• Published 3rd Jan 2017
  • 2,499 Views, 75 Comments

Moondancer Reborn - Foal Star



Moondancer has been accidently turned into a foal by Twilight. Now she has to find out what spell she used to turn her best friend back into a adult. Meanwhile Minuette becomes her new mom.

  • ...
6
 75
 2,499

Chapter 6: Twilight and Minuette

Twilight and Minuette were both sleeping soundly under the sheets as the sun slowly rose in the sky, streaming light through the window. Minuette was sleeping on the right side of the bed with her frazzled mane and bags under eyes. Twilight slept on the left side with a frazzled mane and bags under her eyes. All of a sudden, a foal’s wailing shot her eyes straight open. Minuette slowly woke up groaning and turned towards the crib with Moondancer. She was crying and clinging to the bars with a saggy diaper swaying between her back legs.

The tired blue mare groaned and turned to Twilight, who was now stretching her wings as she stumbled out of bed and yawned, “It's my turn. I got her.”

Minuette laid on the bed, watching her partner slowly levitate the foal out of the crib and onto a changing pad on the ground. Twilight began to change the soaked foal. Minuette let out a weary sigh, still shaken by the wake-up call. “Twilight. You're forgetting the powder,” she said.

“Thanks…” Twilight’s voice was very low-pitched.

Twilight proceeded with the change and stumbled over to the diaper bag, taking out the powder as sprinkled it on Moondancer’s rump. She whimpered and kicked about throughout the change as Twilight did her best to put it on.

“I still can’t believe it’s morning already.” Minuette threw the covers off her her body and shook herself awake, rubbing her eyes as got to her feet. “I guess I gotta thank Moondancer for crying like that, huh?”

“Yeah, but I think you could still use a few more hours.” Twilight took Moondancer over her shoulder and yawned, fanning her mouth. “How about you go back to sleep? I’ll feed Moondancer and have the house set up for Flurry Heart.”

”You sure you're okay with this?” Moondancer tilted her head. “Moondancer’s quite a handful, y’know.”

“It’s no problem at all.” Twilight brushed her mane and tail down with a comb until it was back to normal. “Besides. I would love to get some alone time with Moondancer.” She smiled and nuzzled her, hearing some gurgles spill from Moondancer’s mouth.

Minuette giggled herself as Moondancer took hoofuls of Twilight’s mane and put it in her mouth, slathering it with drool as she suckled on it. “OK, Twilight. Just make sure Moondancer eats at least one jar of mashed yams. And please burp her after she has a bottle, alright?”

“Don’t worry. I have everything under control.” Twilight smiled and walked down the stairs. “I’ve handled foals before.”

Minuette forced a smile and watched Twilight trot down the doors and shut the door behind her before the blue-maned mare let out a groan, slapped her hooves to her eyes, and flopped backwards onto her bed, using her magic to cover her back up as she swiftly went back to sleep.


Twilight fed Moondancer her breakfast of mashed yams, floating a pink rubber spoon into her mouth. The little unicorn was now used to the routine, as she opened and closed her mouth with each spoonful.

”Well, look at you go, Moondancer.” Twilight smiled as she took another spoonful out of the jar. “Even after waking up ten times last night.”

Moondancer finally spat up a glob of the foal food right into Twilight’s face, clapping her hooves as she spoke in baby talk to her.

Twilight just giggled back and booped the filly’s nose. “Thanks a lot, Moonbutt.”

The messy foal put her hooves in her mouth and suckled Twilight picked up a rag and wiped her face and lifted her out of the high chair.

”Alright. A baba, then it’s playtime for you.” Twilight opened the microwave and pulled out the warmed bottle of milk, gently thrusting it into Moondancer’s mouth, prompting her to drink peacefully. “I need to get the house ready for your playdate with Flurry Heart.”

Moondancer loved having the warm foal milk. It had been apparent from the second she had her first drink as a foal. With every suckle on the amber nipple, milk ran down her belly and into her stomach, making her body warm and tingly on the inside. Soon, she gained a rhythm to her drinking, and it wasn’t long before her bottle was empty and she continued to suckle, despite there being nothing left.

She sat there for quite some time, almost missing the knocking that came from the door. Twilight instantly put Moondancer on her back as she slowly trotted to the door wondering to herself, that can’t be Shining and Cadence. They said they wouldn’t be here until the afternoon...

Twilight opened the door to see Shining Armor and Cadence with frazzled manes and bags under their eyes, standing outside with a energetic Flurry Heart in a stroller bouncing in excitement.

“Good morning, Twilight.” Cadence yawned, covering her mouth. “Sorry about being early, but we found this train that went direct to Canterlot and we didn’t wanna risk Flurry having an accident on the way up.”

Twilight hugged Cadence and Shining Armor and replied with a smile, “Morning, you two. Good to see you both.”

Flurry Heart giggled, but Moondancer turned away and hid behind Twilight’s mane, whimpering something in foal speak.

“Is that Moondancer?” Cadence noticed the foal scurrying into Twilight’s hair. “Aww… She looks a lot cuter than you made her out to be in your letter.”

Twilight nodded. “Yeah, she’s a pretty good filly most of the time. In fact, I just changed and fed her a few seconds ago.”

“Most of the time?” Shining Armor tilted his head.

“Yeah. No promises if she’ll behave fully today.” Twilight blushed and rubbed the back of her mane, pulling Moondancer out of it. “But hopefully, my little moony, you’ll be a good little foal for us, right?”

