• Published 19th Feb 2017
  • 14,709 Views, 471 Comments

The Disney Chronicles I: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Dinodisneylover1



When Spike finds a strange book and shows it to his friends, they're immediately dragged into an adventure. First story of this series.

  • ...
6
 471
 14,709

Special Chapter: Music in Your Soup

Author's Note:

And now, ladies and gentlereaders, for the very first time. The scene, that didn't make it to the screen, in a crossover story: Music in Your Soup.

“Supper!”

Snow White clanged her spoon against the pot, as everybody, except Grumpy and Rainbow, ran inside sitting by the table. Snow White filled their bowls with a scoop of soup, everyone and every pony eyeing hungrily.

“Oh goodie!” Pinkie said. “I haven’t been this hungry since that picnic.”

“Feel free to take as much as you want, ya’ll,” Applejack said. “Me and Snow White made it with a very special apple family recipe."

“Then let’s get on with it,” Happy said.

They all put their bowls on the table and began to eat. Everyone, except Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack, slurped the soup noisily. Happy was the first to have a smile on his face.

“Gee, Applejack,” Happy said. “This is the best soup ever.”

“Why thank you, Happy,” Applejack replied. “That’s mighty kind of you, but could you…”

But before Applejack could finish, they all slurped further. Happy began to sing, while everyone was still eating and slurping.

Then everybody, apart from Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy sang along and kept slurping. Bashful even tied his beard around his head to eat better, while Dopey and Pinkie drank their entire bowl in one gulp.

Then they all clinked their bowls to each other, filling them again and continued to eat.

To Rarity’s shock, Twilight drank her soup like a pig.

“Darling, why are you eating like that?” Rarity asked. “That’s definitely unladylike of you.”

“Sorry, Rarity,” Twilight replied, sheepishly. “I didn’t realize how hungry I was.”

“Well, the others ain’t doing any better,” Applejack noted.

Meanwhile, Doc used some bread to dip in the soup and shot it right in his mouth. Sneezy used two spoons to eat more soup, while Happy ate normally in his own way. Spike used his tail to scoop up some soup, launched it in the air and drank it in one gulp. Dopey used his tongue to lick the soup like a dog, even panted like one and licked his face off.

Suddenly, a familiar blue Pegasus went inside looking like her normal self. She still wasn’t happy about what happened moments ago, but she smelled the soup and soon the growling in her stomach made her forget. As Rainbow Dash went to sit at the table, a certain grouchy dwarf came in and smelled the soup too, his mouth beginning to water. He looked around to see if no one saw him and slowly crawled toward his chair. When he reached the table, he kept sniffing at the food. He sat on his chair and saw Rainbow Dash tasting the soup, a smile on her face. She still didn’t like Grumpy’s attitude, but she couldn’t help but say the next thing.

“Oh boy!” Rainbow said, after a slurp. “You got to taste this, Grumpy!”

Grumpy looked at the soup, raising an eyebrow. He took his spoon and dipped into the bowl. He sniffed at the broth, then tasted it. His eyes went wide and quickly grabbed the bowl closer. He ate the soup, slurping very loudly. Finally, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy couldn’t take it anymore as all the slurping made them lose their appetite.

“Please, please!” Snow White said.

When no one listened, she grabbed a spoon and clinked against her bowl. The dwarfs, ponies and Spike stopped immediately when they heard the clinking. All except Grumpy, who was slurping very loud till Sleepy stopped him. Sleepy gave him a few nudges and Grumpy was about to hit him. But Sleepy showed him why he did it and Grumpy already knew the answer.

“Thank you, Snow White,” Rarity sighed. “I didn’t know how much more I could take.”

“Where did you learn to eat soup that way?” Snow White asked.

“Oh, guess it just comes natural,” Bashful said.

“Hah, anybody can do it,” Happy replied.

“With practice,” Bashful added.

“I’m sorry, boys,” Rarity said. “But slurping isn’t good table manners.”

“Yeah, it is kind of annoying,” Applejack agreed.

“We’re sorry, girls,” Pinkie said. “But the soup is so delicious.”

“Hah-hah, yes. But you don’t understand,” Snow White explains, sitting down. “This is the way ladies and gentlemen eat soup.”

“Ladies and gentlemen?” The dwarfs asked.

“Yes, it’s the most proper and refine way to eat,” Rarity said.

“Much better than slurping,” Fluttershy added.

“Fine,” Rainbow groaned.

“Now watch,” Snow White begins, demonstrating. “Spoon in the hand, bending the wrist, into the bowl and out with a twist.”

“Spoon in the hand, bending the wrist, into the bowl and out with a twist,” The dwarfs, ponies and dragon said, attempting the same thing.

“Fine! That’s perfect!” Rarity said, with a smile.

“Perfect?!” The dwarfs, Pinkie, Rainbow and Spike said in unison.

They did exactly how Snow White showed them but slurped again doing it. Rarity’s mouth hung wide open and Applejack closed it for her. Snow White nearly gasped, but then shook her head with a smile.

“Well, at least they’re improving,” Fluttershy assured.

Twilight, Fluttershy, Rarity, Snow White and Applejack ate their soup the proper way, while the others did the same thing.

“So, you arrived here because of a book?” Doc asked Twilight.

“Yes, it was very weird,” Twilight answered. “Although, we had kind of the same experience with a comic book. We did return home in the end.”

The dwarfs raised an eyebrow at her, they had no idea what a comic book is.

