• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 241 Views, 0 Comments

What Happened To Blind Blight? - Blind Blight



What happens to a person whos grown up in the wrong part of the world. Accidents happen but certain accidents can change someones life forever.

  • ...
 0
 241

The Very Beginning

"Many things have happened in my life, so let me just start at the beginning, or at least as early as I can remember." I say before I sit on the couch, getting comfortable before beginning my long story of how my life came to be.


I slowly look around as I feel a harsh, numbing pain in my head. "Wh-where am I?" I say aloud as I realize I've been engulfed in the middle of a dark forest. I look at the surrounding reddish brown trees, looking at their odd branched shapes and color of the dark green leaves. I follow the base of the trees to the ground, following the dirt path on the ground

Struggling, I get back up onto my hooves. Looking back at my young grass green Filly body, realizing I'm all dirty and scratched. "What in Celestia happened to me?" I murmur to myself.

I look down the path as I hear the faint sound of something coming towards me. I step a few trees back away from them before hiding behind a tree, peeking my right eye out from around the side of the tree so I can watch down the path to see who or what it is. I begin to shiver as I see three timberwolves slowly trot down the path, stopping where I had awoken moments ago. I hold in my breath as I try to stay quiet.

They begin to move closer to me and begin to sniff me out. I could tell they were sniffing for me simply because they stopped right where I had woken up so I turned around to run to find one of them had snuck up behind me. The other two slowly trot up to either side of the one that caught me and stare down at me.

“O-okay guys, pl-please don’t hurt me” I stutter to them. They all look down at me with a happy look for some odd reason. The left one reaches out and softly rubs my head “W-what?” I ask as I look up at them.

The left one takes their hoof off my head as they look at the far right one. The right one slowly lays down and nods toward their back before saying "Get on my back, I'll take you back to camp"

I slowly climb over onto their back and they get back up and we begin to trot down the path again. I slowly think to myself "Well, there timberwolves but they don't seem to want to harm me, what bad could come out of being with them? Just as long as i get some food sooner or later"

“S-so where are we going?” I hesitantly ask as they quietly trot down the path, not responding to me. I sigh in boredom as I lightly bump on his back.


I relax on his back until we reach a small wooden hut built into the bottom of a tree. I slowly climb down his back as I see the fiery red flickering light from inside the hut call me inside to its warming interior.

I smile as I see the soft flickering fire in the middle of the hut, surrounded by other timberwolves. “W-whats going on?” I ask as the several timberwolves inside all slowly look up at me and smile.

“You must have finally awoken from your long sleep young one. Do you remember who we are?” One of the old timberwolves asks me.

“Y-yea, your timberwolves aren’t you? I heard you guys are the ones who guard the everfree forest. Is that where i am?”

“You are correct, but we have noticed that you are a special pony”

“What makes me so special?”

“We can sense that your the one we have been in need of”

“So what are you going to do with me”

“We need someone we can trust to talk to the other ponies for us. They won’t trust what we try to tell them”

I step back in shock “W-wait you want me to talk to the ponies of ponyville to accept you? Are you insane!?”

“Not exactly, we need someone to stop them from exploring this forest. We don't want to harm the other ponies but they wont listen to us”

“So what do you want me to tell them”

“Oh no, not right now. I need to trust that you will come back to us”

“So I’m stuck with you guys until you trust me?”

He slowly comes over and pats my head "don’t worry, it won’t take long”

I softly sigh “Fine”

“Come with me, let’s begin your training”

I follow him as he begins to leave the hut and trot into the woods.


I quietly follow behind him, curious where he’s taking me. Just me and the grandmaster of the timberwolves trot up to a bag of hay and I ask in a jokingly tone "w-why is there a bag of hay in the middle of the forest?"

He softly laughs as he hears my response and responds "We stole a bag from this orange pony named Applejack. Anyways, i want to see you tear it apart, I want to see your strength"

"You want me to beat up a bag of hay? Seriously? This should be easy" I smirk as I rush towards the bag and begin to rip the bag, or at least that's what I thought I was doing. I open my eyes again as I realize I'm struggling to tear the bag. I softly blush as I bite the bag and tear it open with my teeth and slowly pull out the hay from inside with my hooves.

"Okay, so you aren't brightest or the strongest, but your smart enough to know how to deal with a problem"

I look back at him "Hey! That's not nice! I still opened it!" I stand back up as I trot back up to him, looking back at the little carnage that I had done to the bag of hay.

"Alright, follow me" we proceed down another path that soon leads onto what looks like a racing track


"Run this track, its a circle, and don't stop until I say so" he demands to me.

"Umm, okay" I slowly say as I begin to gallop down the path. I grin as I see several timberwolve guard's along the path to make sure I don't stray off the path and escape. I watch the nearby trees to see how long it stretches to find the entire track about 1/4th a mile before reaching the starting line again.

I gallop endlessly as I begin to wonder "How does a track this big hide in the forest without being seen with all these pegasi flying above the forest?"

In my thought of wonder, I begin to mess up my footing as I suddenly trip and fall, face-planting in a puddle of mud, getting my fur and hair covered in mud. I muster the strength to get back up and keep trotting as 3 guards look at me.

I force myself back into a gallop as I feel the mud slowly harden in my fur and hair. I shake my head and body to try to get some of the mud of me to hopefully make me a bit more light weight, completely messing up my hair and tail.

After what feels like forever of non stop galloping in circles, the grandmaster finally tells me to stop. I smile in happiness as I slow down to a halt. I heavily pant as I collapse to the ground.

"Good, you are ready" He smiles at me as he slowly lifts me up and helps me get back to the hut.

I slowly look up at him and smile.

Author's Note:

I read a lot of comments about "You need to proof read" so i proof read this several times and even asked a few friends to read it too.

Not sure if I will continue more chapters of this unless people like it.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment