• Published 19th Feb 2017
  • 14,661 Views, 471 Comments

The Disney Chronicles I: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Dinodisneylover1



When Spike finds a strange book and shows it to his friends, they're immediately dragged into an adventure. First story of this series.

  • ...
6
 471
 14,661

A Book?

Equestria, a world unlike ours. Filled with magic and wonder, but also with danger. The residents consist of ponies, “talking magical” ponies, consisting of three tribes: The Earth ponies, who take care of the land and some of them very strong; the Pegasi, who control the weather; and the Unicorns, who can use magic. But there’s also one type of pony that has the power of all the tribes: The Alicorns, they are their leaders and only three-to-four rule all of Equestria.

Today, we go to a very special town in this world called “Ponyville”.

Most ponies of all tribes live there. Our story, like so many others, are about six very special ponies. One of them is a Unicorn/Alicorn named Twilight Sparkles. Since her library/house was sadly destroyed by the centaur Tirek, she and her dragon assistant, Spike, reside in a castle of their own. Today is a normal day for them, but tonight they planned something special.

“Are you sure everything’s ready for tonight, Twilight?” Spike asked.

“One hundred percent sure,” Twilight said. “I couldn’t have done it without my number one assistant.”

“Ah, it was nothing,” Spike said, looking around the room.

They were in the library, but a few things were added for tonight. There was a table with snacks and drinks, along with seven sleeping bags on the ground.

“I’m so excited for tonight’s slumber party,” Twilight said self-assuring, with excitement. “We style each other’s mane, tell ghost stories, eat s’mores and so on. After my first slumber party with Rarity and Applejack, I’m prepared for everything.”

“Hopefully, there’s also something that I can do,” Spike said, motioning with his fingers. “Not only all that girly stuff.”

“Don’t worry, Spike,” Twilight giggled. “It’ll be fun for every pony… And dragon.”

Spike smiled at this, when he realized something.

“Maybe I can go into town to see if I can find some delicious gemstones for tonight,” Spike said, with excitement.

Twilight couldn’t help but roll her eyes with a smile.

“Okay, see you later.”

With that said, Spike opened the door and went into town.


The whole day, Spike searched for gemstones and other things he likes. It was nighttime and Spike had found just what he wanted.

“Finally, after hours of searching, I have some yummy snacks for tonight,” Spike declared.

Spike happily walked back to the castle, when he suddenly noticed the time on the clock tower.

“Uh oh, better hurry or I’ll be late!”

Spike didn’t get very far when something caught his eye. In the star-filled blanket of darkness, a big star shone brightly. It was so beautiful to look at, Spike couldn’t keep his eyes off it. Suddenly, the star shined brighter and began to move. It flew quickly above Spike, as it descended somewhere in the Everfree Forest. The impact caused a huge wave of light every pony could see, but for the moment only Spike saw it.

“What was that?” Spike asked himself. “Looks like it went toward the Castle of the Two Sisters; I better check it out.”

Spike ran toward the entrance to the forest, hesitating a little. He knew the Everfree Forest is dangerous, but he was too curious. Gathering all his strength, he ventured into the forest. Little did he know, two small yellow eyes were watching him.


Walking through the forest, Spike looked around nervously. Something could sneak around the trees, waiting for the perfect moment to pounce. Suddenly, he heard rustling and quickly searched for the source. Another caused Spike to turn, closer this time and then once more till it suddenly stopped. Very aware of what might happen, Spike eyed the forest surrounding him. He turned around when he saw something in front of him causing him to jump in the air with a yell before falling back to the ground. It was an owl. But not just any owl, it was one he knows very well.

“Owlowiscious!” Spike said. “Don’t scare me like that; I thought you were a Timberwolf or something.”

“Hoo?” The owl named Owlowiscious said.

“I’m going to the Castle of the Two Sisters.”

“Hoo?”

“A star impacted there; I’m going to check it out.”

“Hoo-hoo.”

“I know it’s the girls’ slumber party tonight, but I’m curious about that star.”

“Hoo?”

“Me, that’s who,” Spike said.

Spike walked past the owl continuing toward the Castle. The owl shrugged before following him through the forest.


