• Published 4th Jul 2012
  • 819 Views, 9 Comments

BPPF's - sniper125



Alana has been waiting for so long to meet her Best Pony Pal Forever after months of writing..

  • ...
5
 9
 819

Problems That Never Seem to Cease

Problem's That Never Seem to Cease

"Hey Alana, I'm home!" Both her and Bon Bon stiffened and stood up just as a large brown stallion with a short black mane trotted into the living room.

"Navid, I thought you had work today!" The mentioned stallion gave Alana a weird look that turned into utter confusion once he noticed Austin still lying on the floor.

"Who is that pony?" Navid pointed at Austin as he stood up.

"My name's Austin, I'm an old friend of Alana's I take it your her coltfriend?" Austin offered his hoof but was left hanging when Navid moved away.

"You never told me he would be coming to visit."

"I-I didn't think it was that big of a deal. He's on his way to Appleloosa for vacation so he decided to visit on his way there." Navid's eyes remained icy cold towards Austin.

"Hey man I didn't mean anything by coming here but it wasn't Alana's fault. I would have come here even if she didn't know."

"But what were you doing before I got here? You seem a little tired if you just got here." Alana stepped between the two stallions.

"We were just playing around! Noth-" Alana immediately regretted her choice of words as Navid's face began to grow warm with anger.

"You did what?!"Navid grabbed her hoof and pulled her behind him.

"Stay away from my Alana! She's mine!"

"Woah man, calm yourself! Nothing happened between us!"

"Oh sure, I bet Bon Bon loved the little peep show she got as well! I never liked the thought of you showing up. Now I know I was right." The angered pony pulled Alana behind him as the pair left the house.

"Navid stop it! Austin hasn't done anything wrong!" Before anymore could be said the two disappeared behind the closing door.

Austin stood there mouth agape. He looked to Bon Bon for an answer he knew wouldn't be there.

"What the hell was his problem? In a span of three minutes he was able to show up, flip out and take Alana away!" Bon Bon sighed and sat on the couch.

"Navid's always had issues with other stallions. Ever since they got together he's been keeping Alana away from nearly the entire male population. I think she realizes that deep down but I don't think she cares."

Austin took a seat next to her and rested his head in his hooves.

"But it isn't right, she's capable of making her own decisions!" Bon Bon rested a hoof on his shoulder.

"Well maybe you have to show her that. I've tried but I think you have the best chance. You know she talks about you all of the time?" Austin lifted his head up.

"She does?"

"Almost everyday.."

"I never knew, what does she say?"

"Nothing but good things I can tell you that. Oh Bon Bon you should have read what Austin said! He's so funny to talk with!" Bon Bon flourished her hooves which brought a smile to Austin's face.

"I guess you're right Bon Bon, but where would they go?"

"Navid lives out by the border of the Everfree Forest. It's a small house on top of a large hill." Austin nodded and thanked Bon Bon before hurrying out the door...

Navid's Home...

"Navid calm down! I've been telling you nothing happened!" Alana sat in a small recliner as Navid paced around the room.

"Then why didn't you tell me was coming? Even if nothing had happened how do I know you weren't planning to do something?!" Alana looked him in the eye with a shocked expression.

"I can't believe you would even think I'd do something like that! Don't you trust me Navid? After all this time you still can't let me have one friend that's a colt?" Navid was about to reply but stopped himself before doing so. Just as he was about to speak again a banging came from the door.


"Alana! Are you there?" She recognized the voice as Austin's and hurried to answer it. The door swung open and she let Austin inside.

"How did you find us? Did that Bon Bon filly tell you?" Navid stepped between the two of them.

"Listen buddy, I'm not appreciating the way you're treating both me and Alana." Austin took a step forward.

"Well I'm not appreciating you getting all touchy feely with my marefriend!" Navid moved closer as well.

The next words spoken surprised even Austin as his moved.

"Maybe we wanted to get touchy fe-" He was interrupted by a hoof to the face and was sent flying into a nearby table.

Several crashes followed as vases flew through the air and smashed on the floor. Alana cried out and began to move towards Austin until he shot up and socked Navid right back. Both continued to exchange blows until the sounds of sobs broke through the ringing in their ears.

They each looked around until their eyes fell on the whimpering form of Alana.

"Please... n-no more fighting..." She buried her head in her hooves when Austin sat down next to her and wrapped his hooves around her.

Navid wanted to comfort her but after what had happened he was in no mood to touch that blasted home wrecker. In an aggravated movement, he left with a slam of the door. When Austin was sure he left he finally spoke.

"I'm so sorry Alana... This isn't what I wanted when I came here." Alana looked at him through tear soaked eyes.

"It's isn't all you're fault Austin, he never listened to a word I said..."

"But if I never showed up this entire thing could have been averted." Another tear formed in the corner of her eye.

"No Austin, t-this is an old problem. I don't know what's happened to him... b-but when we met he was always so nice to everybody and we would always have fun with our friends. Now the only ones I'm able to see are Bon Bon and Lyra. Even then he gets annoyed whenever I go out." Austin didn't know who Lyra was but figured now wasn't the time to ask.

"I think I should go sort this out with him..." Alana prepared to stand until Austin held her down at eye level.

"What are y-"

"I have something to say before you go." A hint of uncertainty sneaked its way into the back of Alana's mind as she listened silently.

"You remember the day we met right? At the art gallery in Canterlot?"

"Yes but what-"

"Shush. Please listen first... Before we met I didn't have any friends in the community. Actually I didn't have many friends period. So when you and Mo' came to my stand, my heart filled with joy like a balloon." Austin held her hoof now.

"After that you know I started sending letters to you almost everyday. I don't know what they meant to you but to me they were like a lifeline. They kept me going, helped me become more social, they even saved my life sometimes."

"W-what are you trying to say?"

"I'm not trying I am saying that everyday I thought about you. I knew you were with Navid but deep down... I didn't care."

"But why?"

"Why?" Austin chuckled to himself and lifted them both up. In a matter of seconds their lips made sudden contact.

"Because I love you..."

To Be Continued...

Comments ( 2 )

getting interesting :pinkiegasp: for now i'll keep my eyes on this story. it has lots of promise to its future and lots of fans waiting to stumble upon it and enjoy it.

so far so good my friend keep up the good work :pinkiehappy:

ps: stache for you :moustache:

ITS BEEN ALMOST TWO YEARS

Login or register to comment