• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 494 Views, 3 Comments

Under Pressure - RockSteadyRolla

  • ...
4
 3
 494

Chapter 5

"Bolt! Wake up! We have to go to school!" Sunset said, shaking Bolt.

"You go, I'll stay and cover the rear, from my bed." Bolt mumbled as he turned over.

Sunset could only sigh at Bolt's laziness. Deciding to go get a bucket, Bolt's phone rang. She picked it up, noticing the name on the screen, she answered. "Hey, Pinkie!" Bolt's awareness spiked at the mention of the pink menace. ".... No, he's not awake yet...... Yeah, he was supposed to drive today..... I know! He's impossible to wake in the mornings..... Oh? You're outside? ...... I don't know if he would like frosting splashing on his face, Pinkie.... You're gonna do, what?! I don't think Bolt-"

"The hell are you waiting for Bacon bit? We're gonna be late!" Bolt yelled from the doorway.

Sunset looked up to see Bolt already dress. Unlike six months ago, Bolt dressed in lighter clothes. He now wore black cargo shorts that extended just past his knees with blue draw strings hanging down, an ash blue shirt and a faded black light jean jacket with the same cog and rune on the right breast pocket and bigger print on the back. Sunset just shook her head as he ran down the stairs. "We're on the way down pinkie." She told Pinkie and hung up the phone.

Downstairs, Bolt scrambled to the front door, hoping to stop the pink terrorist from ruining his day with frosting, only to get outside to see her in the driver's seat of his car. "MORNING BOLT!!!" Pinkie shouted as she waved wildly out his car's window.

Bolt just pinched the bridge of his nose. "It's too early for this..." Bolt groaned as Sunset walks out the door locking it behind her.

"How did she get in the car?" Sunset asked

"She does have a house key..." Bolt clarified.

"But... I didn't hear her enter the house over the phone..." Sunset stated.

"Well... Now you just gotta solve for Pinkie and you'll get your answer... If your head doesn't explode first." Bolt finished as they walk towards the car.


In the foyer of the school, students arrived carrying instruments, sound equipment, banners, posters and all that is needed for the musical showcase coming up. "Well, I gotta go check in with the dictators of the school." Bolt griped, as he, Sunset and Pinkie walk through the halls.

"Come on, Bolt. It's not that bad." Sunset quips.

Bolt snorts. "Not for you. You don't have two aunts breathing down your neck to perform in the musical showcase... I was just gonna sleep the days leading up to it away too... *sigh* But not all of a sudden I got to perform for their amusement."

All three of them stop at an intersecting hallway. "Don't worry Bolt. It'll be fun! You could even do a colab with The Rainbooms! Oh! I gotta run this by Dashie! Later Bolt!" PInkie shouted as she dashed down the hall.

"You know she might be onto something. Anyway, it'll work out, I promise." Sunset reassures as she grabs his and kisses his cheek.

"I wonder if you girls know friends don't kiss other friends... You girls have been getting really bold as of late..." Bolt informs Sunset as she takes a step back. Over the past three months, the girls have been getting a little... Handsy. Bolt dismissed it as that's just how they are, until Sunset, Pinkie and another female student Tree Hugger have been getting... Bolder. He met Tree Hugger when he fell asleep in the courtyard under a... Tree. 'Go figure...' Bolt thought. She took it upon herself to be a pillow.


Flashback: 3 Months ago.


Bolt was sleeping under a tree, having a good day. The girls were busy helping Sunset redeem herself and Celestia and Luna were busy with school business, so the whole day no one bothered Bolt for anything. After some time, he started to stir, feeling something change within his surrounds. It wasn't a bad change, but it was... Different. Opening his eyes, he was greeted by a smooth abdomen. "That's not right..." Bolt turns his head a little to see an unfamiliar face staring at him smiling. "Umm... Can I ask what's going on here?"

"Oh! It's good to see you're awake. I hope you had a nice nap, you looked like you did." the girl lazily spoke.

"O~kay. Now, tell me why I'm on your lap?" Bolt asked

"Well~, You looked so comfortable and you were releasing such a good vibe, that I just, like, wanted to get in on it." the girl explained.

"Right then..." Bolt sat up and got a good look at her. She had thick, pale red dreads with light vermillion highlights and her eyes were a pale purple. She wore a white crop top, fairly worn, faded green jeans with flower patterns stitched on them and brown sandals. Bolt was about to go into the joys of personal space, but her smile defused it before he could voice his displeasure. "Alright, I guess introductions are in order... " Bolt stood to his feet and stretched out. Looking down at the girl, he held out his hand to help her up and she gladly accepts. "My name is Searing Bolt."

