• Published 8th Mar 2017
  • 252 Views, 0 Comments

A Tale Lead by Fate. - TheChosen1



A typical RPG-ish story that follows the main character through adventure, dungeons, and wacky times.

  • ...
 0
 252

Work.

As the moon climbed the sky Thunder Mark was dreaming. He saw a mare running after him, yelling something but he couldn't hear her. He felt the feeling of falling, he kept falling for what seemed like a whole day. Then suddenly he hit the ground. Upon impact he sat up in the dark room gasping for air and sweating. He looked around the moonlit room. He noticed some left over medical supplies on the bedside table along with his casted leg. He saw a glass of water next to him and began to drink it quenching a thirst he did not realize he had.


Suddenly a list candle floated in his room, a voice followed after “Easy there boy, you had quite the injuries.” The doctor sat the candle on the table next to the bed and did a few vitals on his patient. “You were lucky, two travelers saw you land and brought you here. If weren't for them you would be timber food about now I bet! Now you go back to sleep. Here is some pain medication to help you sleep. Your rescuers will be here in the morning. You can thank them then.”



With that the doctor left Thunder alone. With nothing better to do, he took the medication and tried to go back to sleep. Hopefully his questions will be answered in the morning. After flipping his pillow over to the cold side and rolling to his side he let sleep take him over naturally.



After the sun rose Terry and Breaker walked back to Mr. Needles house to check on their rescued stallion. Upon entering the house they saw him awake and talking to the doctor. Terry smiled seeing the yellow stallion was awake. “Well morning there sunshine. Glad to see you are awake after that fall.”.



Thunder smiled at her “Yes, and according to the great doctor here I have you two to thank. So thank you both.”



Breaker just nodded “Sure thing kid. Terry now we know he is better we best be going.”



Thunder looked confused, “Going? Where you two off too?”



Terry look at her brother “Awww Breaker we can stay another night. I want to at least look around town! I bet we can get a job here for a couple of months.”



“No Terry, you knew the deal. I get to pick the next town. Sorry there Yellow, Terry and I have to get going if we want to make it to the next town over. Best luck getting healed up. Say do you remember the pegasus who dropped you?”Thunder looked confused, “No there was no pegasus, I fell down from a cliff I think.”



Both Terry and Breaker looked at each other just as confused now, “Ummmm I don’t know how to tell you, there wasn’t a cliff for hours from where we found you.” Terry looked at Thunder “You must have really hit your head….ummm...I just realized we never got your name. I’m Terry, this nice guy here is Breaker.”



Thunder smiled “I’m Thunder Mark. Nice to meet you.” Thunder held his hoof out for a handshake but realized it was casted, so he held the other one out instead.



Terry and Breaker shook his hoof. “Okay Terry we really need to get going. Say bye to Thunder and let’s go before the morning dew dries up.”Terry gave a heartfelt goodbye to Thunder and hoped to see him again. WIth that Terry and Breaker left FilliesGroove.

+++++

A few weeks passed for the bedridden Thunder Mark. He was the best patient Mr. Needles and his better half Mrs. Needles ever had. Once he was able to take the cast off he began to explore the town of FilliesGroove. He learned that for a small town it had a lot of history. Apparently many years ago a knight of the sisters came here to set up an outpost. While here he married and had a wife and child. Sadly not long after the child was born both the mother and child disappeared in the middle of the night. The knight distraught with despair killed himself by going out into the forest and killed anything and everything till he died from exhaustion. His body is buried in the local cemetery. Sadly though Mr. Needles does not give out free casts and care so Thunder had to find work to earn some bits to pay back his hospitality. It started off as doing odd jobs for the locals. Repairing a leaky roof, and delivery some milk when the milkmare was sick for a day. It allowed him to really know the town. After a month of being free he landed a job with the Tavern. Working five night a week and sleeping during the day wasn’t bad, it just made it hard for him to meet some of the locals who he was getting to know really well. During his second week a group of 5 ponies came in and requested separate rooms. They paid extra for each their own room, as it was policy to bunk up if possible in case more came through during the night. While cleaning some tables he heard them talking.“What do we do without a sixth?”



“It doesn’t matter, we keep going with the plan”



“She specifically said six. We need a sixth!”



“And do you suppose we are just going to find one in this dump of a town? I mean it is nice and all, but I doubt they will have who we are looking for.”



“Well….we are in a tavern. Ask the bartender?” Thunders ears dropped when they mentioned him.



“Hey yellow! Come here for a second.” Thunder walked over, “We are looking for someone who could possibly join us on a small adventure. See we heard a ghost haunts these woods of an old knight. We need a sixth to help us. You know anybody who would be willing”


Thunder look at the group of ponies. Ghost? He never heard anything about that before. “Sorry, if anyone it would be the guards. Also I should mention there is not a ghost near by, I would have heard of it by now if so.” What the ponies did not know was that no one ever leaves the town that lives here. So of course he wouldn’t know.



“Bagh, useless bartender. Your suppose to know everything!” Thunder already did not like that one. “Forget it we go as five. We leave tomorrow evening. The ghost comes out at night so sleep in some” The ponies got up and went into their rooms.Thunder cleaned their mess up and then when the shift change happened he returned to bed to sleep.

+++++

Two days later. A storm began to brew. Rain was pouring during the end of Thunders shift. At the last hour the door slammed open. A badly injured and wet pony collapsed on the floor. Thunder rushed over to help him. “GASP! He still haunts the woods! He….he comes for me! My friends all died. He wants me too!” Then he passed out. Thunder knowing just who to take him to began to carry the injured pegasus to his favorite doctor. Opening the door and playing the pegasus on his old resting bed he called out for Mr. Needles. “We got a half live one. Blood everywhere!” Mr and this time Mrs Needles came rushing to the front room, and began to check over him. Their hooves working together to bandage where the blood was coming from and cleaning up any dirt or mud from his fur. After several minutes of this they finished. Mr. Needles looked over their hoof work, “Well Thunder it was good you brought him when you did, he lost quite a bit of blood. Did you see what happened to him?” Thunder looked at the doctor, “I have no idea, he was with a band of other ponies who claimed something about a ghost and needing a sixth just two days ago. At the end of my shift he barged in claiming ‘He’ was going to claim him just like his friends.” Mr Needles looked at his wife with a grim face.



“Thunder, do you know the story of the knight?”



Thunder nods, “Yes why do you ask?”“Well you see” Mr. Needles sits down next to his wife “His spirit still haunts the woods near by. He doesn’t come near town anymore luckily, but if this lad here means what he says, then we will be seeing him soon.”Thunder looked at the doctor with a crazed look “With all respect, how come I never heard of this? Who do we call? A ghost hunter? Is there one near by?”



“Sadly not, you will need to go tell the guard this now. I expect this night to be eventful.”



Thunder nodded and began to head for the door, “If he wakes up get as much information from him so we can let the guards know. I hope we can stop the ghost.” Thunder then began to head for the guards of FilliesGroove to let them know of the knighted ghost to return.