• Published 28th Jan 2017
  • 325 Views, 0 Comments

Symbols - Silver Inkwell



What will happen when new information about a very ancient and old lost city is found? Who will dare to explore it and face the danger and peril ahead of them?

  • ...
 0
 325

The Journey Begins

Chapter Two: The Journey Begins

The team came together and assembled on the previously agreed date and time and decided to talk before actually doing anything since none of them were ponies of action with the exception of Daring Do and Mortimer of course.

Kronos decided to speak first.

“I have a very particular talent, and it’s not finding lost cities,” he said very plainly and calmly now. “I feel like that was supposed to be a joke.

“Yes, it was, Daring,” he said smiling at his little tiny pun now then.

“So what exactly is your special talent then?” Daring Do said now then.

“This,” he said smiling and then suddenly in a blink of their eyes her hat was gone and then back on. “I can control time itself and no pony can stop me, however I can only do it for so long depending upon how much I manipulate it, for example if I slowed down time to half its normal speed than I could probably do it for many hours if I wanted to, if it was a tenth speed maybe that too, but the more I push it the shorter it becomes like what I just did with you now.”

“That is seriously way overpowered,” Daring Do said now then.

“Most would say so, but my powers don’t ever seem to grow or weaken yet as far as I can tell, but the more
I use it the more tired I become on a battle field for example, so therefore I don’t like to use it for very long periods of time anymore.”

“Well I don’t know about special talents and skills, but where shall we start our journey, I mean do we even have an idea of where we should go first?”

“Not yet Marco, but I think we might have something,” Helena said pulling out a map, “The lost city was located somewhere very warm and humid with wide vast huge amounts of vegetation, which leads me to believe that it is somewhere south of here,” she said pointing at a spot, “It should be close around there.”

“And what if it isn’t? What do we do then?” Quentin said now then.

“We press on and don’t give up, that’s what we do,” Daring said now then.

“And what should we do should one of us die, do we press on as we would have then, do we not take a moment out of journey to honor their name and memory and perhaps maybe even their great sacrifice?” Helena said now then.

“We can do that if you wish, but all journeys are hard, you have to understand that, and working together does mean that we take risk for losing each other, but we have to try to stick together until the very end, okay?” Daring said.

“Alright, fine then, let’s just get this over with,” and with that said they left.
And then they were on their way.

They took all of their stuff and started to go south and each pony tried to lighten the mood by talking and telling jokes and their life stories too as well.

“So, what’s your middle name?” Professor Jones said to Helena.

“Well it certainly isn’t as long as your name, its Wells.”

“So, you’re Helena Wells Turner?” he said very curiously with a smile on his face now then. “Yes, I am,” she said returning the smile with one of her own now.

“So, is this adventure going to be in a future book of yours?” Quentin said.

“Maybe, I’ll have to ask Miss Yearling to write it for me,” she said smiling.

“Come on, I know your secret identity already, you don’t have to hide from me or any pony else, your secret is safe with us,” he said smiling as he walked.

“Fine then, alright, it will be in a book if it’s good enough to sell.”

“Alright, fine then, that’s a very good perfect answer,” he said now then.

“So how can you control time exactly?” Helena said now then.

“I don’t know exactly, I’ve had it ever since I was very young.”

“Oh, really?” Helena said as they continued to walk

“Yes, no pony knew what to make of it, but I did, anyhow I don’t ever really use my power much except when I want to skip boring meetings or when I’m late for something really important or very urgent,” he said smiling now then.

“I don’t blame you for that,” she said continuing onwards now then.

“So, you’re a quiet pony, anything to share at all?” Marco Thatch said.

“No, please stop asking me these silly stupid questions,” Mortimer said.

“Aright, fine then, you win,” Marco said sulking to himself now then.

“So, what’s your favorite color exactly?” Helena said.

“Something fourth dimensional,” Kronos said smiling now then.

“Mine is blue, but I guess your answer is more awesome and amazing, okay then, what’s your favorite ice cream, and don’t say that same thing again.”

“Well that would be vanilla of course, and my real true color is actually blue, I just wanted to surprise and shock you the first time around,” he said now then.

“Alright, fine then, good answer, I also like vanilla too,” Helena said still smiling as they walked, “Exactly how long have we been going now?”

“Five minutes, and I know because I also have a sense of the passage of time.”

“Oh dear, this is going to be a very long trip,” Helena said.

