• Published 30th Nov 2011
  • 11,061 Views, 188 Comments

Call of Duty - Equestrian Warfare - ChromeRegios



After a Disastrous mission gone wrong, Jackson was left for dead at a nucler explosion when he foundhimself to be the first human... in a whole new world.

  • ...
22
 188
 11,061

Extra 2 - S.A.S

Somewhere deep in the Russian Wilderness, a British Special Air Services team consisting of four veteran commandos touches down, parachuting in to destroy a nuclear missile silo Russian Ultranationalist Rebels had seized four days earlier. Joining them was Staff Sergeant Griggs, on loan from the USMC First Force Recon, their mission given new urgency by the detonation of a rebel nuke in Basrah. But it was off to a bad start as Griggs gets separated during the jump.

“Where’s Griggs?” Captain John Price asks as they reach their rendezvous point short a member.

“Looked he got blown off course. I think he ended up on the other side of the hill,” a worried Lieutenant Gaz says while walking up to Captain John “Soap” MacTavish and Price.

Soap is worried too, but shakes his head. “We can’t waste much time finding him; those Russian Silos won’t wait for us to launch,” he reminds the team while looking towards the Silo gates.

They were all elite special forces soldiers, and given a mission that would require all their skill and experience to complete. The team’s orders were to sabotage and destroy the silo site, and had a three-day deadline under which to do it. After that, there was a good chance the rebels would be able to break the codes and launch the missiles.

“Guys, Griggs just activated his distress beacon. He might be in trouble,” Gaz says, checking his GPS.

“What’s his location?” Price asks.

“He’s about two clicks north of here,” comes the reply as they move out towards the indicated area. They soon come across a rebel scout near the tree line, but Soap makes quick work of him with a single silenced round, moving on.

He isn’t alone, however. “Price!” Soap gives a sharp whisper just loud enough for his fellow SAS soldier to hear. “Enemy sentries. Four rebels, two pairs. 80 yards at 11 and 2 o’clock,” he whispers.

“I see ‘em, take aim and fire on my mark. Suppressed fire only!” Price directed, and the entire team took aim with their, firing on command with a mixture of silencer-equipped M4A1s and G36Cs, killing all four in moments.

After scanning for and not finding any more rebels, they resume their approach. “That’s the last of them. What’s Griggs location?” Price asks as he strips each of the dead scouts of their weapons and ammunition in turn, pulling them under cover and out of sight.

“He’s right on top of us… there! In that small building at 10 o’clock.” Gaz points towards a small storage house near the Main Base of the Nuclear Silo

The team prepares to raid the structure, positioning themselves on all entrances, taking some haste when they hear angry voices speaking accented English… and the sounds of someone being hit repeatedly. After neutralizing some crude tripwires and sensor arrays, Soap sets charges and prepares to breach. At Price’s signal, the lock is blown off the door and they storm the shed in a very practiced manner, quickly killing all three guards inside and finding Griggs stripped of his uniform and equipment, bound to a chair.

“I see you’re all tied up at the moment!” Soap makes a pun as they free him, though Griggs is less than amused.

“Real funny, Soap. All tied up ‘my ass’… just get me the fuck outta here!” a bleeding but still defiant Griggs growls as Gaz cuts his ropes, setting him free.

Knowing the rebels are likely alerted to their presence, they rapidly evacuate the shed, pausing only long enough for Griggs to don a rebel uniform and equip himself with Russian weapons and a spare S.A.S. radio, his subcutaneous transponder having led his comrades to him. “About time you came… Now time for a payback on these motherfuckers!” he pulls back the loading handle on his freshly-appropriated AK.

Acting before the captured base could organize against them, the team infiltrates the silo compound killing guards and scouts along the hallways and catwalks, from above and below. Following their maps and assisted by an occasional—and often painful—interrogation of wounded rebels, the combined USMC/SAS team eventually finds the room where the nuclear weapon is held, the rebels having extracted a warhead from its missile to jury-rig a detonator. The bomb is merely the size of a typical desktop computer, but far more dangerous!

“Gaz, grab that thing and let’s get the fuck out of here!” Price says, motioning Gaz to go.

“Damnit, these bloody Russians didn’t know what they were doing with this,” Gaz growls at the mess of wires and tools surrounding it, trying to separate the warhead from it. He has nearly succeeded when it gives out a loud alarm. It was only then that he realizes the Rebels aren’t completely incompetent—the device is booby-trapped!

“Shit, it’s rigged!!” he shouts, and realizes there is very little chance he can disarm it in time. Hearing the news, Griggs runs outside. The others follow him and rush towards the silo exit but the device is about to explode… and it is far too late for them to get away.

“HIT THE DECK!!!” Soap shouts as the improvised device detonates. All of them perceive a bright flash of light for a split-second before being engulfed by the fireball. The 30-kiloton blast annihilates the silo and everything within several kilometers surrounding it, leaving only a radioactive crater in its wake.