• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 21,086 Views, 770 Comments

A Twixie Love Story - Yukito

  • ...
34
 770
 21,086

Trixie's First Nightmare

In the middle of the night, a couple slept peacefully in their bed together, snoring silently as they explored a land of dreams. The mare was held in the stallion’s forelegs, and her head was resting on his chest as she mumbled quietly in her sleep.

“WAAAH! WAAAH!”

Trisha Lulamoon stirred in her sleep, and slowly opened her eyes to the sounds of her daughter crying. She rubbed her tired eyes, and let out a yawn as she nudged her husband. “Dear.”

“Nn?” Maze Lulamoon opened his own eyes, and rolled over to look at the clock on his bedside table. “… It’s three in the morning. What does she want now?”

“Can you take me to her?” Trisha asked.

“I’ll just go myself. You can go back to sleep.”

Trisha shook her head. “I want to be there for her. Please?”

Maze sighed, and gave in to his wife’s demands. “Fine. C’mon.” He climbed out of their bed, and then reached a hoof out to his wife’s outstretched one. She gripped his hoof firmly, and the stallion helped his wife to her hooves.

He then led her across the bedroom, over to the bassinet sitting at the other end, where a crying infant was wailing throughout the night.

“What’s wrong, Trixie?” Trisha asked as she neared her daughter. She slowly moved her hoof towards the sounds of crying, and when she found her daughter, she picked her up and brought the filly close to herself. “Hmmm… it’s not your diaper… Are you hungry?” The baby just continued to cry, but Trisha’s motherly instincts allowed her to understand. “Dear, her bottle?”

Maze looked into Trixie’s bassinet, and found a few milk stains next to where she was lying moments earlier, but no bottle. He then knelt down to look under the bassinet, and smiled as he found what he was looking for. “Here it is. She must have dropped it, I guess.”

Trisha leaned her head towards her husband and nuzzled his neck. “That’s my ace detective.”

Maze blushed, and simply handed the bottle over to his wife. “I’d be hopeless without you, though. I can never understand what Trixie wants.”

Trisha took the bottle into her magic, and levitated it to Trixie, who immediately stopped crying so that she could grab the bottle and start drinking. “You’ll get there, Maze. I’m sure that plenty of parents start out having difficulties. The important thing is that you care for her.” Trisha waited for her daughter to finish drinking, and then held her over her shoulder and began to pat her back, eventually causing the filly to belch.

Trisha then lay Trixie back into her bassinet, and stroked her short mane, eliciting a giggle from her daughter. “That’s right, Trixie. Your father and I love you more than anything, and will always be here for you.” Trisha turned to her husband. “Right, dear?”

Maze nodded, and stared down at his daughter, not sure what exactly to say to her. Trixie looked back up at him with two big, purple pearls for eyes, and stretched out her forehooves towards her father.

“Wuh! Wah?”

Maze felt his heart melting at the sight, and smiled as he reached a hoof towards his daughter. Trixie grabbed his hoof with both of her forehooves, and placed it in her mouth, nibbling it with the few teeth that she had.

“That’s right.”


“Come on, Trixie! Come to mama!” Trisha was sitting on her haunches, in the pleasant summer sunshine, in the midst of the Lulamoon manor’s garden. She held out her forehooves towards her daughter, who was sitting not too far away from her. “You can do it, Trixie!… Is she moving?”

The maid accompanying Trisha placed a cup of tea by her mistress’ side. “Not yet, ma’am. But I’m sure she’ll get there soon.”

Trisha heard the clack of the teacup on the ground, and used her magic to lift the cup to her mouth. She drank her tea quickly, and then lowered the cup back to the ground. “I hope so. The doctor said that Trixie should have already learned by now… Maybe I’m an unfit mother.”

“That couldn’t be any further from the truth, ma’am.”

“But look at me! I’ve been at this for weeks now, and she hasn’t shown any signs of improving! And there’s only so much that I can do for her in my condition…” Trisha frowned as she hung her head low. “I just wish I could do more to help her.”

“Wah!” Trisha’s ears twitched, and she listened closely as she heard the sounds of her daughter slowly getting closer, and closer…

“T-Trixie? Is she…”

The maid nodded excitedly. “Yes, ma’am. She’s walking!”

