• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 3,016 Views, 96 Comments

MLP Duel Academy - Twistedphoenix1



When Spike Drago decides to attend Duel Academy, he doesn't expect much. Meeting friends new and old, having fun, classes. But when a prophecy starts to come about, he and his friends must face this Chaos head on

  • ...
6
 96
 3,016

Chapter 13 To Marry a Monarch

“Just hold still for one moment darling,” Rarity said as she was adjusting the cuff on the pants Spike was wearing. Spike gulped as the girl of his dreams was working right in front of him, her face just inches from…

‘No!’ Spike thought as he started feeling a stirring down south. He couldn’t let that happen, not when she was right there. If she notice he would be humiliated. ‘Come on, unappealing thoughts….um...um…’ Suddenly the image of Granny Smith in a swimsuit popped into his head and he felt the stirrings subside. ‘Thank you.’

He still wasn’t sure how he got involved in this. Not that he was complaining mind you, but still.

“Um….Rarity,” he started. “If you don’t mind me asking, why did you decide to have me help you? Don’t you usually make women’s clothes?”

“Well darling, it actually was Frida’s idea,” she said thinking back to her discussion with the pink haired ninja user.

(The day before the Halloween Party)

“This looks amazing Rarity!” Frida said as she checked out her costume in the mirror, posing.

“Why thank you darling,” the fashionista said as she blew a strand of hair out of her face. “I must say you are a fantastic model to work with.”

“Aww! Thanks. You know, I wouldn’t mind actually modeling some of your outfits sometime.” Rarity thought that over.

“You know, I’ve never had a dedicated model before...I will design some outfits for you and we can see how things go.”

“Great!” She hugs Rarity before she started changing out of the outfit. “You know, I bet you would be able to design clothes for both men and women if you tried.” Rarity looked thoughtful.

“Well I have thought of some possibilities...but who would I get to try them out?” Frida smirked as she had the perfect answer.

She did say she wanted to help the boys out.

(Present)

“And so that’s why deary,” Rarity said with a smile as she turned for a moment. Spike was crying tears of joy.

‘THANK YOU FRIDA!’ he thought.

“Now just one more stitch and…”

“Rarity my love!” a voice called from outside.

“What on earth?” Rarity said as she made her way over to the balcony. Spike followed and when he looked down he saw that there was a man outside. He had perfect shoulder length blonde hair and a wore a white tuxedo. He had a rose in his hand as he looked up at Rarity.

“Now now my dear,” he said. “I have come to finally collect on our bet from years ago.”

“What are you talking about Blueblood?” Rarity questioned, anger evident on her face.

“Who is this blowhard?” Spike asked. Rarity chuckled at that while Blueblood looked indignant.

“I don’t know who you are brat but I suggest you run along now. This is a matter between me and my fiance.”

“WHAT!?” the duo yelled.

“You remember dear,” he said. “A year ago on that cruise ship tournament. We agreed that if I won our duel…”

“No Blueblood,” Rarity growled. “I never agreed to that. You tried to say that was the wager and I refused!” Blueblood looked up with a condescending smile.

“Rarity my dear, I always get what I want, and I want you.”

“Hey bozo!” Spike called down. “She said no already!”

“And I told you already that this doesn’t concern you.”

“Want to put your deck where your mouth is!” Spike yelled as he pulled out his duel disk, only for Rarity to reach down and put her hand on his shoulder.

“No darling,” she said. “This is my fight. If you want to claim me Blueblood, then let’s make the bet officially! If I lose to you today, then I will become your bride. If I win however, you leave me alone for good!” The blonde smiled up at the fashionista.

“I beat you a year ago my dear, I can certainly beat you now. I will wait for you to come down.” Rarity nodded before walking back into her room with Spike in tow. As she grabbed her duel disk and deck Spike looked worried.

“He said he beat you before....are you sure you can win now?” Rarity looked at him with a smile before leaning down and patting him on the head.

“Don’t worry Spikey. I’ve improved a lot since then. I’m sure I will beat him. Thank you for your concern though.” She hugged the younger boy before heading out of the room, Spike following behind shortly when he changed into his normal clothes.

(In a clearing behind the dorm)

“Are you ready to become my bride?” Blueblood asked. Rarity grinned before activating her disk.

“Only in your dreams.”

“LETS DUEL!”

