• Published 13th Jan 2017
  • 393 Views, 3 Comments

The Fall of Nightmare Shadow - Silver Inkwell



Equestria stands at the edge of a cliff/ dagger waiting to fall. The only hope now is to defeat Nightmare Shadow and save their lives from danger and peril.

  • ...
 3
 393

Explanation

“Well first let me say thank you for all coming here and joining me today.

Secondly, please do not interrupt me, I will explain it all with due time.

And finally, you must understand that victory does not come without sacrifice.

You see this must have been his plan all along, take over the Crystal Empire and then spread darkness and shadow and fear and hatred and sorrow and pain and despair all over the lands of Equestria. He has hidden his thoughts and ideas and plans very well from me, quite well indeed, so much so that it was not until very early this morning that I finally discovered his end game.

But there is something even more troubling that I also found, I checked our mail and saw letters given to us by him, and there were copies of it on our beds too, and I think that you have not read them so I will read it for you instead.

Dear receiver, if you are reading this then I have already won because I have now finally taken over the Crystal Empire, and all that you must know now is that your doom and end is finally here. Do not try to resist for it is very futile.

All your efforts will be in vain, and nothing that you do can or will change your fates that I have planned for you, but if you do wish for us to talk or perhaps maybe even join me then feel free to come to my new Empire, but if you wish to fight in a battle and war you could also come over here, but you will fail.

I would highly suggest and advise that you do not fight and instead merely just accept your fate and doom.

You are also invited over here for dinner any time that you want should you ever wish to come and talk with me. But also know this, my power and knowledge far surpass any and all of yours combined or not, for even separated or joined together you are still no match for me. You have no idea what powers and knowledge I hold, and should you wish or dare to fight me in battle and war, well that would be a very foolish thing to do indeed.

Sincerely the Prince of the Night, Darkness, Shadows, Dreams, Fears, Dreams, etc. Nightmare Shadow.

This troubles me very much for many reasons you see, for one, he seems very confident in his powers and knowledge, but not too overconfident, he also seems to be very honest too, and he also wants us to either give up or instead challenge him to a fight so he can have his battle and war too. This makes him a very dangerous opponent indeed, he’s smart, he’s clever, he’s wise, he’s very powerful, he’s very strong, and he has lots of knowledge as well. But I do think that I know where his one and only weakness may lie, one that we have failed to see because we have been so focused on trying to rescue Luna instead.

But we have been wrong about the reason as to why he took her in the first place, he made it look like he was trying to hurt you Celestia.

But in reality he was doing more than just that, he was also keeping a promise too, one that he would do anything to keep, even if it meant that he would die in the end, he wants to bring Nightmare Moon back because she is the only pony that he knew on the moon, and imagine if you were stuck on that barren piece of rock, don’t you think that you would start to care for that pony even if what they taught you was wrong? For you see, monsters are not born, they are very slowly created and formed and shaped into the thing that they are now.

But we have also seen him as wrong too, he’s bluffing, he’s just using illusions and smoke and mirrors to make himself more powerful and stronger than he really is, and though I may not know how he does this, I also know that it probably isn’t better to question it right now, better to ask him instead.”

“Wait, what are you saying exactly?” Twilight said curiously.

“We accept his invitation and go to the Crystal Empire and talk to him.”

“That’s absolutely crazy, and the stupidest thing that I have ever heard of before,” Twilight said trying to talk some reason and logic into him

“It’s not that crazy or stupid,” he said, “It’s actually quite very sane instead, you see he invited us to the Empire so that means he won’t kill us on the spot even if we do decide to come, so we have a chance at least to talk reason with him.”

“Do you really think that he can be reasoned with if he is as equally insane, crazy, or stupid as you?” Celestia said also trying to use logic and reason too.

“Maybe,” Star Swirl said, “But we have to try this out at the very least.”

“Very well then,” Celestia said, “We will join you if you tell us your plan.”

Star Swirl smiled, “You honestly think that I have a plan in mind?”

“Yes?” she said uncertain if he did since you could never predict him at all.

“Well then you would only be half right, I have one plan and none and many others too, but you see I do have an idea where we can start, but we’re going to need a few more ponies and volunteers to join us, a whole lot more in fact.”

“How many do you need exactly?” Celestia said.

“A whole lot more,” he said again, “Don’t worry though, I know who they are and where they are, but before we go get them there is some pony else that is very special that I must show you, and I will understand your shock and surprise when you see her, she is a bit different and more unusual and odd and strange then when you last her so very long ago.”

“Who is it exactly?” Celestia said as they left the castle to follow Star Swirl somewhere else leading them to this pony.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: The Surprise Guest

It's a surprise!

So stay tuned for more!