• Published 4th Dec 2016
  • 709 Views, 10 Comments

Lost in the Dust - Leon Banz



Corvo finds himself in a not so normal place

  • ...
0
 10
 709

Taking Risks

The three fillies, their names being Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo, had lead him around the town frantically. They seemed to be really excited about meeting Corvo. They had asked so many questions that his head hurt.

As the man walked back into the town, he looked up at a rather large building. A sign lay on the outside not too far above the door. It had an alicorn with its wings spread and kicking at a ball on its hind legs. Just under the image it said The Moons Rising. He walked over to the door, still holding his head, and pushed it open.

The common room wasn't too full, but there were still ponies there. He had learned that most of the males had a more flat snout and were slightly larger, whilst the females had a rounded snout. Every head turned when he walked in, and every set of eyes stared. The innkeeper had come out from the kitchen, looking at him with wondering eyes as well. The bustle of the room had come to a stop, and the pony on the makeshift stage had stopped playing her harp. No one moved a muscle. Some looked about ready to jump him if he moved, so he searched their faces.

"What is it that you want, man?" The innkeeper finally said, almost spitting the last word out at him. Corvo ignored him with a sigh and walked out of the inn. Apparently the whole town had gotten word of him in one day. Some didn't mind him, but like the innkeeper, some didn't. He continued to look around, finding that few ponies were still in the streets of the so called Ponyville. He had learned that from the trio of fillies as well.

He found himself pulling himself onto a roof with Blink, another power from the void. Instantly he was there. He sighed again and lay down on the uncomfortable tile. He turned onto his back to look at the stars that filled the sky. A full moon lay in the sky like a disc that could be plucked easily from it. He found sleep rather quickly.


Corvo stood in a misty forest. He could barely make out the trees around him. His memory was foggy, but he knew he was in a dream. In front of him the mist seemed to swirl and take shape. It was a rather tall pony, with a long horn and wide wings. It took a more solid form, and he could see that its coat was a deep blue. Its mane and tail flowed unnaturally, and seemed to hold the stars themselves within.

"How hast thou come to our lands, human?" It said. It used and old and almost dead language to him. "Dost thine voice not work?" It stepped closer to him, stopping right in front of him. It stood up to his chest.

"I don't know. I just woke up here." He told the alicorn. She looked regal, and now that he looked, found that a black splash of color with stars and a crescent moon adorned its flank. Her cutie mark.

'Her? How would I know the gender?' He asked himself. He looked back into her eyes, finding that they had narrowed and was studying him.

"We will want to see thou in the flesh, but thine body remains in Ponyville." She told him. She backed up into the mist, being swallowed by it.

"Wait! What's your name!? Who are you!?" He shouted as she faded.

"Luna...." The word echoed through the area multiple times. Corvo looked around, trying to find where the alicorn had gone.


Corvo woke again with a start. He felt sweat roll down his cheek and drip onto the tile roof. He had sat up as he woke, and his hand slipped from under him. He tried to stop himself from falling onto the hard ground several feet below him, but with no luck. He tumbled, his legs landing on someone as his head hit the dirt hard.

"Sorry about that...." Corvo said to the mare as he stood back up. When he re opened his eyes, he saw that he had landed on an orange mare with a blonde mane and tail. Both were tied at the ends with a hair tie, like the ones Emily used to use.

"What in the hay? Where did you come from?" She yelled as she stood and stamped at him. She didn't seem to care that he was human.

"Sorry. I was sleeping on that roof and slipped. I tried to keep myself from falling." He pointed up to the roof with his thumb, indicating where he had fallen from. She seemed to heat up at it, but whether it was a blush or anger, he could not tell.

"Well be careful where you land next time." She huffed and walked off, carrying a saddlebag on her back. He flank had three apples on it. Corvo stood up, patting the dust from his coat. There were several more ponies about, and they hurried past him when they got near him. He sighed and walked toward the crystal castle. The crowd split around him as he walked. He found it rather amusing to see this occur.

When he reached the castle, he saw two ponies standing in front of the door, talking to each other. One of them was yellow with a pink mane and tail. Three butterflies adorned her flank. The other was pure white with a deep purple mane and tail. Three diamonds were on her flank.

"...Simply must come along, Fluttershy." The white one said as Corvo stepped within earshot. She didn't seem to notice him, and neither did the one called Fluttershy.

"I don't know, Rarity. That sounds like there's gonna be a lot of ponies there. I don't know if I wanna go...." Her voice wast soft, but he could still make out what she said. Her eyes flicked to Corvo, and they went wide with surprise.

"Oh come on, darling.... What are you staring at?" The one called Rarity turned to look at Corvo, and she seemed to look through him. Or rather at what he was wearing. He still wore his long tailed black coat and black shorts. His crossbow lay at his left side, his gun at his waist behind him. His folding blade was clipped to his right hip, waiting. A face of disgust formed on her face as she looked his up and down. "Come on darling, let's go see what Twilight it up to." Rarity said to Fluttershy, pulling her into the castle doors as she opened them. They slammed shut with such a force that it shook the ground under him slightly.