• Published 7th Dec 2016
  • 517 Views, 2 Comments

Equestria Girls: A School's Flare - Cloudheartswirl



The girls face a new challenge a head them, involving a new person and an old foe

  • ...
3
 2
 517

Chapter 2- Suspicion

EG: A School's Flare

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2
~~~~~~~~~~~

“As you see Canterlot High is a wonderful place, where you can feel the beauty everywhere!” Rarity says to the group of Everton students as they all walk through the halls.

“Ya’ll can also feel the power of friendship through out here!” Applejack says. The mane seven show the group of students everything there is about Canterlot high and what fun things they do there.

“Over here is the music room! This is also where our band practices, maybe you’ve heard of us?” Rainbow dash says with a sly grin. The Everton students look blankly at Rainbow.

“Seriously?! Well…. You will soon!” Rainbow says then walks away kinda defeated.

“Anyways, if ya’ll follow us, we’ll show ya’ll the auditorium.” Applejack says. While they all walk towards the auditorium, Sunset lingers to the back with twilight. Spike pops his head out of Twi’s backpack.

“So, what are you going to do about Minty? Cause it doesn't seem like she’s wants to be friends with you again, anytime soon.” Spike says quietly so that no one but Sunset and Twilight, hears them. Sunset sighs.

“I don’t know, I mean. The students here forgive me for what I did, but, that after I rescued them from some manipulative sirens. And it doesn’t seem that time hasn’t healed her wounds from the past…” Sunset says.

“Well, it seems that Minty is close with Melody, maybe if you get to know her, you get closer with Minty.” Twilight points out. Sunset looks at Melody, who is walking right beside Minty.
“I don’t know, something just feels…. Off about her.” Sunset says. Just the way Melody walks sends weird vibes down Sunset’s back.

“Jealous maybe?” Spike says. Sunset and Twilight angry stare at Spike.

“What? I'm just saying! Anyways, if you're unsure about her how about you just do your weird mind seeing thing and ‘see who she really is’” Spike says.

“As much as I love to, I can’t, we promise Principal Celestia to not use magic around the Everton students ,plus, even if I did do it, how am i going to touch her with making it seem…. weird?” Sunset says.

“Well just try to get to know her the, um, ….. normal way, it's probably your only chance to get close with Minty and repair your friendship with her.” Twilight says.

“Yeah, Alright...” Sunset signs then walks over towards Melody and Minty.

“Hey…” She says to them.

“Ugh…..” Minty starts to walk faster and gets to the other students.
“So, Melody….” Sunset Says.
“Yes?” Melody says.
“I was wondering how you and Minty got to know each other.” Sunsets Says. Melody chuckles.
“Well, in truth is kinda funny. When I first was transferred to Everton from my old school, Vice Principal Zecora asked me of what I’ll be studying during my program. I chose to do Psychology. Little did I know that Minty choose to do the same thing. So Zecora decided to pair us up together.” Melody says.
“I see, so…. Why did you choose Psychology?” Sunset asks.
“Simple, I just want to understand the minds of others, so that I can help them, and help Minty with her goal, after all she just wants a world where everyone is friends. After all, that’s why most of the students from our school comes to us with any friendship problem!” Melody says.
“Really?” Sunset says, having a tough time swallowing all of that down.
“I know that our school may seems a bit…. Shut in, but everyone just shy in there own way. But that’s what you get when you are mostly on your own. Then again, later in life you’ll be forced to on your own.” Melody says.
“What do you mean?” Sunset raises an eyebrow. She started to feel a bit creeped out
“Well, my dear Sunset, as time passes, when life at school is over, you’ll be forced to move on like many others, and while you may still have contact, that connection will slowly die until there are only faint memories, it's the sad truth but that’s why I want to happily help other continue to grow and make friends with others so that there isn’t any faint memories and our name’s will be remembered throughout history.” Melody says with a smile.
“Ok then…” Sunset says, feeling of unsure of melody as her words rang through her head. Soon the group finally get at the auditorium.
