• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 2,933 Views, 70 Comments

Society as We Know It - Comma Typer



While the Changeling Kingdom is being rebuilt under the rule of King Thorax, many changelings are finding it hard to fit in to their new lives. So, some of them take off to travel Equestria on their free days.

  • ...
8
 70
 2,933

PreviousChapters Next
Changeling Gladness

The ponies stood on the ground as they waited. They looked here and there. A few ponies were moving around, but there was not much going on.

"Where's the train?" a mare asked. "I thought it was supposed to be coming. Now, it's not here."

"Don't worry," a stallion said. "The train is probably just in need of some fixing. Just wait a few minutes."

"I don't need to wait a few minutes!" The mare walked away from the stallion. "I'm running very late for my scheduled event!"

"What's the event?" the stallion said.

"You don't wanna know!"

The stallion looked on at the mare. Then, he looked away from her.

A changeling walked to his side.

"Now, what do you want?" the stallion asked. "This is supposed to be a day where I can have a good day."

"It's not about that," the changeling said. "I'm just here waiting for the train like you are."

The stallion looked at his left. He saw the green grass and the fields that were beautiful. Then, he looked back to the changeling. "Well, I'm trying to get around in Equestria."

The changeling looked to his left. He also saw the green grass and the fields. Then, he looked at the stallion. "What are you trying to do?"

"I'm trying to participate in my passion!" the stallion answered roughly. "What do I want? I want to be an expert at making the best foods ever! That's correct, changeling! I want to be a chef! I even have my talent in cooking! But, they always don't want me to be a chef! I don't know why!"

"So, what are you trying to do?" the changeling asked.

"I'm trying to improve my cooking skills," the stallion said. He frowned and looked at the green grass and the beautiful fields again.

"You don't have to be sad about it," the changeling said. The changeling went closer to the stallion.

"I'm not sad about it," the stallion said. The stallion sighed. "There was a dream. I was the one who had that dream. I know that I will someday get to that dream of being a chef."

The changeling looked around. Then, he smiled. "I have a few thoughts in mind about your situation!"

"What could they be?"

"Maybe you should go and try just showing other ponies your talent," the changeling said. "I've learned it from a few ponies."

"Which few ponies?" the stallion asked, giving him a questioning look. "I guess that it's the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle. Is that correct?"

"Well..." The changeling laughed nervously, looking here and there.

"It's alright," the stallion said. "Why wouldn't you look for her and her friends first when you're thinking about friendship? Except that this isn't friendship we're talking about. I'm talking about my talent."

Then, a sound from the distance.

The stallion and the changeling looked at where the sound came from.

"It's the train," the stallion said. He looked at the changeling. "Are you going with me? I'm planning to go to Canterlot—perhaps I might find a pony who's willing to help me with my cooking skills."

"It depends," the changeling responded. "I don't know what to do. Now that we're free, I really don't know what to do other than relax and work here and there and then something else like more rest and relaxation."

The stallion smiled. "You have to figure that one out."

Then, the train stopped in front of them. The doors opened and several ponies went out, some of them carrying bags. There was one pony who had a bag that was being carried by another pony.

"It's one of the haughty unicorns," the stallion said. "Asking others to carry their bags for them. They already have their unicorn magic—why not use their magic to carry their bags?"

"I don't know," the changeling said.

Then, the stallion went inside the train. A few more ponies went inside the train.

The changeling was outside.

The train's doors closed and then the train moved.

The changeling looked at the train.

Then, he flew away.

The changeling landed on the ground. He stopped in front of the castle. "Shiny."

He looked around. "And, there's nopony that I could see. Maybe they're hiding. Maybe there are guards around here and I just don't see them. That's clever and smart."

Then, the double doors opened.

"Oh, hi!" Twilight Sparkle said. "It's nice to meet you! Were you about to go inside?"

"Not really," the changeling said. "Just here to admire your building, that's all. This castle—made out of shiny rocks."

"Well, it is," Twilight said. "So, what are you doing here in Ponyville? Do you have some friends to catch up to?"

"Not really. I just wanted to rest and relax. Just wanted to see what I could do here in Ponyville."

"That's OK!" Twilight said. "Do you want to answer some questions while you're at it?"

"Why?"

"It's for a good reason!" Twilight answered nervously. She smiled. "Anyway, do you want me to guide you around Ponyville? How long have you been in Ponyville today? Did you just arrive or have you been here for a long time already?"