Trixie stumbled about clumsily on her hooves, and fell a couple of times, but she was determined, and soon enough, she had made it to her mother, who was ready with her open forelegs to congratulate her daughter.

“Trixie! You did it! Well done, Trixie.”

Trixie walked into her mother’s embrace, and continued to walk until she was close enough to nuzzle her mother’s side.

“Trixie?”

“I think she’s trying to tell you that you’re not an unfit mother, ma’am.” The maid smiled as she refilled her mistress’ cup with tea.

Trisha smiled back, and gently stroked a hoof across her daughter’s mane.


“Say it, Trixie. Say ‘papa’. ‘Pa. Pa’.”

Trixie stared at her father with a confused look on her face. She slowly raised a hoof into the air, and extended it forward, pressing it against Maze’s nose. “Wah, wah!”

“… Close enough,” Maze said with a sigh, before walking over to the kitchen cabinet next to him. He took a bowl out, and poured some cereal into it, followed by some milk. He then lifted the bowl with his magic, and placed it down in front of his daughter. “How about ‘mama’? Can you say that?”

Trixie opened her mouth wide when she saw the cereal in front of her, and looked up at her father expectantly.

With an exasperated sigh and a smile, Maze levitated the small spoon by Trixie’s bowl, and scooped up a spoonful of cereal. “Here. You can have some if you can say ‘mama’.”

“A-wah!” Trixie leaned her head forward, her mouth still wide open, attempting to reach the spoon floating in front of her. “Wah?”

“… Here,” he said as he pushed the spoon forwards into his daughter’s mouth. She happily chewed on the cereal, and swallowed it. “Come ooooon. I’ve got twenty bits riding on this! Can you please say something before mommy comes home? Pleeeease?”

Trixie opened her mouth again, waiting for the next spoonful of cereal to be brought to her.

Maze continued to feed his daughter, taking breaks every now and then to try to get Trixie to speak. By the time he was finished, he had given up, and silently took Trixie’s bowl over to the sink to wash it up.

“Well, that’s twenty bits I’ll never see again…”

Behind him, Trixie played with her rattle as she waited for her father to finish the washing up. She laughed to herself as she smacked the object against her highchair, copying the actions of the black-robed pony that she had seen on her father’s ‘magic picture box’ the other day.

However, her laughter soon stopped as she saw something crawling up the side of her chair. She pulled her rattle away, and watched in horror as a small, eight-legged creature made its way up onto the highchair, and started to move towards Trixie.

“Waaaaah…” The creature moved even closer to the frightened foal, and Trixie quickly looked over to her father, who was still washing up her bowl, blissfully unaware of the frightening danger that his daughter was in. “P-PA!”

“Hm?” Maze responded, placing the bowl on the rack beside the sink. Suddenly, realisation hit him, and he quickly turned around to face his daughter.

“PA-PA! PAPA!”

“Trixie! Y-You’re talking!” he shouted excitedly, running over to his daughter to pull her into a big hug. However, the celebration was cut short when he saw the tears streaming down her face, and the frightened look in his daughter’s eyes. He noticed the spider slowly making its way towards Trixie, and acted fast.

“PAPA! PAPA!” Trixie continued to scream as her father turned away and left her. For a moment, the filly had lost all hope, and began to wail loudly as she saw the creature almost reach her.

“Trixie, it’s okay!” Maze assured her as he returned with some tissue paper in his magic. He placed the tissue over the spider, and then picked it up with his hoof, before carrying it away to another room. The sounds of a toilet flushing was heard a moment later, and then Maze returned to the kitchen, a warm smile on his face. “There. The mean spider is gone. Now, can you smile for me, Trixie?”

Trixie stared at her father in awe. In her mind, she had just come into contact with a most terrifying monster, and her father had dealt with it as if it was nothing. And when her father came up to her, and stroked her mane softly, Trixie couldn’t help but smile and laugh as she reached out to him.

Maze moved closer to allow his daughter to hug him. “Papa!” Trixie shouted, and Maze’s smile grew even bigger.

“Don’t worry, Trixie. Papa will always be there to protect you.”


“Momma!” Trixie called out as she approached the blue mare sitting on the couch, not noticing the other mares sitting around her. “Can you read this part to me?” Trixie held out a thin book to her mother, opened up at a specific page.

