• Published 4th Dec 2016
  • 4,275 Views, 296 Comments

Princess Scootaloo - RuinQueenofOblivion



After finding out Scootaloo can't fly, Discord decides to help her out, in his own chaotic way of course. However his act of charity causes new problems for Equestria when he makes her an Alicorn, what will this mean for the future of Equestria?

  • ...
9
 296
 4,275

Chapter 8: Trixie Lulamoon

"HOLD IT!"

"Uh, Trixie was shouting really necessary?" A second mare's voice asked.

"Yes, it was totally necessary!" The first mare said. "The dramatic entrance is very important, especially when you're trying to make sure that something is stopped!"

"Seraphim, I believe you're familiar with Miss. Bellatrix Lulamoon," Celestia said with a smirk, she hadn't quite expected to hear from Trixie when she did, but here she was. She trotted up to them with Starlight close behind.

"Yes, I am, familiar with her, hello Trixie," Seraphim said with a frown. "What's it been, 3 years?"

"4 years actually since you tried to pay me off to get the charges against your nephew dropped," Trixie said as she rolled her eyes, which got a confused look from Starlight. "I'll tell you later."

"Well, it doesn't matter, we were just wrapping something up here," Seraphim said and turned back to look at Celestia. "So as I was saying, I would like to see my granddaughter."

"I believe Trixie has something to say about that, Seraphim," Celestia said as she looked back at the Unicorn. "You sent a letter to that effect did you not?"

"Of course your majesty, I believe this will be of use," Trixie said and levitated some papers out of her bags and cleared her throat. "When I heard from your nephew who was visiting Ponyville at the same time I happened to be there, that you were here for your granddaughter, I looked into these old case files from my mother's days as Chief Prosecutor."

Seraphim's eyes narrowed, she knew exactly what Trixie had found and she didn't like it. This was going to make what she wanted to do a lot more difficult, that's for sure.

"I'm going to have to have a word with August when I get back to the mansion," Seraphim said with a groan, her nephew had given her all sorts of trouble, not the least of which being the incident a few years ago. "So what "evidence" does our illustrious former prosecutor have to present to us today?"

"Your majesty, around 6 years ago, following an accident that claimed the lives of the Countess' daughter and son in law, Seraphim here officially filed to have her granddaughter, one Scootaloo, to be completely stripped of any ties she has to House Cirrus," Trixie said and looked at Seraphim with a smirk. "So in effect, you relinquished any chance you had to serve as the child's guardian 6 years ago."

Seraphim snorted a little at that, she had hoped that nopony would remember that particular decision, no matter she would have the filly no matter what.

"No matter, I am here to..." Seraphim started to say.

"YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING!" Celestia Said in the booming Royal Canterlot Voice, causing the elderly Pegasus to recoil. "Family Cirrus has given up any legal right to the child, and I find it suspicious that you happened to come just now after the recent events. I suggest that you drop the matter or bring it up in the courts. Now leave my court or I will have you thrown out!"

"Yes, your majesty..." Seraphim said and bowed, but she wasn't happy about it as she walked back out.

"She'll be back," Trixie said with a shake of her head before turning to Celestia. "Your majesty, thank you for your time."

"Of course Trixie, but I am afraid that it was only a temporary measure," Celestia said with a frown. "Seraphim and her family still pull a lot of weight, and there is now a good possibility that they may go public with what they know. For now, we will have to approach the situation with caution."

"We'll keep it quiet," Starlight said with a nod. "Is Scootaloo going to be okay?"

"I hope so," Celestia said with a nod.

"Well, legally Seraphim has no chance," Trixie said with a nod. "I'd be a lot more worried about what she'd try to do illegally, and if she goes public with this , its not going to go over well."

Celestia sighed, she knew that was true, they were keeping this secret, and even if the ponies weren't angry about the cover up, Seraphim might be able to rally the nobles to her cause.

Of course as long as Scootaloo was under the protection of herself, then there wasn't much Seraphim could do. At least not legally, which worried her a lot.

Ambition was a dangerous thing among nobles, and House Cirrus had it in spades.

00000

"Is everything okay, Princess?" Rainbow asked as Celestia re-entered the office.

"Honestly Rainbow Dash, I am not sure," Celestia admitted with a sigh as she looked at Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo who looked at her worriedly, she wasn't sure if she should tell them the truth or not. "I just had some issues with the nobility is all, do not worry about it."

"Its not related to me, is it?" Scootaloo asked, she wasn't sure if anypony in the nobility had found out about her being an Alicorn.

"Don not worry Scootaloo, you will be fine," Celestia said with a smile. "How about you go find your friends? I'd like to speak with Rainbow Dash for a moment."

"Okay," Scootaloo said as she trotted off to find her friends, two guards following her.

"I did not want worry her, but you should know what's going on," Celestia said to Rainbow once she was sure that the filly was out of hearing distance. "I believe that Scootaloo's grandmother Seraphim is the one behind the attempt to get you removed as her legal guardian. She was the one I had to go speak with earlier."

