• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 494 Views, 3 Comments

Under Pressure - RockSteadyRolla

  • ...
4
 3
 494

Chapter 1



A teen male and a woman are seen walking down a hallway. The woman was a tall beauty with gorgeous color melding pink, green and blue hair. She wore what looks to be a purple striped shirt under a gold blazer, purple dress pants and gold heels. The teen had been just a little shorter than the woman, he had short sodium flame colored hair swept back(think Steve Fox) and held in place with a pair of cracked goggles. He wore a black and red custom racing jacket full of endorsement patches along the sleeves with a patch that looked like a warrior rune surrounded by a cog with more runes around it. His pants were tan cargo khakis and he wore all black sneakers. As they continued the woman turned to the young man.

"So, how do you like the school?" she asked.

"Can I just go to my class, Celestia?" he groaned as they both walked down the hallway.

"Bolt... Can't you call me Auntie like you use to?" she asked with sadness in her voice.

Bolt stops in his tracks. "You..." he starts walking away from her. "Lost that right 6 years ago."

Celestia could only look down, she knew how he felt about her after his parents, but she never knew it had gotten so bad between them. After watching him turn the corner, she sighs and walks back to her office.

Bolt walks through the hall looking at his student's handbook map. "Hmm... Is it this hall? No, the next one, then it would b-" Bolt was cut off when he bumped into something.

"Watch where you are going you idiot!" he hears a young female voice yell at him.

Bolt looks down and see a head full of red and yellow looking back at him with a wicked scowl on her face. He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. "Sorry? I guess?" He held out his hand to help her up, but she smacked his hand away causing his eyebrow to arch higher.

"What do you mean you guess? You knock me down you moron!" she yells as she stands up, drawing a crowd.

"Actually, you walked into me... And fell... And the fact that I was walking on the right side of the hall when we collided means you were paying just as much attention as I was and walked down the wrong side and well... Bounced off of me. So to speak." Bolt sighed and started to walk pass her. "I really don't have the patience for this.." he says as he walks away.

"Hey!!! I'm not done with you! Get back here!!!" she yelled and stomped her foot.

"Get bent, bacon strip. I'm done with you." the students in the hall gasped as Bolt walked, leaving a stewing red and yellow haired girl behind. After a minute or two of searching, Bolt found his intended destination. After sitting in a seat in the middle row, he feels a tap on his shoulder. Turning to the disturbance, he was greeted by a pink haired girl, smiling ear to ear. Her height reaches up to Bolt's neck. Her hair was like cotton candy and her powder blue eyes sparked with energy. She wore a white shirt with purple trim under a baby blue jacket, light pink skirt with three balloons on it and baby blue boots.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie! You're new here, right? Where did you come from? What school did you go to? What's your favorite color? Oh! Do you like parties?! Cuz I like parties!!! And-" Bolt cuts her off.

"I get that you are trying to get to know me as fast as you can, but can this wait? The teacher had been shooting death rays at us for a hot second now." Bolt points at the two-tone pink haired teacher standing at the front with her arms folded, tapping her foot.

Pinkie Pie saw this and quickly took her seat. "Sorry Miss. Cheerilee."

"It's okay Pinkie. I know how excited you get around new faces. Mr. Bolt, would you like to Introduce yourself?" Miss. Cheerilee asked, walking up to his desk.

"I can't say I do." Bolt answered before she reached his desk.

Sensing he would say no, she decided to give him the incentive to. So she leans down and whispers. "You know, if you do it now..." She gestures towards Pinkie Pie. "You can save yourself from her bombardment later~"

Bolt looked over to Pinkie Pie bouncing up and down in her seat, with gusto Bolt stood and walked to the front of the class. "My name is Searing Bolt." He looks toward Pinkie Pie. "I'm from Aiken, South Carolina, I moved from Atlanta-"

"Oh! Oh! Ohio?!" Pinkie Pie yelled interrupting Bolt.

"Wai-what? No! What? Wait, there is an Atlanta in Ohio?" Bolt shakes his head. "No, Georgia. Anyway, the school I transferred from I'd rather forget, my favorite colors are cherry sunburst and black, I'm indifferent to parties, but don't mind attending them if I'm invited-" he looks up and notice Pinkie Pie about to interrupt again and cuts her off anticipating her next questions. "I have no specific foods I like, I'll eat mostly anything-" feeling Pinkie about cut in, He looks her in the eye. "Pinkie Pie... No, no bugs... And my favorite flavor of cake or any baked good is strawberry. Satisfied?" he looked to Pinkie Pie who gave a satisfied nod, then walked back to his seat.

Hours pass and soon the lunch bell sounds. Students began to stand and head towards the as the teacher calls out. "Remember, we have a test at he end of the week, So study! Ah! Searing Bolt, may I have a word with you?"