“And here is the auditorium! Or should I say FUNitorium! Get it?” Pinkie says she she opens the doors to the auditorium. The auditorium is filled with some party stuff and some couple of other CHS students waiting for them. Pinkie quickly hops to the stage.
“It’s time to mingle people! Please enjoy and have FUN!” Pinkie says. The students of CHS cheered while the students of Everton groans. The room is then mixed into a blur of CHS and Everton students. Sunset quick finds her friends near the stage and head towards them.

“Ah, Sunset darling, how was your talk with Melody?” Rarity says.

“Yeah, Twi told us that you were going try’ to get to know her.” Applejack says.
“Well, Apparently She and Minty study Psychology together and both want a world where everyone’s friends...” Sunset signs.
“But It’s just…..” She says.
“It’s just what?” Twilight says.
“I don’t know, just, the way she said things, like, moving on and connects slowly dying, it makes me think, that there’s something more to her than she is. I….. think she might be hiding something.” Sunset says. Deep inside she can tell that something is not right. Just way Melody talk, Sunset knows that she is lying, and now, has to find the truth. The girls look at each other in silence.
“Are you sure, darling? Melody seems like a nice person.” Rarity says.
“And, Well….. Technically, Melody isn’t wrong about friendships die over time. It's been proven that friendships die due to certain things, Like over time, a Problem with friends themselves, or moving on to different towns or states. It's natural to human behavior since….” Twilight points out. All of the girls stare at Twilight.
“I ,Uh, read that from a… you know what, nevermind.” She says.
“Well, it's not like that’s going to happen to us, after all, we got the power of friendship on our side, remember?” Rainbow dash says.
“Eeyup.” Applejack says.
“Of course darling.” Rarity says.
“Always!” Pinkie says.
“Uh huh.” Fluttershy nods. Twilight nods as well.
“We’ll always be friends, I guess I got caught up in Melody’s words a little too much. After all this is supposed to be about two school’s coming together.” Sunset says.
“So let’s show Everton the power of friendship!” Rainbow ash says.
“Yeah!” All of the girls say.

“Ah, Ah-Ah, Ah-Ahh.”

“Hmm?” Sunset looks around. Sunset heard something faintly familiar.
“Did you guys hear that?” She asks the group.
“Other than people chatting to one another, no.” Applejack says.

“Ah, Ah-Ah, Ah-Ahh.”

Sunset hears it again, looking around to see where the sound came from.
“Are you guys, seriously not hearing it?” she says.
“Sunset what are you hear--” Rarity is cut off by the sound of arguing. One of the voice’s sound familiar.
“That’s sounds like…. Trixie!” Sunset says as she and the girls rush to see what’s going on. They soon see Trixie and another girl with really light purple skin, purple hair with a bit lighter purple and aquamarine stripes in her hair. She also had an equal mark on her dress.
“Trixie’s GREAT and AMAZING illusions are not low, dull, and boring!” Trixie says.
“Well they are certainly not realistic like those stories you’ve been telling, I mean seriously magic isn’t real, so how about you act like a normal person, and we can talk like true equals we are.” The girl says.
“How dare you talk to our friend like that!” Fuchsia Blush steps up.
“Yeah! At least, trixie has some fashion sense and isn’t some kind of shut in!” Lavender Lace steps up as well.
“Oh hoo! But my dears at least Starlight has a plan for the future!” A man with white skin with pale pink hair, brown eye’s and glasses and was wearing blue suit, spoke up.
“Yeah, it's a better one than some dweebs dream to perform dumb tricks.” a girl with light brown skin, yellow eye’s, short white hair with faded purple tips at the end, spoke up as well. Just as Sunset was about to step in, Minty and Melody stepped in and went over to each group.
“Whoa, Whoa, whoa! Starlight, please calm down, here...” Minty said and pulled out an incense from her backpack. The smell of the incense fills the room with a sweet smell. Starlight takes a deep breath.
“There, There…. Now Starlight, we talked about this. Anything is possible, remember true Equality starts with caring and knowing another, and will lead the way to friendship. And I have a feeling you want to be her friend. But remember it's ok if our opinions are different.” Melody says, putting a hand on Starlight’s shoulder.

“I'm sorry, Melody. I’ll think more clearly next time.” Starlight says in a monotone voice.