"Oh geez, what did she want?" Rainbow asked, though she really didn't want to know the answer.

"She wants Scootaloo now that she knows she's an Alicorn," Celestia said with a sigh. "Seraphim gave up all legal rights to Scootaloo years ago, so legally she does not stand a chance. However, if she was to go public with this information, then she could use it to her advantage in order to get at Scootaloo."

Rainbow started to get angry, she couldn't believe that Scootaloo's grandmother would do something like this. Scootaloo deserved better than that, even if Rainbow couldn't necessarily give it to her, she still wanted to make sure that she didn't get scum like her grandmother instead.

"What are we going to do?" Rainbow asked.

"We, might have to consider going public with the fact that Scootaloo is an Alicorn before House Cirrus does," Celestia said with a sigh. "And, there is one other thing, it may be the only way to ruin any chance Seraphim has to do this legally. Rainbow Dash, are you sure you are ready to be Scootaloo's adopted mother?"

Rainbow froze a little at that, the usually confident mare wasn't actually sure how to answer the question. She wanted to do it yes, but it wasn't something she had expected to come up so soon. She wanted to make sure that Scootaloo was happy and safe, and this was the best chance she had to do it.

She just had to hope that she wasn't going to get into trouble because of it.

"Whether or not I'm ready? I don't know..." Rainbow admitted with a sigh. "I've been trying to do my best to help Scootaloo ever since I became her Foster Mother, I've been trying to help her for a long time. While I'm not sure I'll ever be ready, I'll do it to make sure that she's safe from anypony that would want to use her."

"Alright Rainbow Dash, I will speed up the process for you," Celestia said. "In three days we will make the announcement, in two days the adoption should be formally complete. Do not worry, she will be safe, I give you my word as the princess of Equestria."

"Thank you Princess, I promise that I won't let you down," Rainbow said with a light bow.

"I know you won't Rainbow Dash, I believe in you and in Scootaloo," Celestia said. "You can go now, I will see you again at dinner."

Rainbow nodded and headed out of the office.

00000

Rainbow sighed a little as she walked into the dining room, she was surprised to see that just Fluttershy was waiting for her.

"Am I early or something?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, umm, Celestia said that she wanted to talk with Twilight and Rarity and Applejack wanted to take the CMC on a picnic in the courtyard," Fluttershy said. "I guess it's just the two of us tonight."

"Yeah, I guess it is," Rainbow said with a smile as she took a seat at the table next to Fluttershy and nuzzled her gently as the food was served for them. "This is, actually really nice... we haven't really had a chance to have a proper date in awhile."

"Yeah, it is," Fluttershy said with a smile as she kissed Rainbow.

Rainbow smiled lightly, it was hard to believe that she could've found such a wonderful marefriend. She and Fluttershy had started dating after Rainbow had taken Scootaloo in when she needed help, and the two had gotten close. Of course between her taking care of a filly and Fluttershy taking care of her animals, that meant they didn't get to date much.

"I love you Flutters," Rainbow said with a smile. "I'm just glad I have such a wonderful mare who loves me. I know Scootaloo would be too, maybe we should tell her."

"If she doesn't already know," Fluttershy said with a light giggle.

"Yeah, this does feel like a bit of a set up doesn't it?" Rainbow said with a chuckle. "Well then, we might as well not disappoint them right."

Rainbow kissed Fluttershy long and passionately, causing the shy Pegasus to let out an eep before she kissed back. The two Pegasi wrapped their wings and forelegs around each other, continuing the kiss and not caring who might be watching.

Scootaloo and Celestia smiled a little as they gently shut the door. "Well, that went better than I expected," Celestia said with a chuckle. "Lets leave them alone."

Scootaloo nodded and the two Alicorns headed off to get some dinner.

00000

"Oh hey Rainbow, how was dinner?" Scootaloo asked as she looked up from a comic book she was reading when Rainbow and Fluttershy arrived at their room.

"It was, nice, sorry you couldn't be there," Rainbow said with a light blush. "Scootaloo, we should probably tell you that we've been dating for a few weeks now."

Scootaloo smiled and chuckled lightly, she had figured it out after Rainbow sometimes came home smelling like Fluttershy's animals, but she didn't want to say anything. "That's great," she said with a smile before yawning a little.

Scootaloo laid back in the bed after getting ready and smiled at Rainbow Dash.

"I love you Scootaloo, I'm going to be the best mom I can for you, I promise," Rainbow said with a smile as she pulled the covers over her foster daughter gently. "Stay strong my little pony."

"I will," Scootaloo said with a smile as Rainbow sat down and took out Daring Do and the Sphere of the Gods again and began to read from it.

"Daring Do had made it back home from her trip to the jungles, but she was starting to come to the realization that her adventure was far from over. What she had found was nothing more than a piece to a much larger puzzle, one that would have greater implications for the world at large..."

Author's Note:

Well its finally done, sorry for the wait.

Also I'm considering turning Daring Do and the Sphere of the Gods into an actual fanfic, what do you guys think?