• Published 10th Feb 2017
  • 787 Views, 198 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 6: Nightmare's Awakening - Bahamut0



Burst and his friends have returned from their abrupt visit to Equestria. But they did not return alone.

  • ...
5
 198
 787

Duel 16: Confessions

Nightmare was pretty quiet for the rest of the day. She barely said a word, and only came out for dinner. Her mind however, was a completely different story. Especially that night during her dreams. As she slept, her mind drifted back to Equestria. But the most noticeable difference was she had won. The sky was eternally blanketed with stars. But it was not how she had envisioned it when she and Luna were together. All around her, she could see ponies shivering. Some were about as pale as the moon that hung in the sky. Others looked like they had been starved. Nightmare flew off to her castle, and carefully examined the tapestries that hung from the walls. All of them depicting her defeating The Elements and Celestia and Luna. Nightmare then ventured down to where she knew they'd be if she had won. Nightmare soon found herself in the dungeon, and at a single cell. Celestia and Luna were inside. Celestia noticed her presence, and looked at her. The cold fury in her voice made Nightmare feel so guilty. So insignificant. "I hope you're happy. You got what you always wanted. Was the price worth it?" Celestia then looked down at Luna. "Do you finally understand what you've done now?"

"I-I didn't know...", Nightmare began.

"How could you? All you were was a selfish monster who wanted nothing more than to make yourself happy. And all it cost you was every life in Equestria." Nightmare tried to talk to Luna, but Luna turned her back to Nightmare. "And you took Luna away from me for a thousand years! None of this would have happened if you never existed!" The dream Celestia's words pierced Nightmare's heart, and the shock caused her dream to shift. To the day when she and Luna had returned from their banishment. Nightmare was so engrossed in her dream that she tried to talk to the ponies, but they all ran from her in terror.

"Wait! Please!", Nightmare pleaded. "I'm not the way I used to be! I don't want to hurt any of you!" But in the end, she was all alone. Her dream shifted again, and she found herself in her human form in pure darkness. There was nothing but her. Then, the words of Sunset and Sombra were swirling around in her head.

"Didn't you think of the consequences of your actions?", Sunset asked.

"Go ahead. Have your boyfriend turn into an ice cube. Or a pale, lifeless shell. That's all that awaits you in your precious eternal night...", Sombra mocked.

"I don't want people to hate me....", Nightmare began as her eyes started to tear up.

"Nightshade."

"I don't want them to be scared of me!" Tears began to fall from Nightmare's eyes.

"Nightshade!"

"I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE ANYMORE!", Nightmare cried at the top of her lungs!

"NIGHTSHADE!" Nightmare opened her eyes to find Burst standing over her. "Thank goodness! You alright? It sounded like you were having a really bad dream." Nightmare took a moment to catch her breath before answering Burst.

"I was."

"If you don't wanna talk about it, I'll...."

"No! I need to tell someone. Actually....there's a lot I need to tell you." Nightmare took a deep breath. "Burst. Nightshade isn't my real name. And, I'm not from this world."

"Then who are you? And where did you come from?"

"My real name is Nightmare Moon. In Equestria, I was brought to life from Luna's jealousy of Celestia and tried to bring eternal night. I was defeated by the elements of harmony and banished with Luna to the moon for a thousand years. After all those years we escaped, but were defeated by the new bearers of the elements. Luna was separated from me, and I was nothing more than a pile of magical mist. That is, until you came to Equestria. You left a good amount of residual magic behind that I used to regenerate myself before I crossed over to your world. At first I wanted to continue my plans for eternal night. I'm the one who revived Sombra. And it's because of me that you've had your first heart break. I underestimated how vengeful he was. He would have done worse if I hadn't intervened. But after that, Sombra told me about the fate I'd condemn everyone to if I had brought eternal night. That the world would became a barren, frozen wasteland. I thought he was lying, so I called Sunset up. That's when I learned the ugly truth. The weight of all I'd done hit me at that moment. It was my fault Luna was banished for a thousand years. Why Celestia lost her sister! And now....I've hurt you too. I don't want to be feared or hated anymore! I don't want to be alone! But I probably screwed that up too. Because of me, you and Celestia are broken up. And you probably hate me don't you?" Tears were still flowing from Nightmare's eyes. She expected Burst to scream at her, or leave that moment. But then the unexpected happened. Burst got on her bed, and held her tightly. "Why....why are you doing this?"

"Because I don't hate you Nightmare.", Burst answered. "You're right. You did mess up pretty bad. Especially since you unintentionally triggered my first break-up. But you also tried to fix it. You visited me in my dreams, and helped me get on my feet again. The fact you care about me that much just makes me realize how much you want to make-up for your past."

"Burst....there's something else I should tell you. I....I love you. At first, my attraction to you was purely physical. In fact it was almost purely lust. But....then there was all the time I spent with you. When you threw me that party. I saw who you were for more than your appearance. Someone like you is special. I was hitting on you those times you thought I was joking."

"Nightmare....I knew. I know how to pick up on things. I just didn't say anything because I was still a little shaken up about Celestia."

"So....do you still love her?"

Burst sighed. "Nightmare. I honestly don't know how to feel about her. Right now? I think I need to get some sleep." Burst then began to leave.

"Burst?"

"Yeah?"

"Could....I sleep with you tonight?"

"After what happened a few minutes ago, I think you're better off with someone to hold on to." Nightmare followed Burst up to his room, and they both settled into the bed.

"One more thing? Could you....call me Moon instead?"

"Sure. Moon.", Burst said with a small smile. Burst closed his eyes, and was about to fall asleep until he felt a mass on top of him Burst opened his eyes to see Nightmare sleeping on top of him.

"I can't help it. Your heartbeat's calming.", Nightmare said as she lightly nuzzled Burst's chest. Burst just smiled and wrapped his arms around her. "Goodnight Burst...."

"Sweet dreams Moon..." Sleep soon overtook them, and Nightmare's tears had ceased. Whatever awaited them, it was tomorrow's problem.