• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 14,187 Views, 545 Comments

Discord is Bored - TheLocoPony



Discord is bored and trapped in stone.This would be fine if he didn't have to deal with his own mind

  • ...
23
 545
 14,187

The Match

Discord stepped forward, his grey mane waving dramatically in the the tornado scale wind. Behind him was Sub, Jim, Richard trying to look tough, and failing magnificently, and John looking on in despair at his team members. Directly opposite to him stood Bob, at least twice as tall and with flames pouring from his eyes. Behind him stood Sally doing her nails, Mark secretly sleeping under the cover of sunglasses, Steve stood atop a podium, cheering to an invisible audience with a gold medal around his neck and Sir Baron twirling a knife around his claws, occasionally taking a practice aim at Bob's back.

They stood there for several seconds, tension so thick you could cut it with a butter knife, which is what Jim did and spread it across a piece of toast.

"Kick off!" announced Discord and with a mighty kick sent the football rocketing towards the goal. Bob jumped forwards instead of pursuing the ball to take Discord out instead. The ball neared it's target, gaining speed and beginning to glow orange until Mark lazily flipped through the air and sent it back with a backward flip kick.

Sally stopped it with a hoof and then picked up the ball with one lizard foot (claw?), balancing it on top. She lifted it high above her head before spinning and releasing it. Sub blocked it with his fifth foot and tapped it up into the air for Richard to unleash a devastating heel drop straight to John who followed the ball with icy cold focus. As soon as it reached him he kicked it gently, where it bounced away, seeming to have a mind of it's own as it bounced of the calculated areas of the earth and avoiding the entire enemy team.

The ball was just about to pass the line until Mark did something unexpected by John. He moved to stop the ball. When the ball was saftely stopped by his lizard foot, he ducked under a gout of fire caused by the rampaging war between Discord and Bob before slamming the ball with the tip of his hoof. The ball span in an arc, flying off to the left before curving straight towards the goal. Jim put one claw to his left temple, and a 'finger' (I have no idea) of his paw to his right temple. The ball slowly came to a stop with no obvious means of the barrier that stopped it.

Jim closed his eyes and the ball floated high and away from the goal, over the heads of the Discord's at the match. It would have continued straight into the goal except Jim was crushed by Discord and Bob rolling across the pitch in a dust cloud with fists and kicks randomly shooting out ever so often.

The ball fell back to the ground where Steve had finally decided that it was the perfect time for a star such as him to enter the fray. He was quickly bowled over Discord who escaped from Bob for a precious second, which he decided would be best put to use attacking Steve. The ball flew out of the now three way battle between Bob, Steve and Discord and into the (dodgy) hands of Sir Baron. He took a quick glance back to see Mark resting against a pole, drool making it's way from his mouth to the floor.

Sir Baron's eye twitched and he roared triumphantly, shooting the ball straight to his own goal. With Sally on the wrong side of the pitch, Steve and Bob killing each other and Discord and Mark asleep it rolled gently past the line across the ground.

A giant fanfare went up. A sign rose from the ground screaming (yes, literally)



GOAL!



Fireworks shot out from behind the goal, straight into the disgraced Mark's backside, awaking him with a whiny yelp as he caught fire. Ostriches came out of a tunnel under ground, doing the conga. Each was painted a flattering shade of fluorescent yellow. Freddie Mercury rose from the ground, one arm raised in the air, eyes closed and with a pole with a microphone at the top in the other hand towards the ground, wearing his white outfit with a yellow coat which flapped dramatically.

He raised the microphone to his mouth as he started singing

"We are the Champions, my friend"

As this rock legend continued his awesome song. The ball reappeared at the center of the pitch. Sally stared at it tiredly before looking up to look at the chocolate tornado that contained the three battling Discords

"And we will keep on fighting, to the end"

Sub sighed and looked back at Sally "Still want to play? Even if it basically is only you..." He trailed off as he looked at the enemy team. Bob and Steve were now in a cotton candy thunder cloud which sparked off caramel. Mark was sleeping to one side of the goal, an ice pack covering his bottom half. Sir Baron was busy to one side with a chalk board with a clear title of How to remove Sally and claim victory for myself.

