• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 2,208 Views, 15 Comments

My Chaotic Brother - Fizzyberries302



After Songbird was reunited with her mother, she couldn't have been happier but now she's missing a little chaos in her life. A thousand years ago, she was friends with Discord the Lord of Chao. Now they have news that he has broken free.......

  • ...
0
 15
 2,208

He's Back

Songbird woke up to her aunts sun shining threw her bedroom window. Throwing off the covers and trotted over to the vanity mirror. She clipped her Element of Forgiveness around her neck and reach down for her hairbrush. Brushing her mane into the curls that she loved so dearly because they reminded her of her friend Rarity, who lived in Ponyville with her other friends; Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and her best friend, Twilight Sparkle. They had all helped reunite her with her mother, Princess Luna who had been banished for a thousand years. But now her mother was home again, she was able to carry on with her life as normal, or so she had hoped.

Recently, she had been having these strange visions that she hadn't thought of for years. They were off her first friendship, with someone very unlikely. Discord, the Lord of Chaos. At least that's what her mother and aunt called him after they imprisoned him in stone. To this day, Songbird had no idea why they did so. They never told her at that age, and even when she was in her teens her aunt never spoke to her about it. It confused the mare to why they did that and what her childhood friend did to earn such a fate. Once her hair was curled she walked over to her bed and peeked underneath. Using her magic, she pulled out a small tin box. Inside, was a small pink cloud, dripping chocolate milk to the bottom of the box. Songbird tilted the box up and let the sweet brown liquid pour down her throat. The taste of chocolate alone was enough to make her heart snap in two pieces. She missed him, as he was what she was think of as a big brother, despite the guy being 14 years her senior. She loved his magic and this cloud was all she had left of his magic and after a thousand years, it to was disappearing.

She closed the lid and set the box back under her bed, before waking out onto the balcony. The cool morning breeze and radiant sun made her mane sparkle and her coat shine. Out in the gardens, she could see the statues of so many heroes of the past, but there was one who stood out above the rest. A creature made up of different animal parts was standing on a small pillar. Discord's statue. On dark nights ever since that day she lost him, she would visit his statue in hopes that he would be set free, but it never happened.

After the banishment of her mother, she had learned to never give up hope or label someone as being all bad. From the balcony she started to sing as her childhood memories came flooding back.

Song 'Think of Me'

Think of me, think of me fondly
When we've said goodbye
Remember me, once in a while
Please, promise me you'll try
When you find that once again you long
To take your heart back and be free
If you ever find a moment
Spare a thought for me

We never said "our love was evergreen"
Or "as unchanging as the sea"
But if you can still remember,
Stop and think of me

Think of all the things
We've shared and seen
Don't think about the
Things which might have been

Think of me, think of me waking
Silent and resigned
Imagine me trying too hard
To put you from my mind
Recall those days, look back on all those times
Think of the things we'll never do
There will never be a day
That I won't think of you

Somewhere in the gardens, from the statues soul, came the voice.

Can it be?
Can it be Songbird? Bravo!

Long ago!
It seems so long ago,
how young and innocent you were
She may not remember me,
But I remember her

Songbird never heard the voice as she was too caught up in her song.

Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade
They have their seasons so do we
But please promise me that sometimes
You will think
Ah Ah Ah Ah
Ah Ah Ah Ah
Of me!

On that final note she opened her wings and pushed herself up onto the railing as a gush of wing blew her mane around, carrying her voice with it. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as she inhaled big breaths of air. "Songbird, how did you learn to sing like that," asked a voice from behind her. The mare jumped and spun around, seeing her mother, Princess Luna standing there.

"Mom, you startled me."

"Sorry darling, but I couldn't help but overhear your beautiful voice. How did you..."

"I'm the Princess of Music, mother. Also I've had a lot of practice over the span of a thousand years."

Luna smiled. "You really do live up to your name, now come along my dear. You must be hungry."

"Na, I'm good."

"Okay then, anyway I just came up to tell you that Twilight wishes to see you in Ponyville today."

Songbird beamed. Ever since her mother returned, Twilight had moved to the Golden Oaks Library in Ponyville, while Songbird stayed in Canterlot as a princess. Twilight had been her best friend for a few years now and they hardly saw each other anymore. This was a rare opportunity to see her and Spike, her dragon assistent. "I haven't seen Twilight since you came home. When do I leave?"

"Very soon, now here's some breakfast for you," Luna said, handing her a paper bag with a fruit salad, pancakes and grape juice. "Oh by the way, the school from Ponyville are coming here to look at the statue garden later on today."

"That's cool, now I'd better fly or I'll miss out on seeing the girls." Songbird said, hugging her mother a hug. The princess spread her wings and took to the skies. Luna watched as her little girl became nothing more than a speck of white in the distance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's been so long since I've seen you Song," Twilight said, using her magic to pour her some tea. "Thanks, things have been going great back in Canterlot, Mom has decided that even if ponies don't appreciate her night, she will always have me to love it. But guess what, ponies have realised how much pain she went through in her banishment and now they've learned how to appreciate the night, sure theres still ponies that frown at her presence, but other than that alls well and good."

"That's great Songbird, I can only imagine what you went through without your mother around."

"Yeah, it was tough. I wish she'd stop babying me though," she cringed.

The mares jerked their heads towards the window when they heard a scream. "Goodness! What's happening out there?" Songbird asked to no one in particular.

"I don't know, but it sound like it was coming from Sweet Apple Acres." Spike said.