After minutes walking in the forest, Spike and Owlowiscious finally reached the old castle, which was still in the same state. Spike was slightly frightened by the look of the castle at night. But still, with great determination, he crossed the bridge to move further.

When they approached the gate, Spike slowly opened it as it made a creaking noise. Spike took a look inside, opening the gate a little more. As he and Owlowiscious went inside, they looked around.

“Hmm,” Spike thought. “I wonder where it is.”

“Hoo,” Owlowiscious said.

“It’s not ‘who’, it’s ‘where’.”

They searched through parts of the castle; after a while, they found nothing.

“Did you find anything?”

“Hoo.”

“I swear I didn’t see things,” Spike sighed. “I saw a shooting star fall here! Did I let my imagination get the best of me?”

Suddenly, Owlowiscious saw a bright light shine through a window.

“Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo!” The owl said.

“Not now, Owlowiscious,” Spike answered. “I’m trying to think.”

The owl, however, paid no attention and instead used his talons to turn Spike’s head toward the light. By the time he sees it, Spike’s eyes widened.

(Music at 1:17)

"Wow." Spike said. "It's coming from the gardens!"

Spike ran toward the garden entrance and when he arrived, he couldn’t believe what he saw. Before his eyes, the glowing light came upon something at the top of a tower of rocks. Slowly, he approached the rock pile before turning his attention to his owl friend.

“Wait here.”

Owlowiscious perched on a tree branch while watching Spike climb the rock pile. He climbed higher and higher till he was almost at the top. Suddenly, a loose rock almost made him slip and fall, as the rock fell to the ground.

“Hoo!” Owlowiscous cried, panicked.

But Spike regained himself as he climbed further, closer to the light. Owlowiscious watched with big eyes before Spike finally approached the source. It was revealed to be a golden book with a red bookmarker and a strange insignia in the center. Suspicious, Spike picked up the book.

"This...is it?" Spike asked himself. "A book?"

(Music stops at 2:05)

“Hoo?” The owl asked.

Spike slid down the rock pile toward his feathered friend.

“I don’t get it; it’s just a book.”

As Spike observed the book, his attention turns toward the strange insignia.

“Wait a minute. What’s this?” Spiked asked. “I’ve never seen a symbol like this before.”

The symbol appears to be a big circle, a blue gemstone with two smaller circles on the top.

“This is something Twilight would like, maybe she’d know,” Spike declared. “Let’s go.”

Together they left the castle and rushed back through the forest toward their friends.


Meanwhile, the girls are already enjoying their slumber party. While Rainbow and Applejack were having a pillow fight, Fluttershy, along with Rarity and Twilight, were giving each other make-overs. Pinkie Pie, on the other hoof, was making a few s’mores.

“Isn’t this delightful?” Rarity asked.

“It sure is,” Applejack said, while playing with Rainbow.

“Wait till you taste some of my self-made s’mores,” Pinkie said. “This time, I put a secret ingredient in it.”

Looking left-and-right, Pinkie approached Fluttershy.

“Do you know what the secret ingredient is?” She asked.

Fluttershy was about to say something, but Pinkie interrupted whispering in her ear.

“A secret.”

“I kind of thought you would say that,” Fluttershy said.

“Twilight darling, where’s Spike-Wikey?” Rarity asked, while giving Twilight a mud mask.

“I don’t know,” Twilight answered. “He was looking for gems for the party, but he hasn’t returned yet.”

“I hope nothing happened to him,” Fluttershy said.

“I hope so too,” Pinkie agreed. “I mean, he could be eaten by Timber Wolves, clobbered by mean teenage dragons or killed by something so strange and mysterious we can’t even explain!”

As Pinkie went over every possibility, Fluttershy got very nervous and trembled. Even Twilight was about to panic.

“Pinkie Pie, don’t say that!” Rarity cried. “It’s one of those things that can give us a heart attack!”

“Besides, Spike is a smart guy,” Rainbow assured. “I’m sure nothing’s going to happen.”

Twilight began to think when the door opened revealing the tiny dragon and the owl. The girls let out a sigh of relief knowing their friend is okay.

“Spike, where have you been?” Twilight asked.

