• Published 13th Feb 2017
  • 6,974 Views, 164 Comments

Changelings of Harmony - Prismfire Productions



A dying Chrysalis comes to seek aid from the Elements of Harmony, but what cost must be bared?

  • ...
24
 164
 6,974

Point of no return

The group followed Chrysalis down deeper into the hive to join Pinkie and the rest of the nymphs and drones in the dining area. When they got there, there was a large selection to choose from. There were fruits, veggies, chicken, steak, and several other dishes, both pony and changeling, as well. There was even a platter of hayburgers set aside just for Fluttershy. "Chicken farm?" Rainbow asked taking her seat by Pinkie.

"Yep, and I still got plenty to lay eggs so I'm good, and I got enough cattle to keep the demand up as well so no worries. Thanks to AJ, I know how to keep them all heathy." Pinkie cheerfully replied.

"Not a problem Sugarcube." Applejack stated as they all began to eat. As custom, the queens got first selection and the other members of the hive got the rest. The first thing Fluttershy ate was her drumstick and small piece of sirloin just to get her mini nightmare over with before spending the rest of the meal eating veggies. The queens were full first due to the love and embrace they absorbed from their servents. "You know, I do have a question... how was Scoot, Sweetie, and Apple Bloom able to change so quick Chrysalis?" Twilight asked in an attempt to answer the question that had been on everyling's mind.

"To be perfectly honest Twi, not even I know since that was the fastest change I ever seen."

"My queens I do have a theory, everyling here feeds on love, perhaps the love and eagerness to serve their sisters accelerated the process. Keep in mind it is just a theory but it is the best one I have been able to come up with."

"That's a fact Jack." Evering just stared since Pinkie, who was now wearing a pair of glasses, a long grey beard, and sipping from a tea glass had called the drone that. What made the situation wierder was that the drone somehow was now in a pirate uniform, noling dared to question it because this was Pinkie Pie they were dealing with then resumed their meal in silence. About two hours later, they all headed outside, where several drones had prepared the area in front of the hive for the introductory ceremony. Sitting in the front row of chairs, much to the Changeling 6's surprise, was their families with Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. The sight of the royals wanted most of the hive to bail but Chrysalis reassured them nothing was gonna happen.

"I am surprised you all are here..." Rarity said when they reached the ponies.

"Do you honestly think we would miss this event?" Celestia said with a chuckle. "Twi gave me the heads up earlier after getting permission from Chrysalis."

"That is true." Chrysalis confirmed. "Now shall we begin so I can go rest?" The heirs walked up onto the stage after her. While they were facing the crowd, Chrysalis faced them with her hoof over her chest, with the others on the stage prompting to follow. "Repeat after me.." She cleared her throat due to a few coughs. "I..."

"I.." The 6 responded but Chrysalis nodded to each of them to say their names.

"Rainbow Spectra Dash, Element of Loyalty."

"Pinkamena Diane Pie, Element of Laughter."

"Applejack Apple, Element of Honesty."

"Fluttershy, Element of Kindness."

"Rarity la'Auora Belle, Element of Genorosity."

"Twilight Vermillion Sparkle, Element of Magic."

"Hereby do solomnly swear..." Chrysalis said speaking up.

"Hereby do solomnly swear.."

"To renounce my title as princess."

"To renounce my title as princess..."

"And take my place as Queen."

"And take my place as Queen..."

"as co-rulers of my hive."

"as co-rulers of my hive."

"And I will do everything in my power."

"And I will do everything in my power..."

"To love and protect my loyal subjects."

"To love and protect my loyal subjects..."

"Just as they do for me."

"Just as they do for me..."

"May my enemies fear us."

"May my enemies fear us..."

"and allies welcome us."

"and allies welcome us..."

"I hereby ask."

"I hereby ask..."

"For the blessings of the First Mother." The Changeling took a small breath before repeating, Chrysalis knowing that there was no going back so she let it slide and hoped the First Mother did as well considering the circumstances.

"For the blessings of the First Mother..."

"To help guide my decisions."

"To help guide my decisions..."

"And if she is willing."

"And if she is willing..."

"Bless me with an heir if nessessary."

"Bless me with an heir if nessessary..."

"And when my time is over."

"And when my time is over..."

"May my deeds be enough."

"May my deeds be enough..."

"To get me into the Silver City."

"To get me into the Silver City..."

"May that Day of Mourning."

"May that Day of Mourning.."

"Bring comfort to all."

"Bring comfort to all..."

"Knowing I did my best."

"Knowing I did my best..."

"Not only for my species."

"Not only for my species..."

"But for the good of the Hive."

"But for the good of the Hive..."

"And may my death."

"And may my death.."

"Not be in vain."

"Not be in vain..."

"But instead celebrated."

"But instead celebrated..."

"For the Queen I now am."

"For the Queen I now am..."

"And for the sake of my Hive."

"And for the sake of my Hive..."

"May I live long and prosper."

"May I live long and prosper."

Chrysalis then faced the crowd after dropping her hoof. "These 6 are my heirs, my co-queens until my death. The swearing in is done and is now set in stone and may the First Mother look after them all. This next part I am adding due to the special changelings they are." She then turned back to the six new rulers.

"For we are."

"For we are..."

"The Changelings of Harmony."

"The Changelings of Harmony."

"And may my Element."

"And may my Element..."

"Carry me onward and forward."

"Carry me onward and forward..."

"As it has done in the past."

"As it has done in the past..." Chrysalis then nodded to each of them then the crowd, showing the ceremony was concluded but Princess Celestia stood up silencing anyling that was about to cheer.

"I have a special surprise for Queen Rainbow." The solar sister said with a small smile and bow.

"Arise, what is it Princess Celestia of Canterlot?"

"Look up." Rainbow did as she was told and her jaw nearly broke it dropped so quick. She watched as Soarin, Spitfire, and the rest of the Wonderbolts came and did a flyover before landing in front the stage, each of them bowing before Spitfire spoke up.

"On the behalf of me, Soarin, and the rest of the Wonderbolts, I hereby recognize Queen Rainbow Spectra Dash as the first changeling member of our ranks not only for her service and accomplishments she has done defending Equestria, but also for now doing the same for the Badlands Changelings. Do you accept our offer?"

The cyan queen could not believe her ears, standing there in silence for a few minutes before finally gathering enough wits to speak, but did so in a professional manor. "It would my pleasure Captain Spitfire to accept your offer."

"Good, figured you would, but it is our pleasure to have you accept our offer to join our ranks." With that the Wonderbolts saluted then took off.

And Rainbow promptly fainted.