• Published 28th Jan 2017
  • 326 Views, 0 Comments

Symbols - Silver Inkwell



What will happen when new information about a very ancient and old lost city is found? Who will dare to explore it and face the danger and peril ahead of them?

  • ...
 0
 326

The Last Night

Chapter Five: The Last Night

“I sure am glad that we can finally get the chance and opportunity to rest now.”

“Quentin, young ponies are always grateful for the chance to rest their legs.”

“Yes, I guess that we are right about that,” he said now then.

“I am, but we old folk are even more so,” Kronos said now then.

“Is that because you’re older and therefore much weaker too as well?”

“Well I guess that you could say that, but I wouldn’t be too sure about anything at all ever in life, because if you are then it’ll just come back to bite and haunt you for the rest of your life only even if in all of your dreams and nightmares.”

“So basically what I’m hearing is not to make any assumptions at all ever?”

“Only the very rash stupid impulsive ones so basically yes I am telling you that.”

And with that said they both started to laugh before being cut off.

“Wait, do you hear that?” Daring said as her ears suddenly then perked up.

“Yes, what is it exactly?” Quentin said hearing the animal like screaming.

“It’s no beast, creature, or monster that I have ever heard before.”

“Well do you think that it could be coming here or is friendly?”

“In my experience and line or work the answer to those questions is one and the same, no. It’s very highly unlikely that any animal would dare to come here.”

“What about that one you talked about in the myths and legends?”

“The six-foot-tall creature? Please, that’s only in a myth and legend.”

“Sometimes myths and legends can be true,” Kronos said very simply and plainly now then. “Name one case where one has actually ever really came true.”

“Nightmare Moon,” he said very plainly and simply now then.

“Alright, fair enough point, but it still doesn’t change the fact that such a creature couldn’t ever possibly exist in real life,” she said now then.

“Oh, but they can, science is a very strange interesting art form, it can answer questions where magic cannot just as magic can do with it too as well.”

“Well I don’t think science really matters right now as much as a good night’s sleep, and I think tonight will be very interesting too with animals out, so I’m going to need extra from every pony, so good night and get some rest,” Daring said. And with that every pony slowly dozed off into a very deep sleep.