• Published 10th Feb 2017
  • 787 Views, 198 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 6: Nightmare's Awakening - Bahamut0



Burst and his friends have returned from their abrupt visit to Equestria. But they did not return alone.

  • ...
5
 198
 787

Duel 2: Lessons

The school day soon drew to a close, and Nightmare met up with Burst to learn Duel Monsters. When she saw him, she also saw three younger boys crowding him. "Okay you three. We might have someone new joining us today."

"So these are your students?", Nightmare asked as she approached and looked at the CMCB.

"Not really. I just taught them how to duel after they saw me win a tournament the school held during Sophomore Year. Since then, I've taught them all they need to know about dueling." Burst pointed to each of the CMCB. "Shining here is known for Xyz summoning, Bright Star uses fusion, and Bolt Dash is a synchro user."

"And what type of duelist do you fit under?"

"I know all the summoning types. But in terms of a deck, there's no monster I'd rather have by my side than Blue-Eyes White Dragon."

"I have a slight confession Burst. I actually know a great deal about the game. I just wanted to duel you."

"All you had to do is ask Nightshade." Burst activated his duel disk.

"Then let's dance." Nightmare activated her own duel disk themed after the night.

Burst: 8000
Nightmare: 8000

"Ladies first.", Burst said with a smile.

"Quite the polite move of you. I summon Dark Knight!" A knight wearing pitch black armor materialized on the field boasting 1800 attack points. "Then I'll set two cards and end my turn." 'Burst'll be in for a surprsie should he destroy my knight.'

"I draw! Sweet! I'll reveal Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative!"

"I activate my trap! Bottomless Trap Hole! When you summon a monster with 1500 or more attack, I can negate the summon and destroy the monster!"

'She made a smart move getting rid of one of my best effect monsters!' "Not bad. But I'm not through yet! I summon White Stone of Ancients and target him with Sage with Eyes of Blue to send both to the graveyard! Now I can special summon a 'Blue-Eyes' monster from my deck! I'll bring out Dragon Spirit of White! Now that he's on the field, I can banish one spell or trap card you control!" Nightmare's face-down vanished in a flash of light! "Now I'll tribute Dragon Spirit to bring out Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my hand!" Dragon Spirit vanished in a pillar of light, and Blue-Eyes stood in his place! "Attack Dark Knight! White Lightning!" Nightmare braced herself as Dark Knight was destroyed!

"Since Dark Knight was destroyed, you take his attack points as damage!" Burst winced as a stream of darkness crashed into his life points! 'Not the ideal result. But nonetheless, Burst also took damage.'

"I guess I'll end my turn with a face-down." 'Looks like neither of us walked out of that battle unscathed. This oughta be a good duel!'

Burst: 6200
Nightmare: 6800

"I draw! I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn!" 'Little does he know that destroying my monster will help in bringing out one of my best cards!'

"In that case, I'll draw!" Burst looked at his cards carefully. "I guess I'll attack your monster! White Lightning!" Blue-Eyes fired his signature attack, and fried Nightmare's monster!

"Since you destroyed Mystic Tomato, I can special summon a DARK monster with 1500 or less attack! I summon Yubel!"

"Not so fast! I activate my trap! Champion's Vigilance! This lets me negate the summon of a monster, or the activation of a spell or trap! Then I can destroy that card!" Yubel was struck down in a blast of flame the second she hit the field.

'Perfect!' "Thank you! You actually helped me! When Yubel is destroyed, I can special summon the next stage of her evolution! Are scared of the dark? Behold!" A massive shadow crept onto Nightmare's field, and condensed into a monster. "Yubel-Terror Incarnate!"

"I guess I'll end my turn." 'Weird. Her monster's got no attack or defense points. Meaning it's gotta have a powerful effect! I'd better be careful when dealing with it!'

"My move!" Nightmare then looked at the cards in her hand. "I'll set this card for later, and end my turn. Now Terror Incarnate's effect activates! I destroy all monsters on the field!" Burst winced as a wave of darkness wiped out Blue-Eyes!

