• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 600 Views, 3 Comments

The Equestrian Mafia - TheEveryDaySparkle



Even the most peaceful of worlds has it's dark side. Enter and see, if you dare.

  • ...
3
 3
 600

The Equestrian Mafia 2nd

Even after the creation of the Equestrian Mafia, trouble, as it always does, still stirred in the heart of Equestria. With jealousy still rampant across the land, and violence spreading rapidly throughout the nation, a new threat arose to add to the mayhem that was already slowly becoming a staple in the world, earning it the nickname 'The Age of Disharmony'.

This wicked, dastardly threat was none other than...cutie marks.

For as long as Celestia could remember, cutie marks have been sources of happiness for all in her beloved country. Kids looked forward to the day they would gain their marks, waiting impatiently for their destiny to be revealed to them. It was also a source of happiness for the older generation, as they got to watch their kids grow and mature. They got to see the happy faces of their kids as they got their marks, and shower them with all the praise and gifts they could want. It made them proud to be parents.

Now, however, as she looks upon her people she feels only sadness. Where had all the smiles of her precious subjects gone?

When not only one's physical qualities were made the catalyst to pain, but their destinies as well, the horror only intensified.

The protests began again, saying that they were being categorized and placed into a way of life that they did not desire. They felt that they were being shackled, their freedom to choose being snuffed out and lost entirely.

Then the violence intensified as well. Ponies had their cutie marks forcefully ripped off their flanks, permanently scarring them, at times mentally as well. The same violence that the 'biological unfairness of the world' had brought about only grew in magnitude in relation to this.

There were more beatings, some of which were now being done publicly, as an example to those who opposed the ponies who committed them.

Their were more ponies being hung, much for the same reason, and now there were kidnappings and things known only as 'rituals'.

These rituals were the magical remaking of ones cutie mark to one that they thought suitable for them or, at times to having none at all.

Over time, cults sprang up in which these practices were seen as a form of rebellion. A way to free ones self from a life of 'misery'. A way to break free from the 'chains of fate.'

Out of all the evils that had plagued her beloved country as of late, these cults were the thing that Celestia hated the most. Yes, she knew she was a princess, and that these were her beautiful subjects, but even if she could love and forgive the ponies themselves, it was their actions she despised.

To her, the removal of ones cutie mark, a gift given to one by fate, was an affront to the forces of harmony and balance. It was to spit in the face of life and reject all that life could offer. It was to rebel against ones destiny and revoke any chance of enjoyment of one's unique gift.

But most of all, the thing that saddened her most, was that it was a rejection of one's self. A deliberate slap in the face of all that one could be, and the success and happiness one could have in being that which their cutie mark entails.

It saddened her to the point where it hurt her physically to even think about it. Her beloved children were missing the opportunities fate had laid out for them, and to see them hurt themselves hurt her more than anything else in the world.

She needed a way to make them see the error of their ways. To see that they were losing their way and veering off the paths they were meant to follow. She knew that she could not do this alone. Not with all the chaos constantly going on.

She needed a way to make people see their potential. To make them appreciate the talents they have and to see all it could give them in return. For one thing no one ever knew, was that cutie marks, though inanimate, are just as alive as they are, and can feel as much as they can. If one does not like their cutie mark, it will not gift them its abilities.

She needed to find like minded individuals who she could entrust this task to. She needed to be sure she could leave her beloved country in the hands of the people she would find. She needed to find people who could help her people overcome this problem. And so, she searched.

She went all over Equestria, but no one would help. Then she found them. The only ones she was sure would and could help her. She knew that they could do it as soon as she laid her eyes on them.


Three girls stood before her in her throne room as she prepared to give them their mission.

"Hello, my little ponies." Celestia said to the three of them as they stared around at the majesty that was Canterlot castle.

The trio of girls said nothing, too engrossed in the full glory of the place to say anything. Celestia cleared her throat to gt their attention. They turned to her.

Sweetie spoke up first. "Hehe...sorry, princess...it's just, this place is so big. we've never ever seen the inside of the castle before."

"Yeah!" came the collective shouts of joy from Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, her two friends.

Celestia smiled at the three of them, thinking, "Ah, how nice to be young."

Then came the voice of Scootaloo, cutting into her reminiscing, and bringing her back to reality. "So, what did you call us here for again?"

Celestia snapped back to the scene in front of her to see the trio of filly's staring at her expectantly.

"Ah yes, right. Onto my business with you. While it may be a bit overwhelming for little ones such as yourselves, I have called you here, to my castle, for something very important."

At the thought of being called into somewhere so important specifically 'for' something important, the three girls nearly screamed. "Really?" came the cry of the three at once.

"Yes, little ones. This task is very important indeed. And you are the only ones I can entrust with it."

At this, the three made a show of saluting the princess, all the while, Sweetie Belle was saying, "We won't let you down, princess!"

Celestia cleared her throat again, gaining their attention once more. "While I admire your enthusiasm, and I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that you will complete your task, I would appreciate it, if you would allow me to, tell you what it is first?"

At that, the three girls sat on the floor, cross-legged looking up at the princess with sheepish expressions.

"Sorry, princess. We're just so excited to be here."

"And I am excited that you are here. You have no idea how long it took me to find you three. Now, to business once more. I heard that you three finally received your cutie marks?"

At that the three of them said together, "Yep!" After that, they each pointed to their sides, showing off three shining cutie marks in all their glory.

"How wonderful! Now, how did you get those cutie marks?" Celestia said, already knowing what her next move would be with her plan.

"We got them after we helped Diamond Tiara find the true meaning of her cutie mark!" Came the voice of Apple Bloom, Apple Jack's sister.

"Oh, you did ,did you? That makes this easier."

"What do you mean, Princess? What's easier?"

"Let me tell you a story, girls."

"Ooh, what kind of story?" came Sweetie Belle's voice.

"A story about equestria, and how it became a much darker place than you young fillies realize."

"Equestria's gotten darker? Well, I would suppose so, seeing as it's nighttime now." said, Apple Bloom in her southern accent.

"No, Apple Bloom. That is not what I mean."

"Well, what do you mean, Princess?" said Scootaloo.

"What I mean is, equestria is in a dark place now. It's people are sad, and misguided. This has caused chaos to spread throughout the entirety of the country. The people do not know what it means to possess such a gift as a cutie mark."

The girls were dead silent at this, save for a look of sadness on each of their faces, accompanied by pained whimpers and sniffles. Sweetie, once again, broke the silence. She seemed to be the lead of the group, unlike Apple Jack, who lead the six.

"W-what can we d-do, Princess?"

"You see, Sweetie Belle, that very thing is what I called you three for."

This caused the three to stop in their tracks. "Huh?"

"You three go around ponyville every day looking for somepony to help find the true meaning of their cutie mark. You are the only ones who can lead ponyville back to it's peaceful ways. Your sisters are already out doing their best out in other areas of Equestria, and they need someone to hold down the fort while they are gone."

The girls remained silent.

"You three will be a force for the good of equestria, serving directly under me and following my orders only. Your methods of completing my orders are your own, as long as you truly believe what you are doing is right."

"Wait? But if we're working under the princess, who will be our leader?" came Scootaloo's voice once more.

"You will be lead by Sweetie Belle, who appears to have quite the knack for conversation." Celestia ruffled the little girl's hair and smiled. "So, do you accept my offer?"

With a serious expression on each of their faces, they all said in a harmony that sadly did not mirror the state of affairs outside, "Yes, Princess!"