• Published 4th Dec 2016
  • 709 Views, 10 Comments

Lost in the Dust - Leon Banz



Corvo finds himself in a not so normal place

  • ...
0
 10
 709

Unlawful Imprisonments

Corvo stared down at staff the that he held. He looked over the crystal that laid in the middle of the iron half sphere. It glowed a bright blue as he did. His eyes widened at it as the light shot out in front of him. It took the form of something he had never seen before. It seemed jackal-like, with a spike on its chest and the back of its hands. It looked up at him with blazing red eyes.

"You." It said, but it did not move its mouth. "You are the one who released me? You are not Sir Aaron! You are not worthy! Bone Rush!" It seemed to yell. A blue light formed in its paw, and it rushed at him. Thinking quickly, he pulled out his folding blade and flipped it out, blocking the swing in the last moment. Corvo grunted, and pushed his assailant back a few feet. He spread his legs and held his sword out in front of him. The creature feinted a blow to the head and swept the bar of light towards his feet. Corvo jumped, easily clearing the low strike.

Instinctively, he reached for his crossbow, making sure the bolts were infused with sleep inducing drugs. Blocking the next strike and pushing the creature back, he aimed quickly and fired. The jackal-like creature seemed to vanish, the bolt whizzing into a white pony with an electric blue mane and tail. Its eyes rolled back and it fell, snoring softly. Without warning, a searing pain shot through his right side. Corvo spun around, surprised to see several of the jackal-like creatures standing there with bars of light.

'Seven of them? How? There was only one just a second ago.' He thought. Then his eyebrows raised at the realization. 'There is only one of them. It's an illusion.' He switched to one of the powers that had been given to him in the void, watching as every living thing in his vision turned yellow. Dark Vision, it was called. He smiled as he saw that he was right in thinking it was an illusion. Six of them had vanished from his vision, and one remained yellow.

Thinking quickly, he used Bend Time to slow everything around him to a crawl. To everyone around him, he was moving at super speed. He slashed through the six copies, taking aim at the real one with a sleep bolt. He pulled the trigger, and the bolt found its mark. Right in the side of the creatures neck. The glass broke, and released a small cloud of green smoke. A single inhale of the stuff made the creatures' eyes roll back, and it fell over.

"Finally, that's taken care of." Corvo said in relief. Without thinking, he pulled his mask off and put it inside his trench coat, letting his face cool off after the fight he had just participated in. Every pony was looking from him to the creature that lay curled up in a ball like a baby. It seemed so innocent despite its rash nature. It had been so aggressive toward him, even when he had done nothing to it.

As he looked around, he noticed that they were all staring at his face now, some even wandering forward to take a closer look. He smiled and knelt. They flinched slightly at him, but continued to wander closer. He chuckled at the wide, curious eyes. They reminded him of Emily to a degree. She had always been so curious and adventurous as a child. As they grew closer, he saw that Rainbow Dash was approaching quickly. Her brows were pulled down in a scowl, and her hoof beats could be heard growing even more powerful. When she was right up on him and staring him in the eyes, only then did her rage start to turn into a rosy blush. Which then turned into laughter.

"You are so stupid!" She said through the fits of laughter. "You are really, really stupid." She continued to laugh, falling over on her side and kicking her hooves in the air. Twilight sighed, slapped a hoof to her forehead, and walked over. She took one looked at Rainbow Dash and groaned.

"Sorry about her rudeness. She's been really giggly for a while now." She glanced over at her companion. "She's laughed at every cool thing anyone has done. It's starting to get really annoying."

"Don't worry about it. I'm kinda used to being laughed at to be honest." Corvo told the alicorn-alicorn?-as he took another look at the giant castle. He groaned as memories popped up from the past. "My only question is what will happen to that creature."

Twilight looked to it and back to him before answering. "I'm gonna take it into the castle and make sure it's okay before letting it free." She said with fear almost prominent in her voice. She grabbed it in her magic and walked into the castle, taking glances back at him. She seemed to have wonder about him filling her eyes. He passed it off as a trick of the light, more interested in the large castle that stood not thirty feet from him. He sighed, telling himself that he could not enter without the permission of the queen who ruled here.

Looking off into the distance, he saw another castle. He could see it quite clearly. It looked to be purple and gold, with waterfalls falling off into the lands below. Corvo found himself marveling at it in the way he had when he first saw Jessamine Kaldwin, Emily's mother. Even from afar he could see its beauty. And with that beauty came a game, a game that some called the Game of Houses. A game where lords and ladies competed with each other for social status. Fake smiles hid deadly knives, long winter coats concealed a poisoned crossbow bolt, and the smallest of threats held the largest danger. He knew the game all to well, for he had had to learn to play the game with the empress before Emily.

He felt a tug at his coat and looked down. Three little fillies had come up to him, one pure white, with a small horn on its head. Its mane and tail were mostly pink and had a little but of purple in it. The middle one was tan with a red mane and tail. A bow adorned her head. The last one was orange with a purple mane and tail. Small wings lay on her back.

"Who are you, mister?" The tan one said. Corvo sighed to himself. He had been right. The rest of his day was going to be very long indeed.

Author's Note:

Alright, so I had a few problems coming up with the fight scene. I will say that Corvo's abilities are a little different from the game, so I don't get sued for plagiarism. On another note, I am making this fic completely on my own. I have no editor to help me. Everything you read comes from my mind, and my mind alone. As with almost all of the stories I have written in the past.

Anyway, back to the main point. Corvo's Dark vision is mostly like the way it is in the game, but he can see things much farther than normal. His Bend Time is essentially Hold Time, and time still continues, but it makes him look like he's moving faster than anything alive to anyone watching. Anywho, if you have any suggestions to the progression of this story, please tell me. And feedback is always welcome, no matter the type. Good day/night to you all.