'Man! That thing's a field nuke! But at least I can still deal damage to her life points!' Burst was cautious as he drew his next card. "My turn! I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive Blue-Eyes! Then I'll attack Terror Incarnate!" Nightmare smiled as the blast hit Terror Incarnate! When the smoke cleared, Terror Incarnate was still standing, and Burst's attack was reflected back at him! "AGH!" Burst cringed as he took the force of his own attack! 'On second thought...maybe I CAN'T inflict damage. Her monster's like a living Magic Cylinder and Mirror Force rolled into one!'

"Do you like her effect? I take no battle damage when she's attacked, and you take your monster's attack points as damage. Also, she can't be destroyed by battle." 'So how will you wake from this nightmare Burst Stream?', Nightmare thought with an amused smile.

"I guess I'll end my turn."

Burst: 3200
Nightmare: 6800

"I draw! I activate my trap! Compulsory Evacuation Device! I'll return Terror Incarnate to my hand!" Terror Incarnate vanished from the field! "Now I can bring out the final stage of Yubel's evolution!" A massive shadow appeared on Nightmare's field! "Yubel-The Ultimate Nightmare!" Ultimate Nightmare full materialized, looking even more fearsome than Terror Incarnate! "Then I'll attack your monster! And then Ultimate Nightmare's effect activates! You take Blue-Eyes' attack as damage, and he's destroyed at the end!" Burst cringed as Blue-Eyes was destroyed and he took Blue-Eyes' attack as damage! "I'll end my turn.", Nightmare said with a smile. 'So Burst? How are you going to get past my ultimate monster? I can't wait to see what you've got in store.'

Burst: 200
Nightmare: 6800

"Oh man! She's kicking Burst's butt!", Bright Star noted. "Not to mention that monster of hers has a pretty scary effect!"

"No wonder its called Ultimate Nightmare.", Bolt Dash said with a gulp.

"C'mon Burst! Rock the dragon!", Shining Spoon called out. Burst slowly got to his feet with a triumphant smile.

"Your monster's pretty good. But I think I've got a way to get around it! I draw! I'll discard a card to activate The Melody of Awakening Dragon! This lets me add two dragons with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! First I'll reveal Blue-Eyes in my hand to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative! Your monster is safe from battle and protects you from damage. But she's vulnerable to card effects! Now I'll activate Alternative's effect! I can target and destroy your monster!" Ultimate Nightmare was struck down by a bolt of lightning! "The only downside is that Alternative can't attack, but he won't be sticking around for long! I play Trade-In to discard Blue-Eyes from my hand! Now I can draw two new cards! Nice! I play Dragon's Mirror! I'll banish the Blue-Eyes and Blue-Eyes Alternative in my graveyard, and the Blue-Eyes Alternative on my field! I fusion summon Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon!" A massive Blue-Eyes with three heads materialized as all three dragons swirled together! "And I'm not done yet! I play Silver's Cry! This lets me revive a normal dragon in my graveyard! Welcome back Blue-Eyes! Let's rock the dragon! White Lighting Barrage!" The two dragons fired a massive blast of white lightning! Wiping out all of Nightmare's life points! "And that's game!" Burst helped Nightmare up. "You did pretty well against me Nightshade. The only one to ever push me that far was Sombra back in Duelist Kingdom. Plus, that was a pretty fun duel!"

"Thanks. I had fun too.", Nightmare said with a smile as she got up. "So was there some sort of lesson in that duel?"

"Ones I've already taught those three: To have fun in any duel, and that the duel's not over until the last card is drawn."

"Wise words."

"Well, I'm off for home. Hope your house isn't too far away." Burst then summoned Blue-Eyes and turned to face the CMCB. "You three better get home too."

"Bye Burst!", the three called out as they headed home. As they all went their separate ways, Nightmare pulled a specific card out of her deck.

"It's too bad I didn't get to summon you in this duel Nyx. But something tells me I'll get to bring you out soon. Now. Where to rest for the night?"