R 4000 Hand 5
BB 4000 Hand 5

“Ladies first,” Rarity said as she drew right as Blueblood was about to. He bit his tongue and didn’t say anything. “I set one card face down and then I activate Gem-Knight Fusion. This allows me to fuse together the Gem-Knights Lapis and Sardonyx in order to summon forth Gem-Knight Lapis Lazuli (Lv5 2400/1000)!” A blue skinned woman in a blue robe appeared in front of Rarity as a bright light enveloped her deck. “And now I activate her effect. I can send Gem-Knight Garnet from my deck to my grave in order to deal 500 points of damage.”

A ball of fire shot from Rarity’s deck and struck Blueblood hard in the chest. It was then the others who were returning from their classes noticed what was going on.

“Who the sam hell is that?” Applejack asked. Micro quickly did a cross reference using his PDA and came up with a match.

“His name is Blueblood. Apparently he comes from a very wealthy family and competed in duel tournaments across the world. Usually he wins but it is sometimes debated whether it is due to his own skill or bribery.”

“I remember now!” Sunset said. “He was the one Rarity said she lost to a year ago. The one who tried to claim her as his wife when he won!”

“Why is she dueling him now?” Fluttershy asked. Spike looked over at them with a sour look.

“Because in order to get him to stop pestering her she challenge him to a duel and if she loses she has to go through with the wedding…” The others gasped at that before Frida broke the ice.

“Come on Rarity! Give that Blueblood some blue balls!” Rarity sweat dropped at that as Blueblood drew his card.

R 4000 Hand 2
BB 3500 Hand 5

“Rarity my dear you have such vulgar friends,” he said. “We shall have to distance you from them before they become a bad influence.”

“Just play your card Blueblood!” Rarity growled. She may have found Frida’s comment...crass...but it was still support from her friend.

“Fine. I start off by activating Gold Sarcophagus. This card lets me banish a card from my deck for two turns. Then I summon Edea the Heavenly Squire (Lv1 800/1000). And her effect lets me summon Eidos the Underworld Squire from deck in defense (Lv2 800/1000).” A figure in feminine armor appear in a burst of light while a man in black spiked armor rose from the ground. “And through Eidos’ effect I can tribute summon one monster in addition to my normal summon.So I tribute Edea to summon Kuraz the Light Monarch (Lv6 2400/1000)!”

A brilliant light enveloped Edea and when it faded, she was replaced with a much more imposing figure. A giant man in pure gold armor. He raised his hands and two orbs of light shot forth, one destroying the face down, and the other striking Lapis Lazuli.

“When Kuraz is summoned, he can destroy up to two cards. But don’t fret my love, I didn’t leave you with nothing. You get to draw two cards and I can’t attack.”

“Such a gentleman,” Rarity said sarcastically as she drew.

“Why thank you,” Blueblood said missing the sarcasm. “Also, since Edea was used as a sacrifice, I can target the card I banished since it was a monarch spell card. And so I activate the field spell Domain of the True Monarchs! And in conjunction I activate March of the Monarchs! Now not only can you not summon monsters from the extra deck, but my tribute summoned monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. And with that, my turn is done.”

R 4000 Hand 4
BB 3500 Hand 2

“Not good,” Micro muttered. Spike turned to his friend worried.

“What’s not good?” he asked.

“Gem-Knights rely on the extra deck,” Sunset muttered. “And it was just locked down.”

“Not to mention he is preventing his cards from being destroyed by effects,” Twilight added. “I just hope Rarity can win.” Frida scoffed.

“You guys are too worried. Rarity has had a year to figure out a strategy for this guy. I’m sure she has some way around this. Besides, if she marries this fool she can’t design clothes anymore since I doubt he would let her.”

“Thank you Frida darling,” Rarity said as that comment invoked a bit of passion in her. “I indeed I have! I activate Cost Down! By discarding Gem-Knight Obsidian I can lower the level of the monsters in my hand by two. Now since I discarded Obsidian, his effect summons a normal monster from my graveyard. So rise Gem-Knight Garnet (Lv4 1900/0). But he won’t be around for long as I sacrifice him to summon Gem-Knight Crystal (Lv 7-5 2450/1950)!”

At first a man in burning red armor appeared only for him to disappear and be replaced by a man with white armor and blue crystals growing from different joints.

“Now I set one card face down. And before I end my turn I’m going to have my Crystal attack Kuraz!” The two armor clad men clashed, exchanging blows until finally Crystal delivered a powerful punch that shattered the other monster. “Your turn.”

