• Published 30th Nov 2011
  • 11,060 Views, 188 Comments

Call of Duty - Equestrian Warfare - ChromeRegios



After a Disastrous mission gone wrong, Jackson was left for dead at a nucler explosion when he foundhimself to be the first human... in a whole new world.

  • ...
22
 188
 11,060

Extra 4 - News 5 Reporting


“Good evening and welcome to Global Network News... I’m Jake Stanford Reporting.”

“With the world still in shock and coalition forces still tallying their losses following the detonation of a Russian nuclear device in the rebel capital of Basrah, there are also fragmentary reports of missing troops and equipment on both sides. Some witnesses have described seeing brightly glowing ‘portals’ in the immediate aftermath of the attack, through which they could see ‘a different world.’

“Coalition authorities have remained very tight-lipped on the subject, saying only that ‘investigation is ongoing’. More troubling, however, is the fact that entire ultranationalist rebel formations seem to have disappeared without a trace, in some cases taking their equipment and vehicles with them. An entire village was emptied of them, and an anonymous source reports that a combined British S.A.S./US Marine force detachment thought they had a rebel leader cornered in an old factory, only to enter the complex and find it deserted with no trace of the commander or his men.

“And now, in a GNN exclusive, our own Amy Johnson is live at the formerly rebel-controlled factory with one of the soldiers who took part in the operation. Amy?”

The camera shifts to the Reporter, who is dressed in a helmet and flak jacket. “Yes, Jake. Two days ago, Staff Sergeant Williams was part of a combined British/American assault force that stormed this warehouse, only to find it deserted despite having all exit routes covered. Upon searching the complex, they found ‘an unusual hole’ had appeared from out of nowhere,” she explained, a degree of skepticism in her voice. “Coalition authorities have cordoned off this hole, which was originally covered by a plywood barricade. I’m standing here with Staff Sergeant Williams to give us a clear meaning of what the hole is.”

Amy gives the mike to Williams, who steels himself, knowing the trouble he’s about to get into. “Yes well, I shouldn’t be telling you about any of this—we’re under strict orders not to. But the world needs to know that something very strange is going on,” he begins somewhat tentatively.

“Have you seen this hole, then?” she asks him.

He takes a deep breath before speaking. “Yes, ma’am, I can confirm the ‘hole’ is real. We don't actually know what it is or where it will take us if we went through, but we’re certain that the rebels used it to escape us. We sent a ‘Raptor’ recon drone inside and it took pictures of this very lush landscape, nothing like the Middle East. We tried to recover it but it was... taken…” he trails off uncertainly.

“I’m sorry. Taken?” Amy presses him.

He visibly hesitates, knowing that as soon as the broadcast is over, his career likely is as well. “The image wasn’t great, but we saw this strange colorful bird that looked almost like a~”

“That’s enough, Sergeant!” a gruff voice broke in and suddenly the camera lens was covered. “You are not authorized to talk about that! Ma’am, you’ll have to come with me,” he said, but the reporter broke away.

“So, what you’re saying is there might be something other than the rebels inside that hole?” she calls out to the collared Marine sergeant, who answers back over his shoulder.

“Listen to me! It’s not our world through there! It’s something entirely different! And I think there’s an alien race there as well!” Staff Sergeant Williams shouts out before being dragged out the door, the camera catching his voice but not his face before the feed was cut.

There is dead silence in the studio. “It appears we have lost contact with Amy. We will try to reestablish our link as soon as we can, but until then… you heard it yourself from Staff Sergeant Williams. Our first on-record confirmation of these ‘portals’. We have few answers, only more questions right now, so we invite you to decide in your homes: are these holes truly a gateway to a different world? Is some supernatural force helping the Rebels? Could both they and our own missing troops be there? Is this a prelude to a new rebel atrocity? Or perhaps a secret coalition effort?” he wonders aloud as a sheet of paper is passed to him by a cameraman.

He scans it quickly, a look of surprise on his face. “This just in... we now have additional confirmed reports of portals opening all over the world. Not just in the Middle East, but also in Peru, Berlin, China... and America! The president has just issued the following statement:

“‘We advise all citizens in and across America that if you happen to come across a hole near your homes, offices or the streets, report them at once and keep away from them. Until we know for sure what they are, it is not safe to go near them and they must be kept under military guard. Be assured we are investigating the nature of these strange portals and the safety of our citizens is paramount. Until we have answers, keep calm, and carry on.”

“So there you have it, folks. These portals are real, and authorities are investigating them all around the world as we speak…” more information as it comes available. We’ll take a brief break now, but return at the top of the hour. Until then, this is Jake Stanford, saying... NEWS NEVER SLEEPS!”