• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 2,178 Views, 56 Comments

Home of the Ponies and Awesome Bronies - Lady Spider



two teenagers in Equestria... this spells trouble

  • ...
6
 56
 2,178

4. Meet the Little Inner Voice

***Just because I can I’m adding my annoying little voice that I hear in my head who I like to refer to as Inner. It will be “talking” in italics to avoid confusion even though I know there will still be some***

“I feel ridiculous.” I was quickly hushed by a very serious looking Sweetie Belle. “Hush! I worked hard on these capes with my sister. They are the official Cutie Mark Crusader capes!” I rolled my eyes, glad that the filly couldn’t see them in the dark.
It was nighttime. I had spent my afternoon and evening up in ‘the official Cutie Mark Crusader clubhouse’ getting ‘the official Cutie Mark Crusader welcoming’ and learning ‘the official Cutie Mark Crusader rulebook’. (WTF!?) I sighed. Now I was on my first Cutie Mark Crusade. Mission: get a cutie mark from jumping rope backwards in the dark. I mean come on. How are you supposed to see what you’re doing? Much less get a freakin’ cutie mark from it??
“Guys, it’s late. Shouldn’t we be going to bed?” In the moonlight I saw three fillies face me. Glaring no doubt. “For being a big pony you’re not much fun.” stated Scootaloo stoutly. I rolled my eyes. “Excuse me for not wanting to wake up Twilight as I sneak in hours past when she fell asleep.”
Applebloom snorted. “Yer stayin’ with Twi’?? Why, she’s up at all hours o’ the night, readin’ some book er another.” I groan-sighed. “Fine. Let’s just get this over with.”
Sweetie Belle and Applebloom took up each side of the rope. Scootaloo pushed me into the middle with her. “Now all you gotta do is jump. Just listen for the rope.” She nodded and the other two girls started swinging the rope.
Now as a human I was a champion at jump roping. As a pony? not so much. I was still not used to having four hooves, or hooves at all for that matter, so my face had a nice chat with the ground after the first hop. “You okay?” asked Sweetie Belle as soon as I could distinguish her voice.
I groaned. “Yeah. I’m fine. Listen, why don’t you guys let me get used to being a pony before you drag me into your crusades okay?” The three fillies looked at me sadly. “And sad faces don’t work on me.”
Applebloom sighed. “Well, alright. Ah guess we oughtta get ta bed too?” I nodded. “Alright.” The three of them began slowly dragging their hooves over towards Rarity’s. I headed off towards Twilight’s.
In the distance I heard Scootaloo say, “Okay, now what are we gonna try?” I stifled a laugh. I hadn’t really expected them to go to bed.
I arrived at Twilight’s door and walked in. Sure enough, true to Applebloom’s words, Twilight was up and about. She nearly dropped the book she was carrying with magic when she heard me.
“Oh! I thought you were already in bed Elise! Although I didn’t check so...” The purple pony glanced over at my empty makeshift bed of pillows and laughed. “Guess I should have checked.”
I looked around. “Where’s Spike and Ryan?” Twilight returned to replacing books on the shelves with magic as she answered me.
“I sent Spike down to Pinkie’s with a book on cupcakes that I found and I haven’t seen Ryan since he went over to Sweet Apple Acres.”
There it was again. That slight pang of jealousy. I shook my head and blurted out a question to distract myself. “Twilight? How do I use my magic?”
I probably should have picked a different question.
The whole room became aglow in purple magic as Twilight searched the books for books on magic. “Well, it takes a large amount of concentration and although it might seem to take forever, as soon as you get a hold of it, it comes really quite easily. Now I recommend this particular book...”
The unicorn continued talking about good books to read on magic while magically piling the books in front of me. I felt my ears go back in disbelief as the books piled so high they toppled down on me. Faintly, under the some hundred books, I heard the door open.
“Twilight!” The books became surrounded in Twilight’s purple magic as they lifted off me. Spike was standing in the doorway looking rather dismayed at the books flying everywhere. “Hi Spike!” Twilight greeted then returned to her endless lecture.
“Spike... help...” I squeaked as more books were tossed toward me. The purple dragon sort of looked at me like ‘I’d love to but you brought this on yourself’ then said, “Um. Twilight? Elise looks kinda tired. Shouldn’t she... uh you know... go to bed?”
Twilight froze and looked over at me. I tried to give her my best ‘I’m exhausted please please please let me go to bed’ look. “Well, books will always be here tomorrow!” I sighed contently as the books were piled up neatly along the room. I shot Spike a “Thanks.” as I walked by him and curled up on my pillow bed.
Spike climbed up the stairs and curled up in his bed and Twilight continued going through books. I felt a growing concern building up in my chest. Ryan had been over at Applejack’s all day. He hadn’t even come looking for me at any point. And he wasn’t here yet. Twilight had agreed to let both of us stay here until we found our own places. My gut felt like someone had punched it. What if he decided to stay with Applejack? What if he preferred Applejack’s company over mine?
I rolled over and forced that thought out of my mind. Why did I even care? I didn’t like him that way. Yes you do. Shut up little voice that doesn’t know anything. If I don’t know anything how come you know that I’m telling the truth? You’re insanely jealous that he spent all day with Applejack. And if he’s staying overnight what could that mean? Hmm? I squeezed my already shut eyes and bit a pillow to keep myself from crying from the twisting pain in my stomach.
At some point in the night I fell asleep. My dreams were reflecting my thoughts. All I could picture was Applejack and Ryan. Ryan and Applejack. Applejack and Ryan. Ryan and Elise. Added my twisted little inner voice. Applejack and Ryan. Ryan and Elise. Elise and Ryan. Ryan and Elise...