“Sorry, I’m late,” Spike apologized. “But I just saw the strangest thing!”

“What strange thing?” Twilight asked.

“A star shined very brightly and suddenly fell down,” Spike explained. “It landed in Celestia and Luna’s old castle.”

“A falling star? Was there any damage?”

“Not a crack, it just fell in the gardens. It glowed brightly, but here’s the weird part: Instead of a star, I found this.”

Spike showed Twilight the book, clutched in his claws.

“A book?” Rainbow asked, with a raised eyebrow.

“Spike, you didn’t take another book from the library without permission like last time, did you?” Twilight firmly asked.

“No, I didn’t,” Spike insists. “This was on top a pile of rocks; I’ve never seen a book like this before.”

“Ooooooh… Mysterious,” Pinkie smiled.

“Look at the insignia,” Spike said, showing the book cover.

Twilight observed the symbol of the book. Spike was right, this was an unfamiliar symbol.

“What do you think it means?” Spike asked.

“I have no idea,” Twilight answered.

Twilight tried to open the book, but it won’t open. It was then she noticed a lock on the right side.

“It’s locked and I don’t have a key for it.”

“Don’t you have a spell to open it?” Rainbow asked.

“I could try that.”

Twilight’s horn glowed, as she aimed at the lock. A magic laser flew from her horn and hit the lock. Twilight grunted while doing her best to open it, when suddenly the lock shook and fired an electric bolt toward Twilight sending her falling to the floor. Her spell didn’t work.

“That’s one strong lock,” Applejack noted.

“Twilight, are you okay?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’m fine, Fluttershy,” Twilight answered, rubbing her head. “I’ve never faced a book like this before. Whatever’s inside it, it’s really powerful magic.”

Spike examined the insignia on the book, placing his claw on it. No pony knew that the book felt Spike’s claw, as some energy began to spark.

“Great, how do we know what’s in it if you can’t open it?” Rainbow asked.

“I tried my best,” Twilight argued. “We should go to Princess Celestia, maybe she knows something about this book.”

Suddenly, the book shot a pillar of energy through the roof drawing their attention, as Spike quickly backed away.

“Oh great, now I have to fix the roof!” Twilight groaned.

“Oooooh… Shiny!” Pinkie said, putting on some sunglasses.

“Spike, what did you do?” Twilight asked.

“I just touched it!” Spike answered.

“YOU WANT TO KNOW THE KNOWLEDGE FROM THIS BOOK, THAT I KNOW,” A loud female voice spoke from the book.

Suddenly, as it continued, a holographic circle with many symbols appeared before them.

“YOU NEED TO PROVE YOURSELF TO SHOW IF YOU’RE WORTHY! CHOOSE WISE AND DO NOT LINGER! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!”

The ponies and dragon faced each other in confusion, while the holographic circle floated horizontally.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked.

A burst of magic appeared in the circle’s center showing a symbol. Pinkie eyed it with excitement.

“Oooh, is it a guessing game? I love games! Wait, wait, wait! Don’t say it! It’s a… It’s a…”

“It looks like an apple,” Fluttershy answered, observing curiously.

Concentrating, Twilight observed both the circle and the symbol. Eventually she noticed the other symbols on the shape.

“I think we need to choose the matching symbol.”

“There it is; I see it!” Pinkie answered, pointing toward the apple symbol on the circle.

Stepping closer, Twilight slowly placed her hoof on the circle. When she rotated the circle a bit, her hoof flinched back. But then she placed it back and rotated so the apple symbol was in front of the bigger apple symbol. Suddenly, it exploded briefly before a new symbol appeared.

“Hey, now it’s a sun,” Applejack observed.

Twilight began to think again when it dawned on her.

“I think we need speed and teamwork to win this challenge. Come on guys, help me with this.”

“I see the sun symbol!” Rarity pointed.

Twilight rotated the circle till the big symbol explodes, assuming a new symbol which this time was a lamp. Rainbow was next to rotate the circle and the symbol explodes again. With each change, the pillar of energy became stronger.

“Hurry!” Twilight urged. “Who knows what will happen if that pillar enlarges?”

No sooner did Twilight say so when a new symbol appeared.

“Hey look, Rarity,” Pinkie said. “A glass slipper.”

“Over there!” Applejack directed.

Twilight rotated the circle again and once more the symbol exploded. A new symbol appeared in the form of a snowflake. Rarity rotated it and the symbol explodes. During this time, different symbols appeared: A rose, a butterfly, a jack o’ lantern, a lion cub, a music note, a seashell, and a Chinese dragon. Finally, the last symbol, a medal with a cloud and lightning bolt, appeared. Knowing time was running out, Twilight quickly rotated the circle to the matching symbol up front. All of a sudden, as the other ponies and dragon covered their eyes from the light, the pillar of energy disappeared.

“You have proven yourself worthy, noble ones,” The female voice spoke. “Please, accept your reward.”

In a flash, a key appeared as the girls looked wide eyed. With her magic, Twilight took the key and examined it.

“Wow, what was that all about?” Rainbow asked.

Twilight didn’t answer right away, as she looked at the book. Slowly, she placed the key in the keyhole, which accepted it. With one turn, a click sound followed.

“It’s open,” Spike said.

Twilight opened the book to the first page, where she saw a message. She read it aloud:

Dear readers and adventurers,

You are in possession of the book of Disney. This book is very special in its own way.
It makes the world you are living now change forever. While you read it, it is just like you are experiencing the stories yourself.
Experience these amazing adventures full of wonder and danger. Face the nefarious villains and
bond yourself with the characters that are pure of heart.

Have fun.

Raising an eyebrow, Twilight studied the various pages of the book.

“Wait!” Twilight said, her eyes wide. “This is a storybook!”

“A storybook?” Rainbow asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oooh… You mean a book with stories about princes, princesses and dragons and such?” Pinkie asked excitedly.

“When you say it that way,” Twilight answered. “Then yes.”

“My goodness,” Fluttershy smiled. “Can you read one, Twilight?”

“Well, I don’t know…” Twilight spoke, uncertain.

“Please, please, please…” Pinkie begged.

“Pwetty please…” Fluttershy added.

They faced Twilight with puppy dog eyes, which she couldn’t resist.

“Well, okay. Who knows? It might be fun.”

“Ooh, I’m so excited!” Rarity said, lying on her belly.

The rest of the girls, Spike included, sat either on their haunches or on their bellies.

“All right let’s read the first one,” Twilight declared, facing the first story of the book.

Twilight read the title and then the story:

Once upon a time,
there lived a lovely little Princess named Snow White.
Her vain and wicked stepmother, the Queen, feared that some day, Snow White's beauty would surpass her own. So she dressed the little Princess in rags and forced her to work as a Scullery Maid.

“How awful!” Fluttershy shuddered.

“My word,” Rarity said. “I may be fabulous, but I would never do such a thing to my family or underlings.”

Twilight read further, turning the page:

Each day, the vain Queen consulted her Magic Mirror,

"Magic Mirror on the Wall,
Who is the fairest one of all?"

..and as long as the mirror answered "You are the fairest one of all",
Snow White was safe from the Queen's cruel jealousy.

“Whoa, that Queen has a real problem,” Spike said.

“You can say that again,” Applejack agreed.

“Oh, I hope that Snow White likes animals as I do,” Fluttershy said, with a cute smile.

“I think we’re about…” Twilight said.

But before she could finish, a large burst of magic, light and energy combined, released itself from the book. The force was so strong is began to suck Twilight inside the book.

“WOW! HEY!! AAAAAAAAHHH!!!” Twilight screamed.

“Twilight!” Spike yelled.

The little dragon leapt towards Twilight, trying to pull her out. But the magic began to suck Spike in as well. Rainbow tried to pull both Spike and Twilight away from the book, only to get sucked in too. Soon, Applejack tried, as well as Rarity and Fluttershy. But none of that helped, as they all got sucked within the pages. Pinkie, on the other hoof, skipped merrily towards the book and jumped inside with one big “Wee-Hee!” With the group sucked in, the book quickly closed showing the cover.

Meanwhile, the ponies and dragon began to swirl around in a vortex through space. They kept spinning faster and faster till a bright light shone at the end covering the entire area with light.