“You’re telling me,” Marco said, “I have the boring one over here, he won’t tell me anything about him, no favorite color, song, genre of music and books ice cream flavor, nothing, seriously my sock puppets have more story than him now.”

“Please don’t play with your sock puppets,” Mortimer said sighing now then.

But it was already too late and Helena and Kronos went back to talking again now then. “So, what is your favorite genre of music and books?”

“Classical and Fantasy,” Kronos said. “Me too,” Helena said smiling now then.

“Oh get a room you two,” Quentin said going over to Marco.

“Can I talk with you?” Marco said now then.

“Sure, by my answers are exactly the same as theirs,” he said now then.

“Oh dear, this is going to be a very boring or painful trip.”

And with that said they slowly went on their way.

Eventually the day started to end and they had to camp out.

And when they did they started to tell ghost stories.

“Legend has it that the southern jungles are not inhabited because of a terrible curse upon every pony that was there, they went crazy and turned savage like wild animals, and there’s also all kinds of monsters and creatures in the south that you have never heard of before in Equestria, we have panthers and tigers and maybe snakes that can swallow a pony whole in one single bite too.

We have fish that can devour a cow in three minutes or less, we have gators and crocs, deadly mosquitoes that can give you the virus and disease, birds of prey that eat upon the smaller creatures of the forest as well too. We also have jaguars too as well. And finally we have the bests and monsters of myth and legend.

There’s the Tiguar, a Tiger Jaguar, we have also have had rumors that there could even be a phoenix down here and possibly even chimeras too as well.

We also have monkeys too, but they aren’t of myth and legend.

But this next one is, it has no name, and no pony has ever lived to tell of it, but it can walk on two legs, has the coldest cruelest eyes that you have ever seen, it has no hair on its body, it can stand up to six feet high, it runs very fast, and it can think like us, but it can’t talk, and it will kill if given the chance and opportunity, and all the other beasts and creatures in the forest fear it too.”

“Stop scaring them,” Daring Do said to Kronos, “I mean I guess there could be a Tiguar with cross breeding, but a two legged six-foot-tall creature? No way.”

“Yes way, it’s very real, and while no pony has lived to see it, there must have been some that have seen the damage that it can cause to others.”

“Get real, if such a creature did exist how come it’s the most dangerous?”

“Because it can think like us, we may not be able to understand it, but if it has any intelligence like we do then the creatures and monsters and other various random beasts are right to fear it,” Kronos said smiling now then.

“Well I think that’s enough of storytelling for now,” Daring said now then.

“Oh come on, I haven’t even gotten to the other creatures, monsters, and beasts of myth and legend yet!” Kronos said complaining very loudly now then.

“We have a very long day ahead of us, it’s time to get some rest.”

And with that said every pony decided to go to sleep reluctantly or not.

“Don’t worry, we’ll wake you up when it’s your time to guard the camp,” she said and then once she made sure that every pony was asleep she turned to Mortimer now then. “They’re asleep, or so I think, should we talk elsewhere now?”

“Perhaps, but let’s not talk details for now, okay?”

“Alright, fine then, how close are we to the city?”

“Mythos is miles away, it’ll take weeks before we get there, and there are a few particular stops that are quite literally in some cases gold mines along the way.”

“Good, I don’t want to leave this journey empty hooved, but are you sure that they won’t suspect anything until the very end?” Daring Do said now then.

“They’re clueless, they may be smart, but they’re also sure dumb at times.”

“Very good then, let’s continue the mission, just get in, take what you can get, and get out, and we’ll tell them that too, and then we’ll fool them all.”

“Yes, we will, now then, who should we wake up first?”

“How about Kronos? He can control time, and he can either be a very powerful enemy or ally, and I think you know what that means,” she said smiling.

“Oh yes, I do,” he said smiling, “But can I do what I want with him?”

“When the time is right, if not then they’ll suspect something, and make it loom natural, we wouldn’t want them to suspect something is up with us now.

“No, we would not.” And with that said they went back to guard duty now.

Author's Note:

But this next one is, it has no name, and no pony has ever lived to tell of it, but it can walk on two legs, has the coldest cruelest eyes that you have ever seen, it has no hair on its body, it can stand up to six feet high, it runs very fast, and it can think like us, but it can’t talk, and it will kill if given the chance and opportunity, and all the other beasts and creatures in the forest fear it too.”

Could it be MAN?