R 4000 Hand 1
BB 3450 Hand 2

“I draw. First I activate Pot of Greed to draw two cards. Then I sacrifice Eidos to summon Mobius the Frost Monarch(Lv6 2400/1000)!” The dark armored man vanished as a man in frosty white armor appeared with a swirl of snow. Blueblood was about to activate his effect when Rarity spoke up.

“Before you try anything I activate my facedown Pyroxene Fusion to use Garnet, Obsidian, and Lazuli to fuse Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond (Lv10 3400/2000)!”

A lady in white armor adorn with diamonds and holding a rapier in her hand took to the field.

“But my domain!” Blueblood tried to argue when Rarity just grinned.

“That’s only if you are the only one to control a tribute monster, but I control Crystal!” Blueblood growled in frustration as he continued his turn. Since Rarity had no more facedowns, he couldn’t use Mobius’ effect.

“Well in my graveyard I banish Eidos to revive Edea! Next her effect summons another Eidos from my deck, and if you remember I can now get an extra tribute summon. So I now sacrifice Edea to summon Delg the Dark Monarch (Lv6 2400/1000)!” A man in gray and black armor stepped out of the shadows before shattering Edea to pixels. “And his effect lets me remove your Lapis Lazuli and Lapis from the grave and send the top two cards off your deck to the grave. And now, I attack your Crystal with Delg, and thanks to domain, since I’m attacking with a tribute summoned monster, he gets 800 additional attack (2400-3200)!”

A stream off shadows burst forth from Delg as Crystal just stood there. Suddenly a small blue creature in a large blue hat appeared and started polishing Crystal. The shadow’s bounced off the Gem-Knight and Crystal charged Delg, breaking him apart with a punch.

“WHAT?!” Blueblood demanded. Rarity was just grinning.

“I activated the effect of the Gem-Merchant in my hand. By discarding him I got to add 1000 attack to my Crystal.”

“Yeah Rarity!” Pinkie cheered.

“Show that uptight dirtbag who’s boss!” AJ joined in. Blueblood just growled as he set two cards facedown. Anger seemed to seep off him as a familiar figure watched from the roof of the dorm.

“Interesting…”

R 4000 Hand 0
BB 3200 Hand 0

“I draw. And I summon Gem-Knight Tourmaline to the field (Lv4 1600/1800)” A man in sparking yellow armor took to the field. “Next I activate Brilliant Diamond’s effect!” Before she could continue a loud blast hit the field.

“Sorry,” Blueblood said. “But since I have a tribute summoned monster, Monarch’s Erupt makes it so you can’t activate the effects of monster cards on the field. And before you think that you can just get rid of my monsters, it will still remain in effect until this card leaves the field.”

“Fine,” Rarity growled. “Brilliant, destroy Mobius. Then Crystal! Attack directly!”

Lady Brilliant Diamond swung her sword and shattered the ruler of ice as crystal shot toward Blueblood. He was stopped however when the shadowy image of Delg appeared to block it. Blueblood smirked.

“Sorry dear but I activated Call of the Haunted. So my Delg took that attack for me. And his effect triggers again so say goodbye to two more cards and the top two of your deck go to the grave!” The blonde man stood looking triumphant before seeing the crowd of watchers laughing at him. “What!?”

“You fool,” Micro said. “If you summoned Kuraz you could’ve destroyed both Diamond and Crystal!” Blueblood looked at him in shock before realizing the boy was right. Rarity just smiled and continued her assault.

“Now Tourmaline, attack directly!” The man held his hands together and charged a bolt of energy. It shot it forward and struck Blueblood sending him flying back. “And with that I end.”

R 4000 Hand 0
BB 600 Hand 0

The group waited for Blueblood to move as he pulled himself up to his knees.

“This….this can’t be...I can’t lose!” He hit the ground. “I always get what I want!”

“I can probably help you with that…” That voice sent shivers down the group’s spine.

“Discord,” Twilight muttered as the shadowy form rose in front of Blueblood.

“Y...you can?” Blueblood asked.

“Don’t listen to him Blueblood!” Rarity yelled. “He is an evil beast who will only use you!” The blonde looked at the designer with a glare.

“If you are protesting it, than he must be telling the truth.” He turns toward the grinning Discord. “Whatever it takes, give me what I need.”

“Oh most certainly,” Discord snapped his fingers and a dark fire surrounded Blueblood’s deck as the chaos anklets appeared around the duelists ankles. Blueblood stood as a dark aura surrounded him and drew.