Moondancer took one more look at Flurry and cooed, putting a hoof to her mouth, suckling on it unbeknownst. Once a smile crept onto her face, she yanked her hoof out of her mouth and clapped both of them together, laughing in glee.

Twilight led Shining and Cadence in with Flurry Heart and they placed their foals in the living room and watch them crawl off to play with the toys. As they did, Minuette came down the stairs with her mane tied in a bun and a bathrobe around her coat.

She blinked at seeing Cadence and Shining, soon shaking herself fully awake in seconds. “Princess Cadence! Prince Shining! I...I didn’t expect you to come so early...” she muttered

“Oh, it’s no bother at all. Minuette, was it?” Cadence asked, watching the robed mare come down the stairs. “I take it you’re helping Twilight with Moondancer?”

“Yeah. She’s a bit of a handful, but we’re getting along just fine with her.” Minuette chuckled and looked down at her little bundle of chaos. “She woke us up just from crying today, believe it or not.”

“Heh. I’m right there with you, sister.” Shining Armor chuckled. “I can’t even count how many wake-up calls we’ve had ever since we had Flurry...”

“Tell me about it.” Both Twilight and Cadence chimed in harmony, before sharing a little chuckle with each other.

The three grown ponies quickly turned their attention to Flurry Heart and Moodancer who were both busy building blocks and seemed unaware of their presence. Flurry was scattering letters around while Moondancer was making the tallest tower she could.

”Aww… They’re doing so well together.” Cadence smiled at the foals and watched then continue playing with the blocks.

“Yeah. Hopefully They can stay this way just a bit longer.” Shining Armor nodded. “We don’t want ‘em having any accidents this early on.”

“So, how was Moondancer this morning?” Minuette asked as the two of them watched Moondancer build higher. “She wasn’t too much trouble?”

“She was fine,” said Twilight, “But she was a little fussy when it came to changing. Almost like she didn’t want to wear a new diaper.”

“It's fine, Twilight. I'm not angry with you.” Minuette shook her head. “Mom and dad always told me I didn’t like wearing diapers when I was a foal, so I can’t blame Moondancer for trying not to wear one.”

Minuette turned to the foals just as Flurry Hearts wings accidentally knocked the tower making the foals yelp. Cadence just beamed a smile as she took out a present wrapped in a pink bow. Minuette looked at the package with a raised brow as Cadence said, “Look. I know that Moondancer will only be a foal for a few more weeks, but I wanted to give you something. Hopefully it could help if she gets cranky.”

She drifted the package to Minuette and ripped it open, revealing a small snail plushie. “Hey. Isn’t this Flurry Heart’s whammy?”

Cadence said, “Kinda. I just thought it could help calm her down if she gets fussy.”

“Yea, it can be useful if nothing else calms her down.” Twilight nodded and smiled down at the plush toy. “Thanks, Cadence.”

Minuette cooed, ”Moondancer. Look what Auntie Cady got you. It’s a widdwe whammy!”

Moondancer turned and gaped at the plushie, waddling over to it with her diaper crinkling every step of the way. Minuette put the plush snail into her hooves and hugged it closely as Flurry Heart came over. Moondancer showed it off and Flurry just squealed, making the adults all laugh together.

“Oh. This is adorable.” Twilight’s wings fluttered at the sight. “We need to have these two play more often.”

“Of course we should. Moondancer would love to have a playmate.” Minuette nodded.

Moondancer looked back and started bouncing on her diaper with Flurry quickly joining in.

“I think they agree with you on that,” said Shining Armor.

Cadence looked over to Minuette and Twilight and asked, ”How about we stay here in Canterlot and hang out for a little bit?”

”But where would we stay, dear?” Shining Armor cocked one of his brows.

“Duh. Your parents’ place.” Cadence scoffed and rolled her eyes. “They won’t mind if we stayed for a few days.” She then turned to Twilight and Minuette. “Also, if Twilight and Minuette want, we can have them bring Moondancer over to the Crystal Empire too.”

Minuette was about to open her mouth to the idea, but Twilight leapt into the air and let out a scream.

“Where’s Moondancer and Flurry Heart?!” She exclaimed loudly.

Minuette and Cadence both jumped up in unison as well, seeing that the foals had disappeared. The three mares rushed into the kitchen to find Flurry Heart and Moondancer throwing jars of mashed peas at the wall, giggling and babbling the entire time. The adults all began to light their horns, but Flurry Heart’s own magic grabbed Minuette as she flew off down the hall and upstairs, dragging her along.

“Twilight!” cried Minuette as her head smashed against each and every one of the stairs up to her room.

“Hold on, Minuette! We’re coming!” Twilight unfurled her wings and gave chase with Cadence by her side, leaving Shining Armor with Moondancer.

“Alright then…” Shining Armor slowly moved closer to Moondancer, watching as she continued to make a mess in the kitchen. “Stay quite, Shining, old boy. You don’t wanna surprise her…” He tiptoed towards the foal, taking every step as quietly as he could. “Gotcha!” He finally dived at her, but she used her magic to teleport away and reappear right on top of him, laughing as he fell through the table, leaving splinters underneath.

“Unca pway!” Moondancer cheered and used her magic to lift herself up in the air, laughing as she floated in front of his face.

“It’s gonna be one of those days, isn’t it?” Shining Armor groaned as he watched Moondancer put herself by the sink, issuing him a challenge.