Bolt stops at the door and turns around. "Yeah, Doc?"

The teacher stood at eye level to Bolt. He had swept back chestnut brown hair, he wore a plain white dress shirt with a red bow tie, brown slacks with suspenders. He sighs. "Please Searing Bolt call me Mr. Turner."

"Only if you just call me Bolt."

"Fair enough. Anyway, sorry for dropping you into a test so soon after transferring, but I've the other students prepare for weeks already and can't really back out now."

Bolt shrugs. "I don't mind. Hell, I may surprise you. Anyway, I hungry. I'll see you tomorrow." Bolt turns around and walks out the classroom. After a short walk Bolt found the cafeteria with ease and walked inside, but for some reason when he did everyone went quiet and started whispering. Not really caring why, Bolt got his food and sat at a small empty table. He enjoyed his solitude as he took a bite of his chicken sandwich, until he felt an all too familiar presence. He placed his sandwich back on the plate and sighed. "What now Pinkie Pie?" He looks towards Pinkie Pie, who flashing her ever bright smile, but this time she had someone else with her. The was probably an inch or 2 shorter, long pink hair in which she hid behind. She wore a white tank top, light forest green skirt with butterflies and her boot's color matching the skirt.

"Hi Bolt! Why are you sitting by yourself? Do you want company? Oh! By the have you met Fluttershy? What are eating for lunch? Are yo-"

"Pinkie!" Bolt yelled as quietly as he could. "If you're gonna take a seat, take it and ask one question at a time with me, Please."

Pinkie nodded and took a seat beside Bolt while Fluttershy took a seat on the other side of the table. Bolt looked to Fluttershy and met her eyes only for her to "Eep!" and hides back behind her hair. Bolt sighs and picks up his sandwich, just as he was about to take a bite he hears something. "Fluttershy..."

Bolt looks up at Fluttershy, who was staring at him. "Once again?"

"My name is Fluttershy..." she said with a little more volume above a whisper.

"I know that already, Pinkie just told me..." he saw shrink back under her hair and sighed. "Thanks for introducing yourself. Nice to meet you Fluttershy, I'm Searing Bolt." when he saw her smile, a sense dread washed over him. 'This girl... She dangerous. That smile almost ensnared me... If she was as assertive as that bacon strip from earlier, I may have been put in a tough spot... Watch out for that one.' Bolt thought as he picked up his sandwich, but before he could take a bite, a loud bang sounded through the cafeteria.

"NEW KID!!!" a girl yelled out.

Bolt sighs. "Speak of the devil..." without looking up, he hears her stomping in his direction. A moment later he feels her ire washing over him, not affected he keeps eating until she snatched the rest his sandwich and finished it off. "...And she will come. I wonder if I had got a chicken club, would you have been committing cannibalism? What's up Bacon bit?"

"We're finishing our conversation from earlier." she growled out, yanking Bolt out of his seat. "NOW!" she yells, pulling his face closer to her.

"I'm pretty sure you'll be the most beautiful strip of bacon out the pack if you lose the scowl an-" Bolt was cut off when she punched him. He didn't even waste a second before he swung back at her jaw, causing her to fall back on her butt.

"You-you hit me..." she was stunned. She couldn't believe he hit her and with no hesitation either

"I believe in equality." Bolt shrugs. "So, sorry, but double standards don't work with me." Bolt turns around and grabs his plate off the table. "You're just fortunate that I have enough common sense to only hit those that hit me." he looks up and sees a shocked and frightened Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. He walks away from the table towards the cafeteria exit.

"I demand you tell me your name!" she yells holding her cheek.

"Isn't it common courtesy to give your own name before demanding one out of others?" After a pause, he sighs.

"Sunset Shimmer, you'll do well to remember it! Now tell me your nam-"

Bolt cuts her off "Searing Bolt, My name's Searing Bolt." after revealing his name, Bolt walks out of the cafeteria after placing his plate with a pile of plates on top of a trash bin.

Sunset Shimmer stood up in deep in thought. 'I can't believe it. He's Searing Bolt of this world? I never thought I would meet him here and he's so... Different. Standing up to me wasn't new, but... he looked different, like he's lost hope in everything... No! It's not my problem! Just two more nights and at Fall Formal, I'll claim all that is mine!'


Hours pass as the school day came to a close. Bolt walks down the front pathway, seeing a sad looking Pinkie Pie leans against the school's statue. Pinkie notices Bolt and perked up just slightly as he neared, stopping in front of her. "Hey Bolty." she shyly waves, looking at the ground.

Noticing what this was about Bolt sighs. "Look Pinkie, I would have been a little scared to if the new guy didn't hesitate to hit a girl, bitch or not, as well."

