• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 861 Views, 29 Comments

Panda Skies The Mechanical Mechanicist... or an Engineer for short. - PandaVoltz



Mechanical Thing-a-ma-giggers are always fun, unfortunately for me, mine are mostly illegal.

  • ...
5
 29
 861

Well...This Is A Predicament

As I sit here, freaking out internally, on my very comfy recliner, the wonderful question of 'what am I going to do?' still is at the forefront of my thoughts. Did I also mention that three of some of the most prominent political and royal figures are sitting on my couch? No? Well how about the royal guards that seemed to have surrounded my house, because I can see them through the living room windows? Still a no? Well now you know, and the fact that the three figures: Princess Celsetia, Princess Twilight, and the cute dragoness daughter of Celestia/sister of Twilight, Barb, are currently awaiting an answer from me. The question, you ask, is whether or not I am in possession of a nuclear weapon, which I am not! I only have the equipment, knowledge, and materials to assemble one. Not that I would of course, the only problem, or problems really, are that they don't know that I have only made an engine, not a weapon. The other problems being that I have no idea of what to do, the nuclear engine is directly below their feet, and I have, in my mind, what amounts to an army surrounding my house to prevent me from escaping. Its at times like this where I wish I had wings or magic so that I could have at least a chance at getting away, not that I could have though, given that both princesses have magic that, allegedly, is as strong as an entire army. I'm really not liking my odds here. I look over to a nearby clock and... have I been just sitting here ranting in my head for the past ten minutes? I quickly look up and see all three pairs of eyes on me with small frowns starting to appear on their faces. "Mr. Skies, what is your answer? If you continue to be silent I will be forced to allow the guards to search your house, with or without your permission, and to take you into custody for further questioning." The Princesses face had a look of what looked like pity, but her words had a bite to them, and I know that she wasn't bluffing. So I answer with a question of my own, just to help buy me time to think of a plan, even though my mind is about shot right now. I really hope it's because of today's events and not that I have some form of radiation poisoning.

"Before I answer can you tell me how you came about this rumor, or at least who told you? I'm not confirming nor am I denying it, I just want to know." And way to go me, if they weren't suspicious at first, now they definitely are. But at least, I hope, this will buy me time. Though I am legitimately curios on who tipped them off, because there are a lot of people, not just ponies, who would sell me out. Either because they didn't get exactly what they wanted, the end product cost more than originally agreed upon due to unforeseen complications, or just because they wanted the product but didn't want anyone else getting a hold of my services so that they can have the best technology and monopolize on it. This time though, instead of Celestia, Twilight was the one who answered me. "We cannot disclose who sent us the information, not that we could have anyway, the letter was sent via an extremely common messenger spell that had been modified slightly to send to a location rather than a specific pony. Though we can show you the letter if you would like." Well this is just fantastic, not only do I not know who ratted on me, but there is also the fact that it would be almost impossible to track the messenger. But I nod my head and a small piece of parchment appears on my coffee table. I gently grab the, in my opinion, offending paper and begin to read:


To whomever it may concern, I will make this as brief as possible, I have information on an individual who may be in possession of a(n) nuclear weapon, or may currently be in the making. His name, from what I know, is Panda Skies, though that could just be an alias. A tall (about six foot) black and white earth pony whom was last known to have lived far outside of the town of Ponyville to the east. I do not know for certain if this is true, but I urge you greatly to look into this. The only other piece of evidence is that he was last seen in the Minotaur Provence's with the leader of the mining company IronWork Incorporated, Haulk Mauldime, who just so happens to be the nations most successful international mining business, and who also just so happens to be the biggest investor to his nations military research and development organisation known as E.M.T.D or the Experimental Military Technology Department. So please, even if it's just a small search, just please look into it.


Well...this is a predicament, not only does this person know who I am, they also know where I live, who I had made a deal with, which means they had to have been present during the negotiations, and in hind sight I probably should have asked extensive questions as to where this nuclear engine would be used seeing that Haulk is also heavily involved in the military. But Barb decided to break me out of my thoughts, and by the way she looks, she's irritated. "Okay, are you just going to sit there and make yourself look worse than you already are? Just tell us the truth! Unless you think you could fight off two Princesses, a dragoness, and five squads of royal guards who have been specifically trained for years on how to take ponies down." Yep, she is annoyed, though I have to admit the way her cheeks puffed out slightly made her look adorable. The thing that ruined the adorableness was the fact that she's an irritated dragoness, an irritated dragoness with very sharp looking claws that looked more like mini knifes, and I would gladly rather not be on the receiving end of them. So I swallow my pride and ask the only question that comes to mind, the one that might be able to save my ass, in more ways than one.

"What if I told you that it isn't a weapon, but an engine?"

Author's Note:

Second Chapter YAY! This one was fun to write, mostly because it's fun to write. Though I have to give thanks to MI34pilot for commenting, the first comment on the entire story, for giving me an idea of what to do with the 'engine'. And also I will be trying to update at least once a week, school and life gets to be a handful sometimes, so I hope that's okay, I'm not that fast of a writer. Sorry...

So, thank you for reading, point out any errors (if there are any), comment to your hearts content (Seriously, I absolutely LOVE comments, there always so much fun to read!) , and have a wonderful Wonderful day!