• Published 30th Jun 2012
  • 931 Views, 29 Comments

A scratch further - Mush Room



Vinyl Scratch is just an ordinary pony living her life with the one person she loves,Octavia.

  • ...
4
 29
 931

An unforgettable story.

Chapter 2: An unforgettable story.

“Next train, Appleloosa to Canterlot In three minutes” a voice from a speaker announced.

“Well than, three minutes it says” Octavia told Vinyl “let’s find a seat”.

Vinyl and Octavia, then sat on a bench waiting for that particular train to arrive. Both were sitting on their flank and hooves like a normal pony would. Unlike the unicorn who then sat next to them in an awkward looking position. Octavia could not help but notice how she was sitting and was staring at her with a kind of confused look. The pony didn’t really notice as she was staring blankly out where the train tracks layed themselves.

“I’m sorry if It bothers you, but” Octavia asked the pony “is it somewhat, uncomfortable sitting in that position, by any chance?”.

“O, well not really, to me that is” she explained “everyone else tries it, but finds it really uncomfortable. But I’ve grown on it so it doesn’t really bother me that much. The same goes with your question”.

“Same with my question?” Octavia asked confused.

“Oh, it’s just an uncomfortable question, but I’ve heard it so much it’s just grown on me. You see?” the unicorn replied.

“Ah yes I do see”.

“I know what you mean Lyra” Vinyl said from across the bench.

Lyra and Octavia then stared down the bench, only to find Vinyl scratch sitting the exact same way staring out to the tracks, Octavia sat there confused at her awkward position.

“Huh?, since when have you sat like that?” Octavia asked.

“Quite a bit actually, it’s mainly when I’m tired or get bored at your rehearsal stuff” Vinyl answered with a chuckle.
Lyra herself let out a small laugh at the story Vinyl spoke of.

“you, think my cello rehearsals are…Boring” Octavia said with a frown.

“Aww, don’t be like that babe” Vinyl said putting an arm over Octavia “I may find it boring, but. It doesn’t mean I don’t love what you do, and to be honest I love the sounds that come from that instrument of yours, really ” She nuzzled against Octavia’s cheek.

“then, why did you say it was boring if, you loved the sounds of it?” Octavia said, still a little sad.

“maybe you just play it so well, it puts me to sleep, like a cool summer breeze” Vinyl explained to her mare friend, hoping to make her feel better.

“well, I do play my cello pretty good ” Octavia said “Ok , I forgive you” letting out a deep sigh, and smiling up towards Vinyl

“But we don’t have time for this right now the train Is arriving”.
Vinyl then let out a sigh of relief “thank you Tavi, and yeah we’ll talk about it in the train”.

“Appleloosa to Canterlot ready for boarding!” the voice from the speaker said loudly.

“Alright then, let’s go now ” Octavia said to Vinyl “O, and good bye Ms-”.

“Heartstrings, Lyra heartstrings” Lyra told Octavia.

“Yes, well good bye then, Ms Heartstrings” Octavia said before Vinyl remembered what to say.

“OH! Yeah sorry Lyra, see you later man” Vinyl said running back and giving Lyra a brohoof.

“Haha, good bye Vinyl, and good bye um, Tavi?” Lyra replied, sadly not remembering Octavia’s name.

“Uhh, close enough” Octavia replied with a smile before grabbing Vinyl, and waving good bye as they entered one of the cars of the train.

*****

Moments pass as the two sit there looking out the windows and around the car ,looking at other ponies talk their gossip or sleeping. Trying to look for a conversation to start Vinyl pulls out the occasional “Sooo..” but nothing tends to happen after that, until Octavia spoke…for once.

“Oh um, I forgot to ask, how did you know that Lyra pony?” Octavia Said, trying to start conversation.

“Oh her, everypony knows her” Vinyl answered.

“Uhu, how come I haven’t heard of her?” Octavia asked.

“Oh, well people from ponyville highschool to be exact, haha”

“Why’s that?” Octavia said, still wondering why this pony was so famous and why she hadn’t heard of her. Surely after all these years in Ponyville she would of at least heard of such a story to make this pony known across the town.

“Well” Vinyl said nervously to tell her partner weather or not about the story of Lyra “ahh what the heck , everypony knows anyway” she said moving seats to get closer to Octavia, so she could hear all the details.

“Alright, so it all started back in ponyville high school -well when it was still around- so I was at a party right….”

****~~****

NOTE: we are now in a flash back!

‘so one day my mate Mush Room asked me if I could DJ at one of his parties, I was still in a rookie state but I agreed and went over the next night to play for them’

“hey, look who it is, the awesome DJ PON3, glad you could make it man” Mush Room said to Vinyl carrying a DJ table with her magic.

