• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 1,486 Views, 43 Comments

Violet-Rose Equestria Tales - Fizzyberries302



Violet-Rose is a depressed, homeless teenager who lives in the woods near a junkyard. She then suddenly finds herself in the magical land of Equestria, where she meets 6 ponies and a certain draconequus, where she discovers a secret of her past.

  • ...
3
 43
 1,486

My Past is not Today

When they rematerialized, they were blue and white, like ghosts. They were in some sort of grassy plain, near a patch of flowers.

Playing and laughing in the flowers were two butter yellow pegasi fillies, on older than eight or nine years old. One had short red hair and teal glasses, but the other looked exactly like Fluttershy, only the filly’s eyes were green and her mane was shorter.

The doppelganger had a cutie mark of five flower buds, while the other had a rose.

“That…filly looks like Fluttershy.” Discord marvelled, pointing to the pink haired foal.

Then the fillies spoke. “These flowers look so beautiful Rosey.” said the pink maned filly.

“Yes they do Posey.” said the other. “Let’s pick some for Grandma.”

“Who are those fillies?” Twilight asked. “I have never seen them before in history books.”

“It was kept secret for oblivious reasons.”

“I know who the red haired filly is…” Fluttershy said. “That’s my mom! But I don’t have any clue on who the other filly is?”

“I think the rest can be explained in the future. Discord?” Celestia asked. The draconequus snapped his fingers and they were in the same grassy plain, but the fillies were gone. Then a slightly older version of pink haired filly appeared from behind a tree, singing.

There’s music in the treetops,
And there’s music in the vale,
And all around the music fills the sky,

There’s music by the river,
And there’s music in the grass,
And the music makes you heart soar in reply,

Ahhhhhh, ah, ahhhhh, ah, ahhhhh
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah,
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah,
Ahhhhhhhh-

The mare shrieked when a human boy fell out of the tree. He was around eleven or twelve years old. He had a freckled face, red hair, blue eyes and a baseball cap. Violet recognized the boy from old family photos. “That’s my dad.”

Comet gave her a blank look. “What do you mean that’s your dad? What is he anyway?”

“Shh, look!” Applejack pointed at the two past figures.

The butter pegasus was still screaming. “Who are you? What are you?!”

The boy held up his hands. “Whoa, easy girl. I’m friendly! Ouch!”

She started whamming him in the head with a stick. “Hey, hey! Ow! Cut it out! I come in peace!”

She paused and scrutinized him. “What were you doing in the tree?”

He stood up to his full height. “I was climbing it. I didn’t know this was your spot.”

“I’ve never seen anything like you before.”

“I’m a boy, a human boy. Wow, I didn’t know horses have wings?”

“I’m a pony and what do you mean you’ve never seen a pony with wings.”

“I just got here. I’m friends with Bright Mac and Buttercup.”

Applejack gasped. “My parents!”

The pegasus soften at little. “Can you prove it?”

“Bright Mac wears a cowboy hat and has a green apple on his butt. Buttercup has a picture of a butter jar and is very kind.”

“Okay I believe you, what’s your name?”

“Danny.”

“Nice to meet you, Danny. My name is Posey Daphne Blossom.”

He shook his head. “Nah, too long. How about I just call you Daphne?”

Violet’s mouth dropped. Now she knew why the mare looked so familiar.

“Violet? Are you okay?” Discord asked.

“That…that…that’s…my mom.”

“What?” every pony exclaimed.

“But she looks nothing like you?” Rainbow said.

“I don’t know Dashie, the resemblance is uncanny.” Twilight marvelled.

“You never told us you were part pony!” Pinkie said, accusingly.

“I didn’t know.”

“There’s more for you to see.” Celestia declared.

She whispered to Discord again. He snapped his fingers and the scene changed. They were in the field outside of the Sweet Apple Acres orchard. Danny and Posey were playing with a large group of ponies and a tall blonde girl in green overalls.

Violet recognised her as her late Aunt Megan. Rainbow Dash gasped when she saw two pegasi. One was a pink mare with a light blue mane and violet eyes. The other was a purple stallion with a multi-coloured mane. “Those are my parents!”

Applejack was gawking in the other direction. “And those are mine!” A yellow stallion with an apple red mane wearing a cowboy hat was rolling around on the grass. A peach mare with an orange curly mane was watching him dreamily.

“What's with that blush, Buttercup?" Bright Mac asked in a southern accent.

Buttercup looked away awkwardly. “What blush?"

“Sounds like your parents haven't figured out their feelings yet?” Violet whispered.

“Ma and Pa loved each other very much,”

"Aww, the two of you are so cute together!" Posey sighed.

"Megan!" Bright Mac and Buttercup whined.

A teenage girl laughed as she walked over to them. “You two need to get a room, every one here knows that the two of you have been digging at each other since the day Bright Mac broke the Water System."

“Hey Firefly, bet ya twenty bits that they’ll get married,” Rainbow’s father murmured.

Bright Mac and Buttercup looked away from each other awkwardly.

Buttercup let out a shriek as it started to rain. Everyone looked around and it appeared to be raining on them. They glanced up to see a blonde white pegasus with black balloons on her flank jumping on top of a raincloud. “Surprise!” Buttercup screamed. “That's not funny!”

They heard laughter behind them. Danny and another blonde girl in pink overalls were rolling around on the grass. “Danny! Molly!” Megan scowled.

“Come on, can’t you guys take a joke?”

“Knock it off, Surprise!” Posey warned.

Megan looked up at the sun. “Come you two, it’s getting late and Mom and Dad will want us home soon.”

“Already?” Firefly asked disappointingly.

“Sorry guys, but we have a curfew.” Megan pulled out a heart shaped locket. “Let’s go home.”

She opened it and a rainbow shot out. “That’s the Rainbow of Light, isn’t it?” Violet asked.

“Yes and those children were true to their word, when they said they would protect it with all their heart.” said Celestia. The scene fast forwarded like a video cassette and when it continued, a twenty-year-old Danny was sitting under an oak tree, sobbing. In his hand, was the locket.

“Megan, Molly…” he buried his face in lap. He perked up when he heard the sweet voice. Then the familiar pink haired mare came into view.

“Danny!” she ran over to him, but stopped when she saw that he was crying. “Danny what’s wrong, where’s Megan and Molly?”

Danny continued sobbing. “They…their…dead…”

Posey’s eyes widened. “What happened!”

“They were in the car going to the mountains, but they lost control and they…” Posey flew to her childhood friends side.

“I’m so sorry Danny. So, so, sorry.” She started to cry with them.

Everyone was standing, looking shocked. “I had no idea my dad lost his sisters.” Violet said. “My aunts.”

The scene shifted slightly. The same group of ponies were crying, clearing mourning for the loss of their friends. Then another Princess Celestia came into view. “I’m so sorry for your loss, Danny.” she said, putting a hoof on his shoulder.

Danny was sobbing into Posey’s embrace; she was crying along with him. “I’m not going back!” he said suddenly.

Every pony looked at him as if he said a bad word.

Even Celestia seemed surprised. “I’m sorry Danny, but we can’t have a human running around in Equestria.”

“Please! Please let me stay. I have no one else to turn too. My sister were the only ones I had left. And they would want me to protect the Rainbow,” He locked eyes with Posey, his blue eyes met her green. “Besides, I feel my heart belongs to Posey.”

The pegasus looked at him, lovingly. “Danny…I never knew you felt this way.”

Past Celestia smiled. “I see, well if this is your decision. Then who am I to stand in its way,” The human and the pegasus stared at her.

“But it comes with a cost. You can never return to the human world and you have to become a pony.” she said to Danny.

Danny looked around at the other ponies, then back at Celestia. “I wish to stay here and become a pony.” he said, in full confidence.

Celestia smiled and touched his head with her horn. A bright flash of light emitted from her horn. When the light dimed down, Danny was now a dark blue pegasus with red hair and blue eyes. The scenes shifted into various scenes. When the scene played at normal speed, there were two young fillies in view. They were very familiar indeed.

“That’s us!” Violet and Fluttershy cried in surprise. The younger versions of them were making daisy chains. The filly Violet looked around four or five, with her blonde hair tied into pigtails, while the younger version of Fluttershy looked six and her mane was let loose over her face.

“That…what…how?” Violet turned accusingly at Celestia.

“Watch.” She blankly said.

“Violet! It’s time to go home now!” called an older version of Danny.

He was still a pony. “Coming Daddy!” she piped. “See ya Fluttershy.”

“Bye, bye!” past Fluttershy said.

Violet instantly new something was wrong when she saw the menacing look on her father’s face.

“That’s Chrysalis, isn’t it?” Violet said.

“Yes, she took your fathers form to get close to you.” Celestia explained.

“But what about the fact that Violet and I knew each other as foals!” Fluttershy demanded.

“That will be explained shortly.” The scene fast forwarded to the valley, which was covered in changelings. Chrysalis had cornered Posey, Danny and Violet against a rock.

“You have nowhere to run, little ones!” the queen cackled. “Now that I know the way into the human world, I won’t have any use for you anymore!”

Posey looked at her husband and daughter.

“Danny, Violet. If we don’t get out of this, I want you to know that I will forever love you.”

“Mommy, are we going to die?” Violet asked, tears in her eyes. Danny hugged his girls close to his chest.

Then he remembered. “The Rainbow!” he pulled out the locket. “Posey, Violet, focus on our love for each other. Then the Rainbow will activate.” he explained in whispers.

Past Violet and Posey closed their eyes shut and focused on their emotions. Then from in the middle of the family, a bright rainbow light appeared.

“Wha…what is this!” Chrysalis shrieked. The light expanded and blasted the changelings, but in the middle of the blast, the rainbow seemed to absorb into Violet’s chest.

“That is freaky,” she said.

Celestia turned to Violet. “We have one more thing to see.”

Discord snapped his fingers and the same group of ponies from before were all standing in front of Celestia, Posey, Danny and Violet. Rosey was standing up front, next to her was Fluttershy and a green pegasus stallion in a blue sweater. “Celestia, isn’t there another way?” she pleaded.

“I’m sorry Rosey, but it’s the only way to protect the Rainbow of Light. Since it’s become a part of Violet, Chrysalis will want to take her from us.” Posey explained, shedding tears.

“Sister…please.” Posey embraced the red haired mare.

“I’m sorry Rosey, but we have to protect Violet.”

“But…but I’ll never see you again.” Rosey sobbed.

Violet spoke up in a timid, sad voice. “Do…do we have to go, Mommy?”

“Yes, now say your goodbyes to Fluttershy, as this is the last time you’ll see each other.” Young Violet and Fluttershy approached each other. They finally flew themselves at each other and embraced each other, sobbing.

“I’m going to miss you Fluttershy.”

“I’ll miss you too!”

They finally broke away, crying uncontrollably. Danny wrapped a hoof around his daughter. All the other ponies embraced the couple and filly, all shedding tears.

“Stay strong you two.” said Buttercup, a young colt and filly were at her side.

“That’s me and Big Macintosh!” Applejack cried.

“And there’s me!” Rainbow pointed to a younger version of herself, standing next to her father.

Celestia turned to the family of pegasi. “You ready to go yet?”

“One minute!” Rosey held out a purple and green scarf to Posey.

“Something to remember us at heart.” she sobbed. “Thank-you sis, I will treasure it with all my heart.” Posey said.

Finally, the two mares embraced each other one last time. Posey then went down to Fluttershy’s eye level.

“Fluttershy, promise me that you will always remember our song, it was your mine and your mother’s song.”

“I…I promise, Auntie Posey.” she whimpered.

Posey backed away, in tears before turning to Celestia. “We’re ready,” she said.

Celestia lit up her horn. “This is an ancient spell that very few can use. It will send you to the human world, also remove your daughters’ memories, so she can never go back.”

“Do it,” Posey said. Celestia’s horn glowed brighter and went the light died down; Posey, Danny and Violet were gone. Rosey couldn’t take it anymore and fell to the ground crying. She let all her sadness out in a yell.

“SISTER!”

The group watched as the scene faded away and they were back in the forest. Violet and Fluttershy were in pure shock. They slowly pieced together the evidence, while slowly facing each other at the same pace. “If our mothers were sisters,”

“Then we’re,”

“You’re my,”

“We’re…”

Cousins!” they said together.

“Yes, you may be cousins, but you two were closer then sisters.” Celestia said with a warm smile.

Violet then remembered something. “That’s why I felt so comfortable around Fluttershy. It was like my mind recognised her.”

“And you two have a lot in common.” Applejack said.

“Now you know,” the princess told Violet. “The reason you gained such power is that you are a child of two worlds, as well as product of true love.”

Violet looked up at Celestia. “But how come I have never done that before?”

“The magic inside you was triggered once you embrace your equine side. When you were born, I paid close attention to you, to see if you would gain any special abilities.”

The girl turned to Discord. “Did you know about this?”

“How could I? I was in stone during that time,” he shrugged. “I guess it was just dumb luck.”

“Violet…” Comet murmured. Violet felt the colour drain from her face. She slowly turned to face him, looking him in the eye.

He had a look of concern. “Why didn’t you tell me that you’re a Human?” he asked.

She hung her head, knowing that she had no way out of this. “I was afraid of what you might think,” she felt like her heart had turned into broken glass. “to know that your girlfriend was something from another world.”

Comet lifted her chin. “Just say it Violet, get ready for heart break and tears.”

Violet locked eyes with him. “I’m sorry I kept this from you. A healthy relationship means that we don’t kept secrets from each other and I kept my biggest secret from the stallion I trust the most. I don’t know if you will ever look at me the same, but know that I was scared of what you would think. I wish you could have found out a better way than this.” She properly broke down into tears.

Suddenly, Violet felt the familiar softness on her lips. Comet was caressing her face and neck. Violet felt something warm wrap around her neck. She broke away to see her scarf around her neck and Comet giving her a loving smile. “No matter what your race, I will always love you Violet. Sure I was shocked at first, but I understand how hard it must have been for you. But, promise me this. No matter how bigger secret, we always talk about it, because it’s easier to let it go, than hold it back.”

Violet cried tears of joy as she flung her hooves around his neck, pressing her lips to his. Then something crossed Violet’s mind.

She broke away and faced Celestia. “Princess? Whatever happened to my mother?”

Celestia’s face twitched slightly. “I’ll show you.”

She lit up her horn again and touched the ground. They were back to being white like ghosts, but it was just Celestia and Violet. Chrysalis and her drones were standing there, obviously waiting for something. Violet watched as a door opened out of nothing. Out stepped her mother, wearing the same clothes she wore when she disappeared.

“Ah, Posey Daphne Blossom. Come back to meet your fate.” Chrysalis snarled.

The woman glared at the changelings. “I suppose you want the Rainbow of Light, well you can’t get it,” The doorway disappeared. “The doorway is sealed. Now you’ll never be able to get to Violet.” she spat.

Chrysalis growled. “You are going to open the gateway right now or your life will end right here.”

Violet felt her heart stop. Posey clenched her fists and breathed through her nose. “I will never let you into the Human World.”

“Then you are no use to me.” Chrysalis snarled, charging up her horn. “Last chance!”

“I’D RATHER DIE THEN LET YOU INTO THE HUMAN WORLD!” Posey cried.

Chrysalis yelled and her magic shot a beam of green light at Posey. The light hit her in the chest and she screamed in agony.

“NOOOO!” Violet screamed as the picture blurred into reality. When they were back in the forest, Violet would have collapsed into a heap, had Comet not caught her. Violet started crying uncontrollably. “What happened!” Discord asked.

“My…my…my mother is…d…de…she’s gone!” Violet sobbed. A gasp rose from the group. Comet stroked her hair lovingly. “She…she gave her life for…me?”

All around came words of sorrow and comfort. Comet held his girlfriend close as she drenched his shoulder in her tears. Violet was a wreck when they got home. Discord and Fluttershy offered to let Comet spend the night. “She might need you.” Fluttershy said.

Comet ended up staying for a week. Violet rarely let anyone talk to her and mostly spent her time crying and grieving. Comet held her close whenever she broke down. But when the week was over, Violet was back too normal. She talked to Fluttershy more often and they started to retain their childhood bond. Discord proved to also be a big help, entertaining her with his magic.

Two weeks past and Violet was retained. She had even helped the CMC earn their cutie marks. Turned out that their special talent was being the CMC. Violet said that once they had finished school, they could start their own Cutie Mark Agency. That sparked the young filly’s minds.

Though Violet had a hard time excepting that her mother was dead, she had her friends and her new found cousin to support her.

Author's Note:

So Fluttershy and Violet are cousins! Betcha didn't see that coming, and if any of you were wondering where Zephr Breeze was, well he wasn't born yet.

Also, a moments silence for Posey
:ajsleepy::fluttercry::ajsleepy::fluttercry:

Edit: Now that we know the real Apple Parents Names, I decided to change the story a little bit. Not much, just the original names I had.

I'm still keeping Firefly and Rainbow Blaze though...