggled, before teleporting both of us back to my room. As much as the guards were concerned, she was listening to music with me on a weekly basis.

She hoof bumped me one more before walking out of my room. Tomorrow was going to be interesting...

[The Next Day]

I looked down at the newspaper

CANTERLOT DEFACED

Canterlot was in for a rude awakening this morning, as somepony had gone around the city and spray painted pictures of Celestia looking foreboding with the word, 'obey,' underneath each picture. It is unclear at this time who-

BANG BANG BANG I heard from the door, had she figured it out already? Oh well.

I walked over and opened the door, only to be greeted by two Day guards.

"Maxwell, you are under arrest for over 200 counts of vandalism." One guard said, levitating a pair of hoof cuffs.

"Alright, I'll go peacefully. There's no need for the hoof cuffs anyway seeing as how they won't fit me." The guards looked at each other before shrugging. I walked out of the room. One guard stood in front of me while the other guard flanked me. It was time for my death march.

[Listening Material]

I was grinning like a madman the entire walk. One of the guards decided to speak up.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, why did you do it?" The guard said sheepishly, obviously breaking protocol. I just grinned.

"Ten bits says Celestia asks that question. If she does you'll get your answer." I replied.

Servants and other guards were staring in curiosity, the mysterious human who had probably captured the heart of Luna was being escorted by two guards.

We soon reached the throne room, I was immediately greeted by someone acting as my defense attorney. She wore a scruffy blue suit over her black fur. Her mane was an electric yellow. "Hey there, my name is Just Rights," She said, "And you are an idiot. The princess is offering a plea deal, I really bucking recommend you take it."

"I'm not a dumbass you know, I'll take the damn deal, why the fuck are you even here anyways?"

"Because you need a public defender seeing as how you're on trial, no matter how short that trial is."

"God fucking damnit." I muttered as I walked into the throne room.

I was instantly greeted by a peeved Celestia sitting on her throne, with her sister sitting right next to her, nervously twiddling her hooves.

"Alright, how did you find out so fast?" I asked her. She intensified her glare.

"A disguised princess holding a bag of paint with a human on her back tends to attract a lot of attention. Even more so if said human is screaming said princesses name out of pure fear." She replied.

"I'm sorry." Luna squeaked out.

"Why did you do it?" Celestia asked, her glare intensifying even more than I thought was humanly (is it ponily in this situation?) possible.

I grinned and turned over to one of the guards who smiled sheepishly. I turned back to Celestia.

"Celly, Celly, Celly, we have a saying back home. 'Don't ask me why, ask me why the fuck not.'" My lawyer and Celestia just face hoofed.

"Let's just move on, I'm giving you one plea deal, I'll give you a pardon for all the crimes you committed last night if you paint a mural on the wall outside of the castle in front of the public." Celestia said, her glare gone, her look was replaced with one that you may find on a tired mother of three. I turned around and attempted to walk.

"Yeah, I'll just get directions to the dungeons and serve my sentence there."

"You do realize that your sentence is going to be three months with eligibility for parole after two months if you decide to reject the plea deal, right?" I paused. "Please, take this deal. It's one of the best things that you can do in this situation." I turned around and groaned. "You have found something that you like to do, which is not staying in your room all day. Even if what you like to do is inherently illegal, I'm willing to give you a healthy, legal, outlet for it. I don't want to see you spend the rest of your life in that room only listening to music for the rest of your life." Celestia had a pleading look in her eyes.

"God fucking damnit, fine, I'll take it." I already had an image in my mind anyways.

[That next day]

Here I was, at a meeting table with both Celestia and Luna, a piece of parchment in front of them.

"Well, I won't say its what I was expecting." Luna said.

"It's morbid." Interjected Celestia.

"You asked for concept art, and you have it. I'm still open to taking jail time."

"No, this is fine." Celestia replied, rubbing her face with annoyance as she set the parchment back down on the table. "I'll let you paint this one." She sighed. I just smiled in glee.

Author's Note:

Music used
NWA - Express Yourself
Vince Staples - Little bit of this Little bit of that

George Baker - Little Green Bag