“We’re sorry too Melody.” the man and the other girl say in a monotone voice as well. Sunset, suspicious, gets a little closer, only to see something swirling up melody’s arm and flow right under Melody’s scarf. This all looked too familiar to Sunset. Melody moves before Sunset could get a second look. Melody walks over to Trixie.
“Trixie, I'm sorry that Starlight hurt your feelings, she just wants to be on the same level as me and you.” Melody says and puts her hand on Trixie’s shoulder.
“Trixie has always been on a higher level than everyone else, so I guess Trixie can understand.” Trixie says.
“Thank you Trixie, here, I want you to have this, it's a soothing surround sound music CD, considerate as a gift from us to you.” Melody says. Suddenly, Principal Celestia, Vice Principal Luna and Zecora walk into the auditorium.

“My Dear Melody what happen here? I heard the a disagreement from your peers.” Zecora says.

“Just a little argument Vice Principal Zecora. Melody and I handle it.” Minty says.

“I see, then I believe it is time to take our leave, Celestia, Luna, I shall see you tomorrow. For it will be our school to dazzle and show.” Zecora says.

“Of course Vice Principal Zecora, we shall see you tomorrow.” Principal Celestia says. Vice Principal Aecora walks out and her students quickly follow behind her, until there was just the CHS students left in the auditorium.

“Well…. They were interesting.” one student says.

“At least, one them, has some common sense, Trixie shall give this to you Fuchsia, Trixie doesn’t need it, Trixie listens to her own music.” Trixie hands over the CD to Fuchsia Blush.

“I'm surprised that you guys didn’t handle it.” Flash says as he walks up to the main 7.

“W-We were going to, but Melody and Minty handle it so well and quickly, there really wasn’t a need for us.” Applejack says.

“Minty’s incense calm everyone down and Melody was able talk to everyone to forgive.They both really seems to care about everyone being friends.” Fluttershy spoke.

“I'm not sure about that.” Sunset speaks up.

“What do you mean?” Rainbow says.
“Did any of you girl’s notice something weird about Melody? Like something creeping up her arm?” Sunset says. The girls shake her heads.

“Come on guys! There seriously something wrong! Did you guys serious not see the magic flowing to her?!” Sunset says.

“Sunset what in the world are you talking about?” Applejack.

“I SAW magic flow right into her! Think about it. Before the argument there was singing and after the argument Melody is suddenly able to calm everyone down? I…. I think Melody might be a siren!” Sunset finally says it.

“Sunset darling are you sure of that? I mean…. Sunset we defeated the Sirens a long time ago.” Rarity points out, starting to worry.

“Rarity is right, we defeated them, and there was only three of them according to Princess Twilight.” Applejack says.

“I know but, just…. What if the twilight from equestria was wrong? What if Melody is a siren? Huh?” Sunset says.

“If Melody was a siren, then how come she stopped the argument? Wouldn’t she rather have everyone keep argument so she could gain more power?” Pinkie pie says.

“Plus…. maybe what you saw could have been smoke from Minty incense.” Fluttershy points out. Sunset couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Are you guys even listening?! Are do you just not believe me?” Sunset says.

“We’re not saying that sugarcube, it's just…. We have to think logically. All of this junk has gotten your brain up in a jungle. How about tonight, we all have a sleepover at mah place, get a good night’s rest and think about this in the morning.” Applejack says.

“Yeah!”

“Uh huh.”
“Oh course darling.”
“Sleepover! Woo!”
“That sounds nice”

Sunsets signs.

“Yeah, alright… I guess I need some time think about this.” Sunset gives in.
“Great! Because I have some great sleepover idea we can do over at Applejack’s place!!” Pinkie says with excitement.

“Now, Pinkie, let’s not get too crazy…” Applejack says. They all laugh. Yet, The thought still lingers back inside of Sunset’s mind. Sunset’s know that tomorrow, that she will find her proof over at the Everton school itself.

Comments ( 1 )

This is pretty good in my opinion, even if there were some rather ruff areas and stuff that interrupts the flow at some points. Either way I can't wait for the next part.

Also, have you considered mentioning this being a sequel or something to A Betrayed Dazzling Rises?

Login or register to comment