• Published 24th Jan 2017
  • 1,591 Views, 199 Comments

Not a Cloud In the Sky - OutOfTheBlue



Cloud Nine was not like most ponies. Living a good life is hard when you always go it alone, but with a stranger randomly falling into his life, that's about to change.

  • ...
9
 199
 1,591

PreviousChapters Next
Moving Out

Cloud scowled as he slowly was wheeled along in his wheel chair. Despite having a miraculous recovery so far, he still had broken his leg and collarbone. As he, Aqua, and Pandora neared the main doors of the castle, they saw the three princesses and Shining Armor waiting for them.

So help me if this is another surprise I'm going to scream.

The group stopped and stood (or sat in Cloud's case) before them. Princess Celestia stepped forward.

"On behalf of all present, I wish to bid you farewell Cloud, and may you find happiness in your new home." Shining nodded before speaking up.

"On behalf of the Royal Guard, I would like to formally thank you for your service." Cloud waited for them to finish. Surely they would compensate him for the weeks of suffering he'd endured, both physical and emotional. Cloud just stared as the royals turned and started leaving. They were just going to sweep him under the rug. They expected him to take a shrug and an "oh well" in return for all his troubles. Cloud had had enough. They were going to repay him and the consequences be damned.

"That's it?" Everyone turned to look at him.

"Is something the matter?" Princess Luna asked.

"Yes something's the matter! Not to be ungrateful but it would be helpful if you would give me something for all the crap I've been through in your employment! I've been poisoned, humiliated, beaten to the brink of death, you forced me to see my asshole family, and traumatized in several ways and you think you can BARELY EVEN APOLOGIZE!?! No, I demand you make this right." The Princesses plus Prince stared at him in shock. Pandora staired in a mixture of concern and pride, and Aqua just looked confused.

"B-but that isn't really the pony way! We made a few honest mistakes and we apologized, why would you need anything else." Cadence said. Cloud grew a look of disgust.

"A few mistakes!? YOU CRIPPLED ME! I can't work until I can walk again! I can't fly because of the strain it would place on my still broken wings, also, I can't remember squat because of the BRAIN DAMAGE, and you have the audacity to say you made 'a few mistakes.' Burning a cake is a mistake not almost killing a pony. I'm just glad it was me who the spell backfired on, not my fiancé or son." At the word "son" Aqua gave a silent cheer.

"Now then, if you don't inform me of your reply in two days time, YOU'LL BE SEEING ME IN COURT!" At that Cloud wheeled himself dramatically away. As they left Cloud poked his head back into the door.

"And I want a house in Horseshoe Bay along with the bits. I need a vacation from ALL of this crap." And with that, he was gone.

-------------------------------

"What a rush! That was, that was!! I've never really stood up for myself so I'm just like BOOM! That happened!" Cloud laughed as he lounged on the seat of their private car, complements of the rail company of course. Aqua was asleep in the corner amd Pandora was snuggled up beside him. Suddenly Cloud pailed.

"Oh no, I technically just threatened royalty, ooooooh! What are they going to do, what if they banish me, or imprison me, or..." Pandora shushed him with a hoof.

"Don't worry, you have every right to demand they pay you for all they did. If they lash out at you no sane pony would choose their side over your's." Cloud turned to look her in the eyes.

"But that's just it! Most ponies are fanatical in their devotion to the princesses. Oh this will not end well." Pandora gently hugged him.

"Don't worry, I'll be here for you. Is their anything I can do to help you feel better?" Cloud rolled onto his back and gave her a pitiful look.

"Can I have a belly rub? It helps me relax." Pandora giggled before turning into her gryphon form. She picked the stallion up and held him to her soft fluffy chest while gently scratching his stomach. Cloud sighed in contentment.

"You're like a big fluffy pillow like this. Have I ever told you how much I love you and appreciate all you do for me." Pandora booped his snout with a claw.

"Sometimes, you usually express your affection in other ways." They both laughed before Pandora pulled him into a closer hug.

"Besides, I'm just looking forward to our wedding so much. Now that all that business is behind us, we can move forward with our lives." As she continued her soft hug, she missed Cloud's momentary look of panic.

Oh crap! I forgot all about the wedding plans! I don't even know when we're having it! WHY MUST EVERYTHING BE SO COMPLEX!!!!

Author's Note:

Sorry the chapters have been shorter than usual. I've been pretty busy. I'll hopefully be increasing their size soon.

PreviousChapters Next