• Published 18th Dec 2016
  • 583 Views, 13 Comments

Hearth Warming's Crusaders Carol - Lethrael



The Cutie Mark Crusaders were having three kinds of Hearth's Warming Eve experiences.

  • ...
 13
 583

A Bow, a Pot, a Dice, a Hat, nothin' fancy we have to get.

A Bow, a Pot, a Dice, a Hat, nothin' fancy we have to get.

Apple Bloom moaned in frustration, why was that so difficult. Last year she had get Applejack for a present and she had exactly known what gift suited her. The year before that she had get Granny Smith and had made her a nice picture. And she loved it a lot. But this year, this year she had to make a present for her brother, her everday quiet, everday happy or not, alright everday contented brother.

“What does he like to get?

Come on girl, you've to know him.

Maybe I'd ask Applejack what he...

No, that's just pity.

It means, I don't know him.

It means I don't care for him.”

She moaned again in frustration and lifted her head. She rolled her eyes. The lantern dangled in front of her but it didin't lightened her. Above of the light Apple Bloom spotted the questioning face of her friend.

“Any kind of idea yet?”

Scootaloo inquired, but the earth pony on the thinking spot frowned and shook her head.

“No! I'm the worst sister ever.”

She pressed her ears against her head and drooped.

“No you don't

Maybe a nice piece of cloth.

How about a...uhm scarf?”

Sweetie Belle tried to suggest, with a slight squeak, but a loud twin exclamation brushed over her.

“A scarf usually means you looked cold!”

“And I don't want to tell him that!”

Just now Apple Bloom realized, there was another voice and all three fillies looked surprised out of the window. A wide grinning Pinkie Pie stood outside on the balcony and waved.

“What in tarnation.”

Pinkie bounced in the room and giggled. She leaned down to Apple Bloom and nuzzled her a little.

“Hello there...

I've heard you need an idea for a present.

So I searched far and wide to help you out.

First I thought it would be great for AJ to visit the

Appletree Auction in Applewood.”

Pinkie snorted and started to repeat the same words over and over. Finally she pulled herself together and started over.

“Appletree Auction Applewood..

This is really good.

But I thought it through and what about Bloomberg,

what if she treated it like a kind of unfair treatment for...hm...hm...hm...”

Apple Bloom didn't know, how she could stop Pinkies blabbering, other than to put a hoof in her mouth.

“I didn't get Applejack to make her a present. Instead...”

Pinkie Pie grabbed her hoof an pulled it out of her mouth. She took a deep breath and started again.

“Uh then Granny Smith right?

I bet she likes one of your...hm...hm...hm.”

Again Apple Bloom stuck her hoof in Pinkies mouth and interrupted her blabbering. She shook her head and frowned.

“No! I've to make a present for Big Mac. And it's real hard to.

I just don't know what he real likes and I should know!”

Pinkie smiled softly and laid a hoof gently on Apple Blooms lips to calm her freak out. She mumbled something incomprehensible through the hoof and Apple Bloom freed her finally .

“I've said you shouldn't be worry.

It isn't important what gift you give him.

Just give it with all your love and it will sure be...Oh!”

Her ears were flapping twice, her tail was frequently waving and her left back hoof was drumming a quick beat. Something like a Hearth's Warming song.

“Uh I sense a new present emergency.

I've to go.”

And in a puff of smoke she disappeared. Scootaloo looked down and she was just puzzled about Pinkies quick disappearing. Sweetie Belle was kind of silenced from the whole scenery and looked rather silly. Apple Bloom closed the open mouth of her little unicorn friend with one hoof and smiled.

“As long, as I give it with love, uhm...”

Before we can hear her solution and are ruining our delight, we should move forward a little bit.

Welcome to a transition with a smouldering red fireplace. We see a little bit of ember, orange and just a spot in the darkness. But an orange hoof reawaked the fire with a few new logs and smooth blowing. Bright yellow flames were licking over the new material and lightened the scenery. The whole four Apple family members were laying on warm woollen blankets around the fireplace. Everyone, besides Applejack had a mug full of warm cider in the hoof. The last Apple placed herself on the last free spot between Granny and Apple Bloom. She fondled the little filly on her left with a hoof and took a mug of cider for herself. She raised it high.

“For family far and wide.

Happy Hearth's Warming Eve everypony.”

Every Apple joined in her exclamation and were raising their mugs.

“For family far and wide.

Happy Hearth's Warming Eve.”

Apple Bloom took a sip and sighed nervously. Now was the time for the gift exchange and she just didn't know, if she had picked the right present. What if Big Mac didn't like it? First she would get her own present, like every year. But this year she couldn't enjoy it as usual. Her eyes were wandering over every present and stayed finally on her own. The other three looked so good and big and hers was just a small piece of red, what should she say if he didn't like what she had made. She put the mug on the ground with a nervous shiver. Granny cleared her throat, smiled gently and stood slowly up. She went to the presents and looked directly in Apple Bloom's worrying eyes.

“Usually we used to pick up our presents and unpacked it one after another .

But we thought, that today we might do it different, right youngins?”

Applejack and Big Mac nodded and smiled to a confused Apple Bloom.

“Eyupp.”

Granny took one step closer, picked her present, hold it against her chest and laid it finally in front of her.

“We all know, what kind of trouble you have to pick the right present. And...”

Apple Bloom blushed heavily and interrupted the calm speech.

“I just want to showin' my love for you Big Mac.

I just want makin' a good present and...”

Big Macintosh took her in a gentle hug and muzzled her with his cheek.

“I don't need any kind of present to know that.

You're my sister and you'll always love me.”

Apple Bloom sighed relieved and smiled wide, as she pressed herself tighter into the hug. She closed her eyes and laid her face against her big brothers strong chest.

“You're our best little present, you know.

We're so proud of you and of what you have accomplished the last year.”

Applejack tousled her mane and joined in the hug too. Granny was watching the hug and eyed up every one of her grandchild's. She smiled with a sigh and glanced shortly in the cracking fire.

“You can be proud of your child's, littl' tarte.

They all become great ponies.”

So two happy moments of past and present were finished and only one Cutie Mark crusader is left of.

Now prepare yourself for...

Author's Note:

This is the second part of the story.
An Apple Bloom piece.
If you liked it leave a comment.
Now with that our last Crusader get the future spot, right?