“Trixie dear,” one of the other mares called out. “You do know your mother can’t read for you, don’t you?”

“But papa isn’t home,” Trixie said, facing the grey mare talking to her.

Trisha laughed, and gently patted Trixie’s head with her hoof. “She doesn’t quite understand what being blind means,” she explained to her friends. “No matter how many times we explain it to her.”

Another mare, this one with a green coat, leaned forward to talk to Trixie. “Trixie, how old are you right now?”

Trixie took a moment to think about it. “Uh… I two years old!”

“My, how times flies! And you’re reaching three soon, if I’m not mistaken?”

Trisha nodded her head in confirmation. “Yes, we’re all getting ready for our daughter’s big day next week. Isn’t that right, Trixie?”

“Yes! Trixie is a big filly next week!” Trixie saluted as she faced her mother. “Trixie has resposi… Resposna…”

“‘Responsibilities’?” one of the mares suggested.

“Yes!” Trixie answered cheerfully, causing the mares around her to giggle amongst themselves. The sound of the front door opening and then closing alerted Trixie, and she quickly turned around and began to run through the parlour. “Papa home!”

Maze removed his coat and hung it on the coat rack by the door. He attempted to make his way further into the house, but was stopped by a small blue Unicorn filly blocking his path. “Welcome home!” Trixie shouted, smiling at her father.

Maze smiled back, and leaned down to pat his daughter on the head. “Thank you, Trixie. It’s good to be home.” He eyed the book that she was holding. “What’s that? Can my big girl already read her first book?”

Trixie shook her head. “I can’t. Sorry…”

“Oh, it’s nothing to apologise for!” Maze said quickly, now panicking at the fact that he had made his daughter feel upset. “It’s okay, Trixie. How about your mother and I read it to you after I take my bath?”

“Not now?” Trixie asked, curling her lower lip as she looked up at her father with two big, sparkling, watery eyes that tore his heart to pieces.

“W-Well, I just got home from work, and I-”

“Pleeeeeeease?” Trixie asked. “Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?”

Maze gulped, and looked behind Trixie to see his wife and her friends watching with amusement, all giggling at his predicament. He looked back down at his daughter’s pleading eyes, and let out a sigh. “… Fine.”

Trixie’s face lit up, and she quickly turned around and ran into the parlour. “Momma! Papa’s gonna read with us!”

“Is he now?” Trisha asked as Trixie leapt up onto her lap. “My, that’s nice of him.”

With a sigh, Maze walked into the parlour, greeting the mares inside as he did so and apologising for his stench, explaining that his bathing schedule had been thrown off by a certain filly.

“Now then, what are we reading?” he asked as he sat down beside his wife.

“Animals!” Trixie answered, holding the book up to her father.

Maze looked at the cover and read the title: The Happy Family. Indeed, all of the characters were various types of animals. There were dogs, cats, sheep, birds, and fish. Since Trixie couldn’t read the title, she must have just made up her own one for it.

“Alright then. Let’s begin… Once upon a time…”


Trixie woke up in the middle of the night, kicking about in her bed as she tried to get comfortable. Her body was sweating, and her throat was parched. She removed the covers from her body, because it was so hot inside her room, but it didn’t help any.

She then sat up in her bed, and heard a loud crashing sound from somewhere inside the manor. “Papa? Momma?”

A faint yell was then heard, momentarily catching the blue filly’s curiosity, before that was replaced with her desire to drink some water. She climbed out of her bed, made her way to the bedroom door at the far end of her room. “Thirsty…”

She opened her bedroom door, which was already slightly open anyway, and was greeted to the sight of a bright orange light outside. It was even hotter now, as she stood out in the hallway that was burning under a huge fire. She watched the flames in awe for a moment, until she heard a scream to her left. She turned around to see a hoof on the ground in the distance.

“M-Miss Trixie… run…”

Trixie tilted her head in confusion, not quite sure what was going on. She turned to her right, and began to make her way slowly down the burning hallway, ignoring the sounds of crashing and screaming around her. She had to reach her parents’ bedroom. They would know what was going on, for sure!

Trixie eventually reach the door that led into her parents’ bedroom, and opened it up. “Momma?” she asked as she walked inside. “Papa?”