"It's not right though! How can I call myself your friend if I fear you! I don't want to fear you, I want to be your friend!" she yells, grabbing Bolt's jacket sleeves.

"I'm sorry Pinkie Pie, but..." Bolt removes her hand from his sleeve, placing them to her side. "We're not friends... And probably never will be..." What Bolt saw next shook him to his core. Pinkie's hair deflated, her eyes were dull and she starts tearing up.

"Why? Did I annoy you? Did I-" Bolt cut her off.

"Pinkie!" he yells, grabbing her shoulders. "Look... I can't... I just can't... I had an issue in the past that made me lose trust in others..."

"But, you can trust me! I'm a great friend!"

Bolt grunts. "How about this?" Pinkie looks up into Bolts eye's, sadness still showing within. "We become associates? It's not as close as friends, but we are not total strangers. And special for you we'll become 'Bonding Associates'." Pinkie's hair instantly inflated when she heard that. "That means any party you throw, outings, or just chilling at each other's homes, I'll attend, only if I feel up for it and if I say no to anything, Accept it and move on. Got it?"

Pinkie jumped and wrapped her arms around Bolt neck spinning them both. "Yay! This is wonderful! There are so many things to plan for! And I have to show you I can be the bestest friend you could ever have."

"Don't try too hard." Bolt pulls Pinkie off of his neck.

"Oh! Idea! How about you come meet my friends..." Pinkie started to look a little downcast. "At least I still think we're friends..."

"I see... Well, you still have Fluttershy and I sure you two will work something out. And when you do, I'll... I'll give them the same set-up as you. Ok?" Bolt declared, watching the smile on Pinkie's brighten.

"Really! You promise?!"

"I'm a man of my word, but you have to let them know my boundaries. No asking about my past, past friends or past school. Some family matters, like my parents, I can talk about, but not today. Understand?"

"Okie dokie loki! Now let us both Pinkie promise!"

"Pinkie promise? What's a Pinkie promise?"

Pinkie slides close to Bolt and whispers. "No one EVER breaks a Pinkie promise. EVER!!!

"Alright, alright. I got it, I got it... So how do we do this Pinkie promise?"

"It's easy! Follow my lead and repeat after me!" Bolt look at her and followed her every move.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye..."

Pinkie started jumping up and down in place. "Ooohhh!!! This is so exciting!!! I gotta go start planning!" and with that Pinkie was gone, all that was left in her were still floating glitter and a confuse Bolt.

"What did I get myself into? Whatever, let's head home." Bolt started back on the path to the sidewalk only to see Celestia standing next to her car, parked on the side of the street. The car was a nice sun gold Cadillac CTS with a white interior. Letting out his umpteenth sigh. "What do you want Celestia?"

Catching on to his irritation, she sheepishly fidgeted around. "I know your car isn't here yet so I.. I thought you may have wanted a ride home?"

All he could do was look her up and down. Right now, Bolt couldn't stand her, but he still loves her. When they met again after all those years, he just decided to keep her distant instead of push her away. That way, if she disappear out of his life again, it would hurt a lot less than pulling her closer and mending their gap.

"Fine, let's go." Bolt passes by her and opens the passenger door. "Are you driving or not?" He said, sitting down and closing the door.

Stunned that he said yes, Celestia snaps out of her stupor and happily walks to the driver side. Once in the car they take off down the road. After a few minutes of driving in silence, Celestia decides to speak. "So... How was school?"

"Alright, met people, did stuff, regular school things basically." Bolt yawns, leaning back into his seat.

"Make any new friends?" she asks

"Kinda hard to do after what I've been through, don't ya think?" groaned

"Sorry..." it was a long pause before she started again. "You know, you don't have to live alone. You could always come stay with -"

Bolt wouldn't let her finish. "Oh, so that's an offer now huh? Pfft! Forget it that ship has sailed. Either way, I don't want to talk about it..."

"Bolt please, I'm sor-"

"We're here." was Bolt said, signaling that this conversation was done. Celestia pulled into the driveway and without missing a beat Bolt jumped out the moment she stop. "Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow." was all he said before shutting the door and walking into the house.

"I'm sorry Bolt... I hope one day you'll forgive this fool of an aunt..." Celestia said to herself before pulling out the driveway, on her lonely drive home.

Inside the house, Bolt makes his way to his room upstairs and prepares to shower. After a relaxing shower, he heads to the kitchen and pulls out some food prepared by his sister-in-law. "Nosy Ivy, she probably did this when they were moving stuff in while I was at school... Whatever, free food." after eating Bolt heads back to his room and flops on his bed. "Today was pretty eventful... Let's just hope that will be all the action I get for a long while." with those thoughts in mind, Bolt drifts off to sleep. Not knowing that today's problems were just one of many to come.