Sally groaned "It would be horrifically one sided"

Richard was preening his Pegasus wing, but keeping an eye out for the start of the match. Jim was laughing with a box of popcorn watching the fight in the cloud and occasionally throwing in bits of popcorn to keep the fighters agitated. Jim was using a similar chalk board to Sir Baron to devise his game winning plan, so far all the was written down was

1.Play football
2.Score goals
3.????
4.Profit

Discord stepped up behind Sub and nodded to Sally. "I suppose it would be rather boring for such an easy victory"

Sub shook his head and looked between the fighting and Discord and the cloud. "I thought you were in there" He pointed at it with his claw.

Discord chuckled "Oh no, I slipped out. That's just Steve and Bob fighting. Now, in order to make this fair, a change of teams is needed. Who wants to join Sally? Sir Baron, you're not fooling anyone, we can all see the mines you planted in the pitch just know. Take a time out in the corner"

"CHAOS DAMMIT!"

"I believe it would be only fair should our strongest player, me, join Sally. I also believe to make the teams fair Richard should join us."

Jim grinned maliciously "That sounds delicious! Bring it!" He bashed two fists together and sent a thin layer of ice to cover the pitch

Richard shrugged "Whatever, I suppose it should be slightly interesting"

Sub lunged forward, sliding along the ground to smash into the ball and send it towards the goal. Discord came from from the right and shot it straight into the opposite side of the net. Sally appeared in a swirl of rose petals to kick the ball back with a flaming hoof. Discord intercepted it on it's path to Richard and beat it back to Jim who's leg turned into stone to deliver a powerful shot

Richard blocked with his head and bounced it on his right knee, left foot, head again, right foot three times, head and back down to his foot before kicking it hard.

The pass went straight to John who dribbled it up the pitch, avoiding a lighting sword strike from Sub, a stream of chocolate milk from Discord that formed a swimming pool in the centre of the pitch, and a swarm of particularly bad tempered hamsters sent by Jim. Regardless of all that John continued his journey and soon the goal was in sight. All that was left was all three of them having teleported and now standing goalie.

John feinted to the right, preparing a fake shot. All three fell for it and crashed into each other in the corner of the goal. John smirked and crossed it to Sally who blew the three Discord crumpled mess before shooting it neatly into the goal.

This time there was no over the top celebration, except for the zeppelin.

And maybe the marching band




Fine, there was an entire procession of lions, panther's doing the worm, Elephants balancing balls on top of their trunks and dogs walking on hind legs with spinning plates atop poles on each front paw. This consisted in the hundreds and did their march all around the pitch before vanishing in a puff of smoke.

Discord clapped slowly "Now that was impressive, even for the three of you combined to imagine."

Sub and Jim rolled their eyes and reluctantly clapped Sally, Richard and John

"MY PLAN WAS SO MUCH BETTER!"

"Shut up!" They all called out

In the silence that followed, Mark dreamily called out "*snort* Shut up" Before rolling over and away from the group

"Well that was good, but if you don't mind, now that the match is pretty much over I am quite interested to see how Steve and Bob are doing" He said, motioning towards the bubble gum bubble where the battle raged.

He put on a pair of large sunglasses and pulled up a chair next to Jim to enjoy the fighting.

Sub, Richard, Sir Baron, John, Sally and Jim all looked to each other before shrugging at the same time. They all walked over to the huge angry cloud of a rich dark chocolate where a TV screen showed Bob strangling Steve while he hit him in the face repeatably with a rubber hammer. They all pulled out various chairs suiting their needs (for example, full massage and nail painting luxury chair for Sally) and sat down to enjoy the entertainment.