• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 507 Views, 3 Comments

A New Lunar Republic - MuffinPants



After her near assassination, Princess Luna wages war against Princess Celestia.

  • ...
 3
 507

The Leaders

Author's Note:

This chapter has a lot of introduction in the beginning, so just be prepared. Comment if you have any ideas about what I should do. Not that i'm out of ideas, I would just like some different views. Thanks for reading!

Two years. Two years since Luna almost died. Two years since she reunited with her son. Two years since Celestia became evil. But it has felt like an eternity to Luna, hiding in the the shadows as she watched her sister take control over Equestria. In the two years that Luna hid, Equestria went to hell. Guards “patrolled” all towns and villages. The guards were often caught violently beating innocent ponies, or even raping mares. Celestia issued laws that made it almost impossible to get enough money to keep anypony well fed. Taxes were raised to impossible heights, and anypony who didn’t pay or couldn’t pay, was jailed.

Sometimes Luna had to be physically held back by one of her companions to keep her from revealing herself. She hated standing by and watching others live in pain, while she hid comfortably with her son, and others.

The mane six had split up, putting their loyalty for the princesses before their own friendship. Twilight has always been loyal to Celestia, and she joined the Solar Empire as the head strategist. Rainbow wanted to join Luna, but she had secret feelings for Twilight, so she joined the Solar Empire as the general of the Ariel Division. Celestia threatened to kill Apple Bloom and Bic Mac if Applejack didn’t join her. Having no choice, Applejack joined the Solar Empire, as the leader of the Ground Forces.

Fluttershy witnessed her family's death. They were killed by guards. Her father and brother were both killed immediately, while her mother was raped then stabbed to death. She would’ve been killed herself if Luna hadn’t saved her. She joined the New Lunar Republic as the leader of the Stealth Squad. Pinkie Pie and Rarity were both imprisoned. And Luna is going to use this opportunity to finally come out of hiding and fight back against the Solar Empire. The New Lunar Republic were going to execute their first mission.

All the leaders gathered in the meeting room. The room consisted of a large, iron oak table in the center, with spruce walls surrounding them. The walls had many charts and maps pinned to it, results of reconnaissance missions. They all stood around the round table, the meeting just beginning.

“Hello everypony, welcome to the first official meeting of the New Lunar Republic.” Luna stated with pride.

“We all know why we’re here. You’ve been bugging us about this damn meeting for weeks.” Iron Rose, the head strategist, replied rudely. He had a short, very dark red mane, and a dark grey coat. He wore a smile so stunning it could make any mare fall for him instantly. But it might work if he wasn’t such a jerk.

“Shut up Rose!” Steel Rose, Iron Rose's older sister and the leader of the Ariel Squad, yelled with annoyance. Steel Rose had exactly the same mane and coat color, but her mane was longer, and her smile was less stunning. Not that she smiled much.
Luna stared at both of them until they got the impression she wanted them to be quiet.

“Now that’s done, let’s begin with the meeting.” Luna said strongly. A mare walked into the room and started passing out maps and papers full of words to each member of the meeting. Each one of them started observing the maps and papers, filling the room with no sound except that of shuffling papers. But the silence was broken by Starken Bart, the leader of the Ground Squad.

“What exactly is this a map of?” He asked in his naturally strong voice. He had an ivory mane, and a white bear. His coat was a rusty color, and he stood taller than anybody else.

“The prison where Pinkie Pie and Rarity are being held.” Luna replied.

“And why do we need a map of this compound?” Caramel Grass, the temporary leader of the Medic Squad. She had a beautiful golden mane that flowed down to her legs. Her light grey coat shimmered in the gentle light of the room. She was the dream of most stallions, but she tried not to get attached to anyone. She was probably the only one in this room who hasn’t lost anypony, and if she fell in love, that might change.

“Well you can’t just rush into an enemy compound unprepared.” Luna said as if it were obvious. Caramel Grass’s jaw dropped. Starken Bart smiled. Fluttershy remained as still as a statue. Both the Roses stared at her in awe.

“Why?! We aren’t prepared! We don’t have many soldiers! We don’t even have a leader of the Demolition Squad!” Caramel whined.

“But that will all change when we successfully pull off this extraction.” Luna replied calmly. “Pinkie Pie and Rarity both have connections that could get us more soldiers. Pinkie Pie will lead the Demolitions, and Rarity will take your place as leader, and you will become second-in-command of the Medics.”

Caramel Grass stood silently for a few seconds. Then she fell over, unconscious.

“Damn it Caramel!” Starken said as he caught her, looking at Luna for orders.

“Just lay her down on the bench over there.” Luna turned her head towards the wooden bench against one of the walls. “Make sure to fill her in on what she missed.”

“Yes, General.” Starken Bart replied. Luna smiled at what he said. She had never asked any of them to refer to her as ‘general’, and it made her happy to see he was doing it anyway. She considered him loyal.

“So, back to the matter at hand, Fluttershy will be the leader of this mission. She will lead a group of 30 soldiers from the Stealth Squad, 10 Medics, and 15 heavy troopers from the Ground Squad. Her objective is to eliminate all enemies on-grounds, an estimated 50, and extract Pinkie Pie and Rarity.”

“No ariel soldiers?” Steel Rose asked.

“They have Sky Watchers. Another optional, but highly suggested, objective is to remain undetected until Rarity and Pinkie Pie are off the grounds.”

“Why are there so few guards for such valuable targets?” Iron Rose asked.

“The enemy is trying to make it look like there is nothing of interest. It’s supposed to operate as nothing but a Imperial communications base, and they do it rather well. They do exactly what a normal base would do, and it’s suspected that some of the soldiers don’t even know that there is anypony besides the normal ones.”

“What are you going to do during this operation?” Starken asked.

“I will be sitting in the War Room with all of you except Fluttershy. We will all communicate with our soldiers via my telepathic ability.” They all started thinking and talking about what soldiers to send and where the drop spot will be and general talk about the operation. The conversation went on for a while until Luna spoke up.

“Oh . . . One more thing.”

“Yes?” All four of them replied at once.

“Shadow Blade will be joining the operation. He will be Fluttershy’s second-in-command.”

They all looked at her with horror.

“Oh dear.” Fluttershy said with little enthusiasm.

Luna walked down the hall just outside of the meeting room. She sighed, tired, and looked at the floor. It was pretty. The end of the meeting didn’t go well. They argued for the last ten minutes of the meeting, and it was all about why the hell she was letting him go on the mission. In the end she just threatened to remove them from their ranks if they continued questioning her.

In all truth, she wasn’t letting him go, she was forcing him to go. She felt that he needed to learn to play nice with others. He wasn’t very good at that.

That’s also part of the reason she had Fluttershy leading the mission. She was darker than before, but she still the nicest pony Luna knew. She knew Fluttershy wouldn’t treat Shadow like dirt. And that would make him a little easier to get along with. She just hoped that Shadow Blade held up his end and actually did what she ordered him to do. Shadow Blade was the only soldier she ever knew who actually defied an order and did something else. She knows that he knows that she can’t just kick him out, that would be cruel. He came and saved her, and she’s keeping him alive.

“Interesting conversation you had in there.” Shadow’s sudden comment made Luna look up. She was lucky she knew him well, otherwise he would make her jump much too often.

“Yeah, nopony wants you on the mission, except Fluttershy.” Luna replied.

“Fluttershy, huh? I can’t see her with the shy way she is, wanting somepony like me on the mission that she will be leading. And why wasn’t I invited to the meeting anyway?”

“Two reasons. One, you have no official ranking in the army yet. Two, everypony hates you. That good enough for you?”

“Wow, never realized you were the blunt type.”

“Just stating the facts.”

Rainbow Dash’s Point of View

Rainbow Dash and Twilight sat in Twilight’s room. Twilight was laying on her mattress, reading some book. Rainbow sat on the floor, thinking about stuff. She looked kind of glum, and Twilight noticed.

“Rainbow, are you alright?” Twilight asked with concern. Rainbow looked up at the beautiful purple mare sitting in front of her. She had started to have feelings for her ever since she saved them from Discord, and her feelings only intensified as the days passed. But she was nervous to admit them, especially with the recent events.

“I’m fine . . . just thinking.” Rainbow replied. Twilight’s concerned look didn’t go away and Rainbow started to blush a bit under the stare of her friend.

“Your cheeks are red . . . are you sick?” Twilight asked. Twilight jumped down from her seat and examined Rainbow’s face. Rainbow turned a darker shade of red as Twilight drew closer and closer to her face.

“Twilight . . .” Rainbow said quietly.

“You don’t seem to have a fever. But your cheeks are still hot.” Twilight said, ignoring Rainbow. Rainbow stared into Twilight’s eyes and marveled at how endless they were. Twilight looked back at Rainbow, gazing deep into her eyes. Rainbow decided she would make her move.
Rainbow moved closer to Twilight, wrapping her hooves around her neck. She basked in the warmth of Twilight’s body, hugging her tight. Rainbow then brought her lips to Twilight’s, gently kissing her. Twilight shivered, causing Rainbow to pull her closer.
Twilight licked Rainbow’s lips, and Rainbow immediately responded by opening her mouth. Twilight’s tongue slipped into Rainbow’s mouth, and Rainbow loved it. At first she let Twilight explore, but then she started to fight Twilight’s tongue with her own. They went on like this for what seemed like forever, until they finally stopped to take a breath.

Rainbow pushed Twilight against her bed, and looked down at her. She gently kissed her once more on the lips before saying something she thought she would never say,”Twilight . . . Can I sleep with you tonight?” Rainbow didn’t think Twilight’s face could get any more red, but it did.

“Do you mean . . .?” Twilight gestured towards her lower legs. Rainbow realized how her question might have been a little misunderstood and panicked.

“NO! I mean . . . not that I would mind . . . but I just meant I want to sleep in your bed with you . . . tonight.” Twilight kissed Rainbow.

“Yes. I would love that.” Twilight used her magic to pull the covers over both of them, and they snuggled together.

Celestia’s Point of View

“What do you mean, you don’t know where he is?” Celestia asked sharply. She was seeking the location of Shining Armor through one of his guards. He kept saying he left and didn’t say where he was going. It was a horrible lie and she was done with it.

“Have you ever branded cattle?” Celestia asked with poison in her words.

“No. Why?” Celestia turned to him and slammed his head against the wall. She used her hoof to hold him down and pulled a brander out of some flames nearby. She observed it as she held it in her magical grasp, then held it in front of the guards face.

“Do you see that? That’s the sun.” Celestia held it in the air, then screamed.

“PRAISE THE SUN!” Celestia pressed the brander firmly against the stallions cutie mark, burning into his flesh. He screamed and thrashed, trying desperately to get away from the heat.

“STRUGGLING WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE!” Celestia yelled maniacally. He kept yelling until his throat was incapable of making noise. He then resided to just whimpering. Celestia noticed his lack of movement and removed the brander. She looked down at him and sighed.

“Are you ready to tell me where he went?” Celestia asked.

“Go to hell. Luna will defeat you and bring order!” Celestia was enraged by his statement and cast fire spell on him, and watched as he burned to death. His screams echoed through her mind, and it filled her with a certain satisfaction.

“Praise the sun.” Celestia said once more. “For what else is there to praise?”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment