• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 2,208 Views, 15 Comments

My Chaotic Brother - Fizzyberries302



After Songbird was reunited with her mother, she couldn't have been happier but now she's missing a little chaos in her life. A thousand years ago, she was friends with Discord the Lord of Chao. Now they have news that he has broken free.......

  • ...
0
 15
 2,208

Building a Friendship

When morning came, Songbird skipped happily down to breakfast. Overjoyed that she had made a new friend, she hummed as she trotted up to her seat at the dining table. "Well you seem happy today," Celestia said as her niece sat down.

"Good Morning Auntie Tia," she turned to her mother sitting next to her.

"Good Morning Mommy," she said, giving her a hug.

"Good morning to you too, my little starlight." said Luna, returning her daughters hug.

The doors to the kitchen opened and three unicorn butlers came out, each levitating a silver tray covered by a lid of the same colour. They levitated the trays over to each princess and lifted the lid off, revealing a plate of pancakes, maple syrup, scrambled eggs and buttered toast. A unicorn holding a jug of juice filled up the princesses goblets.

Celestia nodded in respect to the butlers. "Thank you, you may go now."

The unicorns bowed and walked back to the kitchen. Songbird started to stuff her breakfast down her throat.

"Settle petal, eat slowly or you'll get a tummy ache." Celestia said, patting Songbird's back.

"You seem eager to get going, what's the hurry?" Luna asked, wiping her daughters mouth.

"Nothing," she piped, giving the sisters an innocent angel look.

Luna rolled her eyes, smiling.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After breakfast, Celestia and Luna had to go to a meeting with the council. Luna spotted her daughter heading towards the door, carrying her doll Pixie Starlight. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"Exploring." Songbird explained, remembering what Discord told her.

"Okay, but don't go too far and no straying into the forest." Luna said.

"Okay Mommy," Songbird hugged her mother around her legs. "I love you,"

Luna smiled and returned the hug. "I love you too," She pushed her daughter towards the door. "Now run along and be back by sundown,"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Songbird trotted out the door and once it had closed, she spread her wings and flew off in the direction of the forest. She was able to find the cave easily as it had red curtains covering the entrance. Songbird pulled back the curtains and peeked inside. She could see the walls were decorated purple, red and black checkered patterns and a single bed with a quilt of the same colours and pattern was sitting down the back. Lying on the bed was a familiar figure, making a group of small pink clouds swirl around. "Discord?"

The draconequus sat up and saw the filly standing at the curtains. He smiled. "Songbird! Come on in," he offered. The filly smiled and trotted up to him and hopped onto his lap.

"How are you this morning?" he asked.

"Great, I told Mommy I was going exploring." she piped.

He looked down at her. "I didn't think you were going to come, I mean we only met yesterday and how are you trusting me so easily."

"Mommy said I have a sixth sense that tells me when it's right to trust some pony. After you saved me yesterday, I trust you."

Discord stared at her in shock. "I...I...I thought you were scared of me. I thought you thought I was a monster."

Songbird raised an eyebrow. "Monster? You're not a monster. How could a monster have such amazing magic. Chocolate Rain from Cotton Candy clouds?! Everyone should have your magic, Discord."

Discord looked away from her. "My...my magic...isn't exactly...useful..."

"Why not?"

"Well...the draconequui might have been there to keep the balance...but we were the bad side of balance...my powers cause chaos and disharmony, which is what my name means...you ponies have beautiful magic that the land uses and brings happiness and joy...but my magic does nothing but give ponies a headache -Ow! Geez kid, what was that for?!" he cried as Songbird had slapped his paw.

"How dare you say your powers are worthless! How dare you say they cause nothing but chaos and disharmony!" she shouted at him.

Discord just stared at her. She was only three years old, yet she was acting like she was thirteen.

Songbird's expression softened and she gave him a look of pure concern. She put her hoof on his paw and looked him in the eyes. "Your powers do cause joy Discord. Any colt or filly would love it if it was raining chocolate milk. Take me for example, I love your magic and it's special. You said so yourself and now your saying your powers are worthless. Mommy told me that no pony is useless."

"I'm not a pony,"

"Your more of a pony than anyone could ever be," Songbird said, smiling at him.

Discord smiled back and stroked her mane. "You remind me so much of my mother."

"What was she like?"

Discord looked away and stared at the floor. "I can't quite remember, but I do remember she had long golden hair that flowed down her back."

"She sounds beautiful," Songbird said.

"Thanks, what's your mother like?"

"Mommy is the Princess of the Night. She has this beautiful dark blue coat, her mane is like the night sky and it defies gravity, she raises the moon and her eyes are a beautiful turquoise colour. She's also the sweetest, kindest pony in the world."

"What about your aunt?"

"Oh she's Mommy's older sister. She's the supreme ruler of Equestria and is also beautiful. Her mane defies gravity, but it has stripes of blue, green, teal and pink and her coat is pure white like mine. Auntie Tia is so wise and knows just what to do when theres a problem."

"They sound amazing, but what about your Dad?"

Songbird looked at him. "I was born from a star,"

"Pardon?"

"Mommy told me that she had always longed for a child, so one night she cried out a wish to Lord Polaris, the North Star. He's technically my father, because he gave Mommy a special Star Fruit that would grant one's dearest wish. Then she had me,"

"So your a star's daughter?" Discord asked, intrigued by her stories.

"I guess I am, I've never seen him though so I really don't know." Songbird explained.

"You have such a nice family and I don't have anyone,"

"You have me," Songbird chirped.

Discord's ears perked up when she said this.

"I'm sorry?"

"You know, I'm an only child. Mommy said that Polaris could only grant her one child and she's often in meetings. I always wanted a brother though," She turned around to face Discord, smiling.

Discord smiled back and hugged her. "I did always want a little sister."

Songbird smiled and squeezed him tight around his middle. Discord hugged her back, feeling like he had family again. When they pulled away, Discord nodded towards the entrance. "Why don't we go play outside," he offered. Songbird grinned and followed him outside into the forest. They found a large field and Discord began to do tricks with his magic, while Songbird was laughing and encouraging him to continue the show. "I guess she's right, look at her, she loves my powers. Maybe I was wrong about how my powers do nothing but cause chaos. They do earn joy.

They played all day in the field and when the sun started to set, Songbird said she had to go home. Discord snapped his fingers and a cotton candy cloud appeared, dripping chocolate milk. "Here, this is for you...little sister,"

Songbird took the cloud in her hooves and looked up at Discord. "Thank you, big brother," she said grinning.