• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 852 Views, 1 Comments

A bar of revelations - Elemental Fury



Fluttershy invites Twilight to a local bar, then the Alicorn discovers something she wasn't expecting

  • ...
1
 1
 852

Flutterlight

Twilight Sparkle was an Alicorn, a powerful mix of the three equestrian races. Pegasi, winged equines that controlled Equestria’s weather. Earth Ponies, normal equines with no obvious special traits. They had always been associated with farming. Finally, there was Unicorns, the race she used to be a part of. They practised magic and used to raise the sun and moon. Though unicorns hadn’t had much use for the last 1000 years. Alicorns were considered princesses by the other races and the two main ones, Celestia and Luna were now the ones who controlled the celestial bodies.

Twilight herself used to be the student of Princess Celestia. Her magic was unrivalled as the best in Equestria though her own student, Starlight Glimmer, was catching up to her level.

Tonight the young princess was leaving her castle to go to a local bar. She couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the thought of her being in a bar. When you thought of a princess, most think of luxury and riches, not alcohol. With the fact that it was her, anyone who didn't know her would be surprised anyway, but some of her old acquaintances hadn't realised she was more than a socially awkward bookworm. She hadn't been socially awkward in a long time. Shy yes but definitely not awkward.

Twilight looked at herself in the mirror, she looked as proper as ever. Her coat was a saturated purple, her pink mane highlight was helping bring out her eyes. Even she had to say she looked quite beautiful in that moment which boosted her confidence. Speaking of boosted confidence...

She smiled at her reflection as she remembered why she was going out to a bar. Her friend Fluttershy had asked her to come to the bar. That had made twilight quite happy as her Pegasus friend was quite shy and timid most of the time, too see her coming out of her shell this much made twilight very happy.

"STARLIGHT, I'M HEADING TO THE BAR DOWN THE STREET!!" Twilight yelled out into her castle.

"OK, I'LL TELL SPIKE WHEN HE COMES HOME!!!" A feminine voice yelled back. Satisfied, twilight left the castle and walked to the bar, enjoying the beautiful day. Not many ponies were about, and the lights from the houses gave off an inviting orange glow. Twilight hummed a small tune under her breath.

Eventually, she arrived at the bar. A wooden sign pinned to the wall read 'The Tipsy Mare'. The bar blended into the scenery so much that twilight had nearly missed it. As the princess stepped inside she heard a familiar soft voice singing throughout the bar.

"I don't need nothing else as long as you’re by my side at the end. For now, though, all I can do is pretend." A yellow Pegasus sang. Nearby Twilight could hear two ponies talking about the performance her friend was giving.

"So this is dedicated to someone?" A patron of the bar, a red stallion, asked the bartender.

"Yeah, the princess apparently. Princess Twilight Sparkle." The bartender told her customer. "It's a bold move to be sure. Dedicating a love song to the princess."

Twilight's jaw dropped at the revelation that this song was dedicated to her. The entire bar was captivated by her performance. She could only wonder where her friend's confidence to go on stage came from.

"Actually, she wasn't going on stage because she was too scared. I just tried to give her a little push and it worked!" The barmare exclaimed answering Twilight's unspoken question.

Twilight was all too captivated with her friend's voice and was frozen in shock of what she had just learned. Fluttershy, the mare who was practically famous for being shy was doing this for her!!!

What the lavender Princess had yet to realise was that the voice signing was fading and then the music cut off. Twilight's purple eyes met the cream Pegasus’s teal eyes and the shy mares jaw dropped much like the former unicorns already had.

Suddenly the Pegasus rushed out at speeds to rival even their speed demon friend Rainbow Dash, nearly colliding with Twilight in her haste. Twilight gave chase after her friend. She never saw that the barmare had changed into a Draconequus and never heard the remark they made.

“All according to plan!” Said the Draconequus out of the princess earshot but not out of the earshot of its original customer, who simply fainted at the sight of him. The Draconequus sighed. “Lightweights.”

Outside

Fluttershy had been nervous enough when she was singing but when she saw twilight it was like every last bit of control she had just disappeared, leading to her trying to make a quick getaway.

Don’t stop running Fluttershy. You did this, you definitely scared twilight off now.

Twilight was right behind Fluttershy, though the usually timid Pegasus nearly gave her the slip when she ducked into an alleyway. It was actually a bit sore, the sudden turn Twilight did with her hooves planted into the dirt.

The alleyway turned out to be a dead end and Fluttershy pressed against the wall, hyperventilating now she knew she had to explain herself to her friend, there was no escape.

“Fluttershy, stay still!” Twilight called, then trotted up to her friend. “Do…Do you want to, uh…t-talk about it?”

Fluttershy shook her head vehemently.

“Ok, but I can’t help if you won’t talk.” Twilight said trying to coax her friend into telling her the issue, even though she already knew.

“I…um, well uh…I…I….I love you!!” Fluttershy whispered but twilight heard.

“Oh, Fluttershy. I know it must be embarrassing but I’m not going to be mad at you.” Twilight said softly and it did help Fluttershy come out of her shell just that little bit that Twilight needed. “Why don’t you tell me when this all started, Hmm,”

“W-well it started w-when you…you first came to Ponyville, when we beat Nightmare Moon and saved Princess Luna. It just started as a crush but it got stronger and stronger and eventually it was hard to even be in the same room without wanting to say it but I couldn’t because I was afraid you would reject me. Please don’t!” Fluttershy started off quiet but eventually went into a full on speech. She added at the end “…But you can…if you want…”

“Fluttershy, don’t assume I’m just going get rid of you, I would never do that!” Twilight told her friend, slightly hurt that her friend thought she would do that. “How about this, a trial run?”

“A trial run?” Fluttershy asked, “What do you mean by that?”

“Well I’ve never been a romantic type doesn’t mean that It can’t work, admittedly this isn’t what I thought my first relationship would be like but I wouldn’t mind seeing where it goes!” Twilight said, and when Fluttershy smiled something in Twilights heart lurched.

“OH THANK YOU TWILIGHT!!!” Fluttershy exclaimed excitedly before realising she had just shouted. “Oh, uh, sorry!”

“It's fine ‘Shy, now let’s go back to that bar.” Twilight told Fluttershy.

Author's Note:

And that was the first in the twilight saga, next time we get to see the queen of drama herself, Rarity.

and if you want to help me keep writing more constantly, you can help by visiting my patreon

Comments ( 1 )

This was certainly random, So why wasn't the random tag there.

And im only saying this because im your friend... Really

Login or register to comment