"I just arrived an hour ago," the changeling answered. "It's not going to be boring if you be the one to guide me around Ponyville. I would like to have a proper tour."

"Well, I'm glad to help!" Twilight said. She trotted towards the town.

The changeling followed her.

"So, what do you want to see first?" Twilight asked while they trotted. "Do you want to see the big landmarks first? Or, do you want to start humble and see some ponies' houses and the ponies themselves inside? They won't mind us—they've probably gotten used to changelings going inside their houses with ponies guiding them around."

"They do?"

"Nah, I was just joking!" Twilight said. "But, they're still friendly!"

They trotted, passing by a few ponies. Lyra waved at Twilight and the changeling.

"It's a calm day today," the changeling said. "Do you think it's like that?"

"I think so," Twilight said. "There's not much going on—not many friendship problems to solve today. The journal is helpful for lots of ponies around Equestria and more and more ponies are becoming friendly because of their reading of it! Then, there's not much else to do here for now. Pinkie Pie is planning a party soon, but until the party begins, I don't really have that much to do. Royal duties? Probably. I have meetings with a few ponies around Equestria and I still have to meet with Thorax again."

"How do you think of Thorax?" the changeling asked. "I would like to know how you think of him."

"Thorax? He's a nice guy," Twilight responded. "Kind and caring. Thorax is the kind of changeling to rule over the Changeling Kingdom. Is he perfect? I don't think so, but he's been improving ever since he became king."

"What do you think of him as just a changeling?" the changeling asked.

"Just a changeling? Well, he's nice."

"Is that all?"

"Well, I haven't met him that many times outside of royal meetings. I guess we should do that more often—maybe just go to Sugarcube Corner and eat a cake. More friendship time with Thorax. That would be better."

Then, they stopped in front of a building.

"So, first, we're stopping at Sweet Apple Acres. It's the first place that I've been to in Ponyville! This is where I met Applejack."

"This is the place where they grow their food?" the changeling asked.

"It is," Twilight said. "Applejack and the family live here. I don't know if they're at work now or if they're resting. Do you want to check?"

"But, I haven't been to this place before."

"I'll be beside you," Twilight said.

The changeling flew towards the farm house. Twilight trotted.

Then, the changeling landed in front of the house.

The changeling looked at Twilight.

"Why not try knocking on the door?" she said.

The changeling knocked on the door.

The door opened.

Applejack was there. "Howdy! So, what are ya' doin' here?"

"Just being here," the changeling said. He extended a hoof. "Nice to meet you!"

Applejack shook his hoof. "Well, it's nice to meet ya'!"

Twilight smiled.

"I'm here to see Ponyville," the changeling said. "I don't know anything else about this town other than what my friends have told me. They told me about the names of the ponies here and of the places here, but other than that, I don't know what's in Ponyville."

"It's good ya' started here!" Applejack said. "This is where we produce the apples for Ponyville! Ah' can show ya' 'round the farm! I'll let ya' see the fields o' apple trees!"

Applejack walked towards the fields of apple trees. She looked at the changeling. "What do ya' want?"

"Uh, I'm just surprised at everything here in Ponyville. All the kindness and the friendship that you've shown me so far."

"Well, isn't that what we're known for?" Applejack said. "But, Ah' don't wanna have that much fame, to be honest. If Ah' get too famous, then I can't do anythin' here in the farm!" She looked at Twilight. "And, I think ya' know!"

Twilight smiled. "Oh, I remember!"

Applejack smiled. He looked at the changeling. "If ya' want to stay in the house first, that's OK! I can make some apple pie. It's the best in all o' Equestria!"

The changeling smiled. "Well, thanks, Applejack."

Applejack trotted inside the house.

The changeling went inside along with Twilight.

The wooden furniture and the wooden materials of the house gave the house a farm feel and atmosphere. There was not that many things inside the house. Applejack was inside the kitchen, preparing a few ingredients for the apple pie. She smiled while she did so, humming a tune.

"How do you like the farm so far?" Twilight asked. "What do you like about the farm? Bad? Or is it not bad?"

"It's a good place," the changeling said. "I would like to see what the apple pie might look like. That would be nice to know."

Twilight smiled. "You like apple pie, don't you?"

"Yeah," the changeling said.

PreviousChapters Next