“Why are you doing this?!” Trisha shouted, causing Trixie to stop in her tracks. “Who are you?!”

“Trisha!” Maze called out to his wife. “The emblem on his armour! He’s with them!”

“Then, you’re here to-”

“Yes. I am here to free the mare that you have locked away beneath your mansion. And, naturally, to make sure that your family never again becomes a threat to us.” Trixie turned her attention to the stallion standing between his two parents, and took a step back. She stepped on something on the ground, causing a noticeable creak that alerted the stallion to her presence. “Ah, and there’s the last one. Little Trixie Lulamoon, almost three years old… What a shame that her life will have to end too.”

“NO!” Maze shouted, rising to his hooves and charging towards the stallion. Trixie didn’t see clearly what happened next, but what she could see was the wave of red that came from her father. “D-Don’t you dare touch her, you fiend!”

“P-Papa?” Trixie asked, slowly moving closer to her father.

“Trixie! No! Don’t-” Maze was stopped by a sharp pain piercing his chest, and a few seconds later, he fell to the ground, gasping for air.

“PAPA!” Trixie cried as she ran over to her fallen father.

“Trixie, run!” Trisha called out, but it was no use; Trixie was already at her father’s side, nudging him and begging for him to wake up.

“Papa! Papa! Wake up! Momma’s in trouble! Please, papa! PAPAAAAA!”

“And now, there are only two left,” the stallion said as he walked closer to Trixie. “Farewell, Lulamoon.”

Trixie’s vision slowly started to fade into black, and she let out a tortured scream as she gripped the sides of her head with her hooves.

“What?! My Queen! Y-You’re-”

“NO! Not my daughter! You’re not having my daughter, you monster!”

“A sealing spell? I won’t let you!”

“Don’t give in. Continue living, free from despair.”

“Momma?” Trixie opened her eyes, expecting to find herself back in the parents’ burning bedroom. However, she instead found herself in a field, all by herself, with the burning manor in the distance in front of her. “Momma? Where did you-”

“Your mother’s dead. Now, surrender your body to me, little one.”

A sharp pain passed through Trixie’s head, and as she heard the voice in her head slowly growing quieter and quieter, Trixie’s consciousness faded away, and the young filly collapsed on the ground.

“I’m… alone?”


Tears ran down Twilight’s cheeks, and she pulled her horn away from Trixie’s head. “… Trixie… I’m… I’m so sorry…” Twilight wrapped her forelegs around Trixie’s neck, and leaned her head into Trixie’s shoulders as she began to cry.

Trixie’s eyes opened slowly as she felt something wet running down her chest, and she turned her attention to the purple mare lying on top of her. “… Twilight Sparkle?”

Twilight’s ears twitched, and she immediately shot her head up to look into Trixie’s eyes. “T-Trixie!” Twilight wiped her tears away, and quickly pulled the blue mare into a hug. “It worked! You’re awake! I’m so glad, I-”

“It has been a while, hasn’t it, ‘Spirit of Magic’?”

Twilight felt a cold chill run down her spine, and she slowly, cautiously, pulled away from Trixie. As she did so, she noticed that the mare’s blue fur was darker than it was before. She traced her eyes further up Trixie’s body. ‘Was she this big before?

Twilight’s eyes finally reached Trixie’s face, and the first thing she noticed was that Trixie’s mane had grown dimmer, and was now flowing, as if it were in the wind. She moved her eyes further up, until they met with Trixie’s. Still the same purple colour as before… but this time, they were shaped differently. Almost like a dragon’s eyes… No, almost like-

“I must thank you, Twilight Sparkle. Thank you for freeing me, and for allowing me to reunite with the rest of my soul.”

Twilight’s eyes widened, and her breath caught in her throat. She simply stared in horror at the mare sitting before her. The mare that looked so much like her beloved Trixie Lulamoon, but who was clearly somepony else. The mare that Twilight knew she had fought before.

“N-Nightmare Moon…”

The mare grinned, and leaned closer to the frightened Twilight Sparkle. “However, you’re still an enemy. So instead, I’ll take this opportunity to kill you right now!”

Author's Note:

Thanks to TimeTravInDEMON and Campisi for pre-reading and editing this chapter.