• Published 17th Dec 2016
  • 623 Views, 10 Comments

Into The Fog - BG9



After coming across a mysterious young boy in the middle of the woods on her escape from the world, Trixie learns the value of love and friendship

  • ...
1
 10
 623

Anything but the Rain Part 2

Trixie opened the door to a brilliant white light. She had never seen anything like it before. And it was emanating from Leo.

"Leo what on earth is the matter with-"

Trixie tried to place her hoof on him only to find it went straight through. It was as if he were nothing more than a ghost. Leo blinks open his eyes.

"Mama?"

"Yes sweetie? Mommy is right here!"

"Where are you?" he said looking straight at you "It's all dark. I can't see anything."

Tears filled Trixie's eyes. This couldn't be happening. This had to be some sick, twisted joke.

"W-what are you talking about sweetie?" Trixie said, barely being able to contain her tears "Mommy is right here can't you see her!?"

He looks around. He couldn't even hear her voice anymore. Trixie felt like a knife was slowly being drive through her chest. And just as sudden as it happened, the bright glow began to fade, taking Leo with it without a single trace. Trixie looked at her hooves as if just staring at them long enough would bring Leo back to them. She bit her lip and cried. She should've know. She should've know this was too good to be true. She fell to the floor and just cried. The tears seemed like they would never cease. What was the point of all this? Why go to a new land, start a new life, if she didn't have Leo here to enjoy it with? She clutched her chest, feeling a stabbing pain. Her heart was breaking. Just as she had experience the sweet joy of a happy life, the rug was pulled out from underneath her. She couldn't go on, not like this. It was all over. Just like that. All the smiles. All the laughs. All the hope for the future. Gone in a brilliant flash of light. And he wasn't even able to hear her say 'I love you' one last time. All because of her stupid need for food.

This is all my fault Trixie thought This was all my fault!

Trixie knew she only had one option left. She slowly walked to the door and made her way to the deck. The sky was black without the moon's gentle light. The ocean was so calm tonight. Everything so peaceful, so serene and still. All she could hear was the sound of waves crashing into the boat. Soon she would join those waves, be enveloped by their cold embrace. Letting them absorb her for all of eternity. A life without her son just wasn't a life at all.

Trixie looked over the side. It was going to be quite a fall. All the better. She climbed on the railing and looked down. It was finally time for this horrible comedy show she called a life to close. It seemed the the Great and Powerful Trixie was just never meant for greatness and power. All she was meant for was to be laughed at and hurt. Trixie inched towards the ledge. This was really it. She was really going to throw her life to the waves. She looked back at the boat one last time and took a deep breath.

"Goodbye Starlight. Goodbye Leo. I love you."

She went limp and just fell into the abyss. She waited for the moment her boy slammed into the ocean below but for some reason it was taking too long. Trixie opened her eyes. She was covered in a magic veil. She looked back up to see none other than Starlight Glimmer holding her up with magic. Tears were falling down her face and on Trixie.

"S-Starlight?"

Trixie began to struggle

"Let me go!" Trixie screamed "I don't want to live anymore! Let me go! Let me go!"

Starlight clenches her jaw and with one hard pull, puts Trixie right back on the deck, jumping on top of her. She had a look of rage so searing it practically melted Trixie's soul.

"Y-you.." Starlight could hardly form words she was so upset "H-how dare.."

Trixie just looked back with eyes devoid of life. She really had died inside now. Nothing left but her own beating heart. More tears were streaming down Starlight's face than she had ever seen in her life. It was like a waterfall. She bit her lip.

"Come. You're going to make this right." Starlight blubbered

"Oh yeah? And how's that?" Trixie said

There wasn't even any life left in her words.

"I'm glad I stayed. I was worried you might try something so I sneak on to watch you just in case. Why Trixie? Why would you do something like this?"

Trixie just remained silent. It wasn't as if Starlight was going to revive her. Leo took all the remaining life she had left.

"Answer me Trixie!"

"Leo is gone."

"Gone?"

"Yeah. He vanished into a white light."

Trixie felt her heart crack again and she closed her eyes.

"Oh Trixie."

Starlight gets out from on top of her. Tears fill Trixie's eyes again.

"I... I don't know what to do." she said "K-kill me. Please. Kill me."

Starlight hugged Trixie tight.

"Shhhh. Shhh. Just let it all out." Starlight cooed

Trixie buried her face into the mares shoulder and cried again. She couldn't believe he was gone. She just couldn't believe it. Why was life determined to make her hurt so much?

"Trixie listen to me." Starlight said "We're going to make it out of this. I promise."

"How!? There's nothing left."

"Yes there is! We have each other! Do you trust me?"

Trixie broke into sobs again

"Do you trust me?" Starlight asked again

"I don't know!"

"We're going to help. Let's go back Trixie. We can help you. I can help you."

"I don't want help! I want to die!" Trixie cried

"Don't say that. Come on. Let's go home. Maybe then we can get you that peace you so desire. Will you come with me?"

"I don't care anymore."

"Well we're going Trixie. And don't you ever forget how much I love you. You are loved."

Author's Note:

All aboard the feel train. Woo, woo!

Comments ( 1 )

Shouldn't this have a human tag?

The Monk
"Knowledge is power and power corrupts, so study and be evil." - Reykan

Login or register to comment