"Then why are we sitting around doing nothing, lets go see whats happening."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh boy there was something up alright. The cornfields of the farm looked more like a giant popcorn machine. The clouds were also pink and it was raining a brown liquid. Songbird stared in disbelief. There was only one person who could create such things. She shook her head. No, it couldn't be. She looked around at the farmyard. Could it?

"What is happening here?!" Twilight cried.

"I don't know! But there's cotton candy clouds flying everywhere, it's raining chocolate milk and Applejack's corn as been turned into popcorn!" Rainbow cried, trying to unstick the sugary pink goo from her body. \

Pinkie Pie popped up from a pile of popcorn. "I don't see what the big deal is, this is a dream come true!" She did a nose dive into the pile and disappeared. Rarity didn't seem to grasp the seriousness of the situation and watched from under her umbrella. Fluttershy zipped past, trying to catch a herd of long legged rabbits. "Please come back here," she cried.

Everyone turned when Spike burped up a scroll and Twilight unravelled it. The unicorn read the letter and look at her befuddled friends. "Princess Celestia wants us all in Canterlot immediately."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mane Six galloped into the throne room, where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were pacing. "Princess Celestia, we came as fast as we could!" Twilight gasped. When Luna saw her daughter, she ran up to her and hugged her as she had been in a life and death situation. "Mom! What are you doing?!" Songbird demanded.

"Not now honey," she turned to two unicorn guards. "You two, take Princess Songbird up to her room and make sure she doesn't escape!" The guards grabbed Songbird's hoof and led her upstairs.

"Mom! What are you doing? I'm not a kid anymore!" she cried.

The remaining six watched in confusion as the princess was led up to her room. The sisters approached Twilight and her friends. "Princess, what's going on? Is this about the weather? And the animals weird behaviour? Why is Songbird being sent to her room?"

Celestia raised her hoof to silence her. "Follow me,"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celestia and Luna led the six to a long hallway of stain glass windows. "We've called you hear for a matter of importance. It seems an old foe of ours has returned. His name, is Discord. Discord is the mischievous spirit of chaos, it is him who's causing all the destruction." Celestia explained.

"But why did you send Songbird to her room?" Twilight asked.

The sisters shared a worried glance. Luna stepped forward. "You see, a thousand years ago Discord was free. My daughter was only three at the time and..." she shuddered. "Let's say that Discord had a very...unhealthily appreciation for my daughter."

A gasp rose from the ponies as they caught on to what Luna was implying. "Princess, you're not saying he-" Twilight began.

"From what the evidence tells me, Songbird was out playing when she stumbled upon Discord, using his magic he lured my daughter into a clearing and he apparently molested her there. She came home sobbing with tear stained cheeks. Motherly instinct took over and Celestia and I when out to turn him to stone, when I came back to check on her, she was crying. Understandable, because such an event must have traumatised her," The princess shuddered and a tear fell down her right cheek. The Mane Six stared at her in shock and sorrow for what had happened to their friend. "Now that he's back, he's going to finish what he started. I lost Songbird once, I'm not going to lose her again!"

Celestia took over where her sister left off. "But since we are not connected to the Elements anymore, he broke free," She stopped at the door to a room. "This is Canterlot Tower, where the Elements of Harmony are kept. And since you welded the Elements before, we need you to weld them again and stop Discord!"

The sun princess inserted her horn into a keyhole and the door glowed. It opened up and a case was sitting there. Celestia levitated the case over and opened it up, revealing there to be nothing there. A gasp rose around the room as Celestia dropped the empty case in shock. "That chamber is protected by a spell that only i can break, this doesn't make sense." They snapped back into reality when a low, male chuckle echoed around the hall. "Oh but what fun is making sense,"

Lying on the rafters above them was a creature with the head of a pony and a body of many different animal parts. "Discord!" Celestia cried.

The creature smirked. "Aren't you happy to see me Tia, it's quite boring been put into stone and but what would you know, I don't turn ponies to stone."

"Enough! What have you done with the Elements of Harmony?" Luna cried.

Discord looked down and saw the moon princess glaring at him. "Hello Lulu, been a while," he looked around. "Where is that daughter of yours?"

Luna would have flown up and strangled him, but Celestia held her back. "You kept your disgusting claws away from my daughter!" she cried in full motherly protection.

Discord was confused as to where Songbird was. He saw the glares he was receiving from the ponies. But where was Songbird. His honorary little sister. He felt his heart snap when he came to the conclusion that she had forgotten him. No, she couldn't have. She vowed that she loved him and would never forget him, but she was only three years old then and she...

She would have been all grown up by then. But I heard her singing! said the little voice in his head. It could have been some pony else. said the logical part of him. His breathing became rapid and he was starting to fight the urge to cry. Out of panic he snapped his fingers and disappeared. The ponies screamed and shouted to try and get him to come back.

Outside, he had teleported himself to the Canterlot Maze. "No, no, no," he cried. "Have I really been forgotten?" he asked himself. He snapped his fingers and the Elements of Harmony appeared in his lap. He had stolen them as an act of revenge for the Princesses putting him in stone. But now he had a much better reason to steal them. Anger swelled up in his heart as he gritted his fists together. Those ponies had made her forget him somehow, that had to be it. They had to have made her forget him over the years and sent her away so she wouldn't be around to see him.

He grinned and snapped the Elements back to there hiding spot. "Very well Princess, how bout we play a little game with those little ponies."

Author's Note:

I was originally going to make this series E rated but due to the plot of this story, I had to change it to Teen because a serious topic got brought up.

I do not own the song 'Think of Me'

Finally, I hope you enjoy this chapter