“So how are you going to get home if you want to leave?” Bashful asked. “Not that you have to leave, that is.”

“I don’t know,” Twilight admits. “I’m not sure if we’ll get back home, but I won’t give up till we find a way back.”

“It’s amazing how you use that tragic… Uh, magic of yours,” Doc replied.

“Yes, but don’t worry. I don’t use my magic as the Queen does. I’ve been tutored by Princess Celestia herself. She’s the ruler of all Equestria, along with her sister, Luna. Boy, I’ve got stories to tell her when I get back… That is, if my friends and I ever get back.”

The dwarfs saw how worried Twilight was, even her friends seemed concerned.

“Don’t worry, Twilight,” Doc assured. “I’m sure you’ll find a way somehow.”

“And when you do, you’re welcome here anytime,” Sleepy said, with a yawn. “You and your friends, just like Snow White.”

Twilight and Snow White smiled, pleased to feel accepted by the Dwarfs, well six out of seven.

“Thank you all so much,” Twilight said. “You seven are great, I’m sure Princess Celestia would love to meet you.”

Twilight then draws her attention to Snow White.

“She’s kind of like you, Snow White. Not only because she’s a princess, but she’s very kind, caring and gentle. You’d like her.”

“I sure would be delighted to meet your mentor someday,” Snow White said.

“And we’d love to come back as much as we want,” Fluttershy added. “That is, if Grumpy wants that.”

“Yeah, yeah whatever,” Grumpy muttered, still eating.

“Really?” Rainbow answered. “Aren’t you even a teensy bit happy about anything?”

“Not one bit.”

“Well, you should be,” Pinkie replied, with glee. “Prepare yourself, Mr. Frowny Face. I’m gonna turn that frown upside down.”

“I’d like to see you try,” Grumpy challenged.

“Oh, you bet I will. Tonight, we’re gonna party… Pinkie and Happy style!”

A party?!” The dwarfs yelled. “Hooray!”

As the dwarfs finished eating, Dopey slurped powerfully his spoon drew closer to his mouth. In his enthusiasm, another slurp sent the spoon directly into his mouth. He was about to take another sip when he noticed his spoon was not in his hand. Confused, he looked there and even under his sleeve. He looked at his bowl of soup and searched through the broth when he suddenly started to hiccup again releasing bubbles through his mouth. Only this time, he also heard a metallic clink. He hiccups again and, as a result, he accidentally pushed the bowl away. He rubbed his belly and heard the same metallic sound again, finally realizing his spoon was in there. The silly dwarf tried to get everyone’s attention, pointing to his mouth in panic when he released another hiccup. The dwarfs, ponies, Spike and Snow White finally noticed the silly dwarf.

“Wha-wha-wha… What’s the matter with Dopey?” Happy asked.

“I think he swallowed his spoon,” Spike answered.

“Oh, poor thing,” Fluttershy said.

Dopey’s hiccups got more violent, making him jump in midair. He tried holding his chair tightly, but that didn’t work as they both jumped in the air after one hiccup.

“Get him!” Doc called out.

“I got him!” Happy cried.

Happy tried to grab Dopey, but the silly Dwarf hopped in the air. All the other dwarfs, ponies and dragon rushed over to catch him. They reached for the chair, but it hopped higher in the air. Just when they brought it down, Dopey took to the air again. Twilight managed to catch Dopey with her magic, as Sneezy and Sleepy held him down.

“It’s okay, guys,” Twilight said. “I got him.”

Suddenly, another hiccup sent Dopey, Sneezy, Sleepy and even Twilight in the air and crashed back to the floor. Happy managed to hop on the chair, as Dopey held on.

“Open his mouth,” Happy instructed, pulling his sleeve. “I’ll get it.”

Sneezy opened Dopey’s mouth as wide as possible, while Happy stood with his arm ready.

“Say ‘Ah’,” He instructs Dopey.

"Aaaaaaaaah!"Dopey said.

Dopey hiccups again, this time releasing a bubble containing the spoon.

“There it is!” Grumpy calls.

“Grab it!” Rainbow shouts.

“I got it!” Happy yells.

Happy tried to grab the spoon, but the bubble pops sending the spoon back into Dopey’s mouth, into his stomach.

“Twilight use your magic to get it out,” Rainbow suggests.

“I don’t know if I can; I don’t want to hurt him.”

“No, no. That’ll never work,” Doc corrected, shaking his head. “Turn him upside down. Snake it… Uh, shake it out!”

Rainbow and Grumpy held Dopey upside down, trying to shake the spoon out. When that didn’t work, Grumpy slapped Dopey’s behind as hard as possible.

“Alright, ya’ll,” Applejack called out. “Ah’ll get it! Bend him over!”

Grumpy, Sneezy and Spike bent Dopey over, while Applejack pulled the underside of his vest aside. Applejack took a few steps back.

“Ready?”

“Ready!” The dwarfs, ponies and dragon said in unison.

Dopey just gulped and closed his eyes, afraid of what the cowpony had in mind.

“Clear the way!” Applejack cried.

Lifting her arms in the air, Applejack rushed toward Dopey. When she was close enough, she quickly turned and gave Dopey a hard buck to the behind causing both the spoon and piece of soap to burst from his mouth.

They all stared and pointed with a smile, even Grumpy was impressed. Snow White ducked, as the soap and the spoon crashed against the wall.

“Hooray!” Everybody shouted.