“h-hey man! wouldn’t m-miss it for an-anything else!” she said, struggling to carry her DJ table.

“Uhh, need help?” Mush Room suggested.

“Very!!” Vinyl said with a struggle as Mush Room quickly moved over to help her carry the table.

***

They got into the big home and set up the table within short moments.

“So, Mushie what’s this party for anyway?” Vinyl asked her light green friend.

“Didn’t you hear?, I got a scholarship to go to Canterlot magic school” He Answered.

“What!! No way, congrats man!” Vinyl said giving her friend a hug “that’s awesome news man, I wish I was going” she than said with a frown.

“Haha, don’t worry bro, you got an awesome Career ahead of you anyway, being a DJ ” Mush Room said to cheer her up

“speaking of DJ, why don’t you get your flank up there and play us some kickass tunes”.

“Yeah, alright dude” Vinyl said as she walked up to her DJ table and started playing some dubstep for her friends and others within the house.

***
‘…I was playing my music pretty awesomely as well, anyways when the party started getting a bit slow I put a playlist on so I could have a rest… ’

Vinyl scratch made her way through past out ponies and drunk stallions, to go get a Beer.
‘…so I was sitting there with my drink for a while and then decided to go for a walk around the house…’

Vinyl scratch was walking through the house just checking out the things it had.

UNTIL…THE …STORY...BEGAN.
Vinyl walked up stairs and past a room which seemed to have some weird noises coming from it, she thought it wasn’t much and carried on walking. On her way back she went past the same room and heard some loud moans of a mare slip from the door way of it. She knew exactly what was happening, but didn’t want to disturb who it was, she thought to herself ‘at least they are having a better time than me-‘,her thoughts were cut short from the sounds of another mare moan that also escaped the door, but it was a different moan, a different mare.

‘…they say curiosity kills the cat, and oh boy were they right…’

Vinyl couldn’t help but walk back and peep through the doorway, her curiosity was basically dragging her from the neck towards the door. Vinyl then placed a hoof on the door knob, twisted it as silently as possible, and peeped through the crack of the open door to find not one but two mares, in the bed making out and rubbing up against each other using toys and etc. The thing was, those mares were Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon. Vinyl quickly closed the door when she heard a pony walk up the stairs to her.

“Hey Vinyl there you are ,the music stopped and we can’t get it playing again” he said as he saw her exaggerate near the door

“WHAT!! I wasn’t peeping there’s no one in there i-” she cut herself off when she just realized what she did.

“what’s going on behind that door?” he asked curiously with a giant smirk on his face.

“NOTHING!! There is noth-”she was cut off once again when the pony pushed her out off the way, and opened the door to find the two ponies making love in the bed.

“HOLY CRAP!!” he shouted almost load enough for the whole house to hear. Ironically the whole house did, they were surrounding the door way within seconds trying to get a look at the two in the bed. Ashamed of themselves, they sat there frightened and trying to hide their marehood from the flashing cameras and video recorders.

‘…I genuinely did feel like it was all my fault, but man was it funny!…’
Vinyl then watched the two grab the covers off the bed and run out the door.

****~~****

“The next day they were the jokes of the town and high school ‘filly foolers of the year’ as put up on every locker. No one managed to understand that they were drunk and not thinking straight” Vinyl finished explaining “it was a hell of a laugh though!”.

“how could you find it funny?, they would have been bursting in tears” Octavia said with a sad feeling towards Lyra.

“Oh c’mon babe, it’s like a joke to us all. It’s way past us now” Vinyl said moving closer to Octavia.

“it just sounds so…. sad” Octavia replied.

“trust me, it may sound really sad. But it was funny to see” Vinyl said rubbing a hoof along Octavia’s arm “it was years ago so don’t let it get to your head” and gave a kiss to her cheek.

“hmmm, ok” Octavia said “I can imagine the funny side of it though” with a smirk on her face.
They sat there for a while chuckling about the story. A big yawn escaped Vinyl’s mouth, and she began to get sleepy.

“I think we should get some rest, don’t you think?” Vinyl suggested.

“yes, very” Octavia said knowing her eyelids starting to become more heavy by the second.

“ok then, well see you in the morning ” Vinyl said before giving a quick kiss and moving onto the other side of the seat, laying down to rest. Octavia sat there looking at Vinyl for a while, seeing her nice and tucked up brings a smile to her face.

“in the morning” she said, before herself falling asleep.

This is the un-edited version, the edited version will be here soon, it just my editor is having some problems, and it has been a while since i posted my second chapter