• Published 22nd Dec 2016
  • 1,281 Views, 59 Comments

Blackhoof Mountain - DeskManiac



Twilight and her friends decide to spend the weekend on Blackhoof Mountain. If only they knew the horrors that await them. An Until Dawn x MLP crossover

  • ...
2
 59
 1,281

Chapter 3: Abduction (9 hours Until Dawn) Part 2

10:44 p.m.

"What's going on?”

Twilight galloped down the stairs.

Moments ago, Pinkie burst into her room telling her that Rainbow Dash went missing. Her first impulse was to rush downstairs, but upon reaching the ground, she was stunned to find Applejack standing in the lounge, holding tufts of what she assumed was Rainbow’s hair.

Applejack didn’t speak for some time. She just stood there, not bothering to even look at Twilight. Seeing how Applejack was reacting, Twilight wasn’t sure what she had to be concerned of first.

“Applejack,” Twilight started slowly, “What happened?”

Applejack finally looked at her, but she was looking less like the happy-go-lucky cowpony she was, and more like a vengeful killer. Pinkie was also surprised to see Applejack behaving like this. She bit her hoof, not knowing what to say.

“Applejack please,” Twilight said again, “I need to know everything that happened.”

Applejack looked down at the hair again, and staring at Twilight, slowly moved towards her, keeping the same emotion on her face. Twilight took a step back, unsure of what Applejack was going to do. Suddenly, Applejack raised her hooves up to Twilight’s face.

And wrapped them around her neck.

Twilight blinked. Applejack was holding onto her tightly, sobbing. Muttering words she couldn’t understand. Applejack’s tears was wetting her shoulder, but Twilight remained there to comfort her friend.

“Applejack…” Twilight said in soft tone. She didn’t know what happened, but she was certain that her friend was scared out of her wits.

“Applejack,” she said once more, “I need to know what happened.”

Applejack finally calmed down. Wiping away her tears, she began, “It all started when we were playing around with this Ouija board. A ghost told us there was this killer and Rainbow was mad because she thought ah' was pretending to be the ghost. She went to her room, and ah' went to my room, hoping ah' could just shut away all the things that happened tonight." Applejack sniffled, "But ah' should have taken the warning.”

Applejack stopped and retraced the messages. “It said something about the library…”

“The library?” Twilight asked, “Then that’s where we need to look.”

Hearing this, Pinkie’s ears stood up. The book in the library. She wasn’t sure if she wanted her friends to see it. She wasn’t sure if she wanted the madness to go on. She’s seen the way Applejack react to Rainbow’s disappearance, how much more would she react if she read that book?

“Wait! No!” Pinkie stammered. Her friends stared at her as she tried to find the right words to say. “What I’m trying to say is-” Realizing that lies wouldn’t get her very far, she continued with a saddened tone. “It’s a book. The book has pictures of Rainbow Dash in them.”

Applejack was confused, “How in the hay are those pictures related to the killer?”

Pinkie let out a long sigh, “It’s THOSE kind of pictures.”

Twilight understood immediately, as her face quickly turned a shade of red. “Oh my. This would mean that whoever took Rainbow has been stalking her for weeks.” Twilight read many mystery novels, and it was common for ponynappers to watch their prey for weeks. Twilight knew they now had limited time to get their friend back alive, and that they had to proceed with caution.

“We need to alert the authorities,” Twilight said in a stern tone, “They are the only ones who can find Rainbow.”

As much as Twilight wanted to conduct the search herself, it was far too dangerous for her friends. She didn’t know what they were dealing with. It could be some psychopathic murderer for all she knew. Hopefully the police can find their friend as soon as possible.

“Pinkie, you said that there was a radio tower that runs on its own electricity?” Twilight made sure it was clarified.

“Yes, but…” Pinkie’s voice trailed off, so did her eyes.

“Pinkie,” Twilight snapped at her. She wasn’t sure why Pinkie was acting so weird tonight, but ever since she busted into her room she has been acting a little…… uncomfortable. As if something was crawling under her skin.

“Yes, the radio tower works but you need to be careful out there.” Pinkie’s eyes turned beady. “I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Twilight nodded and headed for the door. Just then, a voice, a paticularly annoying one, came from behind her.

“Well, well, well. What is with this gathering of ponies?” All three turned their attention to the chaos creature standing at the stairs.

“Rainbow Dash is missing,” Twilight quickly filled him in, “and we need to alert the authorities fast.”

“And you’re going out into the snow alone?” Discord raised an eyebrow, making Twilight doubt her own judgement for a second.

“Yes,” Twilight took another moment to evaluate her actions. “It would be safer if all of you stayed here.” She looked at Discord, who seemed to disagree with her.

“Now, Twilight,” Discord started to lecture, “You know it’s not safe to go alone. Let your buddy Discord accompany you.”

Twilight didn’t much like the thought of that. She knew all Discord would do was distract and annoy her to Tartarus and back. Besides, someone needed to stay here and watch over everyone.

“Discord, I need you to stay to look after everyone. Make sure they don’t go anywhere while I'm gone. Can you do that?” Discord looked displeased at Twilight’s suggestion. Then, Applejack spoke up.

“Twi, I think it’d be safer to let him follow you, he is the God of Chaos after all.”

“But-” Twilight tried to retaliate, but Applejack spoke again.

“Me and Pinkie can take care of this place, don’t you worry about us. You should worry about yourself Twi, you’re going out into the wilderness alone…”

Applejack stopped and looked at Twilight for a second. And for that second Twilight saw how badly her friend worried for her. No matter how much she wanted to push herself for her friends, they always reminded her that they want her to be safe too.

“Fine, Discord can come,” Twilight sighed.

Discord squeeled with joy as he got his attire ready. He wore a long scarf with polka-dots and a pair of thick boots for his delicate feet.

“Alright! Let’s go!” beamed Discord.

Just then, a shy face poked down from upstairs to see what was going on.

“Oh. Hi everypony,” Fluttershy slowly crawled down the stairs. "What is going on?"

Discord, feeling horrible that he had to leave his best friend behind, bent down to her and said, “Fluttershy dear, Twilight and I have to go down to the radio tower to make a report. Our friend Rainbow is missing you see.”

Discord expected Fluttershy to look gloomy because he had to leave, but her face lit up in shock. “Rainbow is missing?”

"Oh I knew we should have left! The little birdie told me something bad was going to happen!"

“What bird?” Twilight asked from the back. Discord cringed. Maybe he should have told Twilight sooner.

“Yes, a bird told me there was danger on top of this mountain. But we were going to wait until morning to tell you…”

“Why would you do that?” Twilight asked. Any crucial information would have made a difference. She didn’t understand why anypony would withhold such important information.

“Discord said I shouldn’t bother you…”

Twilight glared at Discord. He knew he couldn’t do much to save the situation, so he just looked away. He really didn't mean to make things bad this time.

With all eyes on him and the pressure caving in, Discord did the next best thing: move on.

“Well I know we’d all love to play the blame game but we must get going.” Discord glared back at the judgemental purple mare. “Rainbow Dash isn’t going to save herself you know…”

Twilight was taken aback by Discord's words. What was that supposed to mean? Was he trying to say it's her fault now?

Discord left the door behind him as Twilight tried to catch up, wondering what his words meant.