“I activate Card of Demise, letting me draw three cards. Next I use the effect of Domain. Since I have a monster with 2800 attack and 1000 defense in my hand I can reduce the level of that monster by two! I follow that by using Soul Exchange. I now sacrifice your Brilliant Diamond in order to summon Pandemonium, The Mega Monarch of Chaos (Lv8-6 2800/1000).”

A miasma of dark energy appeared beneath the female Gem-Knight and swallowed her up as she struggled to escape. The energy started to form into a vaguely human shape, though no features developed. It was just the form of an imposing man in armor.

“Next his effect lets me remove one monster from the grave in order to summon a Mega Monarch of the same attribute, and this will count as a tribute summon! So I remove the light attributed Kuraz to summon Zaborg the Mega Monarch from my deck (Lv8 2800/1000)!”

A being clad in white and gold armor with two giant red horns appeared in a bolt of lightning. Suddenly a second bolt came down and struck Crystal, shattering him.

“Since Zaborg was tributed, I can destroy one of your monsters. Now, I would continue, but I can’t attack, both due to Soul Exchange and Pandemonium prevents me from attack the same turn I use his effect. I discard the last card I drew from Card of Demise and end my turn.”

R 4000 Hand 0
BB 600 Hand 0

“I...I draw,” Rarity said. “And I switch Tourmaline to defense and set one card facedown. I end.”

“Did she not get a good card?” Fluttershy asked worriedly. No one knew for sure, they just had to trust their friend.

R 4000 Hand 0
BB 600 Hand 0

“Are you just deciding to give up my dear? It is for the best. Now, Pandemonium! Attack and destroy Tourmaline while Zaborg will attack you directly!”

The miasmic creature launched itself in a swirl at the conductive Gem-Knight. Rarity seemed to hesitate a moment before looking at her top card. She bit her lip but decide to let the attacks go through as a bolt of lightning struck her after her monster was destroyed.

“AAAHHH!” She cries out as Blueblood just smiled as he ended his turn.

R 1200 Hand 0
BB 600 Hand 1

Rarity stood her ground as she had to draw her next card. She closed her eyes as she held up her card. Cracking one eye open, she was ecstatic.

“I summon Gem-Knight Lazuli (Lv1 600/100)!” a small female gemstone warrior appeared as Blueblood laughed.

“Have you finally excepted? Just attack my monsters Rarity. End this yourself!” Rarity smiled.

“I will end this. I activate my facedown! Gem-Enhancement! Now I can sacrifice Lazuli to summon a Gem-Knight from my graveyard. So now I can revive Lady Brilliant Diamond!”

“What!?” Blueblood screamed as the small girl vanished and the imposing female warrior took the field again.

“That’s right. It was a gamble to not resummon her on your last attack, but since your domain would increase the attack of your monster, I would’ve lost her. But now that I’m the one doing the attacking...Diamond here can destroy your Chaos Monarch!”

The rapier wielding woman stood in front of the cloud of miasma as it seemed to cower in fear. She brought it down in a powerful arc, the wave of energy knocking Blueblood to the ground.

R 1200 WINNER
BB 0000

The holograms faded as Rarity felt her knees weaken. Spike was the first by her side as she began leaning on him.

“Thank….thank you Spike….” she muttered as she was leaning most of her weight on him. He was crimson as her breast was pressing against the side of his face. The focus was pulled away from that as Discord sighed.

“I should’ve know….” Discord said. “That mistake he made was amateurish.”

“Why can’t you just leave us alone?!” Frida yelled at the creature. Discord smirked at the perverted pinkette.

“Well what would be the fun in that?” And with that passing line, he faded out of view. The group looked around at each other before deciding it was time to return to their rooms, Micro calling the principals to handle Blueblood. Rarity needed to rest.

Omake

Frida sat in her bed with a small flashlight on as she flipped through her notebook.

“Get Spike and Rarity to have some alone time...check. Get Twilight and Sunset jealous of Micro helping me study...in the works. Get Sugar and his crushes together...need a plan for that. Hmmm….get Rainbow to open up and not be such a prude about some sexy time…” Looks up and sees a large curtain surrounding Rainbow’s side of the room with a large KEEP OUT FRIDA sign. “...End not in sight.”

Author's Note:

Ok...it is very frustrating when I get close to the end of the chapter and then realize a single error throw the whole duel into chaos. I eventually got to one part of the duel and decided to just say that Blueblood made a mistake. Sorry if thats a disappointment but I would've had to rewrite the duel and I wanted to get this out and not have to wait much longer. Hope you enjoy.