"I'm called Tree Hugger." Bolt held out his hand for a handshake, but Tree Hugger leaned in forward and hugged him instead. "No need for barriers." Tree Hugger said as she pulled him closer. "Wow, you really have nice energy! But I do feel some darkness, but it's like your positive energy like, completely overpowers it, ya know?"

Bolt pushed her away gently. "No, can't say I did. I guess it's nice to know, thanks." Bolt smoothed out his shirt and looked at his watch. "Oh! Time for the head back." he looked towards Tree Hugger who tilted her head. "You wanna walk back together? We can talk on the way back."

"Oh! That would be like, most wondrous!" Tree Hugger said, grabbing Bolt's hand as they walked back to the school.


Flashback end


"Well~, we're not ordinary friends, now are we? Anyway, me and the girls will be in the gym setting up for the showcase. Come by and help out when you can." with that said Sunset walked down the hall.

Bolt watched Sunset walk away and it was a walk she did only when she knew he watching. "*sigh* She just does what she wants doesn't she? They all do... I need to be careful... And lock my door at night." He walked down the hall until he reached Celestia's office. The door was already open, inside, he saw both Celestia and Luna standing behind her desk, looking over some papers. "Hey..." he called out, catching their attention.

Both Celestia and Luna look up to see Bolt standing in the doorway. "Bolt! Good morning!" Celestia excitedly greeted him.

"It's nice to see you decide to come, even though you have no classes thanks to the showcase coming up" Luna quipped.

"Almost didn't until the pink terrorist showed up on my doorstep making plans dealing with frosting... So, what did you two need from me this fine morning?" Bolt asked as walk further in.

"Well... We would like you to help Miss Shimmer, show three new students around later today." Celestia informed.

Bolt just stood there blinking for a couple of seconds. "N-"

Before he could refuse Luna interrupted. "Sorry Bolt, you can't refuse. You need more volunteer points in the school. Thanks to Fluttershy you have plenty outside points, so helping the school comes next." She explained

"...... Dammit... What time do they arrive?" Bolt growled out, folding his arms.

"In an hour. I will inform you and Miss Shimmer over the intercom when they arrive." Celestia told Bolt as he turned around and began walking out the door. She hesitated a bit, but then called out to Bolt. "Have a good day Bolt!"

Bolt stopped and turned his head a bit, then faced forward. "Yeah... Thanks, you too." he finished as he walked away.

"I see he's engaging with you a lot more." Luna stated

Celestia smiled. "In baby steps, but yes, he has started to be more involved with our greetings and conversations." she answered as they both continued what they were doing.


Bolt walked down the hall leading to the gym. 'Might as well help out, got shit else to do...' Bolt thought. He saw the door was wide open and saw Sunset walking toward the other girls who stationed themselves by the entrance.

"*sigh* I had no idea the whole school would be here." Sunset groaned.

Bolt walked up behind Fluttershy. "Kinda obvious ain't it? No classed but school attendance is still necessary. This was the logical choice... That and just about everyone is participating."

Everyone turned to the new voice and seen Bolt standing behind Fluttershy, who turned around herself. "Hey Bolt!" the girls greeted in unison.

Bolt cringed back a little. "Don't do that... It's creepy."

"Yes, Bolt." The girls responded in unison.

"Keep it up..." Bolt said, placing his hands near Fluttershy waist. "And the soft one gets it."

"Bolt, no!" the girls pleaded in unison.

"Sorry Fluttershy... I wish it didn't come to this." Bolt placed his hand on Fluttershy's waist earning an 'Eep' from his touch, then started tickling her.

"Hahahahahahaha!!! B-b-bo-Bolt! Please! Hahahahaha!!!!!" Fluttershy begged.

Bolt stopped, knowing Fluttershy couldn't take much more. After her tickle session, she started feeling a little faint. Bolt caught her under her arm when she started swaying backwards. "Didn't think I'd make you that light headed. Sorry Shy." she didn't answer, just responded by wrapping his arms around her neck. Bolt started thinking, looking at Fluttershy and the rest of the girls. 'Just five months ago, they were nosy busybodies that wouldn't leave me alone. Four months ago, I just accepted that they weren't gonna leave me be and just let them do as they pleased... Which lead to unnecessary contact: Hugs, hand holding, leaning against me, and involuntary leg rest... I blame Sunset for that one. The thing is, I use to either move, stop or tell them to cut it out. After a while though, I just said fuck it and once again let them do as they pleased. Three months ago is what lead to the "Personal zone invasion" and this started after I made friends with...' Bolt stopped in his realization... 'When did I start thinking of people as friends? No, I started thinking that way four months ago... Everyone has been super cool and respected my boundaries... Well, except for seven of them. But, they did respect my wishes to not talk about my past and I guess that's all I needed.' Bolt sighed, causing Fluttershy to look up at him in worry. He caught on to the worried look and gave her a reassuring smile. She smiled back and returned her focus to the conversation between the other girls. 'Thing is I can see that they're my friends, I can feel that they are and I know they are... Why can't I say they are? Do I still not trust them enough or am I keeping my defenses up?' Bolt was snapped out of his self-evaluation when Celestia and Luna walked in beside him.

"Good afternoon, students. I just wanted to tell you all how pleased I am that so many of you are going to participate in the first ever Canterlot High School Musical Showcase!" Celestia announced, Gaining cheers from the students. "This is a wonderful opportunity to raise money for all our after-school programs here at CHS. So keep working on those signs and posters. I think it's going to be one of the most exciting events we've had at CHS since the Fall Formal."

Upon saying that all the students present turn to Sunset. Sunset, shrinking under the stairs, Walked up to Bolt and Fluttershy, turned them to where they were facing the crowd and hid under Bolt's jacket. "H-h-hey!" Bolt softly shouted, but dropped it after hearing Sunset groan in defeat.


A little later the girls and Bolt relocated to one of the music rooms. "Ugh! I am never gonna live that down." Sunset said dejected.

"You were pretty bad at the Fall Formal..." Fluttershy reminded Sunset while walking up the stairs past Bolt, to get her tambourine.

"A demon. I turned into a raging, she-demon." Sunset corrected.

Bolt looked up from his notebook. "Correction. You turned a raging overcooked slice of swine." Bolt also corrected, earning a mild glare from Fluttershy, causing him to look back to his writing.

"Let's not forget the teenage zombie army" Pinkie chirped in.

Bolt snorted. "More like teenage meat shields. If what you shot me with was any indication on how much magic power is used over in Equestria? You wouldn't have got past the portal." He informed.

"Oh, darling, it's in the past now. And anyway, you have us, and we've forgiven you for your past... *ahem*... booboos." Rarity reassured Sunset.

"Either way, take it like this: Your actions cause the school to unite and help each other... Although, Spark plug did most of the work along with the other girls." Bolt explained.

"He's right, I'd say the whole experience brought everyone at Canterlot High closer than ever before!" Applejack agreed.

Pinkie rose her drumsticks in the air and start tapping them together. "1, 2, 3!"

There was a time we were apart
But that's behind us now
See how we've made a brand new start
And the future's lookin' up, ah-oh, ah-oh
And when you walk these halls
You feel it everywhere
Yeah, we're the Wondercolts forever, ah-oh, yeah!

This is when something that's been going on for a while happened, they started transform into the forms they took against Sunset at the Fall Formal. Bolt nor Sunset could explain why it happened just some general Ideas why, but it didn't seem to hurt anyone or mess with this world's dynamics and was just dismissed as a supernatural phenomenon.

We are all together
(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Now it's better than ever
(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)
You can feel it, we are back (You... can... feel... it...)
And I'm so glad that we're better
Better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh yeah, we're better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
[Rainbow Dash]
There was a time we couldn't see
Past the differences
[Applejack]
That separated you and me
And it left us on our own
[Pinkie Pie]
But now you walk these halls
And friends are everywhere
[The Rainbooms]
Yeah, we're the Wondercolts forever, ah-oh, yeah!
We are all together
(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Now it's better than ever
(Ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Now that we are back on track (Now... that... we... are...)
Yes, I'm so glad that we're better
Better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh yeah, we're better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh yeah, we're better than ever
Whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh
Oh yeah, we're better than ever!

Both Sunset and Bolt start clapping at the end of the song and the girls lost their ears and pony tails? Extension? 'What kind of magic powers gives you hair extensions?' Bolt could help but think.

"I still can't believe that happens when we play! Ooh! I've got to look into some new accessories! Something that looks good in a longer ponytail. Ooh! Maybe some clip-on earrings for when I get those adorable pony ears." Rarity said excitedly.

Bolt peeked up from his notebook and looked at Rarity. "Calm yourself..." Rarity just stuck her tongue out at him.

"I just wonder why it happens. Princess Twilight took her crown back to Equestria. Shouldn't that mean she took all the magic back with her?" Applejack inquired.

" Who cares why it happens? It makes my band totally awesome!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"I'll have to agree with Dash on this... Not the band part, she knows better... But the magic part. As long you girls aren't getting hurt by it, I can't say I too much care." Bolt answered never looking from his notebook. Bolt looked up to see the girls staring at him with smiles on their faces. "The hell y'all looking at?" he asked as someone knocked on the room's door. "Come in before something bad happens to me!"

The opened and Flash Sentry walked in. "Uh, heard you outside. You guys are sounding really tight." Flash complimented.

"Sounding tight?" Bolt questioned under his breath, earning a light elbow from Fluttershy who sat next to him.

"Uh, we're getting there. Rarity's still coming in a little late on the second verse, and Applejack's-" Dash was about to continue until Bolt flicked a small piece of eraser at her forehead effectively stopping her. She gave Bolt a dirty look, then he mouthed 'Restrict yourself...' and returned back to his notebook.

"Uh, I don't suppose any of our friends from, uh... Out of town might come? Uh, it being a special charity event and all." Flash asked as a pencil flew and hit his forehead. "Ow!"

Everyone looked at Bolt, who just stared at Flash. "What have I told you about that desperation! Ya mountebank." Bolt asked in a Scottish accent. Sunset caught on to what he said and Bolt felt her interjection coming. "I know what the meaning is, I just wanted to call him that. Cut me some slack!" he explained, stopping Sunset's correction.

"Oh, yeah. Okay. I just, you know, thought I'd ask. Uh, k-keep on rockin' it." Flash said nervously as he walked back out the room.

Bolt shook his head. "That boy all types of awkward..."

The door reopened and Flash stuck his head in. "Hey, uh Bolt?" Flash looked towards Bolt, to see him holding one of Pinkie's drumsticks, ready to throw it. "Wait!!! It's not that I swear!" Bolt held his arm up for a while then lowered it. Flash lets out a breath of relief. "I just wanted to know if you were down to hang tonight?"

"Hell no! After 'someone' went hog wild in my car, The coils, wires and sparks are shot. It needs a complete tune up." Bolt explained

"My bad... Hey, I can help out by buying you some wires and spark plugs!" Flash offered.

Bolt waved in dismissal. "Nah, I got it. I'll have everything done after the showcase."

"Oh... Another time then." Flash said, then closed the door.

"Didn't know you two were close." Sunset asked.

"We're not, I just hung out once." Bolt shrugged. "I guess I impressed them. What? Don't want me hanging with your ex?" Bolt asked, smirking.

"Please! Flash is a great guy and all, but I never really liked-him liked him. I was just using him to become more popular. Ugh! The old me really was just awful, wasn't she?" Sunset remembered.

"Mmm-hmm." Both Applejack and Dash agree.

"Uhh..." Fluttershy hesitated.

"Yep" Pinkie answered.

"Awful? You my dear, were a fatal bitch." Bolt said.

Sunset walked over and sits next to Bolt and shoves him with her shoulder then leans into him. "Thanks for being subtle, Bolt."

"Will Sunset Shimmer and Searing Bolt, please report to the main foyer." Luna announces over the P.A. system.

"Gotta run. I volunteered to show some new students around the school. Thought it'd be good for them to get to know the new me before they heard all the stuff about the old me." Sunset grabbed Bolt's sleeve and pulled him up and out the door.


"So... Your lack of surprise leads me to believe you were the one to suggest to my aunts about this whole me being a tour guide thing?" Bolt asked.

"Come on, It won't be so bad." Sunset reassured Bolt as they reached the foyer, once there they both spot three girls standing in the door. "Hi. Are you the girls we're supposed to show around?"

"We are." The girl in the center of the three answered. Bolt did a quick scan of all three girls. The girl on the right had arctic blue hair with darker blue streaks done up in a ponytail. She wore a purple jacket with the sleeves rolled up, on her wrists a pink studded bracelet, a pink skirt and pink...

'Not them boots again... Where do you even buy those?' Bolt thought as he shook his head lightly and look to the girl on the left. She had purple hair with teal streaks done up in pigtails. She wore a teal cropped jacket with the sleeves ripped off and a white tank underneath, she wore three bands going up both of her forearms, purple pants and purple boots. The last girl in the middle, she stood out intentionally. Her hair was puffy, the color was orange with gold streaks done up in a puffy ponytail held with a black studded band. She wore a light purple cropped jacket, a deep purple one piece... 'What would you even that? A jumpsuit? Argh, whatever.' Bolt thought as he continued his observation. She also wore light purple leggings with small purple triangles, light purple gloves and deep purple boots. Bolt had to admit, they were really attractive. As that thought floated around Bolt's mind, he looked up at the center girl's neck and noticed something. 'They all have the same gem necklace...' At that thought, Bolt felt the anxiety he felt after getting launched into the tree during the Sunset Shimmer conclusion pop back up. "Oh boy..."

"Is something the matter?" The center girl asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, just gotta lot to cover. Isn't that right Bacon bit?" Bolt turned to Sunset and asked.

"It's not that much Bolt, but we should go ahead and get started." Sunset stated and started to walk down the nearest hall with Bolt and the new girls close behind. "Canterlot High is a great school. You're really gonna love it."

"Oh, yes, we really sense there's something... Magical about this place." the center girl said suspiciously.

'... Well, at least there was a 6 month break before something stupid happened.' Was Bolt's final thought throughout the rest of the tour.